[Gillar's Office] Talk to Me

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within this forum, all Storytellers of any level may feel free to create their office threads. These threads are then used for active thread lists, XP requests, and other communications that aren't necessarily PM required.

Moderators: Junior Storytellers, Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Scribes, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Gillar on July 21st, 2010, 9:52 pm

Who am I?
Just call me, Gillar :ninja: I am one of the Founders of Mizahar. I worked to develop the Price List, Ravok and a handful of gods (Rhysol, Izurdin, Krysus) and gnosis as well as a few skills and races. I can be something of a bastard when it comes to grammar usage in posts. So please, try to use complete sentences where applicable, as close to proper punctuation as possible and put a little effort into writing.

Modding
I am currently the moderator for Ravok and am open to moderate a variety of threads. However, I will not mod pure training threads or pre-planned threads. I shy away from pure combat threads as well though I can't say I won't give modding them a shot from time to time. I enjoy modding darker threads where characters, both NPC and PC, can get beaten, brutalized, maimed and mutilated. Also, while recognizing that Mizahar is a fantasy world with fantastical things filling it, I am a firm believer in grounding some things in realistic physics (no anime-style actions; I HATE anime) :nod: My style of modding has often been compared to that of old table-top gamemasters; a style I picked up from almost 20 years of table-top gaming.

XP and Rewards
I am known for giving out a lot of XP and generous item rewards. That said, I do expect to see some attention paid to the writing done in the thread. Well written threads go a long way toward me looking to give more XP as well as Lore and unique items. That is not to say the threads have to be huge but good threads are usually more than a couple of posts long.

Important Notes
I work 10-12 hour days four and occasionally five days a week on a rather screwed up Swing-Shift. Some portions of each month are busier while others are much slower. Thus, it is difficult for me to take on more than a couple of involved threads at any one time. This also means that I may not always give responses as fast as some people may want. If for some reason I don't get back to you for awhile, do feel free to PM me and remind me (just don't spam me please).
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gillar on July 21st, 2010, 9:58 pm

In an effort to get caught up and back on track with mod-posts, XP-awards, development, etc., I ask that any of you who I have threads with that wish to continue, please post the thread link so that I can respond and get things in motion again. My apologies to any and all who have been waiting awhile, I will do my best to make it worth your time and patience.

Also, if you have any questions about Rhysol, Krysus, Izurdin, Chaon, Vexation, Izentor, Ravok, Sultros, Xy, Zith, Isur or Jamoura, or anything else for that matter, this is the place to ask and discuss.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Orah on July 21st, 2010, 10:06 pm

Regarding the Jamoura, if taking special tools such as carving files or carpentry planes and so forth, are they automatically upscaled if taken at creation, or is a special thread procuring them? If they need a thread, are they upscaled in price as well?
Orah
Player

Words: 1580
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2010, 12:12 pm
Race: Eypharian

Postby Gillar on July 21st, 2010, 10:18 pm

If you purchase these with your starting character funds as part of character creation then yes, you they will be sized for your character to be able to use without difficulty. As you travel about and visit cities, you may still be able to purchase items sized for your character without having to go through great amounts of thread-work (depending on the item of course). You may just have to pay a bit extra and wait a tad bit longer to get said item.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Siiri on July 22nd, 2010, 12:15 am

This is most excellent. ^-^

A couple of questions regarding Vexation:
1.) Would the Healing Gnosis be able to somewhat relieve the pain experienced by those with this mark? If yes, would it delay the four-day countdown?
2.) Would the pain suffered from having the mark be debilitating to the marked? I mean, the first symptom is a headache which then progresses to chest pains. I've experienced some headaches than can leave one quite lethargic and weak, same goes with chest pains. How damaging would these effects be to the marked?
3.) Krysus came off to me more as a spoiled brat with her tantrums than a sadistic bitch. Would she ever remove a positive gnosis from those she's marked?
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Gillar on July 22nd, 2010, 11:27 am

More good questions, keep them coming guys and gals.

Healing would be able to counteract the pain from Vexation however it would be like taking pain medication. The pain is there, you just can't feel it. A marked individual with both Healing and Vexation; an odd mix to be sure, would operate like this: A single mark of Healing would counteract a single mark of Vexation; at least the pain aspect; a 1 for 1 deal. The person would still die if they did not fulfill the conditions of the Vexation mark. The four-day countdown would remain in affect.

Now a second mark of Healing against a first mark of Vexation could potentially buy the individual an extra day before the pain begins. A third mark of Healing versus a single mark of Vexation would buy two days. Vexation marks higher than Healing marks would nullify the effects of the healing.

Now for the intensity of the marks, they start with a headache that is on par with minor sinus problems. It isn't debilitating yet it is something of an annoyance, makes it hard to focus at times and leaves the person feeling rather irritable. The chest pains are much like indigestion but goes on more frequently. Again, not debilitating but extremely uncomfortable and worrisome. The shooting pains up and down the limbs on the second day would be much like severe cramps; hurts terribly and can temporarily immobilize. The splitting open of the skin on the third day would be like an invisible knife slicing randomly at one's body. The wounds are not deep enough to kill outright but can be deep enough to require stitching to close. Unfortunately, attempts to stitch these wounds is futile as there would be so many by the end of the day. On the fourth day, the person is not completely immobilized until the end of that day. Until then, they are suffering from the equivalent of sinus headaches, indigestion, cramping in the arms and legs, spontaneously opening, bleeding wounds and loss of blood; a pretty miserable way to go.

You are right that Krysus is much like a spoiled brat. She feels that her divinity combined with her domain, makes her better than everyone else and deserving of respect. She may be inclined to remove a positive mark yet only to replace it with a negative. So the red veins on the hand would suddenly turn black; her way of saying that if she can't have what she wants, then others will pay for it. Think of a teenager spoiled and full of herself and then add the fact that she is also divine.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Malia on July 22nd, 2010, 10:17 pm

I have some questions about Vexation too ... First, I'd like to say that this gnosis is very cruel. People who have gotten the mark against their will must be in real trouble for the rest of their life ...

Anyway, the wiki article says you get the first mark after attempted murder. What about successful murder? Even if it was an accident and the person regrets it later?

You see, I have a character idea, but I guess Vexation is too much of a burden for someone who doesn't enjoy pain. (I'm just rambling though.) ^^°
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Gillar on July 23rd, 2010, 1:28 am

Another good question. From the questions and answers here, I will flesh out the various lore articles to make them more complete and clear. Thanks again.

Vexation is indeed cruel. As far as getting the mark before or after an attempted murder, the interpretation of that can be rather open. I didn't want to tie it down to any specific action. If someone makes an attempt to kill another and their desire to do so is strong enough, they could very well gain a Vexation mark. If someone attempts murder and fails yet causes the victim a great amount of pain, they could be marked. If someone attempts murder and succeeds, they have an EXTREMELY good chance of being marked.

Krysus' choice for giving a positive mark isn't as random or unpredictable as Rhysol. While she is prone to mood-swings and temper-tantrums, she doesn't usually grant a positive mark to someone unless she feels it will help her influence grow. Thus accidental murder by someone who is neither skilled at it and/or doesn't plan on doing it again, isn't as likely to attract Krysus' attention as someone who had specific intent to murder and who could or would do it again. Now, if she sees within a non-murderous individual, a chance to make a skilled, loyal murderer, she may influence that individual's life in a way that the person will at some point feel the need to murder. This would then allow Kyrsus to mark him/her.

If someone who is not normally a killer does commit a murder, gets marked and then genuinely regrets the murder (not because of getting marked but because they really do feel bad about it) Krysus isn't going to care. With Vexation, either the marked do well and continue to murder and cause pain in her name or they die.

As for being a burden on someone who doesn't enjoy pain, Vexation could be seen that way however I think it could also become very potent tool for character development. One doesn't have to enjoy pain to benefit from the benefits of the mark. They can hate with all their heart the fact that they have to cause pain and death in order to relieve and avoid their own. It remains a burden of course but could help create a truly tortured, misunderstood character; one who may even attempt to justify their own actions in order to maintain some level of sanity. You could get very deep with this.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Stitch on July 24th, 2010, 8:35 pm

Hello Gillar, nice to see you again! I am sorry to hear you are working such long shifts, both you and Jen seem so abused by your respective workplaces. </3

I am still really interested in doing some kind of thread with you, if that is possible. You may certainly decline, I know you are a busy man, and you may have several other threads out there to work with... But I love your style. Old school dungeon-mastering, you called it out perfectly. I love it. <333

I wanted to do something with Rhysol, anything with Rhysol. You can flex your brutal lusts on Stitch, as his life has been too happy, I think. He needs to struggle to be good, to be shown that life isn't always nice smelling roses.

Or whatever the saying is.

I kind of want him to get a curse-mark, but honestly, you can do whatever the heck you want with it. You have total creative reign here.
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Gillar on August 1st, 2010, 3:52 am

Stich, I will certainly try and come up with something memorable regarding Rhysol for you. I am in such need of fleshing out Rhysol's personality.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Next