Completed [Seasonal Quest] Upon a Star (Open)

Wish I may, wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight? Alvadas soon turns even more chaotic after legendary persons of the city start appearing.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[Seasonal Quest] Upon a Star (Open)

Postby Fallacy on April 16th, 2013, 1:11 am

The mirror flashed, light filling face of the artifact as the young undead hugged it to his chest. Miro would feel power washing over him, light filled the place, and in a flash the monster chewing on Eridanus was gone. Streams of black, shadow like wisps surrounded and soon engulfed. The dark cloud condensed and joined with Miros body. The boy, however, would feel no different. Though in a couple of moments he would feel an awful pain shoot up his arm, almost crippling, making him drop his embrace on the mirror. His whole body felt in agony. Miro should have been more careful when making the wish.

Miro would find that his left arm went limp, unable to move it. It hanged there, dangling there, the muscles no longer responding to Miros command. He would also find that the djed he was controlling would no longer follow his commands. He could not work magic. He would feel drained, mentally tired, and there was the constant presence of pain in the left arm even though he could not move it. The arm itself started to darken, and turned completely black. Miro had absorbed everything bad, twisted, and warped which was within Drysalla, and now found himself at its mercy. Whispers entered his mind, tempting him to kill everyone, to bad things, to feel that it was fun to do bad things. The temptations would not go away, and it would be like that Drysalla’s persona is inside the boy, infecting him, trying to take him over, to dominate…

Eridanus would fall to the cracked dark floor, the pain of the gnawing shocking him out of his temporary trance. He could see into one of the cracks which made up the floor, the light in his eye showing him various locations and people, some looking familiar, some not, places he has seen, some he had not. The wounds burned like fire, sending waves of heat up the Eths body, followed by a cool and shocking chill. Both sensations were accompanied with that of pain, making lifting or even moving the right side of his body extremely painful to the point where it wasnt worth it.

Miro OOC- Your wish, granted :
Miro has lost control of his left arm completely. Miro cannot use projection or the flux with that arm, and his djed pool is cut in half. The black mark is sustaining itself like an infection, absorbing Miros djed and trying to dominate his body. He will hear whispers about people and places he see, usually negative and untrue things. Temptations and negative emotions are almost impossible not to act upon. The whispers will say things like “hate him… don’t trust him… kill him… etc” and make Miro extremely paranoid about meeting new people. The whispers get more intense the more stressed Miro is, and harder to ignore.

Basically Miro absorbed the negative and corrupt leftovers of what was once Drysalla. It proved too much for his body and has started to slowly infect him. The more Miro ignores the negativity building up inside him the smaller the infection will get, but the more djed it will take from Miro. It doesnt want to die or leave and so it will absorb more and more power from the mage. Eventually, if he ignores it long enough he will have no djed to cast with ever, sealing off his magic. Though the more the mark covers, the more of his body he cannot use.

The more his actions 'agree' with what the mark tries to get him to do the more the black will spread, allowing him more access to his Djed pool as it doesnt need to fight so hard to 'stay alive' within him.

The benefits of having the mark is unknown, and so far only is a stain upon Miros very soul.

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Miro on April 16th, 2013, 4:58 am

Miro felt everything he had craved become his. The power, power enough to dominate, confidence in himself, and sweet, sweet satisfaction. And then, no wait, what was this? Something went wrong, so very wrong. The dark tainted essence infused itself onto him, into his body. He gazed down in terror, writhing in pain as the infection darkened his left arm. His mind filled with terror and agony aplenty, and his arm, the pain was immeasurable. It was as if the limb was submerged in a pool of molten rock. His feet stamped and he yelped out screams of murderous pain. It was as if the torture that had killed Drysalla and the Chained One himself was concentrated into the limb. All connection to it was replaced with suffering and torturous pain, and not even the pathways within it could be sensed anymore.

The undead clenched his teeth to try to gain a hold on the pain and quiet the whimpers, and with great focus and effort he was able to. Mirror in hand, he clumsily made his way to his feet, his body shaken with tremors caused by pain. It was so tempting to throw his life down again, double down, all or nothing on the gain of power. How simple it would be to make another wish. Yet he was so weak, had lost so much. With his power weakened it was best to think of self-preservation and not anger the Illusionists. He began to stagger towards Alluvia and moan of displeasure as he moved. "Here Alluvia," he held the mirror out to her, "sorry for snatching it from you. Eridanus was in trouble, and I saw what needed to be done. I had no choice but to act in an instant, to save us. Not just Eridanus, certainly not myself, or even us in the room, but Alvadas itself. My wish worked the first time and saved us from Drysalla, giving Golden Boy her power, so I tried it again, but it held a great cost."

The Reimancer fell to the ground and screamed out in torturous yells from his suffering. It sounded almost as if the undead had been broken down to sobbing. "The tainted creature, it is contained within me, though it feels as if it will destroy me from the inside. I had to make the sacrifice, to save us all. I knew that the prophecy was true, but the heroes were not the one's gifted by the Elementals. They were us four, and I knew that without my sacrifice we were doomed to perish. I could not let Alvadas fall to darkness, even if it means that I am doomed to bear all the dark of it by myself. I want to be a hero, but, oh gods. Oh...Krysus, it is unbearable. It hurts! It..it hurts so much. So, so, so, so, so very muuuuuch."

He collapsed back to the floor and writhed further in pain. The pain was present, though it did not quite spike. But he needed them to know the sacrifice he had made for them. There was no denying it, he was the greatest hero Alvadas had ever seen. "I just wanted to be a hero! P-Please help me! Somebody, please...Eridanus, Alluvia, Golden Boy, please, oh please, help. The pain, it is almost unbearable. There must be something you can do. I-I-I..." But he could not say the words. Truly there was one thing that caused him awful wrenching heartache inside of him. The thing that tormented him mist was that he had messed up so badly. His chance at power, his great score, thrown away. He was only now but a "hero". All of his years of discipline, keeping his body unsullied, all of his care was ripped away. His body was now defiled and tainted, cursed after he had come so far. But how much of it was his fault when those damn urges would see no other end but to take the wish? Truly there could be no other outcome as Lhex had written it.

Miro let out a thunderous yell to release the pains within him. His mind would not silence itself, and its words clawed deep into his brain. Finally he found the strength to spit the worst of his pains out in a roar. "I...I CAN'T FEEL MAGIC WITHIN ME ANYMORE!" And as if declaring his pain had aroused the beast within him, its dark haunting whispers began to call out sharply within his mind. "Kill them all! Make them all suffer as you are now. I promise, you will feel SO much better. Drag your claws across their faces, strip away their beauty as you have had yours. Dig your teeth into their necks and tear their throats out. It is okay, it feels good to hurt! You will feel less alone when the world shares your pain and suffering. Truly they do not understand, so help them to learn. Especially that Eridanus, he is the worst! The way he looked at you, it is obvious he wishes to take your head. Kill before you yourself are killed. It is the only way to feel better."

All of it was so loud in his head, so hard to ignore, yet, he was capable of resisting. This whispers were not like that of Uldr's blessing, but more so like sweet whispers. Though, he had never known sweet whispers to come in a form so blatant and unappealing. What it offered could hardly be defined a sweet. The wizard gathered up his dignity and held his chin high. He spoke with a confident authority to those in the room. "I am sorry, I lost composure there. My arm, it has gone lame due to the taint, along with other effects. I can feel all of her pain and madness within me, but I can resist her. The only thing that matters now is the safety of Alvadas. And that I am a revered hero. So Golden Boy, won't you do it now? Return Alvadas to us so that we might set foot in our beloved city once more!"
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eridanus on April 16th, 2013, 3:10 pm

The ethaefal was lost in a world of sensation, the assault of emotions, sights and senses on planes even higher than he can comprehend smashing his mind and soul relentlessly. If not for a distant call of his name he would never have recovered, but it was too late anyway. With a gasp, he was snatched up by the creature that was Drysalla. It all happened in slow motion for some reason, though the cliche of life flashing by his eyes did not happen. What did happen was everything so clearly in front of him. He could see every teeth, every hair, every uneven protrusion upon the tentacle. He could even see Miro's intentions as the boy steadied himself, the telltale particles of djed floating around the remnant of his aura concentrating around him to give him that boost of power. Eridanus already knew what he was going to do.

It was like his sight and senses were in overdrive. Impending death tended to do special things to people, and for him his already formidable observational skills became boosted several-fold, even adding instant logic and implicational understanding to him. The scholar laughed inwardly, his body unable to do anything as it was being chewed on by the creature. So much pain blossomed within him that his body could not even comprehend it. Instead, the pain center in his body simply became numb after shocking his mind with several spikes of white-hot distractions, elevating his senses further somehow.

Eridanus became aware of everything happening in the room. He saw - no, he felt what was happening, what everyone was intending to do, what everyone might do, simply from their posture or the muscles clenched within different parts of their body. It was a simple matter of cause-and-effect. He did not see, per se, since his physical senses was in a sort of trauma, blinded and hampered by the pain wracking throughout his body.

Then, Miro made that fateful wish, and the creature disappeared. The wounds, however, did not. As Eridanus landed unceremoniously on the floor from the open space, his body attempted to strike an acrobatic posture to recover as per his reflexes, but he failed. His body did not obey his mind. The inevitable impact with the ground came, and a hoarse scream left his mouth. His throat was dry, there was not much voice left to scream. Yet he had to, if only to expel the pain that was now throbbing throughout with it.

The numbness disappeared, with his mind recognizing that death was no longer immediate. His heightened senses dulled, yet would remain higher than normal. Near-death experiences usually did things to people, and maybe this was the thing that it did to Eridanus. This matter was not of his concern, for he could not decide if he should moan, groan, scream, roll about, or faint.

"H-help," He croaked, his vision blurring and blanking out for several short moments before the pain struck him back to reality.

Miro's plight and his words, of course, were not of an immediate concern to the ethaefal who was busy trying to not fall unconscious until he reached confirmed safe quarters. The battlefield, even if devoid of the one enemy plaguing Alvadas, did not qualify as 'safe quarters' to him. And so the only thing keeping him awake was iron-clad discipline.

Strangely, a thought came to his mind, and he tried to look around the room without moving his head too much.

Verlyna, where is she? I promised her...

A tear rolled from his eyes as yet another wave of pain throbbed throughout his body, or more specifically coming from his right torso. He whimpered.

Priskil... you... i... we must save Verlyna. She has redeemed herself at the last hour, I cannot allow her to-

His eyes twitched about desperately, trying to find the hypnotist's fallen form from where Drysalla had fended her off, focusing all his thoughts into this to distract him from his own body. To distract himself from his own suffering.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Fallacy on April 16th, 2013, 4:40 pm

Both Ron and Alluvia watched Miros tantrum and writhe in agony. The Triad felt for him, but she took the mirror looking at Ron, nodding at Miros advice. The last thing they needed to do was restore Alvadas back to its former self, and now without the influence of Drysalla perhaps the illusions could sort themselves out. Though they were not ready to wait that long…

32 Winter, 511 AV

Within a couple of days the ‘normality’ of Alvadas returned to itself. Today the streets were filled with the ruckus and emotion of celebration. It was a festival to rival that of the Festival of Illusions. Food was a plenty and the abstract sights were abundant, if not more unusual for everyone within the city. Alvadas actually felt happy and today they celebrated the “Heros of Alvadas” the ones dubbed by the Triad who fought the illusions side by side to save the city itself.

Everyone surrounded a slight raised platform in the center of the Bizarre, all looking at the two heros present with the current Triad. The faces shown with supreme appreciation and apathy as the heros did not get out unscathed, there were wounds which have yet to heal, and even with the medical attention the two had received on the behalf of the Triad there was hardly anything they could do about Miros arm, or Eris wounds. They both were magical in nature, and an unknown darkness seemed to take root in both of them…

However that was to worry about for later times. This was a time for celebration and happiness. The Triad stood alongside the heros, Alluvia stepping forward and smiling wholly at the crowd, ”Alvadas.” she started, addressing the city as a whole, people and the illusions which resided within, ”The nightmare is over.” with those words the crowd cheered and applauded. She went on, giving quite the speech before she turned and looked at the heros. ”However, none of this would have been possible without the help of Eridanus, or Miro. They were the real heros there, and it is they who bear the wounds of battle, not all of which are purely physical.” she explained, ”Let us name this day in their honor.” she announced, ”Let us celebrate their sacrifice and heroism. Let us give them a day they truly will not forget.” With that the festivities went on. Children flooded the stage after the Triad left, and they looked at both Eridanus and Miro with a wonder-like awe on their face. Their faces curious as to Miros arm which hadn’t moved, in fact he had been giving a sling to put it in. curious fingers poked at it, before the children were satisfied. Today the heros were thanked with many hugs from random children, questions, and pure respect. They ate great food, food prepared by Alluvia herself and the chiefs under her, and saw great illusions, those produced by Ron himself.

Eventually Eridanus would be compelled to leave the majority of the group and wander off on his own. He would feel a strange sensation come over him, and his legs moved and he seemed almost in a trance state. When he would wake the warrior would find himself at the edge of Verlynas Emerald Pond. In the waters he would see himself reflected alone, but a hand fell upon his shoulder, ”Eridanus.” the voice whispered both aloud, his name ringing inside his head. ”You saved me, and sacrificed so much for the city.” the voice seemed to say it in a bittersweet tone.

If the warrior would turn around he would see the form of the legendary hypnotist, Verlyna. Though she didn’t look as whole as had been. Her form was faded and see through almost like that of a ghosts. She smiled at him before hugging him lightly, being careful of his still healing wound, ”You were so brave.” she said, ”You remind me of Aceren.” her voice was shaky, ”I have come to terms with my death and new life, and Im now at peace.” she broke the hug and took a couple steps back, ”The Mirror no longer can hold me, and so Im disappearing again. Again…”

”I don’t want to be forgotten though.” her eyes had a silent desperation about them as she looked at him, ”I just wanted to… give you one last gift. Something for the brave hero of Alvadas, something to remember me by before I disappear for good this time.” she said before coming closer and kissing him.

Deep within the Underground, the Triad sat in their room. The triangular room outlined by the chairs of the three, the three leaders of the city all present, but Alluvia was the only one to speak. ”Thank you for coming, the both of you.” she said, ”The wish granting mirror has been put in a much more secure location, and Alvadas is once more at peace.” she nodded, ”You two are true heros, and even paid the heros sacrifice.” her tone was sad, ”but we would like to reward you for your service to Alvadas, even if the Elementals don’t think you deserve a reward.” the fact about the elementals obvious by the way their ‘gifted’ artifacts disappeared on the both of the ‘heros’.

”Eridanus, you wounds will heal nicely, but not completely.” Alluvia reported, ”Even our most skilled healers… Im sad to say that your mobility in the left side of your body may never return. There is something else besides the physical wound there. A kind of taint. We believe that it is the same darkness which inhabits Miro’s arm.” she looked down at the man seeing a new addition added to his attire, a rather large crystal strung in silver, but she did not inquire about it. The crystal had been one of many things which Verlyna had ‘gifted’ to Eridanus when the man visited her at the pool.

Though a smile returned to her face once more, ”You both have done an amazing service to Alvadas, and so we would like to repay you.” she nodded, ”So you may choose one a gift from one of us. I will give you an item which I think will help you.”

Madam Shylock spoke up, ”I will pay you for your services.”

Ron grinned, ”And I will give you something random.” he chimed in.

”You may only choose one.” Alluvia told them.

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Miro on April 16th, 2013, 9:13 pm

Alvadas had returned back to normal, and all was good. Not great, but good. Miro was getting the heroes treatment, and that was a welcome change. Not much could be done in the way of healing, though they did try. A couple days had passed and it was decided there would be a celebration in their honor. And to think, so many had joined in their plight, yet only two heroes would be named. The golden boy and Alluvia had decided it best to stray from being praised, but that was fine. More for him he told himself. The festival was marvelous, the largest and most joyous he had ever seen. The hero found himself on a raised platform, not quite alone, but with all eyes on him. He waved out to all with kindness on his face, so excited to have the praise and cheers directed at him.

However, in his mind, the darkness still whispered hatred. "These people do not care about you. Your sacrifices, for these people? Look at them, none of them truly care for you. All of them pointing at you and snickering to their friends. Laughing at your scars, like some animal on display." The remarks made the wizard self-conscious about his wound, though he did nothing to stop the small children from prodding at it. "Snap their little fingers! Do not allow them to touch you, giggle at your misery. If they think it so funny, tear their arm from socket so they might know your pain!" But he would ignore those pleas. He knew far better than to listen to it and turn love to scorn. "In a few days, none of them will even remember your name. You will be left with no gratitude, only me. So, since we are stuck together from now on, why not embrace me? Do things the way I say, I promise, I will be truly grateful." Then Drysalla's cackle reverberated in his mind over and over.

The undead needed not listen to a crazed existence in his head. Wizards were taught to ignore such things. He could tune out the voice well enough to continue to show Alvadas he was happy to be their hero. Beneath his robe he had produced Res. After waving and jumping around, cheering to his fans, he raised a fist into the air. A shot of Res flew upwards, an orb that hovered far above the heads of the crowd. He transmuted the outer layers of it to become fire, a blazing sun, and move about. "Burn them..." The voice chanted in his mind. Slowly as he maneuvered it, the mass hovered closer to their heads, but still resisted the temptation. None would feel more than a slight bit of discomfort due to its seemingly dangerous presence. What was Alvadas without a bit of danger and excitement after all? And after a while it faded and the people as well spread out to enjoy the merriment of the city.

Miro was to now meet the Triad in their, for lack of a better word, base. He was thanked and informed of the city's safety before they moved onto truly thanking them. Alluvia said how they were heroes, and even if the Elementals didn't believe in them, they did. How he had suffered, risked everything, and now would be compensated. The old sly looking lady offered payment in the form of gold. The golden boy kept his secret gift hidden, something at random. Alluvia offered him an item she thought would help him. Payment was nice, random was risky, and he had taken enough risks as is. Alluvia was sound of mind, and quite a reasonable woman. The wizard trusted her gift the most. She was the one he would choose, and quickly too, before Eridanus would have a chance to take her from him.

The Reimancer beckoned the priestess to him with his finger as he walked towards her. He wrapped his good arm about her shoulders and pulled her to the side so that she might walk with him a distance. His voice was once again enchanted with Djed to work hypnotic effects into her mind. First an emotional response of gratitude. "So, Alluvia, I was thinking I might suggest something to you." He smiled graciously and prepared another emotional response, one of generosity. "I got messed up pretty bad there, armorless, defenseless really. Never again do I want that to happen." He sighed and finally issued suggestions in the form of words spoken. "A gift of armor would be best. If you are willing to take suggestions that is. The finest armor in Alvadas, so that I might never be slain in battle again. Before you arrived, I was indeed killed by Drysalla." He smirked pleasantly at her hoping she might satisfy his request. "Please, I know it is a bit much to ask, but, if it is within your power...A hero deserves armor able to protect his body. Especially one as fragile as me." The wizard gestured down to the sling and his arm with a nod.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eridanus on April 17th, 2013, 7:55 am

Within the next few days Eridanus spent his time together with Miro recuperating in a special ward in the Ionu's Mercy, both of them flitting in and out of conciousness as a team of medical experts worked on them tirelessly day and night, applying a potent combination of divine magic and mundane surgery and medicine in a bid to fix their horrendous wounds. Though Miro's arm never got better, Eri's right side did not regain the full vitality it had before the embarkation of the quest. As a warrior, that only riled him further at the reduced ability of his primary arm, and he had stubborn spent his waking moments doing everything with his left hand. Having meals, washing up, even gesturing, it was all a childish but desperate attempt to compensate the penalty he paid for saving Alvadas. It would also be one of the motivating factors for him to pursue a more scholarly and intellectual path in the future.

---

On the day of the festival he managed to regain some level of his free-spirited nature that was present before the quest. Of course, being in his vantha form helped due to the core personality of his mortal being, and being free from the constantly analyzing and morose celestial shell helped a lot to distract himself from his depression. The crowd's appreciation helped to uplift his spirits somewhat, and he threw himself wholly in the role of the celebrated hero, perhaps more so than normal but this out-of-character personality was what would help him to ease himself through the price he paid. He could tell Miro was under the same downer as him for he did not even have the use of his entire arm at the moment, but both of them remained silent about this, respecting each other's strength to persevere and overcome. It would be their own, personal battles to fight.

---

Then a strange trance overtook him, and he found himself at the pool. Hearing a voice behind him, he instantly knew who it was, turning around to see the faded form of the legendary hypnotist. There was a mixed emotion evident in his face, glad that she made it out but crestfallen in that it would not last. The scholar was not usually an emotional person, but being in the presence of such a powerful hypnotist caused her wide range of emotions to tinge in her aura that intermingled with his in such proximity, and he smield silently, sadly at her words.

"You will not be forgotten-" He began, raising his hands to touch her as she turned away from him to walk towards the pond. But his hands passed through her as she dissipated into the pool, and his left arm hung there limply in the air, purposeless and directionless.

"-you will live forever, Verlyna of Alvadas, legendary hypnotist, redeemed savior of Alvadas and our brave lady who chose to fight against the odds," He ended with a whisper, balling his fists in an oddly tense manner.

As long as I keep the memories of you and your bravery fiercely in my heart.

A brief toss of the head to give a final, sentimental glance at the pond before the warrior marched uncharacteristically stiffly out of the area.

And so with this last loose end closed up the chapter of this epic journey would come to a close, if only for one last epilogue.

---

At the room of the Triad, Eridanus was oddly silent, still pondering over the incident with Verlyna. He had been too self-absorbed to realize any changes that happened upon his being at the moment, and so did not even notice the crystal that Alluvia did. At her remark of the elementals he had given an audible sigh, for he had quite liked the boots that the air elemental had gifted - no, loaned, in this case - to him. He had always been in chains, literally at times and figuratively in others - and it felt free to wrest the shackles of gravity from reality, granting the freedom of form that was the physical representation - no, expression - of the freedom of mind.

Unlike Miro's pragmatic answer, he thought about what he wanted. Honestly, he was not lured to Alvadas because of the claim of him being the prophesized one, or of thoughts of reward, or of becoming an acclaimed hero. After contemplating deeply, he realized that he was lured by the same single premise that brought him all over the world. The same premise that made him leave Sahova, that caused him to wander aimlessly, that caused him to respond to the call of the Suvan Sea's priestess at the risk of Laviku's wrath, and now that brought him to Alvadas. It was the lure of adventure. It was the thrill of experience, and of the chance to explore, witness and understand something new... the accumulation of memories and wisdom. And thus at its conclusion, he realized what he wanted.

The vantha's thought process all lined up clearly, Eridanus gave a wry grin and shrugged his shoulders, replying drily, "Even though Ron McFakeName van der Golden Cooking Smith gave me quite an... interesting 'experience' before, but what the heck. I like you, Ron. I choose you."

Even though he was given quite a big headache and mental incapacitation by the golden boy's unintended (may be intended though, who knows) psychic assault, he had experienced things on planes and levels that he did not know existed. With Shylock and Alluvia lay fixed, boring things. With this boy, beckoned the unknown, the infinite possibilities and the utter joy of chaotic randomness. That was the gist of what he could grasp from the torrent of sensations he experienced.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Fallacy on April 17th, 2013, 9:03 am

Alliuvia smiled at Miro as she was brought aside. She wasn’t too thrilled about being treated the way she was, over familiar, but she didn’t say a thing. Instead she nodded and listened intently, the small smile on her lips pursing as she understood what the mage was asking for. Honestly she felt horrible that she couldn’t do anything more to help them, and the suggestion of armor, well that was quite a good suggestion. ”Consider your request granted.” she told Miro before moving away from him and out of the room.

Ron, however, only grinned as his gift was actually chosen, ”You sir, made a good choice.” he said snapping his fingers, before digging through the many pockets on him and producing what seemed like a small egg. The egg looked more like a regular chickens egg, brown, but it was warm to the touch, ”I was hoping to hatch this,” he said with a smile, ’but I think you will have more fun with it.” he said. ”If you don’t like it, well…” he said, ”I could try for something else, but this the creature in this egg could help or hinder you. It all depends on your perception, and how you treat it.” Walking forward egg in hand, ”Or it might not even hatch a creature. Frankly I don’t know what is really in this egg.” he said, half joking. Could something from such a man be accepted? Eridanus was really gambling here, but those who play could really get paid.

Soon Miro too was gifted with Alluvia’s gift: A battle robe. It seemed to be made to fit Miro, but the reality of it was that the robe actually came that way, it’s just nice that Miro it happened to fit Miro so snugly. The robe looked more like a long trench jacket, but it was far heavier than any fabric that he had been given before. ”Isur-made.” or so Alluvia reassured him. Something from her own very wardrobe, red in color it had a blue azure triangle representing Alvadas, Ionu, and the Triad. The triangle wasn’t on just one spot, but it was patterned on it, connecting them, making them look to have an almost 3-D effect. The cloak was blessed by an Isur Smiths Izentor mark as the crafter crafted it, the extent of the properties sought to counterbalance the thoughts and feelings going into Miros own mind. It would become a peaceful feeling of protection and security when the mage would try it on: the feeling of confidence.

Then they were dismissed. Though they both were drawn together by the city as they kept walking by Okana’s Tent. Unbeknownst to them the fortuneteller was waiting for them, and so she finally poked her head out of the tent the third time the duo walked by and smiled at them, ”Come in, come in.” she beckoned them, not taking no for an answer, and apparently the city wouldn’t either. If they’d pass her by again, the city would make them walk past her tent yet again until they both were present.

Once they were present she smiled at them, ”And so history repeats itself.” her eyes fell upon Miros arm and Eri’s chest. ”This is not the first time a wizard has been tainted or cursed like the two of you.” she said even more cryptically. ”The taint upon your beings is not an ordinary sickness.” she announced, ”It has happened before, many years ago… Those who possessed it before died a horrible, tragic death, though your future will be dependent on the actions you take right now. Is it not funny how Fate itself decides life or death based on the now? Or perhaps it already is set in stone.”

XP Award!

Name:Eridanus
XP Award:
  • Flux- 2
  • Auristics- 2
  • Dual Wield- 3
  • Rhetoric- 3
  • Leadership- 3
  • Tactics- 2
  • Acrobatics- 2
  • Glyphing- 1
Lore:
  • When Golems Attack
  • Meeting Menna
  • Shale
  • Karash
  • History of the Kasai-Dala Mirror
  • Drysalla’s Wish
  • The Mirrors Dark Legacy
  • Okana
  • The Mirror aka The Hope Changing Mirror
  • Mechanics of the Kasai-dala Mirror
  • [Location] The Womiyu
  • [Location] The Sealed Grounds
  • Aura of the Kasai-Dala Mirror
  • The Chained Guardian of the Sealed Grounds
  • Naarvanas
  • Drysalla won Alvadas
  • The Elementals of Alvadas
  • Antar Hypnotized
  • Comforting Verlyna
  • Miros Changed Aura
  • ”Ron’s” Overwhelming Aura
  • Being Mauled by a Monster
  • Saving Alvadas
  • Verlnya’s Repayment
  • Hero of Alvadas
  • Okana’s Warning
Notes:

Auristics Damage- Eye Damage- Anything over 20 feet away from the Ethaefal will become blurry, and hard to focus on. The farther away the object the more blurry and unfocused the object, whatever it is, will come out. Soul Damage- Whenever Eridanus uses Auristics from this point on, his mind will briefly come back and ‘sense’ the aura of “Ron”, and smell sweets and brownies. Eri can work past this, but it will take a bit more concentration and focus to move past the ‘trauma’ of seeing such a powerful aura.

Drysalla Bite- The wounds sustained from Drysalla will heal finely, but the monster left something inside Eridanus preventing him from regaining mobility in the right side of his body. This creature is much like the one present in Miro and prevents the Ethaefal from moving his right arm above his chest. Raising the arm anymore will result in scrutinizing pain. His right leg also feels heavier, and he will walk with a limp.

Verlynas Gift- A diamond wrapped in silver glitters upon an equally silver chain. Verlyna herself once owned the necklace, but gave it to Eridanus. The necklace was at the bottom of Verlyna’s Pond, and so is infused with the hypnotists power. The gift will send waves of comfort and warm feelings to the Ethaefal when he is stressed, down, or otherwise off of his game. It’s meant to be a pillar of strength when the Eth has none, just like when Eridanus helped the hypnotist.

Egg- An unknown egg gifted to Eri by the Triad. It radiates warmth throughout his body, and seems to pulse happily in his hand. It may hatch a creature or something else entirely. The egg seems to leech off the users djed a small almost unnoticeable amount. To hatch the egg it would take at least three threads of handling it, and then a ST modded quest.

+2000 GM

Eridanus your SS has been updated.

Name:Miro
XP Award:
  • Running- 1
  • Flux- 2
  • Meditation- 2
  • Rhetoric- 3
  • Leadership- 3
  • Tactics- 2
  • Hypnotism- 3
Lore:
  • Drysalla’s Power
  • The Colosseum Blown Up
  • The Elementals of Alvadas
  • Fighting Bob
  • Taunting Drysalla
  • Being killed by Drysalla
  • How Drysalla Died
  • Being Reborn as a Chained One
  • Wishing on the Kasai-Dala Mirror
  • Saving Alvadas
  • Hero of Alvadas
  • Okana’s Warning
Notes:

Isur-made Battle Robe enhanced with Izentor 2.

+1000 GM

Miro your SS has been updated.

Wow this was a monster of a thread. I had a lot of fun with it, and although it took a long time to complete and you two are the only ones who made it all the way through. So you deserve a little extra reward. I gave you all gold for seeing this to the end. Miro you got less because you stopped half-way though only to rejoin at the very end, but you still got some.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook

Previous