Closed Asking for Favours [Ricky]

Asking for a place to stay is a pretty big favour.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Asking for Favours [Ricky]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on June 10th, 2013, 1:09 am

2nd of Summer, 513
East Street
Late Afternoon

My, my, my, what a day it has been. Indeed, it has been exceptionally harsh for the artist. No place to stay and no place to go. It seems like good ol' Gale has a problem. One that he would not be able to sort out himself.

Although the man knew the World's End Grotto wasn't a permanent home, it never had crossed his mind how much he had really waited to find a permanent place to call home. Procrastination was a world wide enemy, and some lose their lives to the concept. The widower was lucky he only lost his room rather than something more valuable.

Sitting at his signature tree with the few possessions he had tucked away into his bag, his sketch book was in his lap and the charcoal was hacking away at the paper. At first glance, one would not make sense of the savage scribbling or the harsh dotting, but it did create a picture...Of a sort. The mad lines were jagged, forming harsh facial features in the mass of dark lines. Not a single line was curved. The horizontal shading and the vertical outlining brought together a mouth, eyes, and a nose. Eyes closed tightly, mouth raving. One could almost hear the wailing screams if they starred too long. It was almost perfect. Almost. Only if it could look more upset.

An agitated sigh whistled through his gritted teeth and Gale allowed the charcoal to slip through his fingers and land on the ground beside him. He couldn't wait any longer if he was planning on sleeping within the city tonight.Just the sheer thought of sleeping with the lurking animals made him shudder with a chill rolling down his spine. But Gale didn't know anyone who would be willing to lend a place to sleep. Well, at least people he wouldn't mind asking. There was no chance he was going to ask his father for help, despite his situation. That only left him with Ricky, for the man did not know anyone as well as he. But...

"Augh." Gale groaned and ran a hand through his thick, dark blonde hair roughly.

Why couldn't he have become a doctor or professor? Things would be so much easier if he had taken a job- a real job, rather than this freelance artist shyke. If he actually had some people he knew it would also be easier, but noooo. He chose solitude over socialization. Chose to keep to himself rather than to stick his nose in other people's business. Maybe he deserved to sleep outside for a couple of nights. At least it would show him the very same cold shoulder he had been giving to others for years.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on June 10th, 2013, 3:06 am

"Times are hard. Even I can admit to that. I remember how it was after I came home, and I'll never be forgettin' it. S'why I plan to help my friends when in need, it's the least I can do after all I went through..."

"Ye can't be serious." Ricky repeated again for the fourth time, as he carried the bag of clothes Hannah gave him. She strutted along with another pack strapped to her back, a casual smile on her face.

"I already told you blockhead, this is better for the both of us. You need that room for important-"

"So ye can stay in it!" He interrupted with a disappointed look on his face, Hannah only looked at him with raised eyebrows. Her smile never faded.

"You don't need me to be nearby to protect me you know. I can take care of myself just fine. Besides I prefer having a room at Loveless, I have a sweet disposition with Madame Zana." They stopped near a tree so she could look Ricky in the eyes before he protested again. "Plus, you need an eye and ear outside your walls, and I'm it. How else are you going to sleep at night knowing you and your beloved preggers is safe."

"I- hrm..." He lost the ability to speak then. Her point made by the assurance of her smile, Ricky could do with an informant to keep an eye out for him. Hannah had always been resourceful and proven so in the past, so of course Ricky had reason to trust her now more then ever. He rolled his eyes then sighed with a nod, reluctantly he agreed that she would do better outside of he room he provided for her. That was when something, or rather someone caught his eye.

"Good, now we can go put this in my room. I'm starving for some attention." She giggled a bit, but her smile faded as she realized Ricky failed to pay attention.

"G... Gale?!" He inquired with shock, he felt pretty sure Gale had been sitting down next to the tree. Hannah looked down to the artist curiously, eyebrows raised as the same casual smile crossed her lips.

"Oh? Friend of your's?" The red head mused as she eyed him, interested filled her eyes as she did so.

"Ricky's words.", "Ricky's thoughts.", "Telion's words.", "Hannah's words.", "Other's words."
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on June 16th, 2013, 10:10 am

The man picked up the charcoal again. Scribble, scribble, scribble. Like hacking away and a piece of Lime stone with a chisel, Gale drew profusely with his anger smothering the book. The way his entire arm moved with the charcoal and how his head followed the lines, it looked rather weird, of course. His arm looked almost like it was flailing and he was shaking his head.

Ah, he can picture it now. Having a complete break down and acting like a child as he ran and kicked and screamed through the streets. Just like some he knows. Ricky didn't rampage on the streets, but he definitely flailed and kicked and screamed. Thank the gods that his temper tantrum was simply drawing. Like he needs a reputation for having a temper when he's trying to sell his work.

Lost within the crowd of feelings tugging at his mouth, eyes, and heart, no heed was paid to the people walking around him, on their way home from long day of work. Or whatever they were doing all day. These days you never know. While some people worked their tails off for even some food, others just lazily toss Mizas here and there and don't do shyke. Why is that? Some people are simply too exhausted to say a word to their family and friends after their day while others are just able to boast,"G-Gale?!"

Turning around was a difficult task when you were trying to look decent and not like you were boiling with anger. But Gale managed to plop the piece of charcoal down and turn around, looking up at the bear and his companion with his green eyes,"Richard," was all that came out of the artist's mouth in fear that something would be said that he wouldn't mean. The last thing Gale needed was to upset one of his only friends. One that was actually able to help him. If they would take him that is.

But with a glance given to the woman standing next to him, the dark blonde was unable to take his eyes off her. It was as if her head had no hair but simple strands of flame. Naturally Gale’s gaze lowered. Her eyes were like ice cubes. Her body was fit enough to spare for two woman. "Who is this?" Although his face was blank, unable to fully pull any real expression onto it, there was only one word that Gale was even able to comprehend.
Damn.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on June 17th, 2013, 9:29 pm

"Richard? Now that is one I'll have to remember." Hannah mused with a giggle as she looked up to Ricky, who only looked down to Gale with a confused expression.

"This be Hannah, a friend o' mine I met last season. Hannah, this is Gale." He introduced the two as formalities usually called, Hannah actually cared little about formalities of course.

"I noticed," she teased with a playfull look, "he's got a cute look about him you know." She giggled with a wink to Gale, then turned to Ricky once more. "I'll be taking my stuff now, judging by that look on your face you two have quite a bit to catch up on." She held a hand out and made the gimme gesture with her fingers, and Ricky sighed as he gave up and handed over her things. "Lovely. I'll be seeing you around Ricky," she looked down to Gale with a flirtatious grin, "nice meeting you Gale." She mused with a giggle as she strutted onward, leaving the two to watch as she went further down the street.

Ricky then looked down to Gale and held a hand out to pull the artist up, "How ya been mate? Ye look a lil' like shyke." He joked to Gale with a warm hearty chuckle, the last the two saw one another was in winter before the new year. Compared to then Ricky must look like a new man to Gale now the two saw one another. "Been busy a lot? Ya sure won't believe what's been happenin' with me." He mused with his arms crossed, after Gale would finally be standing on his feet.

"Ricky's words.", "Ricky's thoughts.", "Telion's words.", "Hannah's words.", "Other's words."
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on June 27th, 2013, 7:06 pm

She acted like she never heard anyone call him Richard before. That seemed rather strange. He couldn't be the only one in Zeltiva that called him that, could he? It wasn't as if he called him Ricardo or Richardson. Though that would be funny, he had to admit. Richardson.

Tucking the name in the back of his mind for later, Gale briefly looked at the ground at Hannah's compliment. At least he thought it was a compliment. You can never tell these days. With sarcasm becoming its own language, it was almost impossible to tell if someone was being genuine or not. Especially when they added a wink and giggle afterwards. With a tint of pink on his cheeks from the thought, the man managed to force out a,”Pleasure to meet you as well,” before looking back up at the bear he hadn’t seen in ages. At least that was what it felt like.

Dismissing Ricky’s hand, his blue eyes looked cold as they glared at him, as if he was the very man who had caused this flustering event. Hopefully Ricky didn’t take it to heart. ”What a wonderful compliment. Just what I wanted to hear.” Ricky’s comment was obviously a tease, unlike Hannah’s mysterious way of speaking, but nevertheless, he wasn’t in any mood for playing games. ”Really? What have you been doing? Drinking your dog out of your mind?”

That was stupid. You shouldn’t have said that, Gale. There were dozens of things you could have said, Gale, but no. You decided to talk about the dead dog. The damn dead dog, Gale. You are so very smart. What would the word do without you?

With a groan and a roll of his eyes, the dark blonde swung back around and let his head hit the bark with a soft thud. ”Apologies. It slipped out, I did not mean it. “ His thin hands slid over his face in embarrassment.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on June 28th, 2013, 8:14 am

""Ricky's friendly smile seemed to droop as Gale rejected the hand Ricky held for him, a bit thrown off at how Gale seemed put off at his own comment. "Guess now's not the best time to tease a good ol' friend." He figured with hands at his hips now, as he listened to Gale remark about his old drinking habit. It actually hurt Ricky inside that Gale would say such a thing when he knew, especially him out of everyone else, just how devastated he wad to lose his only brother. Ricky almost wanted to retaliate at such a bitter thing, but he held his composure together as Gale seemed to correct himself before his friend. It put a loose smile on Ricky's face as he felt his tension ease a bit, he hadn't expected such a comment get the better of him like that much less be able to take it so well. Gale was or once actually lucky in a sense, were the comment to slip out when Ricky still coped with his loss, the guard would've surely lost it and snapped on his friend in a bitter rage.

"S'okay mate. Ye're in a bad mood right now. I can see that." He pointed out with a friendly nod, humble attitude towards the old friend just like in the past. "I was in a dark place at the time, I'm not ashamed to admit that now of course. But I've gotten better Gale, I've my own place now. A home with Telion, ya remember her right?" He crooked his head over at his inquiry to Gale's memory, rather hopeful the artist remembered the woman that knocked on Ricky's door at the inn. "She and I are together now, and we've a little one on the way too." He crossed his arms with a bigger smile on his face, joyful pride in sharing the news with Gale. He was indeed on the path to become a parent, and indeed it was an exciting transition to go through with each day that passed.

"I wonder what's gotten the man in a sour mood." He did notice that Gale seemed rather irriated about something, the tone of voice and attitude gave a rather insightful hint no doubt. "What've ye been up to yer self? Has somethin' been eatin' ya away lately, or ye just not in a good mood today?" Another inquiry to follow as he showed a bit of interest and concern for his old friend. Ricky would remain at ease when Gale responded, mind open as he processed everything the artist would tell him.

Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on June 30th, 2013, 1:26 am

You're in a bad mood, Gale. T'is alright. He can see that. As a matter of fact, everyone could see that, Gale. You look like a glass bottle that is going to shatter any minute. Of course he could see that you're upset.

The artist bit the inside of his cheek as Ricky brought up the memory of the woman who ferociously pounded on Ricky's door. No to mention blowing up in his face for calling him Richard. She was an interesting choice to stay with, he had to admit. But a place to stay was a place to stay. Only if he had one.

The thought completely vanished. Shock slapped Gale across the face, he unable to say or do anything but look like a complete idiot with eyes wide open. The message traveled through his chest before reaching his brain, resulting in his heart to skip. The widower's body zipped around and looked up at the man, his entire body screaming 'dumbfounded'.

"What?" Excitement nipped at his heels as Gale stood to his feet and looked at Ricky with surprise poking his eyebrows. Interrupting the bear's sentence, he questioned,"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. You're going to be a father?!"

It was almost as if the news were about his child and not Ricky's. The thought was definitely an enlightening one, but also brought jealousy to the scene. Despite of all of Gale's dislikes for people and animals, the desire for kids of his own remained all throughout his life. Of course, it didn't make the news any less exciting, if anything, the man was overjoyed to hear that a dear friend would become a father. But jealousy has a way at stirring up any anger you had in you. It was odd feeling bitterness and anger towards one thing then feeling joy and excitement for another. It was confusion, clutter. The mixture of the two made Gale feel sick to his stomach, but the artist did the best he could to push his dilemma aside for the time being.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on July 1st, 2013, 7:20 pm

Gales surprise and interruption should only have been something Ricky could've expected, the two really hadn't seen each other since winter after all. Yet his reaction just made Ricky laugh a bit at how surprised and excited he really was, a bit more enthusiastic then what the guard believed would be when he told Gale. "Yeah mate, I'll be a dad in the sometime in the near future. A bit sooner then I planned but I'm joyful 'bout it nonetheless, since it's with the one woman I love." He still had his arms crossed as he spoke, a genuine smile on his face as though he were the happiest man in Zeltiva. How he had gotten here could've been a big mystery after seeing the nature of his coping with Odis, but the events that happened in Spring somehow were just so... dynamic. Everything happened quickly and more so continuously that he hardly the time to use his head, but at the end of it all he found that the one he fell in love with had truly been by his side for the most important part of his life.

"A lot of shykes happened in Spring mate, and Summer is no doubt goin' to be pretty eventful as well. I'm a changed man compared to last time we spoke, I've been pullin' me arse into gear so I can take care o' me family." He explained with a nod as his hands went to rest on his hips. "Tell me now, what's gotten ya tightened up like a clam?" He inquired from Gale once more with a raised eyebrow, he wasn't going to let the fact his friend was in a bad mood be ignored. If he could help Gale with any problems he might have, he would most certainly see that they're taken care of should they be in his power. Ricky did after all consider Gale a close friend thus began to take more responsibility now that he was becoming a father, so naturally Ricky felt evermore protective plus inclined to help out a friend in need.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on July 7th, 2013, 11:25 pm

With an open mouthed smile, Gale couldn't help but shake his head and place his hands on his hips with astonishment. Questions bubbled up in his mind like crashing waves but the man decided against it. At a later date. "I bet you are. Congratulations, lad! It is a big responsibility but I have no doubt you will be a great father." The artist chuckled and nudged the sailor's arm playfully.

Gale would have never guessed the mother was Telion, mainly from the fact he only met her once. Nevertheless, he hoped Ricky cherished her like life itself. The gods know he didn't. There is a difference between loving someone and cherishing them and that lesson should never be learned the hard way. Especially for someone who was expecting a family. All one can do is hope that nothing happens to end the family before it even started.

"At least Odis is not still dragging you down. It is hard to take care of something when another is dragging you down." The blonde looked at the ground briefly with hesitation but continued, returning his blue gaze upon the beast of a man. "Being able to overcome things like that is a good quality to have, and you definitely have it. I admire that."

There, he said it. Though the statement didn't scream 'envy' and would more than likely just be taken as a compliment, to Gale, it was implied. It appeared to the murderer that Ricky was the star citizen, the good example, that person everyone everyone wanted to be. At least he wished he was. The bear made a clear point he could handle things much better then he can, despite their ages. Of course the widower knew that people grew at different rates and go through different experiences, but...it was almost insulting that someone six years younger than him handled the same type devastating experience with flying colours while all he could do was snap at people who even attempted to brush the subject. Then again, it was a dog. Unless Ricky got married to the dog and Gale wasn't aware of it, then it was different by the slightest of margins. Having your wif-

"Huh?" Gale blinked and took a tick to comprehend his question. Having utterly spaced out, the man had to shake his head again to focus onto the current situation.

Nonetheless, the question was like anger dropping an anvil on his foot. The Zeltivan's eyebrows furrowed again and an exasperated sigh let loose through the air. Shoving his hands in his pocket and letting his eyes trail along the ground, he mumbled irritatedly,"Seeing as you will not let it go..." Within the pause, Gale felt like he was about to rain on Ricky's parade. With a deep breath, the man looked at him once more,"I got kicked out of The Grotto."
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on July 10th, 2013, 5:36 am

"Heh, thanks mate." Ricky's smile became all the more genuine when Gale complimented his being a father, the Guard could only hope to live up to all this expectation everyone had for him. It wasn't that they all expected the best out of him, but the fact they held such confidence in their opinion that he really felt like he could be a good father. Maybe even a great one like he's been told he would, but he could only hope to live up to such an amazing thing. Still to see and believe that his friends held him with such high regard, it gave Ricky the strength he needed to be the guardian he wanted to be. As Gale finally seem to return to the present world and answer the question Ricky had, the joyful mood seemed to slightly lessen as the news the guard heard came at a bit of a disappointment. Not in Gale, but that he had come to have no place to stay now. Zeltiva was in fact very finicky with people staying out on the streets, thus when Gale told him about being kicked out he could only feel more than sympathy for the artist.

"So ya been booted out and need a place to stay now." Ricky brought a finger and thumb up to his chin as he stroked his beard thoughtfully, consideration in order for the now empty spare bedroom he had since Hannah decided she wanted to move out. "I'll admit this may seem strange, since yer the older of us two," he teased the artist with a chuckle, a hand on his shoulder now as Ricky presented a hearty smile, "perhaps ya should stay in the spare room Tel and I own since Hannah moved out. It'll give ya a place to rest yer head while gettin' back on yer feet." He enthused to Gale with a nod, eyes glinted with that genuine hope he somehow managed to regain after his dark period. After everything Ricky had experienced he had come to learn that love for those that he cared for was what made him even stronger, thus the guard was no longer afraid to show this love to those who knew him well enough to know he actually cared. Gale no doubt knew just how strongly Ricky did care, being one of the few who was around just before the loss of a dear companion.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next