Looking to take over the world, need some advice

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Xaldin Seras on March 23rd, 2013, 12:52 am

Hi, Xaldin Seras here. I'm a Nuit and I have this whole world domination bent to me however I need to learn the basics before I can get into that.

I am thinking of starting with flashbacks to help build my character up to present day, but I want to make sure my character sheet is even up to par before I start posting. If I made any errors please point them out in a comprehensive way so I know exactly what to do to fix them.

Also I am looking to start the flashbacks pre nuit, meaning I want to play as a scheming wizard or whatever. I have the idea that he is going to go through most of his human life first and then go to Nuit, and from their work my way up to present day. Whats the best way of going about this and how can I get the most experience bang for my posts.

Another thing I'm looking to do is to create an army through the world magic of animation and summoning. How do I convincingly go about developing a character who can do this? By the time I get him to present day I want him ready for action, and I'm willing to post a novel to get there.

Also I want a lot of conflict. It would not be fun if I got to build that army without fighting decaying tooth and nail for it. What kind of groups could try to destroy my character and how would they go about doing it? What kind of setbacks would a nuit face in trying to achieve this goal. Constantly having to hop bodies is one I can think of, but their has to be others.

With magic I understand I have to have a place to work, what do these places tend to look like and what kind of magic would I need to be proficient in in order to achieve this desired result.

I think that's it for now, hope I get some replies.
Xaldin Seras
Player

Words: 11505
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2013, 10:29 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Evalin on March 24th, 2013, 6:25 pm

Hey!

It sounds like you and Evalin might have a bit in common, though she is not really out to rule the world she is working to gain power as we speak. My advice would be to build up the points you need in Flashbacks (if that is how you want to go about it) and then try and gain an army current season. That makes it much more fun and enjoyable because you can work with other players to see your dream come true! Plus Flasbacks get tiring after a while (trust me) so being able to play current season is a fun change from time to time ^.^

Hope to see you on the forum soon!

Eva
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Rayage on March 24th, 2013, 6:35 pm

I dont know what you mean about flashbacks getting tiring after a while. Im always looking for more flashbacks. Though as a nuit, not many people have lived as long as I have... so you are currently all I have Eva T.T ALL I HAVE.

Anyways, Ray got suckered into the whole world domination thing about two years ago. As a player with the same goal (albeit for a vastly different reason. It came out being a deal with Sahova -I scratch your back you scratch mine- sort of thing.) I can tell you that it is going to take a lot of time, a lot of patience, and a lot of dedication and skill building. More importantly a lot of planning.

It took me two years before I was able to even begin working on the Homunculus (Project Vinonen), which will eventually be bred into an army for Sahova. Even after its creation I have a lot of work ahead of me yet. So you need to be willing to stick around for the long haul. Though in the meantime you can RP working towards your goal :) and meet other PCs/connections around the world.

Also~ If you'd care to flashback with me just take a peek at my CS. All the way down on the bottom is a 'timeline' of sorts with dates of when Ray was where and for how long. We can help each other reach the sky! That is... if flashbacks dont get tiring :P PM me.

PS- Understand if you try to take over the world, well, the whole world will be your enemies. Especially the current city in which you are trying to take over. I can see factions such as the Syliran Knights (Im no expert on the knights) rising to stop your plans, especially if you attack Syliras.

A cool way, I think, to take over a city is to corrupt it from the inside out instead of threat of military might. Put into action a sequence of events (you'll need to talk and interact with the mods of the city most likely to pass your ideas) in which to create chaos and discord within the city. While they are busy dealing with that, you can strike with summons or whatever.

EDIT- Glancing over your CS.

It says that you were a wizard, but you have no starting magic. Magic is a bit hard to earn IC. So I would suggest starting out with whatever magic you'd like to use with points from your starting package.

You also title your Character Sheet after your character. Not "Character Sheet" :)

Also Nuits cannot flashback BV as there is not enough information out there for us to portray it correctly. Ive inquired about this before. :(
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Xaldin Seras on March 25th, 2013, 5:37 pm

Thank you for the comments!

I altered my character profile to have him being born at the cusp of BV/AV and as such I can play in AV and still get to play with him being pre nuit.

The way I have my character he grew up in a family who did not approve of magic for their own reasons and as a rebellious gesture he wanted to learn it. I don't mind it if it takes some effort to actually learn it.

Those are all good ideas for keeping it interesting and I'll gladly want to rp with you ^^
Xaldin Seras
Player

Character sheet

Postby Verilian on March 25th, 2013, 6:24 pm

It should also be noted that Nuit's cannot earn experience for flashbacks to their pre-Nuit life. The same goes with ghosts flashbacking to their mortal lives.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Xaldin Seras on March 25th, 2013, 6:47 pm

*WORLD SHATTERS*

No experience? None? even if they are learning the basics of magic or animation? The knowledge should be able to transfer from one body to the other even if the power that comes with does not, right?

If your talking about something like transferring magical power from one body to the other I'd get that, but my human flashbacks are just to get him up to speed with the basics before becoming a Nuit, that has to count for something. I mean What would be the point of a Nuit going from one body to the other if they cant learn anything?

I had an idea for the transferring concept anyway but its not quite what I mentioned here.
Xaldin Seras
Player

Character sheet

Postby Mienskil Ostovik on March 25th, 2013, 11:19 pm

Note that Verilian said pre-Nuit life. It is quite possible for a Nuit to carry their knowledge from one body to the next - I know two who do it. However, you're not allowed to gain xp while you were a human, before whatever process made you an undead.
Will be gone for a couple days, grades need lifting
Mienskil Ostovik
I'm not dead yet!

Words: 73916
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2012, 7:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Xaldin Seras on March 26th, 2013, 12:00 am

ugh, that is disappointing. I'll just have to do the bulk of the flashback after 16Av then.
Xaldin Seras
Player

Character sheet

Postby Verilian on March 28th, 2013, 2:51 pm

I am sure Tarot (creator of the Nuit) could give you an explanation as to why this happens, but yeah, that's the rule. You cannot flashback to when you were human and expect to get skills for it. Same goes for a Nuit and a Ghost. Also, you (usually) cannot gain experience by flashbacking to a past life, or through dreams.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Verilian on March 28th, 2013, 2:53 pm

I think it supposed to be something along the lines of, the trauma is so bad when becoming a Nuit (or ghost) that you are only able to retain some of your past skill (50 points+racial, to be precise), but the rest is lost in the jumble of your confused mind.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Next