Closed Purchasing a Room

Marcus purchases an apartment from the NHC

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Purchasing a Room

Postby Marcus Ahysen on June 12th, 2013, 8:54 pm

Timestamp: 1st of Summer, 513 AV

His lease was up, and he could finally leave the hellhole of a place he had been renting. In truth, it wasn't all that bad, but Marcus was used to a more luxurious lifestyle. He hated the room he had been renting, out of necessity for his mission. He knew his job would often call upon such things from him, especially if he began going on missions to other cities, but that did not mean he had to like it. It had taught him a lesson, though. Paying such a low price for a home was beneficial. It allowed him to save his money, something Marcus had been terrible at before. He reasoned that if he wanted to, he could even purchase an apartment permanently, and then in the seasons to come he would be able to save all of his money, allowing him to buy a home more worthy of his status all that much quicker.

Marcus used to rent out a small suite in one of the NHC complexes, but he soon realized that he could not afford his apartment while also maintaining a comfortable lifestyle. He could easily afford to purchase a single room, however, and save the rest of his money. And so, Marcus decided to do just that.

Heading down to the NHC offices, Marcus brought his Mizas with him. When he arrived there was a short line, but Marcus was patient and he waited until it was his turn. When it finally was, he greeted the clerk with a smile.

"I would like to purchase an apartment."

"Alright, that'll be two hundred and forty GM for the-"

"No, I said purchase, not rent. I want a permanent room, one of the ones with a balcony."

"Ah, well.. in that case, let me see what we have avai-"

"And I want one in the Noble district, near a canal leading to the temple."

"Oh, well, sir.. we don't usually.."

Marcus shot her a look, making sure his Black Sun crest was fully visible. He knew what he wanted, and he wasn't afraid to use his status to get it. Any apartment could be sold, that was how it worked, and if he wanted one in the noble district, that is what he was going to get.

"I am an agent of the Black Sun, and I need my apartment to be near the temple. Understand?"

The woman nodded, drawing up the proper paperwork in a hurried fashion. When it was all ready and signed by Marcus, he handed over the bag of mizas. Five hundred gold mizas, the price of purchasing a permanent room from the Nitrozian Housing Commission. It would be his until he sold it back to the NHC, or died, in which case the NHC would still get it back. Marcus was given the key, and that was the end of it. Key in hand, Marcus left the office and went to see his new apartment. He would have to have his belongings brought out from storage, but that could be taken care of later. For the time being, he was happy with his purchase, and could move on to whatever else he needed to do that day.
Marcus Ahysen
Player

Words: 119215
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 10:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Purchasing a Room

Postby Stardust on June 24th, 2013, 3:42 am

Marcus Ahysen

Skill XP Earned
Persuasion 1
Rhetoric 1

Lores Earned
Purchasing An Apartment
Using One's Status

Dream On

As requested, hope this works! :)

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
Stardust
A Loophole in Limbo

Words: 89537
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2013, 3:49 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)