Kenash's Comments Questions & Suggestions Thread

Please feel free to pop in and make suggestions or ask questions. Comments are always welcome.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is Kenash's development forum. Please feel free to post your ideas and suggestions as well as join in any discussions that are currently ongoing.

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Gossamer on May 3rd, 2013, 6:21 pm

The word Banickle is the new Mizahar equivalent of "Awesome". Henceforth I will now say something is Banickle whenever awesome is appropriate
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Banickle on May 4th, 2013, 5:53 pm

Well, ya certainly know how to make a girl, er, guy feel real special.
It was my pleasure and I look forward to contributing many more bantastic things in the future!
Long live Kenash!
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Words: 138636
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 12:36 am
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Tinnok on May 9th, 2013, 4:05 am

Woo!
Last edited by Tinnok on May 13th, 2013, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Words: 878542
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 5:27 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on May 12th, 2013, 8:38 pm

Hi Folks!

I need a big favor of you. I have all the Perk Points and most of the locations up and posted for Kenash (or will have by tonight) that are current in the suggestion box. At that point I want to go through and delete things that are already posted as 'finished' projects. I have Swamp Perk points calculated too... on everything BUT critters.

Critters are going to be a while in development because I have some ideas for how to do them specific and uniform ways. Since they will be sitting a while, can I get all of you to MOVE your critters over to the :

Kenash Critter Corner Development Thread for storage and rumination until we are ready for them?

Then can you delete your posts here that had critters in them? I'd like to keep them all in the same place!

Thank you so much!

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on May 13th, 2013, 2:30 am

Banickle, is it possible to add two more symbols into the Dynasty Symbol submission? I accepted your version of Askara and Wrenmae's rewrite of the Nuit family so they are good to go. Otherwise I'd add them right now, but we're short the two families I think.

BTW have I told you lately how Banickle the Symbols look?
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Banickle on May 13th, 2013, 3:38 am

Done and done! I updated the post to include the last two. I cannot tell you how excited I am that the Askara Family made the cut.
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Words: 138636
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 12:36 am
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Wrenmae on May 13th, 2013, 4:18 am

I have a question.

Obviously Kenash is a land of have's and have not's...so how does seasonal expenses factor in? I'd assume the slaves have their food and lodging provided...they're just slaves

And the family would have the family home and all the opulence that comes with the family name...so in PC's that have a home in Kenash, how would seasonal expenses be understood?

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on May 13th, 2013, 4:30 am

I'm not a fan of ever forgoing seasonal expenses ie living expenses except in the instance of slavery. Slaves get their expenses paid by their masters. If anyone in Kenash owns specifically anyone else, they will have to pay that slaves living expenses at the impoverished level at least. If that slave lives better, then they get to pay those expenses at whatever level they keep their slaves at.

The plantationlings will have to pay their own living expenses. They will have to have a job, skills, etc or their families will get rid of them - usually a sibling offs them for being worthless. But the difference is they don't get paid for their job - mostly of which are managerial roles - specifically. They get a family stipend that will depend on their skill level of their job skill. If they are business managers, for example, they must get paid based on the salary of the job. They do however get to keep their starting cash - much like a knight - and are provided housing within the plantation. Their food and drink comes from there as well. But again, living expenses are about lifestyles. So they need to skill up accordingly.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Wrenmae on May 13th, 2013, 4:32 am

Excellent.

Thanks for the explanation!

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on May 13th, 2013, 5:37 pm

Just a friendly reminder.... please HOST all images on Mizahar. I spent hours transfering images over to Miza that people posted from inferior sites (lol I'm such a Miza snob!) like photobucket etc. I will be deleting posts that are installed in the main forum in a day or two. If you have already moved your critters over, and cannot delete your posts, please just blank them out so I know I can delete them without switching tabs to keep checking if you reposted in the critter forum. I want the suggestion thread cleaned out of everything but the inspirational postings and idea storyseed postings.

I have some new locations also posted in It's a Swamp Thing that need to be developed. Just some ideas I want see born to fruition in the city. Its a hard balance between wet flooded city of swamp and elegant bored rich kids. I want to maintain a harsh line between the haves and the have nots.

The haves get posh locations with no have nots allowed. While the have nots get dumpy locations like seedy bars that the haves can invade at any time.

As a note to myself, the Magistrate system in Kenash is going to be a roatating one. Each season gets a new magistrate appointed by a family who's turn it is to control the city and uphold the law. Each Magistrate will announce new laws to keep the city hopping. Their arm of enforcement will depend on the Family's hired thugs and guards to keep the peace. So between one season and the next, Kenash can change drastically. Who knows what sort of declarations will be made. The wealthy will often make declarations that the slaves must uphold no matter how tasteless or tacky. This should keep the city hopping.

The Travelers Center is going to be designed so its a one stop 'keep them contained' place for the caravan folks to shelter and shop while they are in Kenash. Travelers and freeborn can wander the city, but they tend to cause problems to the established norm so the families like these folks all in one place... get their coin, kick them out! There will be kiosk type vendors within, housing with real beds, a bath house, etc within the complex. Outside the complex will be shelters for animals, wagon parking/storages, and everything the traveler needs.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext