Completed Shopping and a Little Exploring

Savannah spends her first days in Zeltiva.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Shopping and a little Exploring

Postby Ricky Maze on August 25th, 2013, 10:46 am

oocFigured this was a fine spot to put him in now, since the group would be near moving along. :)

Summer was ending. There was naught but a day and another left before the season would meet its transition, the world on the cusp that represented the change that would follow. Autumn was no longer around the corner now, it was practically on Zeltiva's doorstep as time counted the final moments of Summer. There has been much that has happened to the Wave Guard this season; from a close friend gone missing, to an assault from three bad men he had history with, Ricky has had as much of a good experience as well as a bad this past season. At best one could call it rather eventful, although for Ricky that was roughly a major understatement. Life worked in the most wildest of ways and although things could easily be better, Ricky was more than pretty damn glad to be alive and well right now. The guard was dressed in his azure uniform that represented his fellow protectors, the colors of the city watch as they patrolled their routes. The gold and navy sash crossed across the length of the man's back and chest, with gold buttons and navy shoulder stripes. A high collar, embroidered with more gold and navy, circled his neck. A belt held up long blue pants, with the long-sleeved jacket tucked into them. A symbol of the peace keepers in Zeltiva, the city watch which adopted the name The Wave Guard.

Yes Ricky was part of the guard, mighty proud to be one too. He took his job rather seriously nowadays, had to if he wanted to be the important role model he needed to be for his little one. Which was actually relevant to what he had planned now, other than a simple patrol down West Street like every other day. "Uuh, petch me poor wealth. Why couldn't I've been born int' a rich family, or earn an ass load o' more nilo." He sighed with a hand to run through the back of his hair, wishful that he had much more money in his pocket right now. Sure he and Telion got by easily but that was all more due to the fact he really worked his ass of. That was the whole point of this season, to get his shyke pulled together and become the responsible parent he needed to be. "Been one petched up experience I can admit that." He silently mused as he walked on down West Street, eyes quickly scanned the people that he passed for any hint of trouble. He actually had developed a much more keen eye lately due to the fact trouble easily found him, and he began to make much good use of that trait since its usefullness stretched so far.

"Guess it ain't so bad, least we ain't broke 'n starved." He quirked with a little ease, knowing that he managed to keep the two of them well fed, Ricky took it as a best sign that they were getting along fine. Besides there was still the time factor he had to count in, although that clock counted down by the very ticks in the day. There was no doubt about it, their baby was due within the next season, and Telion really started to show too. She wasn't the only one of course, Ricky himself had a slight pudge from the long weeks that passed. He has experienced back aches and cramps, a few nauseous encounters, and oh yes... an apetite from the Void that just demanded for him to swallow all the food in the city.If there was one major summarization Ricky could put into words, "pregnancy is absolutely weird" would be the very first thing to part from his lips. Still the man enjoyed the idea of having a child, and the fact he and his beloved took vows not too long ago made it even better. Thus his reason for moving down West Street came into play, eyes the deep color of a crystal blue fanned through the locals but also looked upon the shops of the street. "I really hate shoppin'..." Its true. He only rarely ever shopped for when he needed something, and right now he needed to focus on getting things for the little one that would soon come.

His peripheral vision spotted a group of three, simply a man and two women that socialized. Ricky assumed the man was at best trying to find a date, and merely brushed them from his mind as he focused on the task. As he passed them by though their part of the conversation didn't fall to deaf ears, thus his curiosity was well placed when he heard mentionings of the General Store. "Say, maybe this guy knows..." He peeked behind his shoulder to the group as his pace dulled to a near stop, until finally he was convinced to turn around and simply ask. There was after all no harm in asking things even if he were on the job, he could easily be off if something absolutely demanded his attention; which almost nothing did when it came to West Street. As he made his approach to the group he couldn't help but feel as though he were almost a giant to them, as he nearly toward over this man by at least one head. "'Scuse me mate," he turned to the two ladies and slightly bowed in respect, "Lasses." He gave a warm humble smile as he shared glances with all three people, however if they were observant enough they would find his eyes rather quickly avoided direct eye contact with any of them. "I've an errand t' attend t' later but not sure if any stores may've anythin' I'm lookin' f'r. Any chance any one o' ye know where t' find things f'r newborn kids?" He spoke calmly and confident, a content expression on his face as he awaited to hear any answer.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kashrim Bloodleaf on August 25th, 2013, 5:53 pm

90, Summer, 513 AV

Kashrim took in the new man with curiosity. She felt that she had seen him before, but definitely not on West Street for a daily shopping trip, and judging by his question it only proved her point. By his age and his question, Kashrim guessed him a new father, and held back a smile, knowing it could easily be taken in a wrong way. She had always adored younger children, striving to give them a childhood she could never have had. Hoping the new man could read, she squeezed along the edge of the paper, Maurice's Toyshop.
Last edited by Kashrim Bloodleaf on August 25th, 2013, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kashrim Bloodleaf
The Mute

Words: 4481
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2013, 5:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Savannah Farstar on August 25th, 2013, 8:10 pm

Day 90 of Summer, 513 AV

It was probably the height that made Savannah's eyes widen just a little bit, or maybe it was the way he spoke. Either way, Savannah's nervousness shot up ten fold when she recognized the man walking over to be somebody of authority. For some irrational reason, she thought this man might be coming to take her away for being Kelvic. So far she hadn't seen any, so the thought was a sound one. Completely ridiculous, but being shunned for being Kelvic has put a lot of fear and suspicion when it came to the authorities. Nevertheless, the man seemed nice enough and wasn't actively studying her, so Savannah decided he either didn't know, or wasn't going to say anything about it yet.

"I don't know much about the shops around here, but I did see a shop with toys and things somewhere near the dress store. Yvette's dress store I think." Savannah replies with a meek voice, carefully watching the man with curiosity mixed with caution. He was big, but she was fast. If it came to the city having something against Kelvics, she could probably bolt in an instant. You're thinking like a criminal Savannah, he's not going to arrest you so calm down and stop looking like a child with her hand in the sweets jar, She thought to herself. With a small breath to calm herself, she brings back her cheery smile and banishes any thought of prisons and foot chases.

Savannah Farstar
The Timid Tiger

Words: 16916
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 2:44 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal

Shopping and a Little Exploring

Postby Yeven Brooks on August 26th, 2013, 6:32 pm

Day 90 of Summer, 513 AV

Yeven slowly turned around with a grin on his face. That was defiantly the sound of a valiant sailor with all the gruff and vigor of what he had heard about. To Yeven's surprise it was unquestionable a member of The Wave Guard in the flesh.

"Well I'll be," Yeven said as he looked at the tall man of honor and muscle,"I was just talking about showing one of these lovely ladies to our fine city's Wave Guard."

Yeven began wiggling his head around to make eye contact with the burly Wave Guard, but could never make contact. Yeven guessed he was in a bad position, since he was so tall, the sun must have been in his eyes. Yeven's father had always said that he should always look a man straight in the eye so that both men always knew when the other truly meant business. Yeven never understood the meaning behind what his father told him, but he figured it was because it was polite and was just common courtesy.

Yeven then began to think on the words of the Wave Guard as he folded his arms and placed one hand onto his chin. It was then Yeven saw the paper scrap out of the corner of his eye, he turned and then examined it more carefully. Kashirm's handwriting was getting harder to read as she ran out of space on the paper and it was even more confusing as he read of a place he had never heard of.

As Yeven was about to respond to the Wave Guard member, Savannah began chiming in with directions to a toy shop by Yvettes. Another oddity, since Yvette would never agree to have such an establishment next to her shop. It would drive away her more esteemed guest. No doubt the noise would disturb any of the stores nearby if it was anything like Bohrnn & GoldWoerth.
Yeven put both of their suggestions to the side, since one of them was new to the city and the other might be mixing places up. Yeven didn't like ignoring peoples input, but sometimes situations called for such extremes.

Yeven turned back to the Wave Guard and began taking a deep breadth,"So Mister Wave Guard you’re looking for things for a new little sailor being born into this new world. Well that's great good on you my friend, or maybe he will be a fine Zeltiva Scholar, one of the great minds of our university. Yes, but you’re not here today to think about the future of your kid, you just want to make him happy, get him food, and maybe a nice crib. Although, I am making the assumption he hasn't been born yet, since why would be buying him... or her." Yeven says catching himself before continuing on.

"I am guessing this is a first to you, since you should have a left over baby crib if this was your second. So let’s look at where you should go in order to get the dream nursery for your baby. Now for a crib, the finest place to go would be Laviku's Figurehead, yes a fine establishment, and don't let the name fool you, they definitely build more than ship parts. I even have heard him boast about his fine blue wood, I which he carves into his creations to look as if the're waves bursting from the sea itself. What better way to lay down a Wave Guard child, then in a crib of waves." Yeven smiled as he emphasized the 'wave' parts of his sentence.

"Oh, but we can't forget about feeding the little tyke, for that there is no better place to get non-fish meals then the General store, as well as a verity of other odds and ends for the traveling explorer, or the run of the mill towns folk. Everything is easy to get and all under one roof, but if it is trinkets and goodies you want for your newborn head nowhere else then right next door to Treasures of the Sea. A wonderful place filled with oddities found from around all of Mizahar. Every item has a story and I am sure you could tell all the tales of the toy your child owns as bedtime stories before its time to head to bed." Yeven takes a moment to calm down after his sales pitch of the town.

"Although if you are going for a more traditional way to get toys, there is always Bohrnn & GoldWoerth. A place of sturdy craftsmen ship and a workforce that never quits, something I'm sure the Wave Guard can respect. They can make a custom made toy or you could find one you like on their selves. Anything goes within Bohrnn & GoldWoerth." Yeven finishes with a final breath.

Yeven then throws out his hand to finally greet the man he had been pitching to, “Sorry, I almost completely forgot, my name is Yeven, and these two girls are Kashrim and Savannah.” Yeven says as he points to the two girls respectfully.

“If there is anything more I can help with, such as directions or just helping you bargain with the shop owners, feel free to just ask.” Yeven finishes with a bright smile.
Yeven Brooks
Player

Words: 10712
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2013, 9:36 pm
Character sheet

Postby Ricky Maze on August 26th, 2013, 8:05 pm

The first react was the quiet one of the three, her scribbles more scrawled in the little corner of the space left on the paper. "Huh. Didn't know there be a toy shop." Ricky's brow slightly furrowed with intrigue as he read the words over, then the other young lady with red hair spoke next explaining she had seen a shop with a toys at the window. Next to the dress shop from what Ricky understood. "Clearly I need t' get out and look 'round 'ere more. West Streets just got too many places I've not explored." He admitted with almost a frown, stumped at how little he knew of the stores, and he's lived in the city practically all of his life. The man was next to speak and he greeted Ricky with a rather cheery attitude, a warm mood that just easily radiated towards the group and made the day feel positive. Ricky easily welcomed such encounters enough to where his smile naturally occured, a genuine smile that was easily met with his naturally humble attitude. "Oh? Well I'm here if ya need any thing answered." He confidently nodded with assurance to the group.

The other woman spoke next and when she did Ricky's crystal blue eyes fell upon her, they still avoided the chance of direct eye contact as before but he observed her with periphial vision at best. He took notice that she seemed a little stiff if not a bit nervous, for her eyes seemed to be wary when she looked upon him. It piqued his curiosity well enough as he gathered the assumption she was either intimidated at his size or the fact he was part of the authority, many people could easily be intimidated by such things after all. He did her the favor of looking elsewhere now, to avoid the off chance she might speculate him watching her closely. He didn't like scaring others after all, not when they seemed to be nice folk like she was. The brown haired man spoke again in regards for Ricky's purpose to look for things related to kids, a laugh came from the guard as he heard the mentioning of another sailor being brought into the world. It amused him nonetheless as to how the idea came to mind, maybe this man enjoyed meeting sailors and wanted to be one someday. Then the scholar came along and Ricky couldn't help but chuckle, face a little red as he crossed his arms with the same genuine grin from earlier.

"Not sure which he or she will grow up t' be really, but please continue." Ricky nodded with interest, his eyes on the man as he listened to the speech. Yeven of course would be able to notice now of course, that even being looked at directly Ricky avoided eye contact. He simply would look elsewhere and nod while he listened, to show that his attention was devoted to the pitch. "Laviku's Figurehead..." Ricky's mind became a sponge that absorbed the words, with the knowledge behind them he had the chance to consider his best options that would do well for his little one. He did like the sound of the cradle being carved with waves, it would give a smooth feel to it that added a style. "The General Store would have all them imported goods, so its likely I can find food f'r me kid there. I'll 've to speak t' Tel about it though." He assessed all his thoughts as he was informed of this; wood carved items, food for the young one, trinkets and toys. All of these would be costly but he was more than happy to buy them, sure enough he would be able to afford what the baby needed and continue getting more things gradually. He would have to start budgeting out his funds, which was hardly any fun to do when it came to long term plans.

"Ah," Ricky had forgotten to make his introduction to the group, "Ricky Maze. Its good t' meet ye three." He nodded with the same humble attitude toward the three with a friendly smile. "Y'von, Kashrim, S'vannah." He placed mental tags on the faces of the three, and took their names to memory as he found them decent folk. They were complete strangers to him but they came off friendly at best, which was relatively a good start when it came to Ricky. "Thanks f'r the info mate, I've not done much shoppin' t' know what's what really. I think I can commit all that ya said t' memory." He mused with a chuckle to Yeven. "Now if any o' ye three need anythin' keep me in mind, as part o' the guard I'm here t' help however I can." He assured them with a confident look, a little pride present when he did so.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Savannah Farstar on August 27th, 2013, 12:41 am

Day 90 of Summer, 513 AV

Savannah had always been fascinated with babies. So much so that she often wondered what it would be like to have one of her own. She was in her prime years, being a solid four years old, after all. Maybe it was time she started seeking a bondmate like all the other Kelvics she had met on her two year travel. But that's was something for later. Right now she had a very large Wave Guard in front of her that kept avoiding catching her eyes. Mother always told me shifty eyes hid shifty secrets. Therefore he must be hiding something, but at the same time he's the nicest sailor I've met aside from Yeven. Well, they're the only two sailors I've ever met, but that's beside the point. Savannah sighs inwardly and silences her little mental voice.

"Thanks for the offer Mr. Ricky sir. I'll be sure to find you if I need help. Which is a lot. I get lost really easy in this town..." Savannah mentally smacks herself, trying to act normally. "Yeven did you want to go on our way to the shops with Kashrim, or...?" She trails off, not sure if it would be rude to outright flee from the shifty eyed Wave Guard.

Savannah Farstar
The Timid Tiger

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Kashrim Bloodleaf on August 27th, 2013, 2:20 am

90, Summer, 513 AV

Kashrim blushed and looked down, stuffing the paper into her pocket. She had mistaken an old store from her childhood travels with her mother - yet again. It had always been one of her favorites in her childhood years, and the owner had been kind to her a mute. She missed her innocent days, and wished she could be young again, where it didn't matter if she couldn't speak, but only that she was the fastest skipper or knot-tier. It was saddening that one only has a single childhood, and Kashrim couldn't decide if she looked back on hers with delight or sorrow.

Then again, she had a whole future before her, and that was what she should be looking forward to. If she studied hard enough and earned enough money to get into the University in the first place, maybe she could increase her knowledge to something that gained her respect, overwriting her disability. For what felt like the firs time she was beginning to envy the voices of the people around her - perhaps because this was the first real conversation she had held for many years. It was even more difficult that none could understand sign language, as far as Yeven and Savannah went anyway, she still didn't know much about Ricky the Wave Guard, save he had a child and he needed a gift for him or her.

Kashrim didn't move, but mentally stepped back, deciding to keep all her words closed within her, tired of the confusing communication she had brought upon herself.
Kashrim Bloodleaf
The Mute

Words: 4481
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2013, 5:07 pm
Character sheet

Postby Yeven Brooks on August 27th, 2013, 4:59 am

Day 90 of Summer, 513 AV

The strong competence that Ricky held reassured Yeven that he would not be needed for shopping help , although his offering of services did remind him of why he wanted to find a Wave Guard to begin with. It was then that Savannah chimed in.

"Indeed Ricky, in fact we were just wondering about the Sailor's Guild,"Yeven said as he gestured between himself and Savannah, "Since that Sailor's Guild and the Wave Guard are in close term we thought you could help us with something. If you happen to have the time ether now or later, we would greatly appreciate some advice about the guild and the travels they conduct."

It was then Savannah that Savannah began asking him a question. Yeven looked at Kashrim and then back to Savannah; comunication between the two had been sparse at best and most of the conversations they had been having were through himself. Thinking it would be cruel to leave the two women alone in the bustling area of West Street Yeven agreed, "Well of course ladies, that was the plan from the beginning wasn't it?" Yeven rhetorically asked.

"Yes, I'll help you two get the best deals with your shopping then you ever have in your life. You can trust me with that promise" Yeven finish with a smile.
Yeven Brooks
Player

Words: 10712
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2013, 9:36 pm
Character sheet

Postby Ricky Maze on August 27th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Ricky looked towards Savannah when she spoke with a hearty grin, with a minor chuckle to follow at her remark on getting lost near the end. "Sure thing lass, Always happy t' give some directions when they're needed, I'm also able t' escort ya anywhere should the need occur." He reassured her with a slight nod and glance between the others, eyes loosely on Yeven as he listened to the request he had on the Sailor's Guild. "Ah yes well," he ran his fingers through the back of his hair bashfully, "I don't really know all that much 'bout the Guild mate, only that they're responsible f'r all the trade an import Zeltiva has. T' be honest I'm no real sailor me self, hardly have the experience t' say so either. I'm just a guard after all." He shrugged his shoulders apologetically to Yeven, with a sincere smile on his face to add. "Sorry mate."

Savannah then proceeded to ask about continuing their little expidenture to other shops, the trips being led by Yeven who appeared to have promised them that he would help them. Ricky's humble attitude brought on another minor chuckle as he listened, aware of the fact that Savannah looked to him when she trailed off her sentence. Ricky wasn't ignorant of the fact he randomly crashed into their little social deal, thus he wasn't prone to invite himself along out of sheer respect for their personal business. Besides he still had his patrol to do and other things to attend to, at least he learned some useful things during this short break he took poke around. "Ah, well don't let me keep ya from checkin' 'round. I need t' get back t' work anyways, so it's been an interestin' meetin' from the three o' ya." He complimented with a slight bow with a soft look to each individual, direct eye contact still avoided as he said their names. "Y'ven, Kashrim, S'vannah. Enjoy the rest o' yer day, and remember that the Wave Guard is 'ere t' protect ya." He reassured them all with one last respectful bow, a soft and warm smile on his face as he finally departed from the group.

oocYou can go ahead and have your pc's say goodbye to Ricky in your posts, and continue the thread with him leaving. Looking forward to future threads with all of you!
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Savannah Farstar on August 28th, 2013, 3:11 am

Day xx of xx, 513 AV

Savannah sighs inwardly and feels guilty about her misconceptions of the obviously good intentions of the Wave Guard. Finally banishing her fears for good, Savannah waves to Ricky with a bright smile and turns back to the other two.

"Yeven I suppose you're the most knowledgeable person about the shops around here, so what do you say about shopping?" Savannah smiles even more, the prospect of seeing fun things too good to pass up. She always wanted to go into the shops in towns, but was always scared of getting lost. With a guide, nothing can go wrong!

Savannah Farstar
The Timid Tiger

Character sheet
Journal

PreviousNext