Closed Cold Spots[Elaine Spade]

Clyde goes for a walk, and runs into a ghosty

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Cold Spots[Elaine Spade]

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 19th, 2013, 7:53 pm

Clyde was a bit confused, yet... He had an inkling of what the ghost wanted.

Though he had to say, it was the oddest request he had ever been given. A ghost, actually wanting to be hurt and injured? It was definitely a first for Clyde, and possibly a first for a spiritist, which Clyde considered himself to be to a point.

Clyde raised empty left hand up before him, and exuded a small ball of res out of it. It only took him a few ticks, to gather a ball the size of his fist. As he had progressed in skill in Reimancy, his speed at producing res, the material so needed for the magic, had greatly increased. Now, he could create great gout's of it with little conscious effort.

He did not even need to use any gestures or incantations to control the res. Certainly not for this small amount. He could easily control it by willpower alone, as the gaseous res floated upon the air. With another thought, he ignited the outside of the ball of res. He waited one more moment, and then pushed the flaming res ball at Elaine. It was easy enough to guide it to her, aiming directly for her chest. He waited till it was close, and then he ignited the core, all the way through.

Now all he had left to do was wait a few more ticks till the magical fireball struck Elaine. He gave it one final push, directly at Elaine. He highly doubted he would miss.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Cold Spots[Elaine Spade]

Postby Elaine Spade on April 20th, 2013, 8:32 am

When Elaine looked up the ball already reached her and burned her soulmist a bit. Even it was little fire ball and little flame, she was weak, she didn't have that much soulmist she had pain. She let out a loud scream and she felt the flames free her from her otherself. But it was still hurting her. The flames stopped, and The Silent Lady's otherself's just gone to "sleep" within her. Her humanity became silent. Elaine kneeled... her soulmist got damage, she had to lie on the ground. Her weak soulmist was around her. She was unconscious for some minutes.

She lied for minutes. She regained her thoughts and could think now. A human saved her? No she still knew Clyde wasn't one, even his flesh was, his soul not. Elaine had to realize something. You are what you believe. Flesh is only a flesh. Soul is you. And another important thing she knew about herself, her otherself now. Her pride is her remained humanity. A ghost who is possessed by her own sin. How ironic. Dira, save me from myself, please!
After slowly regenerated she slowly stood up. Elaine was weak and had to rest. But this time, this night had to happen for realizations. She looked at Clyde. She whispered to him quietly.

"You saved me from myself, from my humanity. She hasn't gone away. As I haunt and possess others, my sin will do it with me too. And like I become stronger, her strength grows too. Clyde you are not human. Neither I am. I thank you, my friend. Next time, if you need help, you can ask me for a favor too. I will do my best to help you."

Her second friend. A living friend, not like Noaru who was a ghost like The Silent Lady. Elaine with her hand touched Clyde's chest, the place where his heart was beating. But she didn't really touched it. She just keeped her hand there like she did, but it had no effect, only a look. Although Clyde couldn't see her exactly because her appearance was messy, Elaine smiled. Was undeath actually good for her in the end?

"It's a promise from a soul, from a ghost friend."
Last edited by Elaine Spade on April 20th, 2013, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elaine Spade
Player

Words: 166350
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2012, 5:29 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Cold Spots[Elaine Spade]

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 20th, 2013, 1:12 pm

As the fireball and soulmist met, there was an inaudible sizzle as the magic burnt away at, and ablated away layers of soulmist. Or at least, Clyde imagined there would be a sizzle, even if it could not be heard by him. But likely that was just his imagination getting away with him.

He could also imagine what would have happened if he had used a decent sized fireball, instead of the small one he had done. It would have cloaked her entire body, eating away at her soulmist, until there was none left, leaving nothing but the bare ghost behind, weak and unable to function at all.

Clyde saw Elaine let out a scream, as the flames struck, and could only imagine what it felt like. Pain. For a ghost, who normally could not be harmed and was immune to any attack, suddenly being attacked and feeling great pain from it, must be even worse than a similar pain to one who had a body.

Elaine slumped to the ground, not quite laying on it, since she had little physical substance, but more hovering at the level of it. She stayed that way for several chimes, unable to move, to weak to do anything. Perhaps knocked unconscious, or a close to it as a ghost could be, by the pain of the attack.

He slowly saw Elaine gather enough strength to move, and finally rise back to a standing position. But she was clearly weak. She could not even use the smallest facade, to become more apparent and visible, to manifest her physical appearance. She seemed like a weak outline, that was human shaped in general. But any detail was blurred, even for him. He doubted someone with no training in dealing with ghosts, would have even been able to see that much.

When she finally spoke, it was so quietly, Clyde could hardly hear her. Clearly she was weak, and would need to rest for some time. Though he wondered, how long did it take a ghost, to replenish their soulmist?

"I will bear that in mind, should I need your assistance. Though first, you need to rest and recuperate. If you need help similarly again, just find me, and I will."

Clyde saw as she extended an appendage, to touch his chest. After squinting, and looking for a few moments, he realized it was an arm. Though he felt nothing, there was not even the cold feeling of a ghosts touch. She truly was weakened.

Clyde smiled, and nodded. "I can honestly say I believe you, and am glad to mark you as a friend."

It was a bit odd though, that he seemed to more easily make friends of ghosts, than with living being. He tended to mistrust them to much, and they all wanted something from him, or to use him. With ghosts, it tended to be different.

Their meeting done, Clyde said his final farewell, and turned to leave.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Cold Spots[Elaine Spade]

Postby Cataclysm on April 25th, 2013, 10:53 am

Clyde Sullins :
Experience

Rhetoric 1
    Persuasion 2
    Intimidation 1
    Spiritism 2
    Investigation 1
    Interrogation 1

Lore Earned
    Mrs. Spade is Elaine's mom!
    Smothered by soulmist
    Interactions with ghosts: They phase around constantly
    Interactions with ghosts: They can change clothes
    Possession: Feels like a itch deep inside
    Attacking a ghost with Reinmancy
    Elaine Spade: Spectral buddy

Elaine :
Experience

Possession 2
    Soulmist Projection 3
    Materialization 1

Lore Earned
    My time has not come to pass
    Possession: Being inside another
    Honest about everything
    Possessed by pride
    Clyde can give you the heat
    Masochist ghost
    Clyde Sullins: Not-so-human human attendant

Safety comes in the oddest forms

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
Free to moderate whenever/whatever. 0 people on the waiting list. My office Extra!
Cataclysm
Beware of tall brush

Words: 22092
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous