Talk of Love [Nira]

Ball talks to Nira about his feelings

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Talk of Love [Nira]

Postby Ball on February 11th, 2013, 3:35 pm

46th of Winter 512AV

Ball's dog was resting quietly on the small pillow that the pycon took from the bed for him, it was breathing softly and one could actually see that he was actually sleeping, not just resting... The owner of the dog was sitting on the small window ledge, two of it's tentacles were curled around the sill to keep him anchored in place, his other two tentacles were suctioned to the window pane before him, the mouth was faced towards the outside world.

The rain was coming down in a soft drizzle, nothing too drastic, there was no loud noises to accompany it. It was a cool day, compared to the sweltering heat Ball would've expected in a place like Mura. But one look at the small clay being and anyone could tell he may physically be sitting there, but his thoughts were off elsewhere.

Other Pycon said I could see her again. Then she... What did she do? Ball seemed confused at his thoughts and then took a deep breath as he refocused and tried to analyze his thoughts once more.

First... I tripped and... Caught my balance on Other Pycon. I thought I did something wrong, but instead I did something... Right? Okay? Doesn't matter, she liked it apparently... Then she. What did she do next? She... Squeezed my arm? He lifted one of the tentacles from the window pane, it came off with a popping noise as suction was forced to release. The upper part of his body twisted some to look at the tentacle, it rounded slightly to become a stub and then reformed as a tentacle. Ball slapped it against the wall again, suctioning it to the glass once again.

Then she... He paused, not sure what to describe what she did... She touched the top of my being with her mouth... It felt... He paused, his body taking on a soft reddish hue to it's brown coloration.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Talk of Love [Nira]

Postby Nira'lia on February 13th, 2013, 6:13 pm

Nira’lia had always liked fried seaweed. It was one of the snacks that her mother liked to prepare ever since she was a kid. She enjoyed the naturally salty taste of it, and consequently, she was snacking on it as she made her way towards the inn.

This wasn’t a good day for Nira’lia, and even the weather made it more depressing. Some realizations had been made, some important decisions finally accomplished. However, she didn’t have any one to talk to about this. She was in the isle of her sisters, but she didn’t have any real friends, they were mostly strangers to her.

In the end, she simply decided to see if Ball would like to spend some time with her. Nira’lia found him extremely difficult to communicate with, but at least he lightened up her mood.

“Hi, Ball!” she called out loudly as she abruptly opened the door to the room. Without much warning, she stepped in and shut the door behind her. “Want some fried seaweed?”

The Konti blinked and stood in place. The pycon’s dog was resting on the pillow; meanwhile, Ball was perched on the window, and he appeared to be deep in thought—if it was even possible to gather such a thing from a clay ball with tentacles. Nonetheless, Nira’lia could somehow feel that there was something different in the atmosphere.

“Are you waiting for someone?” asked Nira’lia. She could only assume that he was waiting for someone to appear out in the street.

Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Talk of Love [Nira]

Postby Ball on February 14th, 2013, 4:00 pm

“Nu. Tan.Ka.Yu. Tea.Ken.” ['No thank you. Thinking.'] He managed to answer both questions in one sentence. The pycon removed his tentacles from the cold window pain and pivoted towards Nira, it was a simple task for him really, but it didn't look very comfortable. He twisted his whole upper body around, leaving the tentacles that propped him on the sill in place.

Ball issued a sigh, an odd sound for someone made of clay to make as he released his other two tentacles and toppled from the sill and landed on the ground with a solid thud. No harm down it would appear as Ball straightened himself out and sort of did a weird waddling tentacle shuffle to get closer to Nira.

“Ball. Tea.Ken.Ah.Boo.Ta. Ud.Dur.Py.Con.I.Miz.Her.”['Ball thinking about other pycon. I miss her.'] He looked up at Nira'lia. “Y.I.Miz.Her?” ['Why I miss her?'] It seemed rather pitiful sounding coming from the pycon that bubbled out his speech in the garbled tongue that he calls common.

The underlying tone of the words sounded like he was pining after this 'Other Pycon'. Yet for no reason whatsoever, this was the first time Ball brought up having meet anyone else beyond the Knight, Konti, and Mage he had meet during his adventure from Syliras to the Undead Isle to here.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Talk of Love [Nira]

Postby Nira'lia on February 19th, 2013, 2:11 pm

“Oh, okay…” she said in response. Nira’lia was slightly disappointed that he didn’t want any of the snacks she had brought, but it was a silly thing to be upset with. Puzzled, she watched him jump down from the window sill and walk up to her in a funny looking way. Was he not yet accustomed to his new form?

As usual, it took her a while to finally understand what he was trying to say. She stared at him for a while, twisting the syllables, pulling them apart and putting them together, and making out the words until they made sense in her mind.

“Other pycon? You miss other pycon?” she repeated, just to be sure she had heard him correctly.

Nira’lia plopped down on the floor and shifted to a comforting position. It just seemed easier to speak to him that way. She chewed on some seaweed as she analyzed what the pycon had just told her. Was she actually being consulted for love advice? Ball was asking her why he missed a certain pycon?

She looked at him in an awkward way. This was not a conversation she had expected, nor was it one that she was pleased with. On the day after she had reluctantly decided to cut ties with a certain friend, Ball wanted to talk about missing someone.

“Do you like this other pycon?” she asked bluntly. “Perhaps that is why you miss her.”

Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Talk of Love [Nira]

Postby Ball on February 19th, 2013, 5:48 pm

Ball could only nod when Nira asked if he missed Other Pycon. It was the only thing he could do, he didn't really know how to explain that Other Pycon was Lily... A pycon just like him.

“Ly.Ka? I. Miz. Her. Sh.Ee.Wuz.Ly.Ka.Yu.Ly.Ka.Me.” ['Like? I miss her. She was like you, like me.'] He nodded, it seemed odd that he spoke about someone like that. It was obviously that Ball didn't quite understand the word 'like' in this current context, he remembers the warmth trickling through his body that he felt when she held his appendage like it was a hand, and kissed the top of his simplistically formed body at the time.

“She. Wuz. Ny.Ca. She.Wuz.Ly.Ka.Yu.She.Ha.Da.Han.Duh.Zas. An.Da.Fa.Ca.An.Da.Smy.Ill.”['She was nice. She was like you. She had hands and a face and a smile.'] The squire's words bubbled out of him, not really making much sense probably. She was like the sun gracing the world on a warm summer day... Was she why I fought that big monster? The mouth slit of Ball drooped slightly.

“I.Faw.Ta.Bah.Eg.Man.Sta.Ur.Foh.Her.”['I fought big monster for her.'] He paused for a second, “I Tea. Ink.”['I think.']

The tentacles that Ball now had wiggled a bit, not sure of his words being truth or not.

OOCI wonder how Nira's gift would work with Ball, I have read the Iggy thread were she saw his past... That was neat, makes me wonder how that would work on Ball. LOL

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Talk of Love [Nira]

Postby Traverse on June 11th, 2013, 12:44 pm

Ball

Skill XP Earned
Observation1 XP
Rhetoric 2 XP
Socialization 1 XP

Lores Earned
A Pycon Blush
What is 'like'?
Doing Something...For Someone

Nira

Skill XP Earned
Observation1 XP
Socialization 1 XP

Lores Earned
Alone on an Island of Sisters
Does Ball Have a Crush?

Additional Comments :
So a short thread, and not much to hand out, but I definitely liked where this was going. Ball has a Cruh-ush! *Ahem*

Yes, I Bite.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)