It's been a while

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

It's been a while

Postby Alenias on June 20th, 2013, 5:37 pm

Though it feels somewhat small after having been gone... for a very long time, I would like to start by apologizing to all those I left in a lurch with my sudden and prolonged absence. To anyone who was involved with me on stories with Alenias, Jaelyn, Nisana, Quelen, Yanessa, and especially Archon I am very sorry for pretty much disappearing without any word or explanation. It was not my intention to cause problems for any of you, though I realize I did.

Thanks to Verilian I've found my way back to Mizahar, and meandering around has reminded me of a lot of good memories I have here. I would like to join back in, but realize it's no simple thing to just bring characters back after suddenly vanishing for over a year. My question to those of you who might remember me is; would it be worth it to revive some of my characters, or should I just wipe the slate clean and start fresh?
Alenias
Naive Thief

Words: 97478
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

It's been a while

Postby Inayl on June 20th, 2013, 5:56 pm

I shouldn't be answering this, because I didn't know your characters ... heck, I just started playing days ago :(

But as someone who likes reading and writing, I feel it would be ... regrettable, to just abandon characters:
You created them, gave them purpose and meaning in life... you wrote their stories, and to let them die off, like old dogs, would be sad... and mean...

I'll repeat: I'm in no position to answer this question, being a noob and all, I'm just giving my opinion, as a fellow RP'er.
Inayl
Player

Words: 21154
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2013, 11:16 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

It's been a while

Postby Poison on June 20th, 2013, 6:45 pm

Welcome back!

I still remember Jaelyn and Nisana. My squire Lucas and your Jaelyn were in Syliras together, and your Nisana was in Kalinor. I’m still the DS of Kalinor, and the city is more active than ever before. It’s gotten a lot of new PCs recently.

If you decide to bring Nisana back, I will help you get reacquainted with Kalinor and Mizahar as well. It would definitely be worth it. Both Nisana and Jaelyn were great PCs. I'd love to RP with you again.

I also wouldn’t be too concerned about the long break.

People take breaks all the time.
Poison
DS of Kalinor

Words: 432701
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2011, 7:28 pm
Race: Staff account
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

It's been a while

Postby Irriari on June 20th, 2013, 6:50 pm

Aleniassss! I remember you! I'm super happy I turned in the thread for grading, so that you would be re-reminded of Miz.

I think it's up to you which PCs you'd like to play (or whether you'd like to start anew). I came back after I left in late 2011, and I was welcomed back with open arms. Other than making up a story as to where my PC was for all those seasons, it really wasn't that hard getting into the groove of things. If you do bring back Alenias and she's still in Ravok, I'd love to thread with you again :D

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

It's been a while

Postby Verilian on June 20th, 2013, 6:51 pm

I would be happy to see you return. And besides the difficulty of just gettnig back into the came, technically speaking it's easy to bring back a character. You just start posting again. You don't have to pay any mizas for any of the seasons you were absent in, so that's not a concern, and you can just come up with some vague reason (or complex, if you prefer) why your character has been gone all this time.

You already know I'm a fan of Alenias, so naturally I'd love to see her make a comeback. But even if you don't start playing her again, welcome back to Mizahar!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

It's been a while

Postby Alenias on June 20th, 2013, 7:36 pm

Inayl: Thanks for your post and sharing your thoughts. For the most part I agree with you, but when key points are missing from the character's story and can't really be replaced, I think those are times it's more a mercy to just let the character fade away. :)

Poison: It's nice to see you still around! Thank you for the kind words, I really enjoyed writing with you too. I might take you up on that offer once I've finished readjusting and figuring out what to do. :)

Irriari: I'm glad you submitted that thread too! I'll definitely keep you in mind if I get Alenias back up and running, or even just have a different character stop by Ravok. :)

Verilian: Thank you so very much for the message about Alenias you put in your grading, seeing that my character was enjoyed and missed was really heartwarming, and thank you for the information. If I do bring Alenias back you'll be the first to know, promptly followed by Irriari. :)

Again, thank you all for the kind words and responses. It might sound silly, but it's really uplifting to know that there are people who enjoyed my writing and characters. Time for me to go brush up on some details and figure out what to do! :)
Alenias
Naive Thief

Words: 97478
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets