Closed A Day at the Docks [Gale]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Day at the Docks [Gale]

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on July 20th, 2013, 12:04 am

She stumbled back and nearly fell, hopping on one foot and windmilling her arms. She hadn't expected him to shove her away.

"Of course I know what limits are... I just thought you'd need a hug! Sorry about the space thing, though."

Kendhl turned her gaze away and rubbed one arm. She didn't mean to make him uncomfortable. The glare she recieved brought a flushed her face bright red, and she felt sorry and embarassed. The girl knew he was a foreigner to physical contact. Nervously she ran both hands through her hair. Twice her fingers caught on tangles, but were swiftly ripped out with a brief spark of pain. Her eyes were on the sand next to her, and when she finally stopped combing her hair they raised to his face. If only he could smell how sorry she was. Humans relied on sight and words to tell emotions... Why couldn't they have enhanced scent to rely on too?

"I'm sorry, Gale. Will you at least tell me why you're unhappy? And angry? I can't hear your thoughts. I don't have that great hearing."

The last sentence ended with a cringing chuckle and a wince that made her hunch her shoulders up a little bit. She just wanted him to stop being such a pessimist... Was that so bad?

"I can smell your mistrust. Or something. I'm not sure what it is. Will you please tell me?"

She scratched the side of her head and stared at him.
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Words: 52800
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 11:51 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 1st, 2013, 4:16 am

Common Vani Nari Others

"It's alright." Gale hissed but clearly showing that it wasn't with a cold-hearted glared. He rubbed his sweaty palms on his thighs in attempts to dry them. This was almost as awkward as when that lady tried to teach him how to dance. That was horrifying. He could only pray that Bob would learn the lesson and stay out of his bubble before it pops.

Her apology wasn't verbally accepted, though the man couldn't hold a grudge. But her following questions didn't help. "Maybe I am unhappy because I am angry. Or I am angry because I am unhappy." Whether it made sense or not, all the widower was hoping to achieve was a brief moment of silence. But it was proven to fail when she went on about being able to smell his feelings. Such an odd concept. Why would you want to smell feelings? That would be terrible. "There is nothing to tell, stop wasting your time."

The pessimist grabbed his charcoal again and attempted to just get started on something. A circle was all that came to mind, and thus, a circle was formed loosely and lightly on the page. It was a start. Now all he had to do was finish it, and Gale planned on doing just that. Even if he had to draw one circle at a time with this...otter talking his ear off, he was going to finish this picture.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on August 1st, 2013, 4:08 pm

He said it was alright. Was it? It wasn't, if that glare was anything to go by without her sense of smell. Oh no, he was angry. He didn't make sense, either. All she knew is that he was angry. It came off him in waves, almost. He had grabbed his charcoal with the words 'stop wasting your time' and drew... A circle? Why would one want to draw a circle?

It wasn't Ken's fault that he was sad, but she made him angry. She didn't know what to do. A hug obviously didn't fix it, and anything she said just made him even more grumpy. The Kelvic stood there awkwardly, one hand clasping her upper arm and shoulders hunched. She couldn't say she was sorry, he didn't accept that. Was she really wasting her time? Her pale eyes simply watched the page he was drawing on, thoughtful.
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 7th, 2013, 9:24 pm

Common Vani Nari

The silence was sweet. Sweet like...accomplishment. Success. Victory. This... person has finally shut up! Thank the gods above.

A hint of a smirk peered across his face before drawing a roundish nose. The top had a sharper curve, and looked rather funny being placed in the middle of the circle, but it wasn't suppose to be a perfect circle anyway. If such a thing existed. A perfect circle was similar to asking for the perfect personality or some outrageous thing like that.It just wasn't possible free handed. Unless you were really determined to make a perfect circle.... What a waste of your time. Making a perfect circle. Pfft.

Small squiggly lines were formed under this large circle, followed by small half circles on the sides of said circle. If any ordinary person were to walk by and glance at it, it would look similar to the makings of a teddy bear, minus the water like markings below it. But Kendhl, being an otter, which he was indeed drawing, would probably connect two and two together. Unless she couldn't, then he would be seriously concerned. Nevertheless, he was already concerned for her and her active personality. Gale then drew two more small circles for the eyes, and a short line below the nose for a mouth.

Was that it for the face? The artist tapped the black mineral against his lip though unaware of the black smearing onto them. He couldn't think of anything else. Ears, nose, eyes, mouth... That seemed to be it. Really? There seemed to be more to it than that. Maybe it'll come to him when he adds in the fur.

The blonde roughly drew in short lines around the face. They were dark lines and weren't very organized, in a sense that they weren't parallel in any way. Wet hair didn't look very straight, so why would fur? That was the logic behind it, anyway. If Bob had a problem with it then petch her. It was his picture. Speaking of, why was she staring over his shoulder?

Gale stopped drawing and looked at her with his eyes,"Is there a particular reason you have decided to watch me?"

OOCSorry for the lack of inspiration for this post. I had to just vomit it out. I hope you don't mind.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on September 7th, 2013, 10:20 pm

What the petch was he drawing? Squiggles, lines, circles... Artists were crazy. As the charcoal moved across the page, the picture becoming somewhat clearer. Hold up. Was he drawing an otter? It looked more like a child's plaything. She'd seen them, once. What was it called? A stuffed bear? Kendhl made a dismissive noise. Who'd want to stuff a bear? Bloody stupid idea.

It looked like he was drawing fur, but the Kelvic wasn't quite... sure. Gale had turned, looking at her. She simply scrutinized the sketch, trying and failing to ignore the warmth that crawled up her neck and decided to bloom in her cheeks. Those stupid eyes of his. And then his voice. Kendhl jumped at the sound, even though she had expected it. What was he saying? Oh, right. He was asking why she was watching him.

"Huh? Oh. Uhm... No reason, really. You still seem a little bit grumpy. D'you think you'd want to like, I'unno, have a party down at the beach? Y'know, with a bonfire and all that? It'd be fun, wouldn't it?"

The Kelvic was silently crossing her fingers and begging him to say no, and yet say yes at the same time. It was like asking someone out on a date, but there would be more people. His voice was like wet sand, or mud even. It slid over you and lodged in your fur, taking forever to get out. But it felt nice. You didn't really want to get it out, but you had to.
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on November 8th, 2013, 3:12 am

Common Vani Nari
No reason. Pfft. Of course. No reason. Seems like everything she did had no reason. She randomly threw a fish at him for no reason. She randomly turned into a butt naked women right in front of him for no reason. She played with his hair for no reason. But there is always a reason. Nothing happened without a reason.

Gale raised an eyebrow at her passive response, having changed to a very nervous looking woman rather than the bold otter he had seen a few seconds ago. "Hm." He grunted simply, almost saying that he was thinking about it. He looked back down at the paper, drawing a few more aimless lines in attempts to look like he had no interest at all in the matter. A line here. Another line there. How about a line there?

The thoughts of the past few days flashed through his mind again. Reminding the Zeltivan of his devilish deeds, giving him reasons to have a guilty conscious. But the current colloquy mollified those harsh images, and brought a sense of solace to the inured man. With a patient sigh, he looked over to the Kelvic with his head low. His green eyes spotted the exhortation that she emitted, along with her fidgeting of her hands. What was once inscrutable was now clear. He's only seen it once, though it was with his own hands and his own voice. He played with his shirt nervously and he gave rather hesitant responses.

With a chuckle that seemed rather galliard, Gale looked at her with curiosity. He wasn't exactly sure if he was 'correct' with his assumption, for it could very well be conjectural. But the simple thought of it baffled him. "Alright then."

At any other time before now, Gale would have dismissed the offer as nugatory, for parties and fire haven't exactly been his thing. But with his clear lamentations and the Otter's importunate actions to get him to cheer up, he figured it would do no harm to set aside his misanthropy. At least a fire and a small party was practically free verses buying Kelp Beer to drown his forlorn past away.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Taylani on November 23rd, 2013, 8:21 pm

-Tay Grader-
Gale McCenry
Skill Award Notes
Socialization+5 -
Observation+3-
Drawing+1-

• Guilt over Murder
  • The Shock of a Fish to the face
  • An otters name : Kendhl Pilkvist

Kendhl if you decide to unretired this ghost character please request a mod to come back and grade to give you skills. Please feel free to pm me with any concerns about your grades and don’t forget to edit/delete your grade request.

Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous