Kenash's Comments Questions & Suggestions Thread

Please feel free to pop in and make suggestions or ask questions. Comments are always welcome.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is Kenash's development forum. Please feel free to post your ideas and suggestions as well as join in any discussions that are currently ongoing.

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Banickle on May 14th, 2013, 8:44 pm

DYNASTYPailleKonrathAskaraSitaiLorakDraerMorealisRadackeLynintRajorAckinaZulaca
PailleNLNLNLNLNNN
KonrathNDNNNNLNDNN
AskaraLDLLLLNLDLD
SitaiNNLDNDLDDLN
LorakLNLDNNNLDNN
DraerNNLNNLDNDNN
MorealisLNLDNLDDDLN
RadackeNLNLNDDNDDD
LynintLNLDLNDNDDD
RajorNDDDDDDDDDD
AckinaNNLLNNLDDDN
ZulacaNNDNNNNDDDN

As with the crops/goods/services chart, the above chart - which is more or less displaying the level of rivalry between the families - is a work in progress and will be modified as additional details are revealed about each family. This will most likely change with the seasons, too, as the families choose to either unite or fight!

For now, I kept the grades rather simple: L = liked, N = neutral, and D = disliked. As before, this is based on the family write-ups and, in part, on the crops/goods/services listed. Two families that produce the same specialized crop - such as sugarcane - are probably not in favor with each other. For the most part, I left cotton and tobacco out of this equation, since most dabble in one or the other or both. Also, for now, I made all ratings mutual, but this will most likely change as the families develop.

So, if the above chart were to hold true for the Summer of 513 AV, the Pailles, Askaras, Loraks, and Lynints would present one unified front, while the Sitais and Radackes would present another, leaving the remaining six families on their own, working to gain favor with one faction or the other...or creating a faction all their own! Perhaps the Rajors and Zulacas will team up, seeing that they are mutually disliked? How about the Morealis' who have been around for a very long time, yet do not seem to have the ability to gain as much favor as the Pailles or Askaras? Do they have it in them to bring both of these powerful families down?

Just a little something to consider as we formulate rivalries.

Happy writing,
Nick
Last edited by Banickle on May 30th, 2013, 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Words: 138636
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 12:36 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Banickle on May 15th, 2013, 11:42 pm

Okay, so over the course of the last 24 hours I have been asked three very important questions that I feel need to be discussed here in the Comments, Questions & Suggestions Thread!

Question #1. Can a PC only marry into a family or can they be related?

Question #2. Will branding work on pycons?

Question #3. When is Kenash opening?

And, here are my thoughts...

Answer #1. Initially my immediate response was, yes, marriage is the only way to become a member. But then I gave it more thought, and reasoned out the following scenario. What if a PC was related - daughter, son, cousin, etc. - but they started outside of the city for whatever reason. Upon their return to Kenash, they would have to prove their worth. After a series of trials, tasks, quests, whatever - which could last a season or two (or ten) - they would be put before their family for a vote. If they passed muster, they were in, but at a really low level. If they failed, well, let's just say it wouldn't be pretty, which would make the pretenders think twice before they went down this path.

Answer #2. Oh, pycons, you morphing masterminds you! After thinking about this for a little while, I came to this conclusion: yes and, well, no. I mean, couldn't a pycon just change its shape and hide its brand or, better yet, couldn't they alter the brand they were given and just pretend to have one from a particular family or mark themselves as freeborn? Would there be a darkening of the clay? Then this got me really thinking. What if they were the one race to have an advantage in Kenash? They could come and go as they pleased. They could spy for the families or maybe just openly work for all of the families. I...I don't know. There's something in this idea and I sort of like it. Sort of.

Answer #3. I'm thinking we're aiming for Summer 513 AV? Yes? No?

Happy writing,
Nick
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Banickle on May 16th, 2013, 12:29 am

Hi again!

So I was just standing at my sink doing dishes and a thought came to me. Yeah, I know, a dangerous thing. Anywho. What if we had a little fun with this whole "be a family member" concept? Instead of just allowing anyone and everyone to be part of whatever family they wish, whenever they wish, we could control it by posting a potential list of playable relatives and, while we are at it, available love interests.

Each season new relatives and/or bachelors and bachelorettes would be announced. The list of playable relatives would be fairly generic - an Askara aunt in her 40's, a Lorak cousin in his early 20's, and so on - giving players the ability to flesh them out as they saw fit. The list of love interests would be a bit more detailed, since most would already be NPCs, and they would be placed on the market for only a season or two.

Players would have to lay claim to a particular relative by contacting a storyteller and it would be first come, first serve. As for the love interests, well, they would be fair game, but players would have to roleplay their intent, as well as woo them and win them over with their words.

I don't know if any of this makes sense, but it sounded good at the time as I scrubbed dishes like a slave.

Kenash forever!
Nick
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Banickle on May 16th, 2013, 2:33 am

SWEET HOME ASKARA

The Askara Plantation, For Miles and Miles

The Askara Plantation, Closer to Home

Sweet Home Askara in the Spring

Sweet Home Askara in the Summer

A Guest House, Located on the Grounds

The Slave Quarters, One of Many

Interior of the Quarters

A Slave Working in the Fields

An official location write-up is a comin' soon!
Last edited by Banickle on May 16th, 2013, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gossamer on May 16th, 2013, 4:21 am

Just a heads up....

Family slots in Kenash will be limited. There will be starting package and skill requirements in order to be a family member. In addition all family members will be required to own some kind of business complete with a business plan. Family members will be required to pull their weight in their families and bring in wealth. If they do not they will be dealt with.

Slave slots will be unlimited.

Family slots will be by sign up only...when they are gone they are gone. They will be first come first served when the sign-up goes up.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Banickle on May 17th, 2013, 6:44 pm

ADYM ASKARA'S CROWSORTIUM

Adym Askara, Owner & Operator of the Crowsortium

Image Image
Tender Korvash & Tender Whisper, Bartenders at The Crow Bar & Crow's Nest

Image Image
Tender Bax & Tender Bux, Bartenders at The Cock-A-Doodle Den

Image Image
Image Image
Arrow, Barrow, Darrow & Farrow: The Crow Crew

Official location write-ups are a comin' soon!
Last edited by Banickle on May 23rd, 2013, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Aramenta on May 22nd, 2013, 11:30 pm

I don't think I've seen it anywhere, but with the rural nature of the place, Marronage Camps would be very interesting. To provide a little history, Maroons were slaves that escaped fromt heir masters and formed semi-organized communities living in the wildlands outside of their estates - in Haiti, for instance, they lived in the mountains, or in Panama, in the Jungles. The Marronage camps of Brazil, in the north, if my history serves me, were only integrated into the country in the 20th century, and the ones in Panama grew sufficiently powerful as to challenge the Spanish for control at one time. The 'King of th eMaroons' there was only killed when the Spanish signe d a treaty to share control of the nation, got him drunk, and murdered him - don't have to respect contracts with a slave anyway, you know. The Maroons in Haiti were also an important part of the revolution there.
Aramenta
Player

Words: 190871
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2013, 11:50 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on May 23rd, 2013, 12:33 am

We were discussing this a lot in chat, so I wanted to put it up here! The topic was.. holidays! Well.... balls in particular. Apparently Ban was coming up with something for Fall, but we thought it would be a cool thing if there was some kind of Masquerade every season. You know Kenashians and their parties!

So I thought that there was a theme for each ball for every season. So Fall had some kind of halloweeny/disguise thing, Winter might be VERY formal and stuff. Harsh and cold, like the season itself. Maybe Summer would be a little more casual, and Spring... flowers. Have slaves gather lots and lots of flowers. Flowers in hair, flowers on clothes... clothes as flowers? Flowery season.

One other thing. Murders! During these parties, people probably arranged quite a few murders. For political reasons of course. Or a city-wide scandal, where... the head of a family's 1 000gm dress is ruined!

Anyways, just my thoughts! Any opinions welcome, especially on the themes.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Aramenta on May 23rd, 2013, 12:48 am

Aside from the nice, pretty balls, it would be interesting to have something analogous to the Quadroon Balls and the system of Placage in old New Orleans. These were wild parties where mulatto women were picked up by white men for 'Placage' a system of non-legally binding common law marriage. Better described, usually as being a mistress. Marie LAveau of New Orleans Vodoo fame was a Placage baby, for example. Might be an interesting way to play the intercconection between slave, freeman, and master.
Aramenta
Player

Words: 190871
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2013, 11:50 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Banickle on May 23rd, 2013, 1:25 am

PC REQUEST TRACKER:
FAMILY MEMBERS

DYNASTY1st PC Request2nd PC Request 3rd PC Request 4th PC Request 5th PC Request
Paille-- - - -
KonrathJ'aqil- - - -
AskaraAdair- - - -
SitaiJael- - - -
Lorak-- - - -
DraerCoralinJohnathan - - -
MorealisRowanAlexis Katherine Athus -
Radacke-- - - -
LynintAdrienna- - - -
Rajor-- - - -
Ackina-- - - -
Zulaca -- - - -
Last edited by Banickle on May 23rd, 2013, 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

PreviousNext