Completed [The Aylasa Caves] Circle You, Circle You (Fallon, Kreig)

Laughter in the children's hands, they come together in the room, "It's time" they said, "Close your eyes" they said...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[The Aylasa Caves] Circle You, Circle You (Fallon, Kreig)

Postby Fallon on August 30th, 2013, 5:18 pm

There was a moment of silence, her brow creasing with thought. It sounded like a warning, a silent message against something that she may not want to lay eyes upon. Lips pursed together as she leaned back slightly on her heels. Her grip however remained fixed on the Tulwar even as the ghost faded out of existence. It was the distinctive shouting of others however that caught her attention. Turning back she gave a listen to the calling of her name and returned to it, a hand guiding her forward towards the distinctive clunking of running feet.

“I’m coming back Sera Druva!” she gave a shout through the long tunnel and stared back, “I’m coming!”

Fingers felt the stone as she returned to the dull light of the glowing gnosis. Her face rippling in the shadows she gave only a brief glance back at the way she came before turning her attention once more to her patron, “Sorry Sera, I thought I saw something. Turns out the hunters are in deeper though…” there was a frown, “A ghost said that we might not want to see what happened to them.”

She shook her head, and then promptly stood herself to attention, “What are your orders Sera? You want us to go in deeper or…” There was only a brief glance at Kreig with a small set frown upon her face. She did not like it here to say the least, and if she had her own way she would have left a good few chimes ago, “Or do we go deeper? You’re the knight here after all Sera.”

Best fall in line now the danger has passed.

FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on August 31st, 2013, 8:18 am

Kreig suddenly wished they were back asleep, that was a cruel thought of him he admitted and he knew in there shoes he would be the same, but after the whole ordeal with that bizzar creature and realising that Fallon was a mage.....He just really wished for some silence. When they noticed Fallon after they franticly decided to look for her, Kreig breathed a sigh of relief, as she was safe and they didn't have to bloody leave from this spot yet. But he frowned at the mention of ghosts '....so that's why I could hear her mumbling, turns out she was speaking to a ghost'

He wanted to groan, but there was still the matter of he hunters..... he certainly no doubt they were did, hunters dealt with animals, something like that.... thing, could have frightened them out of their wits and panic 'Whatever remained would be a bloody massacre' And he knew that would have happened to them.

He saw Fallon's brief frown at him, no doubt feeling as sick of this place as he was. He sighed as he scratched the back of his head, their remains would still be here.... they could always come back for it later.

"Sera, considering the mature of what we've all been through, the remains of the hunters could wait another day and we'd be back with a larger group jut in case. Plus I believe it would be pruden't to have a healer take a look at both you and lady Ama" He said as he looked at Patron with tired eyes, eyes that begged for her to let them leave this accursed place.

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Radiant on August 31st, 2013, 7:02 pm

"A ghost?!" Ama instinctively flinched when Fallon mentioned it. She had been rather sensitive about the topic due to her dealings with a certain ghostly waif. Though she deducted that it was not the waif, no, that little girl would come with the squire to meet them... Ama knew that much, but still, it wouldn't hurt to ask "Uhm... Madame Fallon, how did this ghost looked like?".

The new informations brought a frown to both Natasha. She was obviously thinking hard, minds gearing up on the best decision to make. "Hmmm... yes, they might already be dead... but we can't assume that... what if they are merely dying? And leaving them now is just the same as leaving them to die. Hmm... I need more information, what happened when I was knocked out, Fallon, Kreig?" There were many things at stake here, the well-being of the hunters, the thing that knocked her out, and ultimately, the safety of Syliras.

"And I'm alright, Kreig, just a little bruise at the back of my neck..." She rubbed it and slightly winced in pain.

"And I'm fine as well, Sir Kreig... it's the hunters we should be worrying about..." It's true, it seemed that whatever thing that struck them wasn't intent on killing them, merely knocking them out.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fallon on September 1st, 2013, 6:42 pm

Here we go.

Fallon gave a glance at the Kelvic, “Not that ghost, if that is what you’re asking. Yes, it may have been a child. But that was about it. Nothing overly distinctive about it,” Shaking her head she looked at her patron as she grumbled about her bruises. Clearing her throat she continued and explained herself, “When you were knocked out we were approached by a monster, something alien. It observed, we observed back, and then I gave it directions to Sahova. So it should be gone by now. Thank the gods.”

Brow knitting the squire looked upon her patron, “Judging by its lovely tone though, things that did not appeal to it were often eliminated without a second thought. Add that to what was said by the ghost… well, no offense Sera, but I think we will only see the worst outcome.”

Eyes bore at her patron, her jaw almost tightening slightly. She did not want to be here, and both of the more authoritative members of the group were far from listening. Then again, why should they care what she had to say? They were already set on their decision on sending themselves down a potentially dangerous path with both little force and no back up. Orvin gave a whine and licked at her master’s hand, before the same fingers gently stroked around his muzzle. This was stupid, it all was.

“I don’t know why I petching bother explaining things,” she gave a distasteful mutter, “You’ve already decided what to do regardless what myself or Kreig says. So go on then, lead us on our merry way Sera. Let’s stop beating about the bush and do what you want,” there was a sharp intake of breath the pushing down of a rising temper, “And before you question me, yes I want what is best for Syliras. But this?” she gave a gesture to the cave around her, “Where there can be more of those things in there that will sever our heads in the blink of an eye? Or perhaps monstrous ghosts that can rip out intestines and jump rope with them? Honestly, I’m petrified. I’m feeling like a coward that can’t stand up to their own shadow right now. But hey, tough shyke on my part eh?” she turned her head away shaking, “Forget my rambling Sera. It has been a long season. Do the knightly thing. My views don’t count after all. I'll just do as I do best and get on with it, just as I've had to before.”

FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on September 1st, 2013, 7:44 pm

Kreig wanted to comment about a few things duuring Fallon's angry rant.... but found himself a bit too terrified to make any quip during such a thing. Instead he nodded at her words as he observed that she could barely contain her rage about the entire situation. He understood her feelings quite well, here they were... miraculously surving an encountre with a creature that could kill them on a whim, a creature that terrified Kreig to his wits and if it could instill such fear with its mere precense then he doubted the hunters would be calm and not try to fight back or run, annoying the creature than ripped to pieces by its multiple arms.

Once Fallon was done, Kreig placed a hand on Fallon's shoulders and looked at his patron. Breathinf deeply and trying to find a calm within himself.

"Sera, what Fallon says is true.... We do not know if there is mire than one of these creatures and know nothing about the ghosts within these caves... they could be very well hostile and deceitful" He then waved a hand around the area " Its a miracle that we live, Sera.... that thing subdued both you and Lady Ama as if it were flicking ants, it could have killed me instantly if I even made a single move because it found me irritating" He said the last word somewhat irritated himself "If Fallon hadn't ranted at it and told it where to find Sahova than I doubt we would all be alive right now" He couldnt help but grin lightly at that last part....

He then sighed as he closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead "We barely survived... thats the crux of it Sera, Fallon and I are both tired mentally and perhaps physically, you and lady Ama may be only bruised but even a bruise is a wound if it aches. I wish to secure the remains of the hunters, I do... but its been days since they disappeared and if fhey were stuck with that... thing "He wished he had a name for if, but he was too tired to think of one other than thing.

" Sera, if you insist that we go forward despite a clear disadvantage due to our weary state... Then let Fallon wait outside, if we end up facing hostile ghosts or find another one of those things that handled us with minimal effort, than I'd rather have the knowledge that one of us lived and brought news back to the keep in the case we meet Dira's embrace"He then opened his eyes to a glare, one directed at his patron " In the end we weren't prepared Sera, we survivded due to a miracle or pure dumb luck and a dose of angry Fallon. But its your orders Sera, Fallon and I spoke our peace and the lives we nearly lost are placed in your hands..... I just hope you know what your doing" He then looked at Fallon, squeezzing her shoulder lightly, trying to tell her that no matter what she said it was best for her to leave if their patron decided to recklessly risk their lives despite just surviving a danger that was way out of their league.

'Better for one of us to be alive, rather than all of us die if things go south'
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Radiant on September 2nd, 2013, 7:21 am

"I-I see... phew..." Ama rubbed her chest, her palms still shining. She was relieved it was not the waif. She calmed herself down and listened to the squires' explanation. Their explanation though... brought dread back to her skin. What kind of monster managed to incapacitate a dire kelvic and a knight without so much as blinking an eye? She began to understand Fallon and Kreig's point of view. "Sera... Madame Fallon and Sir Kreig are right... we better turn back now, and investigate with a larger group, leave to fight for another day"

"......" Natasha was visibly not pleased, her squires were tired and shocked. She wanted to go on, but found herself defeating her own resolve. What her squires said was right, she didn't even witness whatever-monster coming to her. And that was one, what if there were two, three, ten? Judging by the state of Fallon and Kreig, they would never leave this cave if they venture further.

"No, you don't need to do that, Kreig" She sheated her sword and began heading back "We're done here... both of you are right..." She sounded disappointed, disappointed at herself that she couldn't be there to protect her squires in times of danger. Her hand clenched around her sword hilt and she muttered to the group "Forgive me..."

".....well, we should go back now, yes?" Ama waited for the squires to follow Natasha, she would guard the flank. Hopefully, whatever thing that knocked her out didn't decide to come waltzing back. Both Natasha and Ama wanted to know more about the thing, but it was not the right time, place, or mood to be demanding explanations. It was the deed of these two squires that they could live to see another day.

And so... they group headed back to the cavern entrance, minds heavily weighed by the events happening that day. Natasha would speak to Grandmaster Loren Dyres about this.

OOCAlright, this should be my last reply for the thread, guys! :D You can post your final reply and I'll give you your grades. :)

It has been fun! And... this is my first "mystery" thread so for all my blunders that you guys have to put up, I'm sorry, and thank you for bearing with me. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on September 2nd, 2013, 11:34 am

There was a moment of tension in the air. Alive and static as their patron seemed to fume quietly to herself. Not that it took too long, there was little logic she could go against. With the sword being sheathed, their patron pushed pasted with a mutter of their orders on her lips. They were to leave, and that in turn lifted a heavy weight off of them. Fallon however did not comment further, there was no use in discussing it anymore. What was done was done, and she was not about to convince her otherwise. Besides, the idea of getting out of this cave seemed like a wonderful idea at present.

With slow steps the squire made her way after her patron. She gave only a glance at Kreig, and then averted them down onto Orvin. She gave him a pat and nudged him on his way to make further progress out of the cave. The wolf released a low whine and followed after his master with his snout pressed against the earth. Even he knew that something had gone wrong. Eyes glanced at the Kelvic, and her hands rested in her pockets. The squire could not be bothered with words anymore, they only left a bitter taste in her mouth.

Good riddance, was her only thought at they left the dark of the cave. Perhaps now they could do what they were better at, training.

oocNot a lot to say or do as we're winding down. Anyway, until next time.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on September 2nd, 2013, 12:23 pm

Kreig breathed a heavy sigh of relief, he felt a twinge of regret for leaving the remains of the hunters down there. But what else could they do? They would have to simply come back later as they couldn’t risk it in their current state. His Patron seemed to mutter an apology under her breath, but Kreig could recognize the look of disappointment that she wore, it wasn’t in them…. No, it was in herself and Kreig knew that feeling very well ‘After all… I was practically useless myself in this particular instance’ HE thought as he glanced at Fallon… he promised silently to himself that he would be her protector and in the end.. he shook his head as he looked down at the ground they walked….. The familiar line of blood now serving as a way back out rather than a trail to their demise.

He tightened his fists as he looked forward, the bitter taste again making its way to his mouth. He had to reaffirm to himself to get stronger ‘I don’t want these fists to be useless…. I made a vow, now I must find the strength to keep it’ He looked at the back of his Patron ‘And I have to prove that a man such as myself can become a knight… I will not falter’ He had to ignore the seed of doubt planted within him, to prevent it from festering else he’d be back to the state he was during the early days of the season… He had to become stronger. Like a parrot he kept that in mind ‘I will become stronger…I will no longer be useless, I will fulfill my vow’ Over and over, his hand resting on the hilt of his blade.

But gaining that strength would have to wait, for what they all needed now was a good rest back in the city…. But he kept reminding himself regardeless. There was no rest for the wicked, or even the noble, after all….

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Radiant on September 2nd, 2013, 2:13 pm

Fallon :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +5 XP
Socialization +3 XP
Rhetoric +3 XP
Persuasion +4 XP
Intimidation +2 XP
Spelunking +4 XP
Projection +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Mysterious Disappearances In The Aylasa Caves
Ama: Dire Wolf Kelvic
Ominous Trail of Blood
Fallon: Subject 22
Journeyman: The Observer
Showing My Magic
Facing Off A Journeyman
A Ghost Girl's Warning
Drawing The Line
Natasha's Guilt
Surviving An Encounter With A Journeyman

Loots

Kreig :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +5 XP
Socialization +3 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Persuasion +2 XP
Negotiation +2 XP
Intimidation +1 XP
Spelunking +4 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Mysterious Disappearances In The Aylasa Caves
Ama: Dire Wolf Kelvic
Ominous Trail of Blood
Kreig: Subject 23
Journeyman: The Observer
Deemed "Annoying"
Being Helpless
Drawing The Line
Promise To Protect Fallon
Natasha's Guilt
Surviving An Encounter With A Journeyman

Loots

Notes :
Alright! Awesome, guys! :D :thumbsup:

Both Fallon and Kreig are now aware of this fragment monster, it's a knowledge that doesn't come often, rare and valuable. Treasure it. ;)

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous