Completed [Seasonal Quest] Upon a Star (Open)

Wish I may, wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight? Alvadas soon turns even more chaotic after legendary persons of the city start appearing.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[Seasonal Quest] Upon a Star (Open)

Postby Miro on August 3rd, 2012, 11:22 pm

Miro turned away from the window to gaze back across the room. The people he did not know twisted his stomach into a knot. Of them not one seemed more capable than himself. Perhaps there was a gem among them, but he doubted it. Of all the people in the city, Miro was paired with this group. Surely Shale and Alluvia were capable of something, however he highly doubted the rest.

An average looking man, a Konti woman, and most promising of all, a halfling. The disappointed boy let out a sigh, treading gradually towards Alluvia. He wanted to get a look at this mirror. An artifact of great importance, one coveted by that woman. Miro knew she was capable of wiping them out in an instant, somehow even able to surpass even the scope of Yasminy and Yagame. Whatever was to happen would be dangerous. It was Miro's fear that few, if any would escape with their lives.

As Miro came close, the lovely woman draped in ever changing garments asked them to take a seat. He was happy to oblige, taking a quick look at the plain mirror. It would be nice to enjoy resting one last time before the bloodbath. The most capable looking of them had apparently failed, however Miro was no better. He too was a complete failure.

"No, it is not over. There has been no failure yet. It was foretold, we will be victorious!" Miro would not follow the group, rather the cause. Drysalla was impossibly strong, but that would not cause Miro to back down. No, rather he would stand tall, offer his life to destroy her. For every fear and discouraging statement there was an opposing statement of hope. They had all they needed. The Kasai-Dala Mirror, as long it was in Alluvia's hand they could win.

This item, this mirror, it made her what she is now. If allowed to use it once again, surely even the gods would struggle against her. All the boy could do is think. "This item, could it tip the scales? Did Alluvia have a plan? Perhaps it is already in effect. Things in Alvadas are never as they seem. It is possible a wish has been made in our favor. I will play my part, and play it perfectly."

Alluvia explained they were to face not only Drysalla, but also Verlyna, who's charms were legend. As well as Andres Towers, the lackluster animator. On the resisting force's side were the elementals, things of only legend, or so Miro thought. Before Miro could read into it, the cabin around them faded away, causing him to fall on the floor. "Ouch. Is this why you told us to take a seat?"

Trembling in the earth below could be felt, as if an earthquake had started along with Alluvia's incantation. She called out, beaconing the arrival of the elements. Miro's eyes grew large. From the rumbling came a mountainous form and a voice. It called out to Miro, shaking him to his core. The startled boy found his way to his knees, bowing before the tower of risen ground. He drew a breath in deep, preparing to boom his voice back against the terrifying presence.

"I thank you, Prithvi! Your gift shall be taken with great pride, and used with great care. Like the earth below my feet, I will carry the weight of my comrades." Miro stood now, taking the gauntlet from the pillar to his left and examining the it before it was secured on his left hand. He sat by, one by one each of the elements arriving and gifting power to their champion. His heart swelled with pride, his confidence became absolute, abolishing all fear.

Miro now directed his gaze at his allies and prepared his voice once more. "Let it be known...I will be the one to challenge Drysalla. I have challenged her before and lived, by our illusion father's mercy, that is. I shall serve Ionu's will, though twisted and mysterious it may be. It is our time to fight, to become legends ourselves." He could feel the magic in the gauntlet, and as if made for him, it fit perfectly. "That Alluvia, I have yet to see somebody carry such presence, and at such a young age. If anybody could lead us to victory, it is her, and I will gladly follow."
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eridanus on August 7th, 2012, 6:44 am

It was unfortunate, for there seemed to be only four of them left, barring Alluvia and her subordinates. He had been told in no indirect terms that he had failed, and he hung his head in shame. It had been a difficult journey, and he had regretted not rushing through at a faster pace. Part of him blamed Drysalla for interrupting them in the crypt then, and if she had not he might have cleared the Red Room that he was in.

Fortunately, his failure was balanced by Alluvia's success, and if the elementals were as powerful as she claimed there might be hope after all.

The air around them blurred, and suddenly they were in the plains overlooking the giant castle. One by one, the elementals appeared, and the son of Leth did not even need to use Auristics to feel the power of their presence. Their auras were prominent enough to shake him to his very bones, and for once he understood what unfanthomable power really was.

Eridanus was quite relieved the elementals were on their side.

"I thank you for your gift, O Master of the Air Vayu," He accepted his gift gracefully, catching it as he fastened the steel greaves over his cloth shoes.

The rest of the elementals disappeared as they granted each other their gifts, and Eridanus noted them all carefully, so as to help in strategizing later. As far as he knew, his gift had the least offensive capability, but the most powerful in terms of mobility. That signified that he was meant to be in a scouting role, or at least a non-combative purpose in the fight. Bob had the most obvious offensive artifact, followed by Miro, and so it was pretty obvious that they would be the main damage dealers.

"We need to get across into the castle, and we have several options."

Nodding to the konti songstress, a powerful reimancer that he met in a certain location high up in the sky many years ago, he said, "She could build us a bridge of earth..."

As he gazed upon Miro, his eyes widened when he realized that this was the same boy that created that ice bridge in the same location up in the sky.

"Miro! You were there too, weren't you? You and Kamalia could build up an earth bridge with your combined expertise, and your artifact to strengthen the bridge accordingly."

"If not," He shrugged, "I could exploit my new-found mobility and attempt to find a switch to lower the drawbridge on the other side. What would it be?"
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Bob Barton on August 8th, 2012, 11:16 pm

Oh look, seats. Like Bob did not have enough rest on the bed already to the point that he woke up weak. It could easily have been days, seasons or years that he could not keep count of how long he was out. While Bob did not have the opportunity to get his mission from the rather well informed man of Alvadas he met, he was still quite happy that the stupid ethaefal failed. He deserved it in any case. That monster had a power complex and allowing him to get anymore would spell danger for everyone else. He very well could be the next Drysalla in a few seasons time. Hopefully there would be someone around to stop him sooner than later.

Or they would end up in a situation like this. Bob may have the perfect solution but no one seemed to bother with it so he wanted to remind them again about using the mirror to get rid of Drysalla and her followers or at least make them powerless so it is easier to overthrow them in case his earlier attempts in giving a simple illustration was lost on them. Before he could do that however the Elementals appeared. Bob was expecting some sort of strong mercenary group or some powerful band of mages that will jump into the fight and destroy all their enemies but he did not expect them to be actual personification of...elements... He was struck by the power they radiated that he tried to take a seat but fell on to the ground since they were no longer in the cabin.

He was even more surprised when the Elemental of Fire, Agni actually knew his name if no one could tell the difference between the previous expression of surprise. Unlike the other two kiss ups that was the smug boy and the horrible ethaefal Bob did not give any over the top words of thanks and promises. Just a simple "thanks" and a nod as a form of respect as he would to some of the professors who have proven themselves in some way to him back in Zeltiva even if he did not like his gift too much. A slingshot? That was a kid's weapon and it was so limited to a tiny projectile reimancy instead of something new and special. The others barring Miro's that will allow him to "carry the party's weight" which got a sarcastic comment that "there's not much weight to carry here" with him, a konti and a dumb eth that can walk on airs was way better.

What sort of a person would not want to fly or turn into water? Not Bob! He was eyeing the greaves and the amulet after the elementals left asking whether they would "want to trade?" He did note the warning that Eridanus got though but that still did not make his less appealing. Perhaps he can plot the ethaefal's well deserved death with it and make the item his own after. Yes there will be a chance to cause him to abuse the power after and then... "heh..." die. And he would not have to wait long.

Because he heard the plans and heard them well. Miro's was stupid especially when it was from a privileged brat trying to take charge. Unlike him Bob knew the best way to get people to do things is to do use them against themselves. While Bob would have liked Miro to go on a suicide run so that he can take Drysalla by surprise, they were only four and it would be risky to lose anyone. In a quick move of stopping Miro from taking charge and putting him in his place Bob posed a question that "you challenged her before? Then why is she still a problem?" The answer for that was "because you failed." He was not like Alluvia. No one in their right mind would follow him readily unless he "just stick to your role. Do your boast. Keep us safe and don't give our enemies a chance to make their stand" literally and figuratively.

And was he happy when he got to Eridanus. First he had to shoot his idea down for more or less the same reasons as Miro. "You want the both of them to make a bridge?!?" Bob knew reimancy too so he knew that "the amount of effort and res to sustain one over the hot lava would drain them!" The fool. "And you boast that you are a scholar?" Ahhhh, that felt pretty good. Tinted with sarcasm but ever so true he repeated the ethaefal's own words that "you go use your mobility then. Better one than two people made weaker." Better yet if he accepted the proposition that "we'll go to the front and get any watchers attention. You walk over the lava round the fort and sneak in." Either way if Eridanus drops into the lava when he runs out of djed or succeeds, Bob will still benefit.

"What do you think?" he asked the konti. Hopefully unlike the other two she will be a lot smarter and does not want to play who has the bigger dick in the group. Bob was looking at the end result and another one on his side would actually help. In fact if she was like him, objective minded and explained "any other better ideas we can follow?" instead of the other two he will be quite prepared to follow it.

Especially when he doubted his efforts when he utilized a little hypnotism on Miro and Eridanus. As soon as Miro finished his little speech, Bob was accumulating his djed and lucky Eridanus talked a whole lot after that to give him his time. Bob looked lost in thought processing what they were saying which was only half true. He was also concentrating to bring djed to his mouth while preparing all his words after. Staying in him as he begun speaking and only being used in Bob's select words for the ones his words were to prove wrong so that they would be more effective. Bla bla bla role boast safe chance bla bla bla for Miro. Bla bla bla mobility one two round sneak bla bla bla for Eridanus. The end of each sentence gave the suggestion that what Bob said are actually good ideas and true so they should follow it as soon as they heard it and the djed had a chance to do its work in their minds giving them a little intelligence.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Miro on August 13th, 2012, 4:55 am

What a pain this group had turned out to be. A rather passive Konti, an overly eager horned man, and the most annoying creature on two legs. The horny man seemed dim-witted, while the little man made a joke of their situation. He seemed to understand well enough, or at least better than the other man. His wit was much sharper, almost sounding competent. At the very least, it saved Miro the trouble of having to explain. The situation looked grim. Something had to give or this group would only lead him to death. He directed his attention to the small man.

"That is a divine gift, little child-man. Do not forsake a gift bestowed by something greater than you will ever be. If you do not prove yourself worthy, you may find it falling into the hands of somebody better suited. All of us should know, this situation is dire. I fought her before, and yes, I failed. You do nothing more than jest and treat this as if it were a game. I however wish to see my friends and home returned safely. None of us can be sure what is to come, or if we even will come back alive. All I know is we don't stand a chance without a plan."

Miro walked near Alluvia, looking her dead in the eyes. "Are you doing okay? Your ability, I have seen it before. It comes from Ionu and Alvadas, does it not? To influence illusions, like that of the underground, correct? If you were able to conjure tea and a room to shelter us, could a bridge also be forged?" He was unsure if it was his place to ask, but he could not make one himself, even if it was his will. A bridge made of ice would be unstable and melt by the heat of lava. How the man even knew his ability to do so was beyond Miro. He hardly recognized the man at all.

"I am scared to proceed, being honest, but the responsibility is ours. We all are responsible for failing to protect the city. That ends here. We need to band together and find a way to turn the tables. The Kasai-Dala Mirror, I expect it is our edge in this fight. Explain what we are to do, then let us get this over with. It is hard for me, but I am trusting my life in the hands of our group. I think we can all agree, this nightmare has to end." Sweat covered the boy's body, but he stood tall. He said what he felt was necessary, and was satisfied. Nothing more could be done now but to play his part.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallacy on August 17th, 2012, 12:41 am

Alluvia waited for something to be done about the current situation. Nodding, ’We are not getting anywhere just talking like this.” she frowned as she walked to the edge of the lava. It boiled and bubbled, its heat could be easily felt even feet away from them. ”The little man is right.” she said turning her back to them, ”That is a horrible idea, Eridanus.” she laughed a little, ’But its going in the right direction, forward, which doesn’t seem to be where everyone’s mind is.” She commented on the light hearted nature of the group and their inability to really impress her.

”Please stand back,” she motioned them away, ”And don’t distract me. I shall make us our bridge.” she said. The youngest member of the Triad was an illusionist after all, how hard could it be to alter illusions, especially at the rank she was at, yet alone add something to the environment. It would be a simple matter, just have to shape the illusion in the mind, and not too much detail… keep it simple. She smiled as she mentally envisioned and willed into a being a bridge that she was quite fond of, one that always used to appear to her within Alvadas. She had walked it many times, and it was the source of many good memoires. Her hands… she could feel the texture of arching stone bride, but then she realized it probably wasn’t long enough to reach the entire way. No matter, she had the basic model of what she was after, now it was time to edit it a bit.

As the leader willed, slowly a bridge started to construct itself, the structure appearing piece by piece. In fact, it wasn’t one bridge, but many of them lined up. The bridge itself was arched, and was rather steep, but not too steep to be dangerous. When she had a clear picture of what she was after, the stones set themselves in place one after another. In total there were about three of her bridges spanning the length of the lava, each one having an iconic hump, making it seem almost snake-like.

”There is your bridge.” she said, and with a brave first step she was first on it. Though she only took a step on it, ”See? Solid.” she said keeping her sentences short for the concentration needed to maintain the bridge, and keep it from melting from the lava was great. ”Hurry hurry.” she said, hoping to rush them across. The fact is, she wasn’t used to holding this kind of illusion and therefor found it more difficult. One mistake could mean the end of them and the bridge itself.

As if seeing the possible intrusion, the black iron gates opened up, rising with an ominous squeaking noise that in other situation would be found humorous. It was then soldiers marched forward, not just any people either. Their uniform was azure, and the sigil painted upon it was a finger raised in the hushing position, they were the part of the feared silencers and they were defending the castle. All in all there were about six of them. They marched in a neat and carefully constructed row of five. One man led the troop, marching in front, centered on the bridge. The main force behind him filled up the bridge from one side to the next. All of them seemed to be wearing strange masks. Though when the leader spoke, his voice came through loud and clear.

’Be gone from here, Alluvia of the Triad. You are lucky to have survived; I can assure you that you won’t if you proceed any further.” he called out, ”Alvadas is under new rule now. You are powerless.” The silencer drew his sword slowly, an old Flamberge glistened in the sun. It screamed of death, ”If you do not fall back then all of you will perish.” he said looking over the crowd.

”You threaten me?” she laughed, ”It would be a little wiser if your party wasn’t standing on a bridge made by my Illusions.” she pointed out, letting go of the concentration and allowing the bridge to fade into nothing once more. Though when she released it… nothing happened. She looked more than surprised that she couldn’t dispel her own illusion.

The commander took a couple steps forward, ”I am Raiza Torrain one of the High Hands of the Silencers.” he introduced himself to those who didn’t know, who should, ”And all threats against the New Alvadas will be Silenced.”

With those words the five behind Raiza leapt into action, breaking rank and running across the bridge. The five of them moved with speeds faster than any human could hope to manage. They are the Silencers, the shadows of Alvadas trained to take out anything which might be deemed unredeemable, and the group before them… Well, they were unredeemable.

Raiza himself calmly walked the bridge as if admiring its integrity. Alluvia stepped back, the five rushed past her. The five were ordered not to take her, but deal with the group which followed her. Raiza, well, he was a greedy person, renowned in whispers for the mess he makes when he silences the damned himself. This greed, well, he wanted Alluvia all for himself. He hungered to see her blood run down his sword.

Alluvia however had other ideas. She had gone too far to die here and now. She needed to restore Alvadas, and that is exactly what she was going to do. Standing straight and tall she looked the High Hand in the eyes, ”I order you to stop.” she said, but he kept on advancing, ”I, Alluvia of the Triad, commander of the Silencers order you to stop.” she said again more forcefully. He kept on walking, blade out.

”I sentence you to death.” was the only comment he made before lunging at her, but he stopped mid-attack and jumped back just in time for a brick to fall right in front of his face. That would have killed him for sure if it would have hit. When it came in contact with the stone bridge it shattered into many pieces, leaving a nice spider webbed mark in the bridge as well. Alluvia could keep him at bay, but he only grinned at the challenge.

OOC :
Who is ready for some action? I know I am! These silencers a little different from the rest as they all use Flux and some weapon skill among other things ;)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Fallacy on August 18th, 2012, 1:02 am

Antar

Drysalla was visibly shaking with rage. Her face was contorted with emotion and her teeth bared like some wild animal, ”How dare you.” her words were spat with anger, no, not anger but rage, pure rage, ”How dare you.” she repeated as if she couldn’t comprehend what she had just heard. The thought was unbearable, ”How dare you,” she stuttered, pointing a finger at Anatar, ”I am no common bar wench who you can bed for the night for a tip.” she said her voice sounding slightly defeated, ”I am Drysalla, the most beautiful.” she said, ”That was my wish, and it was fulfilled.” she sighed, ”But you men, all the same.” she yelled, remembering the past and how everyone looked at her in that way, ”all the same… no good. Never again.” her thoughts were racing in her head and she shook her head, ”Never again.” she whispered.

A dark look came over her, ”Never again will you utter words so foul against me.” her finger still pointing all too accusing at the man, ”Die” she said, another glistening rod appeared and shot at him. She didn’t care what happened to it; just trying was enough for her. Like the last time it whizzed past his head, ”die, die, die” she yelled, another and another and another metal projectile flew at him, none of them of course actually hitting them, but they were coming closer and closer each time. ”Die!” she yelled. The last rod thrown would actually scrape the man’s shoulder, drawing blood and taking away the skin it made contact with.

”I don’t care who you are. No one talks to me like that.” she raged, but stopped at the sight of the mans blood. She took a step back, swiping her hand in her hair, and she laughed. ”I got you. It hit…” she laughed some more, turning into a cackle, ”you are bleeding.” she pointed at him finding it all too humorous. She doubled over herself laughing before she straightened up and looked around, her laughter stopping suddenly, all too suddenly, as if she had realized something. ”And you are much too late to stop me.” she turned, ”I no longer need you here.”

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Antar on August 19th, 2012, 4:49 am

Antar shrugged as he watched Drysalla's reaction to the goading, readying himself for the assault. His words had been twofold in purpose, to get her angry enough to make mistakes, and then angry enough to disassociate Shai from himself. It seemed to have worked well enough, and he smiled, and calculated distances, readying his hands to slowly rest upon the pommel of his kukri, and the hilt of his gladius. All that remained was keeping an eye out for the moment to strike as anticipation began to fill his senses, sharpening them as adrenaline began to course its way through his body.

But you men, all the same.”the woman cursed, "all the same… no good. Never again.”
The rogue in him smirked and prepared to twist the verbal blade of his psychological joust in just a little more. "Men, Men you say are no good? Lady I could have told you that much, any man I was ever with was a pain in the arse. It's not like I'd even want to bed you for a night, you're much too waspish and I have much higher standards."

”Never again will you utter words so foul against me.”

Soon it would come, the shrew's attack. Then the deadly dance would begin, "Oh? Is that so? If I truly was mentioning such things against such a shrew as you it would be much more than just about a rash. The truth is, you're a rather ugly woman, your wish for looks was a foolish venture, and so is the idea that I needed you to need me at all. A time for a reckoning I think approache-"
The first spear came from on high and to the left, forcing the man to duck and sidestep his way towards Shai, who had just opened a doorway which lead into a busy street. Unapologetically, the man swiveled on his center of balance to plant one boot on her posterior and shoved the woman backwards through the door, hopefully to safety. ”Sorry Shai, I think you should sit this dance out.” he hissed towards her retreating backside.

Noth didn't wait and stand around though, he began to move, sidestepping the next spear in a controlled shoulder roll towards Alric as behind him the doorframe shattered from the impact. Momentum carried him into a half crouch as he bull rushed Wilmot, knocking him behind the next door with a shoulder into the gut. He quickly followed into cover, looping his left arm around Alric's waist, physically hauling him as he would a ragdoll closer to him as the other side of the door became akin to a pincushion of spears. Sure, it might have hurt the lighter man, but a bit of pain now served much better from being dead.

Coming to a knee, and bringing the stunned Alric in a carry across one shoulder, Antar shouted, "That the best you got, or are just happy to see me?" A grin broke out along the rogue's features, as a small part of his soul relished the feeling of combat. Snaking an armored gauntlet around the frame, he caught the door latch and jerked it downwards letting the wooden paneling of the door open outwards towards Drysalla as the next wave of fury laden projectiles vanished into some part of Alvadas, skewering an assortment of hooked meats from what looked like a butcher shop.
Without preamble, he quickly tossed the surprised Alric through and kicked the door shut before flinging himself to one side...The next spear hit him in the back, yet vanished before even scuffing his armor. The mirror, the artifact in his chest, seemed to be pulsing with power in time with his own heart beating in an increasing tempo as the rythm of battle suffused his senses.

Diving back into cover, Antar drew his kukri in his left hand, and his gladius in his right, taking the time to draw a shallow cut on himself near his trapezius muscle where the armor wasn't fully covering. Letting the blood soak the cloth of his shirt. After all, if you wanted to get close to a raving lunatic, you had to at least let them think they were winning...
"I got you. It hit… you are bleeding. And you are much too late to stop me. I no longer need you here.”

'Foolish, I'm not intending to stop you right now, only delay you until the time was right.’ As the vapid woman wasted more words, Antar began his charge, weapons in hand and closing the distance as more spears came his way, only to witness her surprised expression as they seemed to have no effect. Her eyes widened almost imperceptibly as his sword found it way into her gut, followed by his kukri into her chest in a double stabbing motion bearing down on her with his weight as the illusionist was brought to ground. Switching his grip on the kukri's hilt to a hammerfist he wrenched it sideways, tearing it from her guts as a shocked howl assaulted his ears,"But how?!?!"
Eyes bearing his hatred, looked into ones which reflected a fury equal to his own back at him. Antar smiled a calm and confident smile as the woman's body began its regeneration, the same way it had down in the crypt's. "It's not yet your time to die, but you never should have underestimated me or the mirror's will. All I need to do is delay you."

Raising an arm in her own defense, Drysalla physically smacked him across the jaw, cracking his teeth together. Her mind was already putting the pieces of her folly together. "Damn you, you cut yourself!"

Rearing his head back he slammed it forwards, head-butting the woman with the brow of his helmet as he hissed, "Right in one, and you reacted perfectly, how's it feel to be manipulated into a position of weakness? How's it feel to have a man beat you-" Calling the res from his pores, a ball of earth and fire sprung to life in his hands, lava dripping like candlewax upon the woman's face, scalding her as the rogue attempted to force the mass of burning death down the vile shrew's throat as the iron tang came present on his tongue. His icy rage fueling his attack.

The burning torture was intolerable to the woman, as he face boiled with lesions, and puss as well as flecks skin all burning and melting and attempting to heal again all at once. An inhuman scream of pain met his actions, as two things happened... beneath his chest plate the mirror began to glow, and a shard of glassen ice formed around Drysalla's hand, diving deep into the nothingness of the ether, rippling as Alvadas reacted to her will to summon a hail of cobblestones before Antar was consumed in a barrage of stone and brick. Flying backwards across the space of nothingness, the rogue seemed to be tenderized a little, even with the cushioning of his armor.

Cursing, and spitting out a bit of phlegm he regained his feet only to see the regenerating woman struggling to do the same, "I see, so as the mirror's conduit, I can't harm you with direct attacks of my will, only with the physical and the environment could I harm or contain you. Truly, I don't usually make the same mistake twice. But... you are interesting, perhaps interesting enough to keep alive to serve me." As the words were spoken, a pain in Antar's chest seemed to resonate, the mirror's light, shining impossibly for him to see beneath the breastplate of his armor. The woman's eyes seemed transfixed upon the strange afterimage. "I see, all I have to do to get the mirror is to physically rip it from you or get my hands around it. Then ... then I could make my wish. A wish I never realized was so simple to make with all my plans..."

"It'll be tougher than you think to do that you petching wench." Antar coughed as he brought himself back to his feet. With scorn in her eyes, Drysalla pulled his gladius from her chest, as the incorporeal light of energies began closing the wounds, "You think your face would stay like that ? It's certainly a better look for you."

"Shut up, you damn ma..." the rage seemed to return a moment, only to stop as suddenly as an iron clad control seemed to come to the woman's eyes. "Wait, you're doing it again. Keeping me off guard like that. Well played."

Drysalla would toss the gladius to the ground, letting it's clang resonate in the empty void as she stared at the rogue, assessing him in a different light.

'He had wondered when the woman would have caught on... though many of those he fought before would have been dead by now from the first mistake. Only the most experienced fighters seemed to ever realize that an opponent who controlled their emotions would control the battlefield. Truth be told, Drysalla did not have much experience in life in such things, if she had, she never would have been killed by a bunch of men to begin with. But... such a realization did hold a bit of merit in the rogue's eyes.
"Likewise," Antar said, adjusting his grip on his kukri, menacingly weaving it through the air in the beginnings of a flurry of swipes one would usually use to keep an opponent at bay, "So what would a cretin like you wish for now anyways since you already got your first cursed wish?"

The woman seemed to smile coldly, staring him down. "To win of course."
Minutes began to wear on, as Antar relished in the greatest fight of his life (so far) as the pair thrashed each other in a no holds barred brawl. A kick to the stomach, followed by dowward chop at the neck to destabilize her footing followed by a drawing of his blade to slice her spine.

Only to be aware of dodging back as clawed fingers reached up to try and drive themselves, and their diamond studded nails into his throat before he launched another counterattack, breaking bones and muscle. Crushing joints, and kneecapping the woman with a well place kick. All to watch the woman keep getting back to her feet, time and time again. The weariness in his bones was exquisite, and the building pain was a sure reminder that he was still alive as the mirror pulsed in time with his own heartbeat. The entire focus of his being was centered on doing as much harm to his opponent as possible, for as long as possible as a silent wish echoed in his mind.

He yearned for hope, so badly.

Hope that he would stay the course and gain enough time for those of Alvadas to see Drysalla's end.

Hope that he could hold out and live to be one of those people to do so, to be among those who wanted to tear the wench's heart out. No matter the cost, he wanted to be there when they won.

It was a wish, half mumbled under his breath, formed from an aching mind, and the mirror was reacting. It’s energies pulsing out into the night even as spears of some Alvadas merchant's weapon's shop mounted him to a wall, holding him by the assortment alone as the woman advanced upon him to tear off the buckles of breastplate as she crowed her victory.

A hand reached around the mirror's hilt, even as Antar wrenched an arm free of his impediments to grab Drysalla's arm. The woman's mouth moved, screaming out her wish, and he could feel the mirror still pulsing with his own heartbeat responding to her desires as his world's view became disorienting. Only to knock it from her hand deep out into the void of nothingness, willing the mirror itself away from the woman which was becoming Alvadas' reigning tyrant. Watching it disappear into the abstract grey as the castle walls rippled into full-fledged existence leaving him pinned like a valued prize upon an entomologist's wall.

For the longest time, they had seemed to fight and with his last bit of strength he tried to deny her efforts, only to succumb to weakness. His last thoughts of his own were wondering how he could be so pathetically wretched to lose to such a creature.

His vision faded to blackness as Drysalla laughed, and spoke words at his helplessness before his unconscious body fell down to bitter cold stone. He had lost, lost and been defeated, bowed, and perhaps broken. What had once been a place of doors, which had now become a central Hall with Antar's still tenderized half- corpse lying at the foot of Drysalla's new throne before he was dragged away in darkness...
Last edited by Antar on August 19th, 2012, 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1

Postby Fallacy on August 19th, 2012, 4:54 am

Then Antar would find the reality he was in fading. The last thing he would see is her glaring at him, waving goodbye, her lips were moving too, forming words, but the words would fall unheard and unread… She had found what she was looking for.

”Azeren” a voice called out, the noise breaking the man from a restful sleep. ”Azeren…”the voice called out again in a sweet and caring whisper. ”Please come back to me.” when the mans eyes would open he would first notice the raven haired woman sitting on the edge of the bed, leaned over him, her hand clasping one of his. ”You are up.” she said with a smile. If the man tried to move she would place a hand on his chest trying to still him, ”Please don’t get up too fast.” if he moved again he would find his world spinning. ”I’ve woken you because our fair castle is under attack.” she said, her voice sounding the deepest level of sad.

If the man would try to remember what happened he would find that his memory was rather hazy, but he did remember her. Yes, she was Verlyna. She made him smile; he had many good memories with her. The black hair traveled down her back, and the maiden had piercing green eyes that commanded attention. She was garbed all in red the silken cloth would feel fine and cold upon touching it. It was smooth and fragile just like the girl in the room with fair skin. ”Azeren, I need you.” she pleaded, ”I need you to help defend the castle, our home.” she said. Her voice was sweet upon his ears and it soothed him, made him want to act in her stead.

Hazy mind fogged his judgment and only fragments of lies broke through. His name was Azeren, yes he remembered that. He lived in this castle with Verlyna, who helped rule the land they had conquered for the Lady. Yes he had memories of their life together and then he had memories of fighting and conflict, but he also remembered what he had fought for: Verlyna. He did not want to see her harmed by those traitors who would wish ill upon her. The rebels… they were upon them, marching right up to the castle gates threatening their lives. That alone willed him to action. A small twinge of rage was lit; no one was going to harm his Verlyna.

”I don’t mean to burden you more already.” she said looking away, a single tear falling onto her face. Her image contorted as if she were trying to hold back tears, ”Its… just, I don’t want our lives to end like this.” she said throwing herself onto him, hugging him, ”I want to see peace again.” she said, ”I just want to see peace.”

He wouldn’t give all this up. The room around him was made up of only the finest wooden furniture. A writing desk was present, various dressers and cabinets held their things. Silk sheets covered his bare chest, and he was resting on the comfiest bed he had ever been in. Though despite having all these glorious and outlandishly expensive things there was one thing he wouldn’t give up for his life, and that was Verlyna. What would he do?

If he looked over resting on the far side of the room was his bow. It was wrapped carefully in cloth. He smiled at it; Verlyna treated everything with such care, even his old bow. Of course, he would have to unwrap it if he was going to use it else an arrow might snag.

OOC :
Antar has entered the quest again! No, not as Antar but as Azeren, Verlynas chosen champion :O

Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Antar on August 19th, 2012, 5:54 am

As Antar faded, and was dragged away to a place of darkness... only to become lost in a prison fashioned about his own mind. Sometime later to awake in a bed of sheets... bright light, and a new name. But for some reason in his unconscious form, he could feel a slight pressure in his chest, as if an echo of his beating heart was out there somewhere amidst the great wide world.

Unwrapping the enshrouded parcel of his bow, he found a longbow, enscribed and decorated by his own hands. A bow Azeren had made in his youth with his father, a craftsmen for the knights of sorts though far flung from the shores of Syliras.
It was a mixture, of yew, ebony and ashwood. All combined in strips to give it a mixture of strength, durability, and flexibility.
All lacquered black and inscribe with runic scrawls, one of them he had added with his own hand ... Injustice. It had been Azeren's father's mantra, a means of being a true knight of valor, even amidst the deathly toll the job had taken upon him over the years... he could almost remember the wrinkled grey eyes and the folds of toughened rawhide skin.
Skin tanned by the wear of the summer sun, yet paler then it should be from the time spent long in armor. At times, Azeren had wondered why... why it was that way. But he never asked. Never, because he had already understood that it was a knight's duty to do what they could for their oaths.

Antar's hand grappled with the grip, finding the emplaced metal sighting guide as perfect as the day it's cold iron forged surface had been joined to the weapon by an isurian. He could feel the weathered grip, seeming to be as if it was made for his hands as he sighted down it for good measure before turning to the weapon's rack which lay beside it.

At one time, Azeren had considered turning the weapon over to a gadgeteer in Zeltiva to see if he had any ideas to strengthen the weapon, perhaps with a system of pulleys and weels to assist in launching an arrow faster, but he had never gained the time to make the journey during his younger days. After that he never had the time to try, and it would have been pointless to do so now since the old man had long since perished. He eyed the weaponry and assorted garments there, as he was dressed in blacks as a nobleman should have been.Thanks fallacy for the new clothes :3

After taken his gauntlets upon him, and bearing on his scale armor, he saw his secondary bow there. It wasn't his best bow, but he always carried it in battle.
Just in case a string broke, and besides, his weapons harness seemed to be able to hold it snug.
But where was his longsword?'
Azeren reached down to where a dagger the size of a machete, a kukri, lay and secured it on his belt.

It seemed odd that he would not have his best weapons upon him, but maybe there was a reason?

He turned towards Verlynna reaching up to gently cup her chin, for a moment a flash of another woman's face seemed to transpose itself over hers, cool purple eyes instead of the emerald green his love wore."Where did I put my longsword, my dear?"
In confusion, he knotted his brow as he asked his question. Why would he be without his longsword, who was that woman that he saw?
"It's at the smithery getting fixed Azeren. Please, hurry. The castle is under attack!"

A sense of urgency seemed to fill his veins, and Azeren nodded. "Right, I'll go to the queen and pledge my support, then see if I can help rout the rebel scum. Stay close to me until I'm sure you can be safely lead away, my dear Verlyna." The name, it seemed wrong to slide it off his tongue so with such passion, but he dismissed it as his knightly sense of honor coming into play.
Without a word he turned on his heel and marched towards the throne, only bowing to the guards there before he and his love were ushered inside before he bowed deeply to the queen who sat upon the throne.

"Dear Lady, please allow me to help assist in the castle's defenses. By your leave I will help man the walls, and if the rabble get inside I shall lead the guards to split up the attacking rebels. Once they are alone, we could crush them as needed by ensuring they never reach the throne room, your grace."
The queen looked at him with eyes that seemed to range from surprise to an arched eyebrow as Verlynna spoke, "Azeren is quite capable, my dear queen, Drysalla."
'Ah so that was the queen's name, Drysalla.
How could he have forgotten?
The knight tried to quell the churning in his stomach at the sense of something being wrong, how long had he been in service to this queen? Why was he in this castle-? The natterings of his mind were cut off as he was ushered, much better as dismissed by a curt wave of the queen's hand, "Be sure to treat our... guest well enough for him to survive, Verlynna. Ensure a few silencers escort him. After all I, no... We hope to keep him here in 'Our' Service for a very long time."
"Yes, my dear Drysalla. I'll see to his safety as I would my own."

The queen snorted as his love professed her resolve... for some reason he didn't like that. It wasn't proper etiquette for a monarch to be so... flippant with her subjects. But what was the real reason? Did perhaps his Verlyna have a problem in the past with the queen? A bit of disorientation hit him but he stoicly kept to his feet. It wouldn't be good of him to show weakness in front of the fair sex. Bah! Boulderdash!!! He was a knight, a knight had no place questioning the relations of his queen and the lover he had of a higher station.
It just wouldn't do~!!!

Standing ramrod straight, Azeren saluted a crisp and sharp salute before turning on his heels, a group of silencers following after , and on their heels his love came holding a dagger as her eyes glinted fiercely as they made their way through a labrynth of twists and turns before coming to an upper portcullis. A trip along a rope bridge landed them at the top of the parapets, in a vantage point where they could see over the sides to the massive main gates as the wind before the chasm howled. Taking out his longbow Azeren knocked an arrow as he heard fighting far down below. Sighting on one of the figures he knocked an arrow, leaned out slightly to shoot through the castle's archer slit and released the quarrel even though he paused slightly when he lined up on the rebel target which he could see.

The arrow flew, barely going six inches wide from the head of a short one as Azeren sighed and pulled himself back into cover. He had forgotten about the wind.

Lazily, as if he had all the care in the world, he crabwalked his way to the next arrow slit. When he got there, he sighed as he noted the sounds of fighting below. He was safe here, in the tower, at least until they got inside. But to make another shot he had to check his environment. Licking a finger, the knight held it upward's slightly. Looking almost bored as he tested the wind...

Knocking another arrow, he quickly peeked out of his new position in an attempt to see what the rebels were doing. Darn Rebel Scum! With enough time, he was bound to hit something. He was a knight after all. It wouldn't do to give them any succor... no a knight in battle did not give any mercy. Maybe to an honorable opponent, but these were rebels! They had no honor in them at all!

Rebels should just die... right?

Reference for what an arrow slit is
Last edited by Antar on August 29th, 2012, 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1

Postby Bob Barton on August 28th, 2012, 8:46 pm

Sighing, Bob realized that he might be better off working alone. At least he would not need to share with these...idiots! Hearing Miro's worthless threat Bob gave a smile asking in a condescending voice if "the widdle baby boy wants be a responsible man?" before his face darkened with a warning that "don't make threats that you can't keep before you know who you're dealing with brat especially if you want cooperation" or he will find his divine gift going to someone more suited. Bob. Miro was not suited for anything. Not the elemental's gifts and definitely leadership because "you're the one thinking this is a game. You've lost once and you're bragging about a second chance? Grow up or let the grown ups do the work you can't!" Bob advised in a harsher voice. He may make a joke but it will always tell the facts once the people had their brief moment without worry to better compose themselves. Miro was wrong if he thought he was the only person who wanted to return safe. If he was not willing to work with the group properly "you can take a timeout in the corner, or your spankings" and it is obvious what the latter meant when Bob held on to the slingshot.

At least he could offer an alternative after that. Bob knew nothing about Alluvia or her powers but if what he said was true about her illusions, he would not mind "as long as it doesn't weaken her" like a mage he was talking about when shes done. That was all Bob was concerned about since the more capable people, the more they can share the dangers with him getting less of it. Apparently the idea was good enough for Alluvia to go along with it, Bob hoping for the best while he let her work while he did his. The elemental said the slingshot enhances reimancy and if Bob was going to rely on it here he needed an edge. Going to the fireplace of the log cabin, Bob started rubbing some of the stray soot between his fingers. Bob had no illusionary bricks but bits of soot by bits of soot a circle begun to form on his palm. Nothing too fantastic one...maybe two focuses for his hands he had to make and fortunately he would not have to make any changes because they fit well enough there. At least the result looked like a proper focus from glyphing even if its smudged.

While the end result of Alluvia's bridge looked nothing like reimancy. Reimancy structures looked unnatural but this one just looked weird. Bob was no architect but he could tell that what she made was not the whole bridge. Her assertions of its safety did not convince him and again he looked at the stupidest of the group. He did boast "you have everyone's weight so after you. I'm happier to see when the scared boy runs so that I can get a head start instead of finding myself without the one carrying my weight." The repetitions subject were pretty venomous. Obviously Bob did not think much of Miro, or his boast that were unreal to him. Even their realish looking illusionary bridge had trouble its own trouble in the form of the new opponents.

"What are Silencers and what does he mean by Silenced?" Bob asked since it was only a few days since he was in Alvadas. Whatever it was, it obviously did not sound good and Bob had the slingshot prepared. Bob noted the exchange between the two, that the Silencers had some power in Alvadas and Alluvia a lot stronger since she is supposed to command them but...not anymore. Oh no, Bob was not going to die yet if he did not already in Sunberth and he was pretty sure that it was time to test his new weapon. What did Aguni say? It enhances spells? Looks like its time to test that out. Bob held the slingshot out as he searched for his target gathering his res into his hand for the projectile. Thanks to his foresight to have the glyph prepared Bob found that the res came and accumulated faster into his hand. He held and held waiting as the Silencers passed the first hump...the second hump then he released letting the res fly as fast as it could. While he aimed for the peak of the third hump, his target was behind it.

When they started running he was watching, observing the time it took for the Silencers to move with each step. If his calculations were right then when the...wow that thing is flying fast. The elemental was not kidding about making reimancy more effective. As long as there was djed Bob could control it and he allowed his projectile to continue right until it reached one of the Silencer's feet. He forcibly made it drop on the ground where his target's feet would land before he transmuted it all into water and the Silencer slipped and fall. Bob knew that the bridge was unsafe and if Miro did not want to test it he would use someone else who hopefully snaps his neck or slips off the side but there was no time to confirm it since he felt a cutting wind to the side where he saw what he could only guess is some kind of arrow.

But none of the Silencers he saw had bows unless there were some hidden? Bob was not going to take any chances and stepped back letting anyone else who wanted to advance to go before him where he will hide so that they can take the arrow for him. Just where it was coming from...slits? Why would there be slits in a building? If the arrows came from there Bob would not get hit though since he was making sure that the others were covering him like good little meatshields. Once he is able to confirm the next arrow he will yell for "Eri. Use your magic shoes and stop that archer. We'll handle things down here. If there is too many of us it'll just crowd the bridge" and make it so much more harder to fight. The logic was sound and necessary to be stated since he figured that the ethaefal would not do anything without a reason he cannot go against unlike Miro which Bob will just use as a shield whether he knows it or not. Hopefully both will fight smartly since whatever Bob did next depends on them.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3

PreviousNext