Pooling the Resources

A few healers see the need to work together through the worst of the blight (Nai'a)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Pooling the Resources

Postby Adnaj on February 9th, 2013, 1:48 am

Dr. Kelly looked somewhat indignant at being called out and although Adnaj looked more even tempered, his reaction was more alarmed. He knew that Nai'a was right and that one of his biggest problems was intellectualizing his patients and turning their problems into an academic exercise instead of a life saving effort.

Dr. Kelly knew that Nai'a was right, too. He was just trying to salvage a bit more of his professional appearance from the scene.

"Yes, yes. Ahem. Well then, I must be going." He started to hurry down the hallway. "Lots of things to oversee, patient's to care for...formula's to test...planning to see to...

"Thank you, Dr. Kelly," Adnaj yelled down the hall before looking back at Nai'a. "You are correct, now that we know what is plaguing Mr. Wydren, his healing is actually quite simple. However, if there has ever been anyone, here, who has needed your mark, it is him. I will retrieve his medicine if you wouldn't mind staying here and seeing if you might be able to ease his suffering in the meantime. He suggested.

Adnaj
Technician for the Living

Words: 75084
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2012, 4:50 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Pooling the Resources

Postby Nai'a on February 9th, 2013, 4:23 am

Nai’a nodded farewell to Dr. Kelly as he left, fleeing the scene. Nai’a heaved a heavy sigh and brought her attention to Adnaj, a small smile on her face as he began to talk. ”I am sorry about my behavior. I just want to try to heal Mr. Wydren as soon as possible, instead of him suffering longer than he should, and possibly dying. We have had enough death for one day.” Nai’a cleared her throat her gaze going over the older man lying on the bed. ”I will do the best I can. Whether it will help or not I am not sure, but I will try.” Nai’a inhaled deeply, her sensitive nose picking up the scents of sickness, medicine, and urine. She coughed slightly and walked over to the man as Adnaj left to go get the medicine.

Nai’a closed her eyes her head inclining upwards. Rak’Keli, gracious Goddess of healing. Thank you for gifting me with this mark, please keep guiding me and giving me the strength to heal all of those who have been suffering from this pestilence. Nai’a opened her eyes and exhaled loudly, placing her hands on the man, palms downward. A soothing, warm blue light radiated out of her palms, the magic entering the man’s body and seeking out what it could to heal him. After about 10 chimes she retracted her hands and brushed some stray strands of the man’s hair out of his face.

Nai’a stepped back and stood there quietly, waiting for Adnaj to return. She sympathized with Mr. Wydren, contracting a deadly sickness from someone who gave him happiness and love. Nai’a could imagine how he felt, being hurt from someone he loved, be quickly to forgive and not to blame them, because he loved the pet so much. Nai’a stretched her arms above her head, leaning her back backwards. Nai’a dropped her arms at her sides, watching over the man, keeping a close on his reactions and facial expressions.

Due to college I will not be as active as I was. Sorry, but do not give up on me :)! I will reply ASAP
Nai'a
Healing is the art of caring.

Words: 184578
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2012, 6:37 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Pooling the Resources

Postby Adnaj on February 10th, 2013, 5:55 pm

"No need to apologize,"[/color] Adnaj chuckled. "But don't waste any undue worry on Mr. Wydren. Now that we know what is wrong with him, he will be just fine. As you know, there are a great deal of people, in here, who need those worries.

Adnaj hurried off to retrieve the medicine which their patient would need. The two continued to work, alongside Mistress Claira and the various interns, for the rest of the week. The rest of the day was spent with the remaining meningitis patients although more patients with flu-like symptoms would continue streaming in until their work was finally down. It seemed as if upon discharging one patient two more would immediately be carted into the emergency section of the Infirmary. The work was exhausting but by the end of it, Adnaj was glad for the experience. He got to practice honing his skills under pressure, he had the chance to watch Mistress Claira practice her craft and he had met an altruistic, young, energetic healer right here in Zeltiva.

Adnaj
Technician for the Living

Words: 75084
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2012, 4:50 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Pooling the Resources

Postby Jester on February 18th, 2013, 8:22 am

Thread Graded!!

Adnaj :
XP Awarded
  • +4 Medicine
  • +2 Acupuncture
  • +2 Investigation
  • +1 Socialization

Lores Awarded
  • Managing Multiple Treatment Plans
  • A Porcine Answer to Inflammation
  • Exposure to the mark of Rak'keli

Nai'a :
XP Awarded
  • +2 Medicine
  • +1 Acupuncture
  • +1 Investigation
  • +1 Socialization

Lores Awarded
  • Managing Multiple Treatment Plans
  • Working in the Intensive Care Unit
  • You Win Some, You Lose Some

Notes :
  • First off let me say it was a good read and I enjoyed this thread quite a bit :)
  • Also, Adnaj, the one spot I took issue with your Nuit portrayal is with Dr. Kelly. I don't feel that a Nuit would have the physical strength to even do so much as to grab and pull him into the room, which is what I gathered you were doing. At best you could lead the way while holding his arm. But keep in mind he's a healthy, thriving person. You are quite literally a rotting corpse. If you tug at him and he doesn't want to come, your rotten arms are going to fall off before he moves.
  • And Nai'a, I had some issues assigning you XP. Your writing was fabulous, and I thought you portrayed your character wonderfully, but it just seemed like you were watching and following Adnaj most of the time. Of course people can learn by watching, but doing tends to teach more. So if you're wondering why your XP rewards are lower, it's cause in most cases you were watching more than doing. Don't be afraid to let Nai'a step up and try out some of the techniques Adnaj is using! I would have especially loved to have seen you try acupuncture out for yourself with Adnaj's guidance on one of the other fever patients. While you have the point now and could technically try it yourself later, now that your PC is aware of acupuncture, from a realistic standpoint it would make much more sense for her to try it her first time with someone who is already somewhat experienced in the discipline. Don't forget, the Clinic in the University is as much a place of hands-on learning as it is of healing.

"The difference between a jester and a fool is that the jester knows he's a jester"

DISCLAIMER: If you think I have been foolish in grading your thread, don't hesitate to PM me. I am happy to take another look at anything you feel is in error, but keep in mind the other Storytellers and I have final say.

Created by the Wonderful, the Fabulous, the Mysterious, Coltyn!
Jester
Grade Monkey

Words: 19637
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 3:19 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous