Closed Past Memories Now Present

[Fountain of Cascading Harmony](Kayliegh) Conflicted with memories of old Ricky seeks to distract himself once more, until he meets a person who reminds him so much.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Past Memories Now Present

Postby Ricky Maze on February 6th, 2013, 10:18 am

"Perhaps we should go find a better place to continue our conversation?" She had offered which actually made Ricky laugh, something that felt so good to do after such a long time of the depressing issues.

"No actually I think I'm good." He nodded with a small grin, looking up to her with sincere eyes. "It's been... something I've been trying to hide from," He admitted to her with ease, relieved in finally doing so. "but uh... I no longer need to hide from it." He was glad to be able to face the pain now, meeting Kayleigh and Noada today had no doubt helped him. The reminder that such a bond existed made him feel ready to move past it all, but there were something he had to think about before hand. For now though he would focus on telling her his story, for she wanted to hear it and he would tell her evrything. He would be strong enough to get through the pain, and share it all with someone for the first time.

Ricky gently took her hand and guided her to have a seat on the fountain once more, he made sure to show Noada that he intended to treat Kayleigh as the dog would. Something sacred to hold and value, something that was beyond worth of protecting. When the two would take their seat Ricky took a moment to think on where to begin, when he looked down into the water and saw his reflection was when he finally found out how to start.

"I grew up a single son of a single father, who raised me to be the man I wanted to be. When I lost him at the time I was able to live on my own I found a dog, he was a stray but seemed well trained to be one. He imprinted himself to me that day and stuck by me for eight years." He took another moment before continuing. "We went off on an adventure a couple years back, and when we came home our house was destroyed. Nothin to lose hope over really because I planned to have it rebuilt." The easy part was of the story was told, now came the hard part. The part of his story that changed his life greatly, and left a deep scar in his heart. "We met a guy on a stroll and happened to hear a scream, when we followed we found a puddle of blood. My dog Odis picked up a scent that led us to what we never expected to find; a smuggling operation. Pirates were kidnappin kids to sell them into slavery, so the three of us worked on puttin the damned thing to a stop..."

The part that always came so difficult to tell, this time though Ricky swallowed the pain and continued on. There was great emotion in his eyes, but emotion that no longer seemed chaotic. "We chase the bastards down to the docks and made a stand there while the two kids we rescued went to get the Wave Guard, and during the fighting I was.... disarmed and lost my footing. Just when the pirate was about to run me through..." The very scene once more played out in Ricky's head as he finished, "Odis tore at his leg to pull him off. He got the bastard away from me only to be ran through, and from there I just snapped and lost control. When I finally was able to connect the pieces together, I only knew the Wave Guard was there and Odis had sacrificed hinself to protect me." He ended the story there with a sigh, silence followed as he waited for Kayleigh to reply now. He never had been able to tell the story as clear as he did now, the fact that he did so was more than a mere accomplishment for him. Ricky was finally able to move on, he was at the point where he was ready. Ready to let everything go.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kayliegh on February 17th, 2013, 2:20 am

Kay looked at the man, bemused but with a small smile, as he laughed. Had she told some sort of joke? She wasn't sure, people with other customs sometimes found things she said humorous. Had she said something wrong? Had she misinterpreted the words she had used?

She wasn't sure but he was laughing, and that was good. It made the sadness she felt from him diminish slightly, she wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't been paying such close attention to it to make sure she didn't say something wrong and to make sure she was doing the correct thing to ease his hurt.

He replied, telling her it was fine to continue the conversation in public, Kayliegh nodded her assent and agreement. Whatever helped him. Her eyes were intent as she looked at him, her eyes swirling with curiosity and compassion. An odd mixture forest green and navy blue, a very dark teal really, as the two emotions swirled together to create a new color. It was obvious that all her attention was on him, that he was at the moment the only person that mattered in the whole world to her.

At the moment all of her focus was on him, nothing was distracting her. The only thing that dragged her eyes form his was his hand on hers as he took it in his hands. His calloused hands felt odd to her smooth ones. This big man, this bear of a man, seemed determined to fight the stereotype his physical appearance wanted to label him with. He was kind to animals, gentle and held a deep grief inside of him. His size made one intimidated, but his kindness made one's heart melt it seemed.

Kayliegh sat down next to the man, her eyes back on his when she had settled on the fountain. Nuada was not watching the man as intently as he had been, satisfied that this man would respect his mistress as a man should and would not hurt her he began to look around for new threats. Giving any passerby who go too close to the two a mean glare.

Kay listened with rapt attention one usually saw in a child listening to their mother tell them stories of great heroes saving the day as Ricky began his tale. When Ricky paused in his tale Kay reached out a hand to lay it on his forearm, telling she was there. It was okay, she was listening.

Kayliegh let out a very ladylike gasp when he told her about the pirates kidnapping children. How could anyone do such things? The naive Vantha mix didn't want to believe that people really could do such things. Who could be so cruel?

The pain the man felt intensified as he started in on the next part, she could feel it in herself now. Oh how it hurt, this poor man. To have this pain, to deal with it for any amount of time. Kayliegh covered her mouth with both hands and shook her head as he began to tell her of how Odis attacked the man to save Ricky only to die.

How could a man do that? How could he just kill the poor animal? Kayliegh wasn't sure what was stronger, her sadness or her anger. She was saddened by the death of such a good companion. And at the same time she wanted retribution, which Ricky explained he had gotten. Or he implied he had.

But Kay noticed something amidst her own roiling emotions, Ricky's pain was fading. She could still feel it but she wasn't sure if she would have noticed it as she had noticed it before. This was a more dormant pain, there but not overbearing.

Kayliegh looked at the man for a moment before throwing her arms around him and giving the man a hug, she squeezed him tight, trying to tell him it was okay.
"If that man was here now I would kill him for you Ricky. I would." she pulled back to look at the man again. "Where I come from such is taboo. To kill another's companion.I know what it is like to have someone you love so dearly, I am sorry you had to lose him." Kayliegh looked at Nuada who was watching for any threats from the innocent bystanders walking around. She loved him dearly, he was a part of her. To lose him... She couldn't even think of it, it tore at her heart to consider it.

"If you go north, to Avanthal, ever, think of me and ask around for my father, Kaiel Frostfawn and tell him you met me and I told him to give you a puppy from our best litter." She could do no better than that, to offer to give one of her father's prized animals away was a great honor in her mind. But she had nothing else she could give him to make up for his loss, there was nothing and she knew that.

This is Vani
This is Common
This is Shiber
These are Nauda's Commands
This is Vani This is Common This is Shiber These are Nauda's Commands

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kayliegh
The Traveling Dancer

Words: 43037
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 9:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on February 19th, 2013, 3:35 am

Ricky didn't expect the sudden hug to happen, but when Kayleigh gave he didn't do anything besides pat her shoulders. "If that man was here now I would kill him for you Ricky. I would." she pulled back to the point where he could see her eyes, she indeed understood the threshold of pain he suffered. "Where I come from such is taboo. To kill another's companion. I know what it is like to have someone you love so dearly, I am sorry you had to lose him."

"Yeah well it's been the abyss for me, but I've gotten through it thus far." He assured her with a small hearty grin.

"If you go north, to Avanthal, ever, think of me and ask around for my father, Kaiel Frostfawn and tell him you met me and I told him to give you a puppy from our best litter." She had instructed to him and be nodded to show he understood.

"That means...quite a log actually. I don't know if I'm ready for another companion just yet, but when I am I'll remember that." The small smile grew slightly larger, to show he was well content now. Only he still had the last thing he needed to do. That was to take time for himself and think, think on everything that happened this past season. Think on all his actions and the words others said, so that he may finally finish accepting everything. "I uh... have something I must do. If ya don't mind me departin." He looked sincere as if it were a request, but then again he just didn't want to up and leave Kayliegh when he was right in the midst of an epiphany. No Ricky wanted to thank her before leaving, and would do so by staying if she wanted. It was after all the best thing he could do, for the kind of kindness she had given today.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kayliegh on February 20th, 2013, 1:31 am

Kay gave his small grin a smile of her own, yes she had felt some of that painful abyss in him. That he could walk around like a normal person was a miracle to her, but she supposed he had to. It was either do that or do nothing and waste away. He had chosen to try to get on with his life, or so it seemed to her.

Kayliegh smiled again at his contented expression, she had done her job. She had released the tension building in him, or rather she had been the catalyst that helped him do it himself. She did hope one day he would take her up on her offer, it would mean a lot to her if he took it as more than simple words said by a stranger to help ease the pain and actually got an animal from her family. She knew it would be a wonderful companion for him, she didn't doubt that.

Kayliegh waved her hand in dismissal. She didn't mind if he left, she had done her job as she saw it. She had done what any Azenth worth their salt would do and relieved the emotional tension building in his body before it cracked him. "No, no I don't mind. I should go as well." She looked around, it was winter and it was prone to darkening quickly. She figured she had been talking to the man for roughly a bell, she had wanted to browse the stores around Zeltiva after her visit to the fountain, so she knew where she could come back to get supplies she'd need for her journey to the next city she set her sites on.

She was a little sad though, she liked this big man and wanted to continue talking to him and learning about him. She hoped she'd get to see him again one day, she needed friends in cities in case she decided to return. She also just liked making new friends, who didn't? But if he had something he needed to do she wouldn't impede that.

This is Vani
This is Common
This is Shiber
These are Nauda's Commands
This is Vani This is Common This is Shiber These are Nauda's Commands

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kayliegh
The Traveling Dancer

Words: 43037
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 9:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on February 21st, 2013, 5:37 pm

Ricky smiled assuringly knowing she had business to tend to as well, perhaps after his time of thinking was over he would see her again. After all they had only just met and knew a little about each other. "I thank ya kindly lass, maybe we can see each other again in a few days. I'd like to get to know ya better." He admitted with a faint smile, a sign that he was on the verge of a recovery. More like another epiphany really. Either way he was grateful to have met Kaliegh today.

Whatever her answer would be he would nod and give a goodbye, to head home once again and think about everything. When he would though it would be with a clearer head this time, and this time for sure he would breakthrough the issues he had. He honestly hoped to see Kayliegh and Noada again, and her offer would indeed be remembered. Already Ricky felt it considerable even though he wasn't ready for another dog just yet. Maybe, just maybe, he would someday venture to Anvathal and take up on her offer. For now though Ricky had business to deal with, business that will soon bring a change for the better.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Eldritch on March 13th, 2014, 11:31 pm

Ricky :
Skills
Socialization +2
Observation +1
Storytelling +1

Lores
-Kayleigh: Likes to talk to her dog
-Nuada: Kayleigh's dog
-Nuaga: Bred to be a guardian
-Telling Kayleigh about Odis
-Kaiel Frostfawn: Kayleigh's father in Avanthal

Kayleigh :
Your ledger is not up to date, update it and then send me a PM to receive your grade.

Notes :
Cute little thread, poor Ricky though. I felt pretty bad hearing him tell the tale of Odis' heroic demise. :(

If you have any comments/questions/concerns about your grade please PM me and we will work something out.

Keep on writing!
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous