PM to join [The Anthonius Fighter's Pit] Hit the dirt

(Ximal) It's hot, and Fallon's out observing combat at the Fighter's Pit. Or at least until she comes across a familiar face.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Anthonius Fighter's Pit] Hit the dirt

Postby Solin on June 27th, 2013, 4:33 am

Solin wasn't surprised the Lone Wolf blocked his kick, but he wasn't expecting him blocking with his elbow! The force of Solin's kick came down his elbow, and the pain echoed through his body from his foot to his lip. He was clearly out matched as he stumbled back limping from the impact. Suddenly, the large warrior reached out, grabbed the lean warrior, and pulled him towards him. The kelvic was off balance from his aching foot and the jerk of Ximal pull, and soon after grab, the large fist of Lone Wolf went straight into the stomach of the kelvic. When the punch connected with his stomach, Solin was brought to his knees and his eyes started to water. Feeling a hint of nausea grip him, he looked at the ground to try to regain his composure. As the bout of nausea passed, he slowly stood up and got back into his fighting stance.

Solin knew if he could learn from fighting a opponent with greater ability. He would have the experience needed to take on opponents of his skill level. In theory, it was a good idea, but he think his body will protest his decision tomorrow. Since his now aching foot, Solin moved much slower toward his target. He could tell the master was taking it much easier on the human woman, and he wondered if the Lone Wolf was not trying to injure her. It didn't matter in the end because Solin knew the punishment. He was receiving will make him stronger in the end if it doesn't kill him first. He moved forward throwing a quick jab with his left at the face of Ximal. After he threw the punch; he turned left foot backwards, leaned back, and thrust straightforward with the heel of the right foot into the stomach of the Ximal. He made sure his technique was adequate enough to add enough force to knock his opponent back if it hit.
Solin
My Life is my Own

Words: 77566
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2013, 12:06 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Fallon on June 28th, 2013, 11:31 am

It was a quick grab that spun Fallon about and pushed her away once more. She took a tumble away, feet staggering as she tried to regain her balance to watch the kick be blocked with ease. Flexing her wrist, the squire did not waste her time standing about and watching the two men continue their sparring. When the punch hit Solin, Fallon had was already trying to step back into range. Her shoulders were lower than before, hands before her ready. She clenched one of them, with the left kept open once more.

Resting on her toes she pushed off and sprung forwards, her right shoulder leading in as if to barge at him. It would close the range between them, and give him little to grab onto – in theory at least. Her free hand shot forward again, across her inside the same intention as before, grab the belt, close the distance between them. The clenched right first shot upwards, where she did not care as long as it served to catch Ximal off guard. By now the dizzied Solin was stumbling back into the fighting, if it could be even called that. For some reason Fallon could only see it as two children trying to take down a giant, an image that was also slightly amusing in her mind. The pair of them could have easily been swatted away if the obvious master wished it, but he did not and instead seemed to take most of it in good stead.

Of course, it was still only a matter of time until he put both of them on their backsides. Fallon slid her left foot forward and tried to hook it round his own. She was tiny next to him; then again she was not exactly big next to the other either. And that was one big disadvantage at present.
x
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ximal on June 28th, 2013, 7:25 pm

ImageXi tool a slow breath again having dispatched the first interlude of involvement. Xi watched the pair of them come back. The punch from soilin came in with a weary speed, fatigued from the punishment he'd taken. Xi swayed his head back lightly to let it slide past the front of his face His view half split between the two of them Xi caught the foot movement from solin. Xi moved his left arm to counter whatever was coming from over there. Xi's stance was grounded to the point of steel. His other problem was getting closer too him with every step. Xi moved his left hand to catch the kick at it came in lifting his feet onto the balls of them to turn his legs into shock absorbers. The attack from fallon though came in the form of a gap closer. Xi couldn't shift his positioning however he brought his right arm around to try and grab a hold of her wrist Xi's left arm then puched back on soilin's foot to garner some distance.

Xi then planted his feet and used his grip on solin';s foot to push him back and over onto the ground, his arm then following around to sweep his leg forwards and twist his right arm to press against fallon's chest and slam her into the ground in one motion. If this worked she was going down if not she was in a good position to take him off balance. Xi took a slow breath and wondered if he'd over done his responses.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Solin on July 6th, 2013, 7:19 am

In a whirlwind of movement, the Lone Wolf easily dodged his first punch to his face and his kick was caught and held in position. Solin could feel the top of his legs and hamstrings start to burn the longer the large man held him in attack position. The kelvic realized he was at the mercy of the human, so he just waited for the finishing move to come. Suddenly, the female squire attacked, and she was easily parried by the large by wrapping his arm around her fist. The Lone Wolf punched Solin's foot, and the young man grunted loudly as the pain shot up his leg. Suddenly, he was released by the large man with a powerful shove, and the blond haired kelvic crumpled to the ground holding his foot. Solin realized he could no longer fight, and he started to wonder if walking will be difficult too for a time. The kelvic watched as the female squire was easily dispatched by the large man as she was slammed to the ground with two quick moves. The master was standing there catching his breathing waiting for either of them to stand back up. Solin knew his body can't take anymore punishment, so he was going to be the first one to bow out of the spar.

Solin could still feel the throbbing in his foot, and he start a nasty bruise forming on the top of it. He looked at the large man and asked with a smile, “Do you prefer beer, ale, or wine? I am asking because I think my body is starting to protest all the punishment, so I think I am going to call it quits and lick my wounds for a bit.” Solin looked at Fallon and said with a smirk, “Well, I guess the fate of our match rests in your hands. Good Luck.” The Kelvic stood up and hobbled over to his backpack and sat down next to the leather bag. He was curious to watch Fallon's next move, or if she was going to bow out of the match too. Regardless, he was just going to sit there and try to forget the throbbing pain all over his body. Feeling the adrenaline start to fade away, Solin could taste the metallic flavor of blood in his mouth, and he went up to touch it, and it was painful to the touch and noticed the wound was slowly bleeding. He reached into his backpack pulled out a shirt and pressed the cloth up against the wound to stop the bleeding.
Solin
My Life is my Own

Words: 77566
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2013, 12:06 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Fallon on July 7th, 2013, 10:01 pm

Fallon was taken off her feet with ease. The sky wheeled above her, the sight of the ground being ripped away to be replaced by sky. There was a gasp, a grunt as her back slammed against the floor. She was certain she bounced when she made contact with it. With her head throbbing it was hard to do anything but lie there for a chime or two with her face scrunched up in discomfort. She gave a wheeze and rolled onto her side as she came to terms with what had happened. Laughter erupted shortly after, a grin breaking out. Fingers worked on brushing herself down, as she sat herself up. She gave a glance up at Ximal, taking in deep breaths before turning her head to Solin. Both of them looked ruined having now taken a turn with Ximal. She heard his question about drinks and the comment about tending to himself, and so gave him a slow nod.

“Give me a chime Solin and I’ll come take a look at you,” she rubbed at her wrist “Just sit tight for a bit.” A smile flickered there as she eased up into a stagger. She gave the giant a pat on the arm and pulled away “I think it’s safe to say you’ve given us a beating. I give. I think he does too.” A thumb cocked at the boy, a flicker of a grin appearing there “Think I’ve got a lot to learn before I can even think about getting closer to you and your level.” There was a wheeze and she went over to him despite her bodies protests. Ximal had been easier on her, but in the case of Solin she was sceptical that he had received the same treatment. She stooped down next to him, and gave a careful glance to the side of his face. Raising her hands she gave a point at his cheek “Want me to take a look? Or are you going to play it tough for a bit?”

A tease, nothing more or less. And perhaps he would see it like that also. She hoped at least. Still should he decline her attempted help, she would not force it upon him. There was no point after all.
x
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Perplexity on August 31st, 2013, 2:59 pm

Riddled With Rewards
Fallon

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation + 2 EXP
Philosophy + 2 EXP
Rhetoric +2 EXP
Socialization +1 EXP
Unarmed Combat +1 EXP
Medicine +1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Too Hot, Too Sticky
A Strange Reunion
Moral Conviction: The Place of a Hero
Knights of Sylir, Figures of Honor, Truth and Wisdom
Stand Alone or Stand Together
Rhetoric: The Finer Points of Sarcasm

Solin

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation + 2 EXP
Acrobatics + 1 EXP
Persuasion + 1 EXP
Unarmed Combat + 3 EXP
Endurance +1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
The Lone Wolf: Ximal
Acrobatics: Proper Stretches
Moral Conviction: Never Back Down
Unarmed Combat: Learning How To Block
Unarmed Combat: Basic Fighting Stance
Knowing Your Limits

Notes :
Well done you two. PM me if you’ve questions regarding your grade.
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous