[Council Chambers] Owning Actions And Facing Truths (Charon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Flick on June 19th, 2010, 11:06 pm

Flick nodded at the council as they asked her three difficult questions. She swallowed, her throat suddenly dry.

"When I left, yes he lived in Riverfall. His son, well I can't say for sure as I have never gone back, but I would say he is more than likely still here. And the man's name is Reghitaar." Saying his name was hard, her throat wanted to constrain around the word and her heart ached at the sound of it. As they left, she turned to the others and smiled weakly. Hatot's touch, and kind words were a comfort, and as he spoke to Kavala, the young creature slipped a hand into hers and squeezed.

"Thank you so much, for everything...but...I'm so sorry I came to you Kavala." She said softly, sadness in her glittering black eyes.

"I've caused you so much trouble. And I've put everything you have on the line. I...I'm sorry." The kelvic didn't know what else to say.

Flick
Streetfox

Words: 59171
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 6:33 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Charon on June 20th, 2010, 3:22 am

After what most likely seemed to take forever, the door in the back of the domed Council Chamber opened and the Elders split to either side of the room where they were seated during the moments the story was told and their notes were scribbled down as if observing some occurrence they were to report upon. When the three were situated standing in the center of the room once more and the Elders had returned to their seats, Nevar stood and spoke. ”The Council of Elders, the governing body of the city of Riverfall, would like to first state that your honesty and appropriate actions to bring this matter to us in a timely manner is appreciated and has not gone unnoticed. Your verdicts shall be stated with each of you present just as you each spoke your side of the story beside your companions.

“Hatot, son of Mokael, descendant of the Laeklon family line, your actions in listening to a respected member of our society and advising her of the ways and rules of Riverfall and the Akalak reflects credit upon yourself. Your lack of hesitation in stating the facts both to her and to your Council of Elders represents you and our city well. In this matter, you have done no wrong and perhaps even helped saved your acquaintances from a harsher judgment. You are an upstanding member of our community and your family should be proud of you just as we are.

“Kavala, Nakivak of Riverfall and Caretaker of Sanctuary, the rules you have violated, though unbeknown to you initially, are laws that have been created in the best interest of the Akalak race and the city of Riverfall. You did the right thing by listening to your wise Akalak friend and coming before us without wasting time. Your role in our community is appreciated and your status here of being an outsider before but bringing the best interest of our city to the forefront of your mind has not been underestimated. For your crime committed, and lesson learned, you shall not receive a harsh penalty. You do owe the Akalak something, however, and the Council of Elders are placing a requirement on you that you fulfill your debt by the first day of the Fall season. If you have made an honest effort, as judged by the Council of Elders, to contribute toward the growth of the Akalak population by this time, you will have served the imposed penalty.

“Felicity, Kelvic of Riverfall, you have abandoned your rightful owner. We understand your situation living with your owner was difficult and no judgment will be made on your character for your actions, but you were not in your right to knowingly leave the Akalak that owned you. We understand the bond that you felt for the man and the fear you felt toward the young Akalak, but it is not the younger of the two that bought and owns you. If Reghitaar cares enough about you to pull his son off of you while being treated as you were, he may come to us and give you away, releasing you from his ownership. However, what he decides to do, as an Akalak with ownership rights over you, it is his call to make. Our society cannot be based upon us doubting the decisions our own blood makes with domestic issues and we will not start doubting his decisions or any other Akalak in good standing within Riverfall. In this matter, we will not direct him what to do with his property, but he may do with you as he sees fit. You are to return to Reghitaar immediately.”

So there it was. The verdict was stated to each of them and their immediate futures were finally able to form within their minds. What empty gaps filled their thoughts of where they may be next month or next season could more easily be filled now. Though the result would most likely force Flick into a difficult situation, the words made it clear that the Council, though acting in the best interest of Riverfall and the Akalak, did in fact have souls and offered a way for the Kelvic to deal with things. Nevar then stated, [b]”If there are questions, not pleas, we will answer you to ensure the decisions made by the Council of Elders are made clear. The decisions will not be revoked and cannot be challenged.” Many placed in these situations came to a loss for questions or words, but it was now or never if there were to be any from this trio.
| - Riverfall - | - Akalak - | - Starting Guide - |

Charon
Fiendish Ferryman

Words: 99186
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2010, 1:36 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Kavala on June 20th, 2010, 4:11 am

ImageIt was strange how the room seemed so small to her. It was even stranger how she was having trouble breathing and felt like she was drowning in the echoing silence - even though she bore gills and had no capacity to flounder thusly. Kavala was lost in her own thoughts - her own world of self discovery about how fleeting and fragile her own circumstances could be. Flick had no rights. She knew the truth of it even as they stood there. For the fennec it had to be incredibly worse - worse than knowing you owned nothing - because Flick didn't even own her own flesh. It should have angered Kavala. It had in the moments before. But now it just exhausted her. Truthfully, it exhausted her to the core as she bowed her head forward and waited. The Konti couldn't remember being more helpless, not even when she first woke in a nightmare of slavery and pain. Then she could kick, scream, fight... here, there was no true battle to wage.

It was what it was.

Hatot's voice woke her from her antireverie, and caused her to look up and over at him. She softened slightly as he offered Flick comfort - surprised by the action for she'd never seen him do such a thing before. He also offered her training, which Kavala knew from first hand experience would help. She hoped the kelvic would accept Hatot's offer. It was a generous one.

It surprised her even more when he slowly reached out and touched her own shoulder. Hatots words were like a balm, soothing and reassuring. She met his gaze while he spoke, her face warming from its blank defensive mask. He read fear in her eyes - and anger - the fear of loosing everything and the anger that she had nothing to really loose to begin with. "Thank you, Hatot. You are a good and true friend." She said softly, unsure of what else to say. Praise wasn't something she was accustomed too. Neither was what she considered a solid offer of a friend having faith in her. Azure eyes left Hatot's and met Flick's own golden gaze. If he could do that for her, she'd certainly be that for Flick.

"No matter what they decide, Flick... It's going to be okay. One way or another, I promise you it will be okay." She said firmly, meaning it. Konti, though frail and often overlooked, had a fierceness in their soul that spoke of a depth of conviction. She had one, certainly, and noted too that Hatot had his own measure as well. Kavala took his hand and Flicks, squeezing them both gently. She released them when the chambers opened, and the council filed back in.

She stood silent and stoic during their rendering of decision, her face a mask of indifference that reflected their own. It would take some time to settle in. Flick had to go back. Flick... had to go back. Flick... had... to... go.. .back. Kavala screamed inside. Silently and internally she shrieked her denial and the injustice of the decision while remaining cold and frozen on the outside. No. No. No. No. The Konti shifted her feet, dragged in a deep breath, and reached out to take Flick's hand once more.

Her grip was like iron.

Kavala stepped forward, met each Akalak in the eye, and spoke firmly. "Thank you for hearing our case. We understand and will comply with your wisdom in this decision. However, if the Council permits, would it be allowed for me to accompany Flick back to Reghitaar's residence and offer to barter with him for a transfer of her ownership to me? I understand if he refuses to sell her then there is nothing that can be done, as she is his property, and she will be turned over immediately to his custody. I ask this solely because I am unaware of your laws in this matter and do not wish to further overstep my bounds with an attempt to purchase her which might be out of place in the light of this decision." Kavala said softly, her rich alto wavering a bit. It was an unnecessary display of her emotion and she knew it. But it couldn't be helped. The Fennec was important too her. And they were sending her back to a monster... a monster that might indeed kill her. Kavala didn't want that to happen - couldn't let it happen. The scars her Akalak owner and his son had placed on her soul were already deeply etched. It would take a long time for them to heal. If she went back, she may never have a chance at a normal life... ever.

"I shall also see to producing an Akalak child immediately for the benefit of the city. If a suitable male does not make a voluntary offer within the next ten days, I will actively seek out an Akalak desiring to be a father and begin my attempt at debt repayment." Kavala said softly, though her voice didn't waiver in this case. There was Hatot, though she'd talked with him already and knew he didn't consider himself ready for children. He might change his mind, hearing this decree, or perhaps not because his entire life was on hold until his rite. If he was not interested, she'd ask one of the male healers up at the clinic to see if they'd be interested in her services. As a last resort, there was always Sorian, though she had no idea what a child's life would be like with a half-rogue Akalak as his father. It would probably not be a good thing and as such he was probably not what could be considered as suitable.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hatot on June 20th, 2010, 6:27 am

Hatot gave a nod, almost allowing himself to feel a tinge of pride at the council’s words. However, he held such feelings back, knowing that the grievances caused by his ill management of Radris over the previous years would not be redeemed over such a matter. He gave a slow nod to the council as they spoke their praises, feeling a slow bow was acceptance enough.

His hear skipped a small beat then however when they handed down Kavala’s verdict. His breaths became a little deeper and quicker in pace. The muscles along his jaw tightened, rippling slightly under the smooth blue skin as his teeth gritted slightly. Kavala was required to pay her debt, and so soon at that. His head turned, looking to her out of the corner of his eyes, gauging her reaction for a moment. It did not surprise him that he found her reaction to be more physical when the council handed down Flick’s verdict as her grip along his hand tightened like a vice, causing a pang of discomfort in his fingers that Radris chuckled over. Her care for others was always greater than for herself, this Hatot had learned. He had hoped for a better decision, but in end, the council’s verdict regarding Flick did not surprise him. His gaze floated to Flick for a moment, seeing her reaction before Kavala’s question was directed towards the council.

He gave a slow nod as she questioned whether she would be allowed to make an offer for Flick. Whether he was aware of this nod or not didn’t seem to be apparent by the expression on his face. He would at least accompany Kavala on this trip, meet this Akalak and his son himself. Perhaps one of his one encouraging the offer would help. His head then lowered when Kavala replied with her agreement to produce a child for the Akalak race. He looked to the council, watching their faces, trying to determine how they would answer. Emotions seemed to swell with in him as the thought of another Akalak claiming Kavala, using her as nothing more than a means of producing a child. There was so much more to her than just that, and Hatot knew this where many others would not. It was the first time Hatot realized that such was one of the things that was truly wrong with Akalak society. Their desire from ensuring their race from dying out blinded them to any emotional aspect of reproduction a majority of the time.

Hatot’s gaze remained on the Council, his lips parting, but no words seemed to come out. There were things he wished to say, but in front of the men who had guided his people for so long, what weight did his words carried. Meeting them, Hatot felt almost intimidated. Only two other things forced such a feeling from him. Radris’ rage and Kavala’s love. Such feelings kept his words at bay, and when they did he heard a slow growl echoing in his head, coming from Radris. His eyes closed for a moment, envisioning flashes of Kavala’s frame stretched out over a bed not her own, and an Akalak not him hovering over her, both of their faces expressionless. Radris’ growl grew slightly, the images changing to Flick being returned, any offer being made rejected, and Flick paying the price with being beat time and again by an Akalak child. Still no words escaped Hatot’s lips. Finally, Radris let out a loud roar within Hatot’s head. “You are a petching Akalak! Act like it!” Radris yelled, causing Hatot’s face to wince slightly in reaction. “You’re a gentle little baby, and I detest that. Still, stop acting like your scared shykless and grow the pair Kavala fondled last night. We’re going to be going through our Rite of Passage, start acting like a man now and say something you petch!”

“If it pleases the council,” Hatot suddenly said, to his own surprise, “I make that offer to Kavala here and now, with all of you as witness’. I take my Rite of Passage next season.”

Hatot fell silent for a moment once again, the wheels in his head turning as he looked to the Council. A young child in their eyes, Hatot would need more than the offer alone. “I know I am young, but that works towards our race’s favor.” Hatot then continued. “Due to my youth, there is much more chance that Kavala and I could produce a child, and our longevity could possibly see us producing more than one, if she will allow after the first. Additionally, I tutor young Akalak children, preparing them for their Rite of Trial. With my own, I could help raise him from the start, hopefully bringing an Akalak who’s traits match those you complimented of me earlier.”

Hatot then waited for their reply to this before finally raising his hand to voice one final thing. “If I may ask as well, Elders,” Hatot said, waiting for their full attention once again, “what is your opinion of the Akalak child in question of this case? Considering his violence was directed towards a female spurning his advances, that raises concerns in my view. Considering this, what happens when this child is spurned by another female, one who is just visiting our city? What if this violence within him is raised and his father isn’t there to pull him away?”

Hatot then paused for a moment, looking over the Council again. “I make no motion to question the Council and their wisdom, of course,” Hatot then said, “but I feel this child should be watched, considering his acts are directed towards females. The very beings which we hope not to be dissuaded from Akalak society.”

Please, do not upset me. I would hate to unintentionally rip your throat out in a fit of rage.
Hatot
The Edge Walker

Words: 301214
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2010, 8:12 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Flick on June 20th, 2010, 10:03 am

She had to go back. She had to go back? She had to go back!

The kelvic's heart beat in her ears, and her wide eyes stung as tears began to form. Kavala's hand on her own, tight as it was, seemed a million miles away. Everything was to big, to real....

Looking down at the hand in hers, the fennec fox tugged suddenly. Turning, she ran between the konti and the akalak, tearing at the white dress. As it fell to the floor, she shimmered brightly and slipped between the legs of a guard. Nails skittering on the floor, she found a hole and...

Flick blinked, still looking at the konti's hand in hers. Her mind ran away, fled the council and fled Riverfall. She should have run away the first time. Far away...but...the thought of Reghitaar held her there...then Kavala. Now he would get her, he would have her. Taking a sharp breath, she looked up at the konti's blue eyes, tears brimming over. Whilst she had imagined fleeing, Kavala had been talking. Listening in, she realised the konti was talking about buying her. Bartering for her. Heart soaring, the kelvic dissolved into childlike tears, hugging herself to the woman. And then she heard Hatot make the claim on Kavala's child, the child she was forced to bare. Wiping her cheeks, Flick looked up at the council - hoping they could grant this small request. If anything, Kavala deserved someone she truly cared about and who care for her.

Flick
Streetfox

Character sheet

Postby Charon on June 26th, 2010, 6:23 pm

It was expected that emotions flair after delivering verdicts. This was not an occurrence new to the Council of Elders but a usual outcome, and they had certainly seen the full gambit of reactions. Many people cried, many more were completely silent, others became enraged, and still others pleaded for mercy or another result even after being advised otherwise. Regardless of which medium they chose to allow the flood of emotions to be seen, the Council never changed their minds. Their decisions were based on what they felt was best for the city and their race and after deliberating, they stood as a solid entity and could not be broken. Corruption was unheard of among the Elders and if one member were to succumb to such an evil plot, they would be immediately replaced.

The reactions from this trio were not significantly different than what the Elders had seen in the past. The Konti seemed to understand her fate, though obviously not satisfied, and her immediate assurance that she would carry out what was asked of her was an encouraging sign. The woman had played an upstanding role in their society thus far and there was no reason to think she would try to deceive them now. Taking the woman's words at face value would be enough and a couple visitations to her Sanctuary to track her progress would be simple enough.

Kavala's request, however, was out of the usual character for those being judged in these chambers. It was a simple enough request and several members of the Council exchanged looks among themselves before looking toward Nevar. Considering the possible consequences and the effects that may come from her negotiating for this Akalak's property in Flick, Nevar made up his mind. "What you propose would be within our laws. As long as your negotiations do not exceed accepted behaviors in our society, you may attempt to talk as you please to Reghitaar about purchasing his property." Why not? There was nothing that said somebody could not give away or sell their own things, and as long as Kavala did not try anything illegal if he turned her down, there should be nothing to worry about. It may just be the best chance for this Kelvic to end up in a happier home.

When the Akalak accompanying the other two spoke up, the Council was yet again taken slightly off guard. Though he had proven to them that he was doing what was right, the fact that he had not yet had his Rite of Passage was of some concern. Though he should complete his hunt during the summer, before the suspense given to the Konti, the idea was not comforting. His desire to help Kavala was nice and it was fine that he wanted to contribute to her well being and creating more Akalak offspring, but he was ineligible to do so. "Hatot, you will not reproduce until you have completed your Rite of Passage. Once you complete this essential prerequisite, you may then offer yourself to Kavala if she has not progressed without you, but know that if something happens to you during that Rite, she will have limited time to fulfill her commitment." Nevar did not need to exchange glances with the other Elders to respond to this. It was how their society was structured and until an Akalak had proven they were worthy of reproduction, attempting to do so was not allowed. This also gave the woman an option, if she was willing to chance waiting that long, to reproduce with somebody she knew a bit better.

However, as soon as Hatot's questioning changed course, Nevar immediately stood and interrupted. "It is not of your concern what our opinions are of this boy! You, an Akalak of only thirty years, do not have the experience to know how to deal with such instances. If you think we are naive enough to not have considered his actions already then you sadly underestimate the governing Council of this city, Hatot. Your concerns should be for your successful hunt next season, not of what a young boy could do to our society in the next twenty years!" Perhaps it was overkill, but quelling out of line comments directed toward the Council was something Nevar did not take lightly. The root of many evils spurred from questioning those officials charged with preventing the same evils and Riverfall was too precious to let anything slip that had potential to develop into further disrespect or undermining. Not that he necessarily felt Hatot would do that, but it was not worth risking anything.

Flick, naturally the one to show the most emotion after their judgement, was obviously inspired by hope when Kavala asked if she could go to Reghitaar as well. This served to further strengthen Nevar's decision to allow this to happen. Though Kelvics were considered property in Riverfall and among the Akalak, the Council of Elders had hearts and, as Hatot did point out, there were some issues within the household. As long as things stayed within the boundaries of their culture, this could end up being a very successful resolution of this crime. Of course, if Reghitaar refused to give up his property, there was nothing they could do. It was his decision and his alone and the Council would not step in to change his mind.

So there it was, the decisions made and questions asked. The three were free to go. "Unless there is something further, you are released," Nevar officially announced. The aides, remaining at attention against the walls for the duration of the meeting, moved beside the trio if they were finished asking questions of the Council and prepared to escort them from the chambers.
| - Riverfall - | - Akalak - | - Starting Guide - |

Charon
Fiendish Ferryman

Words: 99186
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2010, 1:36 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Hatot on June 26th, 2010, 7:49 pm

Hatot’s face didn’t flinch in Nevar’s stern response to his inquiries, but the realization of his overstepping could be seen in the council behind his eyes. In the end, Hatot slowly gave a bow to the Council. “My apologies, Elder Nevar,” Hatot said in a calm tone. “It was not my intention to appear as though I was undermining the Council, I foolishly over expressed my concerns in the matter. It will not happen again.”

Hatot then straitened himself, looking over to Kavala and Flick as he gave a slow nod to them, awaiting any further questions they had themselves. In the end, they still had options, and a chance to break away from all of it with only small hills to climb. In the end, things could have ended much worse, and Nevar’s words rang true. Hatot, indeed, had to concern himself with his upcoming Rite. The more time he had spent with Kavala and Sanctuary, the less concerned he had grown of it’s approach. It would be something he would have to refocus his attentions on soon. For he had no idea what sort of situations he would encounter out there.

Please, do not upset me. I would hate to unintentionally rip your throat out in a fit of rage.
Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on June 27th, 2010, 5:21 am

ImageKavala remained standing quietly, holding Flick tightly in a hug that was meant to reassure her. The Konti was also subtly brushing lightly against Hatot for strength as the Council answered their questions and reaffirmed their decision and authority. She tilted her head slightly, trying to picture what they must be thinking of the three of them. Kavala knew that each councilor must be well over two hundred years old, which made their mere thirty seem like children. They were children standing before the adults with minor problems that would probably seem like nothing to the Council in the light of what they faced day to day running the city. Flick, who was barely two, must have seemed like a babe. No wonder her life was of little consequence. It angered Kavala, but she did understand it. She didn't agree - but then she lived with the Akalak and had to abide by their rules. There were, however, lots of flex in those rules.

Kavala smiled then, bowed thoughtfully, and thanked them each for their time. "Thank you for your time and wisdom in guiding us. Your judgment is greatly appreciated and we will carry out your wishes promptly today." She paused long enough for Flick to calm, then turned with Hatot and the kelvic to withdraw from the chambers as swiftly as possible.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

She would stop by Sanctuary with them both first. They needed to pack Flicks things. Leading the group back home, Kavala was quiet for most of the walk. However, she didn't release Flick's hand nor did she release Hatot's which she took the moment they were back outside of the chambers. Once back at Sanctuary, she turned to Flick and spoke quietly. "I won't give you back to him without offering to buy you first. And I won't offer to do that without having prepared for him to say no." Kavala glanced at Hatot, but otherwise said nothing when she began to gather a bag together for Flick to put her things in.

Kavala began gathering things together ... there was a calmness about her that was unusual in the light of what was about to happen. "I don't have a lot of coin, but I can raise some if necessary. I do have some things that will help you Flick, if he doesn't want to sell you. I have to leave you there if he won't. The Council ordered it. There's nothing I can do about it. But if he'll sell you or work out a deal with me, we'll take it. And in the mean time here..." Kavala said, frantically pulling herbs from her cupboard and throwing together a medication that would easily cause someone to drink it to sleep deeply. "It's a powerful sleep aide. If you put it in their food - liquid like wine or juice or even on something or mixed into a butter that's spread on bread... it has little taste, but should make them incredibly sleepy. What you do afterwards is your own business." She'd not say the word 'escape' for the Council had ordered her not to aid in anything illegal. It wasn't illegal if Flick needed something to help her sleep, right?

She packed a salve for cuts scrapes and bruises, and added anything else she could think of that might help Flick if the man - Reghitaar - let his son do Flick any harm. Then she gave Flick the packets, so she could add them to her backpack. "Take any of my clothing you'd like too... and we'll pack you some food... something to keep warm... he might not let you sleep in your fur." Kavala said slowly, finally taking a deep breath. When there was nothing left to pack, she turned to Flick and said... "Ready?" It was an insane thing to say... she knew the answer to the question as well. But Flick had to go back, the council ordered it, but she didn't have to stay there. If it was within Kavala's power, Flick would no longer be Reghitaar's property by nightfall.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hatot on June 27th, 2010, 6:50 am

Hatot’s gaze shifted over Kavala as she spoke with Flick and shifted about things, stuffing them into bags. There was a calm look on his face as he looked to Flick, giving a supportive nod. When Kavala mentioned being short of coin for which to purchase Flick with, Hatot’s gaze then rose to the ceiling for a moment as he stepped out of the room as Kavala continued to pack things into a bag.

He eventually returned, carrying his own backpack in his left hand as his right rustled through the contents within. He soon pulled out a large bag which jingled around with the sound of Mizas within. “Kavala, I’ve some coin if you wish it?” Hatot then offered, holding out the bag to her.

He gave a half shrug, looking between her and Flick, the bag flatting out slightly over his wide palm as it was extended. “I’m not certain what the asking price would be, but I’ve about six hundred gold rimmed Mizas in there by my last count.” Hatot said, offering a smile. “Right now, I’ve not much need for it myself, and if it’ll help you in acquiring Flick’s freedom from the family, I insist it be used.”

Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Flick on July 1st, 2010, 1:22 am

Flick watched as Kavala packed her things, unable to concentrate on the woman's words. She heard bits and pieces...sleep...warmth..fur...blinking her dark eyes followed the woman around the room as she moved. How could this be happening? She had freedom, she had been able to breathe again - and now she had to go back. To see Reghitaar again, her heart couldn't help but beat faster...but his son. Corvinan would kill her, the kelvic was sure of it. There would be smiles and niceties, maybe they would even invite Kavala and Hatot for dinner in appreciation of bringing her back. But then they would leave, and she would stay. And Corvinan would find her.

Coin...would Reghitaar even sell her? Did he care enough to let her go. Oh, she wished it was so. Turning as Hatot came back in - she'd not even noticed he'd left - her ears heard the miza's before he announced them. Six hundred miza's. That was the worth of her life...maybe? It felt wrong, pricing herself. Looking up at Kavala again, Flick took a step back from the woman and the backpack.

"No. I can't do this Kavala. I can't!" Taking a deep breath, the fox felt sick to her stomach. She wanted to change and run.

"I'll just go. Run away. The Council can't blame you if I fled. Hatot can back your story up. I just changed and disappeared out the door. Foxes are fast you know, we have to be. You could never catch me, either of you." Her voice was almost hysterical as she spoke, feeling even sicker as she thought about leaving. She couldn't leave. She didn't want to leave. The bond she felt wrapping its way around Kavala tugged at her, even if the konti blocked it. Flick still felt that familiar attachment. Her eyes were wide and her breathing fast, and she looked as though she would change any second.

Flick
Streetfox

Character sheet

PreviousNext