[Zivilist's Scrapbook] Creepy Violent Hugger's Domain

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Zivilist Gott on November 26th, 2012, 11:57 am

Hello one and all to my Scrapbook, decided to finally make one and so here we are.

First off I'd like to share with you all an Image a friend drew for me, its one of a character I had on another site.

Wouldn't want him near you, bastard never stops smiling and I think the Joker is his cousin....

This particular character was one of my favorites on that site and one of the most interesting concepts when I think of 'evil' characters. If it isn't quite obvious this bloke is a doctor with a pair of combat knives, smiling maniacally as he stands there with his face hidden with a bloodied doctors coat.

I'm sure all, if not most, of you fear the idea of a doctor using his life-saving knowledge in fiendish acts, such as finding ways to kill you quickly, easily or bloodily for that matter, and if he happened to dwell into other related sciences he could use it for godsforsaken research that would make your blood curl. I always liked those kind of characters but of course would dread meeting one in real life, because sadly such doctors do exist or at least those with enough medical knowledge they can rival one and aren't bound to some oath.

but enough about him, lets move on the my egotistical self!

1. Name: Mohammed Abualsaud
2. Age: 20
3. Gender:Male
4. Status: Single, come and get me ladies.....*cricket sound*....awwwwww
5. Location: Saudi Arabia, Eastern province
6. Likes: Video games, reading fiction, historical documentaries, taking walks when the weather is nice enough.
7. Dislike: discussions about religion and politics, politicians and religious figures included of course, catchy music with horrible lyrics, Crowded areas or areas with a lot of people in general.

That is all for now and hope to post another soon .
My thoughts | My Words to be heard | Words for me to hear
Zivilist Gott
Player

Words: 24555
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on December 11th, 2012, 7:52 am

Your so violent! Haha, glad to see you made one of these. Nice beginning, one that I'll definitely take note of. ;)
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Zivilist Gott on December 14th, 2012, 10:28 pm

Ziv's Weponry

Time for the second entry and what better for a guy like me then to talk about weaponry? Now I love to read up on weaponry typically used by your regular soldier, thug and all else

The Rapier

If anyone has seen or read anything about the King's Musketeers or practice fencing, then you may vaguely know what the Rapier is. The Rapier is a sword with a long thin blade, usually with only the edges near the tip sharpened, another noticeable attribute was the complex hilts . They came about during the 16th-17th century and were usually found in the hands of nobility and soldiers and were for the most part thrusting weapons, due to the fact that as armor evolved European swords and weaponry leaned towards stabbing or crushing the armor, trying to lodge the tip between the armors joints or using the impact (prime example being the warhammer) to do them in.

of course during the time the rapier came into being, full suits of armor were rarely utilized as only breastplates offered enough protection against firearms of that time, this meant that in order to make up for the lack of protection bucklers and daggers were used in the offhand to parry oncoming attacks as it was difficult to defend with the rapier (or rather, it was difficult to defend with a one handed weapon in general).

As stated before, the Rapier was primarily a thrusting weapon, however as many rapiers wear double edged closest to the tip, they could still perform some quick cuts. They could be deadly, but they would be more like be light wounds such a cut to the shoulder, cheek and forhead....of course they would still be usefull advantages against ones foe as the would be losing blood. If it were a light wound to the forehead the blood could seep down and go over one ofthe opponents eyes, forcing him to close it. A cut to the shoulder could cause him to have less of a grip on whatever weapon or sheild he is using depending on which hand was struck. To the legs would limit movements.

Of course you want to thrust for the most part, as they would deliver more damage to the opponent and make sure they lost the use of a limb entirely during the conflict or sure death.

When using the rapier you of course want to use the rapier's long blade to keep the opponent at a distance and you wouldn't want them catching your blade if they were daring enough, the rapier was sharp near the tip, to remained of the blade was as dull as sitting through a lecture. Give your foe a chance to catch then you are done for.

This is were the dagger or shield (buckler mainly,but others would of course do) while they would be used to block and parry, they could still be used for offense, the dagger to cut and stab while the shield to bash or push away.

One could countre with the Rapier, as the hand is gaurded by the complext hilt and handguard one could use the rapiers Quillons (crossbar) to lock the opponents blade while at the same thrusting their own into their foe's chest, this is of course a tricky move and if it failed meant you were dead

Scimitar

The Scimitar is one of the most iconic weapons associated with middle-eastern culture, they are curved blades that are surprisingly lighter than their most common opponent in the west, the European Longsword and Broadsword. Like all weaponry it has had many variations, the Persian Shamshir and the Turkish being well known examples.

The scimitar is a single edged weapon and unlike the rapier was used for slashing and cutting rather than thrusting, of course as with the rapier, that did not mean it could not be used. It was a favoured weapon of horseriders (infamous example was Napoleon Bonaparte, as it could heads off boidies like a knife through butter) and has been seen on the side of naval commanders as well, eventually becoming the Sabre.

Being a slashing weapon, the scimitar had to be used in quick,short cuts as to not leave themselves exposed. Being a one handed weapon it was usually accompanied by a sheild or even its own scabbard. When using nothing in the offhand the free hand would be positioned on the back of the blade as to make it easier the cut the opponent when too close. As previously mentioned, the Scimitar could still be used to stab an opponent, as the curved weapon offered a sneaky advantage when stabbing or thrusting, as it could go over the shield or 'bend' but as a broad blade it wasn't a good idea to try and stab at the joints of plated armor as it could easily break the tip, unlike the Rapier which was designed for such purposes.

Zivilist's skills with the Rapier is competent, nothing to truly brag about but he could defend himself and more.

The Scimitar is a new edition along with a few others, a complete novice at both but that will change.
My thoughts | My Words to be heard | Words for me to hear
Zivilist Gott
Player

Words: 24555
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 11:30 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kreig Messer on May 19th, 2013, 7:21 am

Hey folks. tis I the disappearing brawler... again.

Life's been busy especially uni and I don't my random disappearance to be unexpected again, So I'm putting it up here for all to see...to whoever see's it <.<.

Uni's been proving more hectic than I'd like so for the next couple of months I'll be like unavailabe to rp. I hope all who I owe a post to and likewise with any topic I've delayed carry on without me if they want.

I regret being waybehind again but I don't want to drag people down with me so I'm sorry and hopefully I'll see you all in perhaps a couple of months, have a nice day everyone.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Fallon on May 19th, 2013, 8:15 am

Kreig... Nooooooooooooo... don't leave ussssss...!

On the plus side, it means if you come back we can throw a welcome back chat party. :D
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on July 18th, 2013, 11:12 pm

Hey folks, I may be gone for the next few days as one of the Uni's pulled a stunt that's quite short notice. Essentially I'll be busy for travel preparations and other such things due to the inconvenient nature of this notice. I'll perhaps not be able to post till the 21st-22nd of this month.

So I hope my dear threading partners I hope you be extra patient with me these coming few days. Hope you all have a nice day and are enjoying your summer.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Kreig Messer on January 28th, 2014, 7:44 pm

Seems like a good time that I should post here.

Welp, with recent threads I've been doing and chat; I think it wise that I should speak about a weapon that I rather like but feel difficult to pull off proper. That Weapon being;

The Crossbow:

The Crossbow is a weapon that's quite ancient, obviously not as ancient as the bow but still rich in history, especially in Medieval Europe where armies trained many of their soldiers with the use of such a weapon. It was quite powerful, having usually twice the power of a regular bow and further range as well. In fact; at closer ranges it could pierce plate male, which made the nobility fear it since peasants who had a grudge against them had a way to stick it up their hindquarters, nasty business that. If I'm not mistaken, even the church had banned its use along with the bow against christians and such, although not all heeded it of course, in fact I'm rather certain very view followed it anyway after the passing of a few decades.

Indeed, it was quite a powerful weapon and simple to use. Its benefits were its power and ease of use. Soldiers needed only a week or so to be skilled at this weapon, which contrasted with bows. Bow's being that they needed the archer to still hold the string as they aimed, aim too long and their arms quickly tire and their aim may falter, on the otherhand, a Crossbow's string would be attached to a nutt that kept in place, requiring the user to simply aim down the sight without trouble.

In fact, the Crossbow was so simple to use that a soldier geared with it is worth much less than the actual equipment, after all, whats there to simply point and shoot?.

However, with the good points, naturallycame the bad. The Crossbow's 'bow' was smaller than regular bows, meaning its limbs can't produce the necessary power as it is pulled back. To solve that, the bow string needed a larger draw weight that was double or triple than that of a bow. for those of you don't know what a draw weight means... it basically translate that the string was much more difficult to pull, often necessitating two hands or special devices. This resulted in the weapon having a much slower rate of fire than that of, a long bowman could perhaps fire ten arrows in a minute whilst the crossbowman would perhaps fire only 3 to 5.

A modern comparison with weapons based on ancient designs showed that a crossbow with a similar draw weight of a longbow could fire 6 bolts to the longbows 10 in that same duration. Crossbows of the older time could have a draw weight of 300 lbs, so imagine the fun they had when reloading the thing.

Next issue was that the weapon was costly and harder to maintain, as the crossbow was a machine, it had moving parts that made up its construction

Which is the reason why it cost so much more than the men behind it, naturally this meant the weapon wasn't easy to maintain.

Of course, the weapon was still quite popular regardless, and many attempts to mitigate its rate of fire were made. Whilst it didn't quite lessen the load time by much, it made the weapon easier to use as a child or elder could use the weapon with such devices...naturally it upped the cost but as any soldier would tell you 'Whatever makes the fight easier, we'll take it'

All in all, the Crossbow is an effective weapon and excelled in situations that a regular bow would have trouble with. Whilst a bow excelled in different situations as well, especially with its higher rate of fire, making it still popular despite the time it took to train with one.
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Kreig Messer on October 7th, 2014, 5:30 pm

Daggers

Ahhhh Daggers, one of the ol' reliables amongst a large selections of weapons and one with many variations and designs throughout history. The Dagger is one of mankind's very first weapons, at first being made of bone or stone then advanced to bronze, iron and ultimately steel and polymers. In fiction and in life the dagger has been associated as the either the weapons of thieves and assassins or the old standby for warriors and soldiers to this day.

Now the dagger is a tiny thing, its length could range could reach just above the wrist, half a man's arm and some could be long enough that they tread on being short swords. Most designs are double-edged, with few such as the Japanese Tanto having a single edge. Most daggers also ended at a sharp point and also usually future a cross guard to protect the hands.

Now the dagger has played a prominent role in combat for millennia, first as the precursor to swords to being an offhand weapon alongside others and subsequently a fall back weapon. In close-combat it was often mixed with unarmed moves as there wasn't much one could to actually block at such a range without redirecting the hand holding the weapon unless they had say a shield or another dagger. As an offhand weapon it was very much used defensively to parry blows but also to exploit other oppenings their main weapon currently cannot reach or was simply too close to be of actual use or simply not reliable enough to deliver a lethal blow at such close distance. As a fall back weapon it was often used by ranged combatants as a fallback weapon, as it was small enough not to encumbre them whilst they carried their bow and arrows, or in modern times guns and bullets.

The dagger has also played large roles in assassination and thievery, as it was a small enough weapon to conceal beneath ones clothe and light enough not to hinder movement. The thought of having your throat slit from behind is a terrifying one, though perhaps a mercy if you don't see it coming. The Dagger was often thrown as well, though most usually had a spare dagger or used throwing variants, wouldn't want to actually lose the weapon now, right?

Now enough of writing it like its a poorly written essay and lets get into what I think of the dagger itself. Now to me, the dagger is one of the most terrifying weapons in existance, in my head when I think of something that would represent the darker natures of war and politics I think of the dagger. I mean come on, daggers were used to assassinate leaders and other people of high-influence, its one of the things you often associate with serial killers and thugs and when you think of badass assassins you know that they more than likely they have a wicked looking dagger that says 'die' all over it.

On the lighter side of things though its also something you imagine soldiers with, a trusty ol' dagger to use when a pistol and rifle are just too loud or messy to use. You probably even imagine cowboys or hunters with it as their 'big knife' which actually leads me to something....

You see, daggers are just a category of knives, but its usually differentiated from them as having double-edges whilst knives have single edges. Of course that doesn't really prevent someone from making the mistake of mixing them up, especially since armies now a days have 'combat knives' that look like daggers and vice versa. Amusingly enough 'combat knives' are just another classification of knives, so it can get really confusing if your too focused on whether the weapon in question is a dagger or a knife.

As I am with many weapons I'm quite facinated with daggers, admittedly and this would perhaps sound psycho but often enough I often sneak out of the knives from our kitchen primarily because it looks like its more of weapon than a kitchen. I usually set up an empty box to use as a target for knife throwing and so far I seem to have the knack for it.
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal