[Bethsyliss's scrapbook] Sandbox

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Imass on February 26th, 2013, 9:26 am

Nope, just want to give you my thoughts on your rp style/philosophies, but well... I need to know more about you to do that!

Imass
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Bethsyliss on February 26th, 2013, 9:34 am

You don't, actually. I hardly see how my gender, age or occupation will tell you anything about my RP style, and you're misusing the word philosophy. I suppose you mean beliefs, values, viewpoints, that sort of thing. And those certainly have nothing to do with the information you requested. I'd call that unhealthy voyeurism if I didn't know better. Only one thing matters and that is the truth hidden within the signifiers of discourse -- at least for what you claim to want to do.

I'm ass too
Bethsyliss
Player

Words: 142748
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2013, 7:43 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nira'lia on February 26th, 2013, 9:41 am

I like how Imass managed to get you from being satirical to actually being serious. ;)
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Imass on February 26th, 2013, 9:42 am

I am a very simple man with no education so i use lots of slang and word my sentences a little differently. I don't understand you. I wish I could stare at you in the eyes and talk because your way of writing is pretty strange , it like you have hidden meanings and motives or something. I just talk straight up

Knowing a persons age, gender, and occupations tells you a lot about a person. I generally tailor my message to people s they understand better what I mean. I suppose I want to know WHO am talking to before I talk to you 100percent honest and 100 percent for real.

Imass
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Bethsyliss on February 26th, 2013, 9:52 am

Ah, Nira'lia, maybe there was some seriousness in the satyre. I'm watching my favourite film thanks to this discussion so I am grateful (though I feel a bit melodramatic now and still sleep-deprived).

There are no simple men, Imass. I wish I too could stare you in the eyes and listen to what you have to say, but unfortunately two screens and a whole lot of miles separate us. You also have hidden meanings. I think you are not aware of them.

What does a person's age and gender tell exactly, Imass? I'm curious as to why you yearn so much to know when I am inviting you to answer with only what you have read.
Bethsyliss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nira'lia on February 26th, 2013, 9:54 am

There is always some seriousness in satire. That's the whole point of it. What I meant is that he got you to speak coherently. Anyway, that is all. Rolling out!
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Bethsyliss on February 26th, 2013, 9:57 am

Damn, I thought I was still being cryptic. Don't roll out. I like you here.
Bethsyliss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Imass on February 26th, 2013, 10:02 am

Gender tells me whether or not to call you he or she and ages tells me whole long you have had in this existence to experience. Then based on p everything you have said thus far I can formulate more opinions about you. Knowing your occupation would tell me more about where your coming from. Your location tells me your cuutre. All this information is used so I can build a mental image of who I am talking to

Imass
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Bethsyliss on February 26th, 2013, 10:21 am

You are not to address me as he or she. You are to address me as you, the same as I am for you.

Physical time is quite irrelevant to the mind. Some spend their entire lives not living anything, while other acquire the experience expected of an adult while their ages only still have one digit.

My occupation is not easy to deduce if you don't have a quick mind. Then again, if you don't have a quick mind, you won't be able to learn anything of particular interest from my occupation.

My discourse tells about my culture more than a location does. When listening to someone, you listen to what they say, not how it might correlate with their passport nationality.

The only mental image you will be building while talking to me is that which impresses upon your mind while you talk to me. In two posts you have made two edits. If you won't play by my rules on my turf, I won't play by yours. You want me to tell you about myself? Give me incentive. You want to say something? Say it. Do not tailor what you have to say to the person you will be saying it to. In doing so you belittle yourself. Do not. You have a duty to yourself to express what it is that you have to express. Do not transform it according to what you assume the other wants to hear.
Bethsyliss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Vick on February 26th, 2013, 10:24 am

Should I grab some popcorn and watch this? I think I will.

Oh do go on.

Credit goes to Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Vick
Master Maledictor

Words: 355163
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes