Mixed blood..

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Mixed blood..

Postby Osias Trott on February 21st, 2013, 8:49 pm

I was going to make my character a mixed blood (Myrian/Svefra) and I wasn't sure if I would be able to have her raised by Myrian's even though I'm going to have her leave them and travel ... I just didn't know if it would be in the personalities of Myrian's to raise her because she's half Svefra especially since they don't like other races....so my question would be, is that possible?
Osias Trott
I am not what I seem.

Words: 9248
Joined roleplay: February 21st, 2013, 7:24 pm
Race: Ethaefal

Mixed blood..

Postby Ayatah on February 22nd, 2013, 2:32 pm

My character is half-Myrian/half-Eypharian, and she survived (:

You've just gotta make it realistic to their harsh culture. So I wrote Ayatah's pre-creation history that she was taunted and teased as a child for being a half-blood. And when it came to her time in the Myrian military, she received even more verbal abuse than the other recruits.

So yeah, it's possible, just harsh :)
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Mixed blood..

Postby Razkar on February 22nd, 2013, 3:07 pm

Aya pretty much nailed it. By our standards they're incredibly racist and xenophobic, and half-bloods really have to bust their humps to get any respect. It does depend on what you're mixed with, though. Half-Svefra, or Ephyarian like Aya, are frowned upon, like all barbarian races. Half-Dhani or Zith, though... well, read some of Tinnok's threads for the Hell SHE had to go through on a daily basis.
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Mixed blood..

Postby Osias Trott on February 22nd, 2013, 3:39 pm

Thanks both of you =) I've decided to go full on Myrian but I do appreciate the help greatly =D
Osias Trott
I am not what I seem.

Words: 9248
Joined roleplay: February 21st, 2013, 7:24 pm
Race: Ethaefal

Mixed blood..

Postby Ayatah on February 22nd, 2013, 3:49 pm

No problem! It probably makes for an easier upbringing :D

If you ever wanna thread in Taloba as a flashback (you said that Catrii left the jungle, right?), lemme know! Or if she happened to move to Zeltiva, Ayatah has lived there since the start of this season, and that's a possibility too if you wanted!
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Mixed blood..

Postby Tinnok on February 22nd, 2013, 3:55 pm

If you ever want to punch the crap out of a half-breed, I am up for flash backs as well! Yay, for more Myrians!

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Words: 878542
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 5:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)