Flashback Freedom’s Price (Evalin)

Freedom isn’t free. Nor is Freedom really freedom, but another type of enslavement. Though reality is fixed around the perspectives of many, what will Eva learn through the price she pays?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Freedom’s Price (Evalin)

Postby Rayage on February 6th, 2013, 9:24 am

Rayage watched the man slowly, drunkenly, oh so ungracefully get to his feet. When the man spouted threats and stepped towards the nuit Rayage laughed in his face, ”Maybe you could have ten years ago, mortal, but not today, not tomorrow, not ever. Not in the state you are in. Perhaps if you were a little more sober? It’s a shame that an opportunity like this is going to be passed up by the foolish mistake of drinking.” he clicked his tongue and shook his head, arms crossed, he stared at him. The nuit took a couple steps back when he saw the man ball his hand up into a fist. The distance was enough to clear him from immediate danger and watch as the man fell to the floor, ”Pathetic.” he said, casting his judgment on him. He couldn’t believe this was the man that Evalin loved. What did that say about her?

Finally, finally the girl made her entrance. Seeming to choose the moment just right the nuit smiled a rotten smile, decayed teeth and tongue showing, communicating his joy at the situation. It was too good to be true, like something out of a storybook. He almost visibly shivered, but he kept that contained as a twinge of excitement crept up his spine. ”She has come home.” he repeated her words like some mocking bird. Then he kept his silence as all the focus was now on her. He wanted to see what would become of him now. He wanted to see her burn him alive with the magic that she wielded. He wanted to see her do it, to see the last shred of her humanity taken from her by her own hand. He wanted to be there… he wanted to see the transformation himself.

He grinned a Cheshire grin as things were taking a better turn for the old man. He got to see her one last time. He wondered if the father ever expected that his daughter would be the one to burn him alive? At least he assumed her weapon of choice would be reimancy. The questions came more, and grew harsher, and it was then that the witch snapped. The girl called Evalin yelled out to not be touched, and went on and on raging. Her magic floated and flung about her wildly. The dance of flames about the room was as wild as the inner turmoil which brews inside her, if it not be a physical manifestation of it.

Seeing himself in danger the alchemist unceremoniously ran to the door. Flinging it open he stood in the entrance watching, waiting for her to finish him off. Was she too going to perish in her own flames? How ironic would that be? The nuit chuckled to himself. It mattered not if she survived this ordeal, but if she did then she would be his companion. Yes, what a wonderful ceremony! He smiled, but stepped back, out of the doorway as the flames grew and spread and whipped about. Fire and smoke sending sheets or red and black everywhere. It was hard to see and harder yet to hear as the crackling of the burning house drowned out everything in earshot. The nuit frowned and turned around and blandly walked away from the burning structure as if he grew bored of it stopping for only but a moment to notice that his cloak aflame! Quickly he tried stomped it out as if one would stomp on a bug. He did it quite a few times until he was sure the fabric would no longer burn.

It was moments later that Evalin came out, and then as if on cue the house collapsed behind her, the burning rubble finishing the old man if he wasn’t dead by the witches magic… well he was now. ”Well done.” he praised her, walking closer to her, observing the staff she now held, clapping, ”You put on quite the show. Im very proud of you.” he told her, laying on the praise like one would to an animal.

“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Freedom’s Price (Evalin)

Postby Evalin on February 6th, 2013, 11:40 pm

Words were lost, thoughts were muddled, emotions all but shattered beyond possible recognition. A slate broken upon the ground, thus was Evalin's soul as she watched the fires burn and consume what little remained of whom she was before...

Evangeline... With the rise of ash and smoke so went that title that had followed her for many a year. Gone was she now, that pitiable shadow of life that had been the girl that stood now in front of the home. Lost was that child, and with the casting aside of that retched name did Evalin now claim no connection at all to the world of mortals. Yet even so, the girl could not help but notice how little she truly felt...

Was this the purpose of it all... wondered Evalin, To shore away all thought and feeling, and leave behind an empty husk? Truly I see it now how a creature such as he can come to be, for now... now I am truly no better... It was then that something snapped into place, like the falling pieces of a puzzle that began to align her mind into a clear understanding of it all. Evalin's eyes turned on the man as he clapped, yet in them could be seen no emotion, just a stony mask as she gazed empty and uncaring. Yes just as he had wished, she was completed, but was it truly for the better?

"Proud..." she said, looking at Rayage. Furrowing her brow she hissed, "I care not for your praise. It is without meaning, without purpose, and holds no sway over me now." She spoke, hard and cold with eyes as chilled as the frozen tundra. Turing her gaze upon the remains once more Evalin gripped the staff tighter, straightening her back and ignoring the protest of her spirit after the exertion of not long ago, "Do not mistaken me as a fool my Dear Immortal, for I have come to understand much in this experience."

Turning the girl would walk past Rayage, moving in the direction of the lab they had left, not bothering to see if he followed. She knew he would. She was certain he was curious about her, curious what kind of change she had gone through, curious of just what she understood. She spoke softly, never turning as she continued on, "I know of my place now. I have seen that which I must do, and I see in you what I require." She would stop, turing to face Rayage as she said her next words, "You are to me but a tome of knowledge that I might draw from, but like any tome you might be replaced if I find you... inadequate. Now them, teach me your darkness or I shall find another who will."

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Freedom’s Price (Evalin)

Postby Rayage on February 18th, 2013, 2:23 am

The clapping stopped as Rayage listened to Evalins words, the fire burning loudly as wood cracked and the structure became even more and more unrecognizable. It was no longer a house, but a thought or perhaps it was an idol wish of his for the fire to spread to other places as well. He wanted Evalin to see the destruction she was capable of for herself. Though as she finished Rayage looked like he was going to laugh for a second, but then his face grew cold with a new emotion, malice, hate… ”Dear child.” he called her reminding her of her age, ”You speak as if now you have been transformed and have been granted some revelation of sorts. Do not think me as such a fool to take the words of a child so seriously. What is it that you have experienced, what is it that you truly understand now? What has changed? What is different?” he started bombarding her with questions taking an almost menacing step forward stepping closer and closer to her, ”What is your revelation?” he asked

”Do you think now that you can so easily break the shackles of life? Oh no, you are not free yet. Only a fool talks like that to her teacher after he so graciously tried to teach her a lesson. This is just the beginning. You still have much to learn, and no other source to teach you. Who else will take in something like you? A foolish child who thinks she can do what she wants? Bah.” He threw his hands up in the air, ”You sound like a pathetic Orphan now.” he informed her, if she would take a step away from him, he would take a step closer. He would not allow her to retreat. ”I don’t have a mother or a father anymore. I can do what I want, when I want. You there, teach me about true power, or I will find someone else who will.” he tried to do an impression of her voice while saying that, ”The problem is there is no one else in the world like me. You will find no greater teacher. I do not mistake you for a fool, dear. If I had thought you an idiot I would have let you to die from the sickness which was killing you from the inside out.”

”Ignorance means death Evalin.” he told her, ”There is still much which you are ignorant to. You best watch your tongue before you get yourself in a situation which you cannot handle. Your pride is what one day will be your bane.” The girl was now showing him her true colors, and he thought of what an ugly, horrible thing he had fostered. It needed to be corrected, this creature called Evalin. With that said he would take a step back, giving Evalin back her personal space. He watched her sternly, observant eyes looking for the flare in very being. He was playing with fire, he had to be careful, but he also needed to unleash it, to show her the power within herself.

"I do not think you have learned a thing today."

“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Freedom’s Price (Evalin)

Postby Evalin on February 19th, 2013, 9:22 am

Through it all Evalin did not move, she did not speak nor show her truest emotions now imprisoned deep within her dark and callus soul. When he stepped back once more from his ramblings Evalin would straighten, adjusting her robes and leaning upon her staff, a position that, unknowing to her, would become a trademark of sorts.

Evalin smiled a small smile, a mocking smile, "Look now who begs and pleads, offering words to convince me to stay with him. What is it my dear immortal, do you fear to be alone in this endless existence? You have but to ask and I would stand by your side, but you need not show such pathetic attempts at persuasion that do little but show your own weakness."

OOCThis is the shortest post I have ever done. I am sorry!

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Freedom’s Price (Evalin)

Postby Rayage on February 20th, 2013, 8:28 am

oocThat is ok. I think we will end it here. I’ll turn it in after my post

After Evalin spouted her words, the nuit just looked at her coldly. He was, for once, unsure on how exactly to respond. Soon though a grim smile slowly revealed itself to her, the light of the fire casting shadows on his face deeper than any darkness which the girl has seen before. There was a look in his eyes, something was there, but exactly what would be left up to interruption as he turned away from her. He started walking away. He was sure the fire would draw unnecessary attention and he did not want to be found at the scene gawking like a fool.

As he walked away he looked over his shoulder to see if Evalin was coming, ”Come on, girl.” he said, his words defying his own thoughts, his own philosophy…

-End?-

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Freedom’s Price (Evalin)

Postby Cataclysm on April 5th, 2013, 5:11 am

Rayage :
Experience
  • Observation: 3 XP
  • Writing: 1 XP
  • Persuasion: 2 XP
  • Intimidation: 4 XP
  • Hypnotism: 1 XP
  • Teaching: 1 XP

Lore Earned
  • Write that down! Taking notes about others.
  • Understanding the power of a good old fashion talk
  • Choking someone for dramatic effect
  • Take my confidence! (Hypnotism)
  • I made Evalin cry
  • Instigating a premeditated murder
  • Telling someone the you killed the one they loved
  • Watching another lose their way with delight
  • Showing Evalin who is the boss

Evalin :
Experience
  • Meditation: 1 XP
  • Intimidation: 3 XP
  • Reinmancy: 2 XP
  • Observation: 2 XP

Lore Earned
  • The world is against me. It's true!
  • The option to walk away is always there
  • Getting choked for dramatic effect
  • Old ties can choke you
  • Extra confidence makes for extra defiance
  • How overwhelming grief affected a loved one
  • Fighting one's own morality and father
  • My father is proud of me
  • Rayage is a tomb of knowledge

Well done guys was a great thread. Quite a few lines just spoke to while reading to this. Very inspiring indeed.

Safety comes in the oddest forms

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
Free to moderate whenever/whatever. 0 people on the waiting list. My office Extra!
Cataclysm
Beware of tall brush

Words: 22092
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous