Completed When The Storm Hits

[Coup D'ETAT][Storyline Act 1-1] Ricky and Telion go out to shop for the things they need in order to prepare for the arrival of their baby, however find themselves caught in the confusion of the Coup as it starts. How do they handle getting out of this mess?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

When The Storm Hits

Postby Ricky Maze on September 15th, 2013, 3:40 am

When The Storm Hits
Autumn 1st 513 AV, 8th Bell

A fearsome dream he had, a terrible nightmare that could only hit to the truth. Zeltiva was in danger of a threat about to reveal itself, and practically nobody knew the event was to start today. Ricky and Telion had gotten dressed and ready to go out to West Street when it all began, their day planned to be normal as any other as he dressed for patrol. Though noon was a few bells off the couple would be quite busy poking in shops for things they needed, in preparation for the baby's arrival which approached quickly. Though it was expected to arrive a little after Winter started there was never any assurance as to whether that assumption was accurate, but nevertheless Telion was eager to get what they needed for their child and make sure they were prepared ahead of time. "Where t' next me love?" He looked down to his beloved as he pulled her in close, his right hand still entwined with her left as the walked together with wide smiles on their faces.

"The General Store is a good place, they have baskets and other things we could look for. We have the outfit now, so we'll look for toys afterwards.." She explained as they approached the building with the sign above that marked it by its very name. The window was draped with sails so Ricky couldn't see inside this place, but he figured Telion knew more about what they were doing anyways to really care. He was happy and things seemed normal, as of this moment that was all that mattered to him really. He took a deep breath and sighed with ease as they approached the door, deep eyes gazed affectionatly down into hers as he did so.

"I love you ya know." She looked up to him with an amused grin, wonder on her mind as to why he suddenly felt the need to express himself.

"I love you too, now what do you want." She giggled when she made her remark, and Ricky shook his head with a smile still on his face.

"I've all I want 'ere, a beautiful wife with a beautiful babe on the way. I'm perfectly happy now and I felt the need t' let ya know I love you." He retorted with a chuckle, but the enthusiasm in his voice made the expression clear. He truly felt happy now that they were together, a sense of completion filled within him as he spent each day with her.

"Aw, always know what to say." She teased with another giggle, which led to a planted kiss that lasted a tick or two. "Come on, we got a lot to buy for our little one." She twisted the doorknob and with the door now ajar Telion pulled Ricky inside, guided him into the dimly lit shop as laterns filled it with amber light.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

When The Storm Hits

Postby Ricky Maze on September 19th, 2013, 11:21 pm

Once the two had entered they were greeted by the store clerk, a man much older than Ricky whose hair had dulled to lesser shades while brown eyes fell upon the couple with a smile. "Good day Mr. Clarke." Telion greeted with a gentle smile as they walked forward, the clerk's face lit up with a bigger smile when they reached the counter.

"Miss Gullwin! You certainly look well, haven't seen you in a while though. What can I help you with?" Mr. Clarke leaned on the counter with glances between the woman and the man next to her, an intrigued look in his eyes as he particularly seemed interested in Ricky's uniform.

"I am well. Well and pregnant because of my husband here, which would make me Mrs. Maze now." She giggled with a look to Ricky as he gave a nod before introducing himself.

"Ricky Maze sir, good t' meet ya." He and Mr. Clarke then shook hands to make rhe introduction formal, a curious look on the mans face as he looked to Telion.

"Halabin Clarke." He looked to Telion with a smirk. "Well Mrs. Maze you must be quite happy, married to a Wave Guard." She agreed with a hearty smile as Halabin looked over to Ricky. "Is your father Burten Maze by chance?"

"Aye, that be him. How'd ya guess?" Ricky inquired rather curiously.

"He's a fine fisherman, and a good man at best. Used to come here every so often until he disappeared." With that explained Ricky had the "aha moment" and gave a nod, it would be all the more obivious that his father were once a regular here. "But I'm sure you're not here for chatter, what do you two need?" Halabin leaned up with a simple grin, and listened as Telion responded first.

"We need a large basket weaved out of Birch Wood, and a couple of blankets as well. One wool and one cotton." She explained with a rub over the small bump under her belly, Mr. Clarke was quick to get the hint at what they were here for.

"Ah! I see, we've elaborate baskets in stock. I'll check them for the birch wood, in the meantime check those," He pointed to a few draped blankets over a shelf, "and see which blankets you like." He walked around the counter to head into a different section of the store, and the couple walked on over to check out the selection of blankets present. There was a bit of murmuring between them as they picked out what blankets they wanted, and they finally came to the agreement they wanted with smiles as they picked their two blankets. The wool blanket was a simple snow white color, while the cotton held a deep blue with patterns representing the sea decorated on it. When they returned to the counter where Halabin waited Telion's face beamed when she saw the basket, excitement in her eyes as she felt its light brown weave.

"Oh my Goddess it's wonderful! Perfect for the little one!" She cheered with a look to Ricky as he placed the blankets next to the basket, he held a big smile all on his own as he watched her look at the basket. With everything brought together and in order Ricky brought out his small bag that held his Nilo and spare Miza, and made the payment requested for the items with a chuckle as Telion folded the blankets and settled them in the basket.

ReceiptFor all the purchases made this day:
Basket (Large, Elaborate, Birch wood) -6 SM 8 CM (Fall 1st)
Undergarment (Cotton, Small) -8 CM
Shirt (Linen, Small) -5 CM
Breeches (Linen, Small) -4 SM
Blanket (1 Sq yd Cloth, Wool) -7 SM 5 CM
Blanket (1 Sq yd Cloth, Cotton) -7 SM 5 CM
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

When The Storm Hits

Postby Ricky Maze on September 20th, 2013, 4:11 am

"Looks to be everything, thank you for shopping today Mr. and Mrs. Maze." Halabin nodded with a smirk on his face as the two gave a warm smile to him, and just as they gave thanks in appreciation for his help the door to the shop opened to let in the sound from the outside. It was the last thing Ricky expected to hear but all the same familiar at best, the sounds of screams and chaos unrolled inside the room as the door swung open, then all went silent as the door muffled all outside sound when it was shut. All three were baffled by the sounds that came from outside but it was Ricky's instinct that kicked in, and just before Mr. Clarke could say anything Ricky brought finger up and signed for him to remain quiet, and urged for Telion to retreat further back into the store. Tap. Tap. Tap. The sound of footsteps came as metal practically clanked against the floor, and Ricky motioned for Telion to remain hidden as he hid behind an aisle himself with a sharp eye out for whoever this was. Halabin nudged his glasses up the bridge of his nose as a sour look came to his face, and within Ricky's view was a Denvali armed to the teeth.

"Can I help you?" There was hardly any welcome to his words, more so a bitterness regarding the fact the man should leave. However this Denvali didn't plan to leave or shop for that matter, instead he decided to reach for his first weapon. Except he got more than what he bargained for, because today Ricky was shopping in this store, today he of all people decided to go out and have an ordinary day and shop with his pregnant wife. And now a Denvali tries to rob the store? That crossed far beyond a drawn line, thus the Wave Guard surprised this Denvali with a charge from behind, arms brought up to wrap around the shoulders and trap this man in a serious head lock. There was a struggle of course, as the reaction that followed was initially surprise. Ricky actually found it difficult to hold this man down even if he were slighty bigger. "Damn, this son o' a bitch's wearin' heavy ass armor!" His face was flushed. When Ricky felt a threat present around his family he was automatically in a defensive state of mind, one that aimed to eliminate a threat almost immediately. The struggle ended with the Denvali's head sent forward then backwards to crash into Ricky's forehead hard, which sent the guard tumbling back with a hand to his face. When his gaze returned to the assailant steel rang out as his sword ran free from the scabbard, and Ricky stood fast with his hand on the pommel of his own sword.

He wasn't sure if he could manage it but a swordfight in the middle of the store was the last thing he had in mind, and thankfully with his sword drawn out he distracted the Denvali long enough while Telion took action on her own. When this scumbag thought Ricky accepted his threatening challenge, Telion came around from behind the Denvali with arms raised. A small roar of anger sounded from her as she brought the head of the shovel down as its back smacked against the skull of the Denvali hard. There was a loud pang that filled the store that followed with a thud as Ricky's jaw dropped, and before a heavy breathing face also flushed Telion lay the body of the man Ricky nearly fought. Halabin had become petrified at this point as the scene practically ended just as quickly as it began, and Telion dropped the shovel with tears in her eyes as Ricky quickly caught her. "Teli, it's okay! It's okay!" He told her as she apologized repeatedly, hands grasped firmly at his jacket as he looked down at the body. There was no way she killed the man, surely not with a swing like that to say the least. If she did though then it in the name of self defense, either way she saved their lives by doing what she did.

Note for STChallenge "Help Someone In The Chaos of The Coup" Completed!
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

When The Storm Hits

Postby Ricky Maze on September 22nd, 2013, 12:12 am

As they remained quiet to finally hear the muffled sounds of the fighting and chaos outside the door quickly opened once more to shut with two people now inside, Ricky brought Telion behind him with his sword held up in preparation for whoever else may have entered to attack the store. However when Hannah and Burt came further in with the forewarning that it was them the other three released their breath as the tension lessened by a little, amd sure enough surprise fell on Hannah's face as she and Burt drew closer to the couple. "Laviku's balls! Ricky you...?"

"Not me, Telion. She put 'em down before he could do any harm. I don't think he's dead yet though..." He sheathed his weapon as Telion sought the comfort of his arms, in which he armorously embraced her quite tentively.

"Well then that settles it, good on ya t' take action Telion. You did what ya had t'." Burten nodded as he looked to Hannah, who then approached Ricky with a travel bag. It was Ricky's old bag, and she handed it to Ricky with a sharp look. "Mr. Clarke."

"Mr. Maze..." The two of them started to engage in a conversation below the others ears, as Ricky opened the bag to find his clothes inside.

"What's this rubbish?" He pulled out his short sleeve shirt and looked to Hannah, her gaze unchanged as he and Telion both waited for an answer.

"The Denvali are staging a Coup, mercenaries are running through the town as the Sentinel and city guard fight." Telion's arms wrapped around Ricky's left with deep concern. "You'll get around better if you're not dressed as a Wave Guard Ricky."

"The petch I will! I'm fightin' f'r our home!" His voice rose as his pride kicked in hard, for almost a year now he'd been a part of the guard. He wouldn't ignore his duty to the city now, not when it needed him the most.

Hannah was quick to react as well though, a slap to the face brought him down to earth as she snapped at him. "Listen to me! You have a wife who is preggers! Right now she's the only thing more important to you, and we gotta get her home safely!" Telion was shocked to see this, her face in awe as she looked between the two. Ricky was surprised as well, her words quick to sink in as he realized she was right. They were in the middle of Zeltiva, and their safe haven was in the Old Quarter; meaning there could be a lot of fighting in between here and there.

"Yer... yer right." He admitted with a frown at his clothes, he didn't want to keep from getting involved, but he had no choice in the matter. Telion was his pregnant wife who was also in the middle of all this danger, and it was his first priority that she remained somewhere safe. "Ye have a plan I assume."

"Yes, Burt will tell you your part of the plan but for now you gotta get dressed." She urged him forward to another part of the store where only she would see him, quick to help him as he undid his jacket to remove his uniform.

"I'm a grown man I can change int' me own clothes." He murmured as she persisted to help him, her eyes rolled as she still held a sharp look.

"Oh please you've nothing I not seen before so quit whining." She retorted as he folded the pants and handed him his trousers, she then placed the pants inside the bag along with the jacket while he finished strapping his leather belt. "You're so slow! Hurry up!" She placed his leather shoes before him as finally the uniform boots went in the bag, and with haste she closed the bag and continued back on to where the others where. Ricky slipped on his shoes after his short sleeve shirt was on, and he tied the strings quickly with a hand to grasp the scabbard of his longsword as he returned to the group. Hannah had the pack on her back whilst Telion held onto the basket, both murmured to one another as Telion still looked all the more concerned.

"Halabin's locking up the shop, he has a back door that will take us to the backstreets of the city." Ricky practically jumped as he felt his old man's hand fall on his left shoulder, an exhale in relief followed as he turned to face his father. "You and I will go seperate from Hannah and Telion, the two are more likely t' get home quicker if we aren't with 'em."

"But that's risky, how am I s'pose to guard 'er if I'm not with 'er." Ricky objected as Hannah came next to intervene, the situation grew intense as everybody's nerves were on edge.

"I'll watch over her Ricky, you know I'm a good fighter. I can protect her as well as you can." She didn't sound snappy but still arguementive, Ricky wanted to object further but knew this was something out of his control now. Instead of him being the one to take care of his family, it felt like the total opposite was happening as of now. Almost as though this Coup set everything in reverse for a time. "Right then, we're all set. You two have your weapons as I have mine, let's get this shyke moving."
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

When The Storm Hits

Postby Ricky Maze on September 22nd, 2013, 10:59 pm

Ricky and Burt grunted as they finally fitted the body of the Denvali in a crate, and by fit they literally worked together to lift him into the crate and place him in the fetal position to try and stuff him in. It was a process that grew tiresome as Ricky just wanted to leave the body in the street and be done, but alas they had to remove it from the shop well enough to avoid suspicion, and Burt thought that stuffing a probably dead if not unconcious armored man in a box was the solution. At least they weren't forced to kill him, since that was the last thing on Ricky's agenda today. With the women gone ahead it was just Burt and Ricky now, father and son together in the tucked alleyways of the cities backside. "We'll find less trouble through these streets, but we've to hurry if we wanna get home safely." His father explained as he drew his own sword from his side, it was a steel broad sword that looked to be worn from many adventures. Ricky drew his long sword and followed along with his father in earnest, as they made haste onward into the deeper recesses of Zeltiva's backstreets.

They moved at a sort of a jogging speed to maintain their breathing pace all the while covering more distance quickly, as Burt navigated the turns they had to take in order to move.closer to the Old Quarter. That was when they encountered them. Two mercenaries with blooded axes and swords, hungry looks for more fighting and killing as they approached Ricky and Burt. They had to have combed through the streets in an effort to search out those who were evading the bulk of the chaos, the fight that continued elsewhere moved all around while fragments of it scattered to the smaller areas like here. Footsteps clanked within the other parts of the backstreets behind them, and Ricky swore in bitterness as he gripped his longsword tightly. "Damn!"

"Remember what I taught you son. Together we cut through." Burt instructed him as he charged at one of the mercenaries, Ricky took on the other with sword arched up for a lunge from above. With a bit of momentum picked up Ricky jumped forward and brought his blade down to clash onto the flat side of an axe, the merc quick to react with a kick sent to Ricky's stomach. The guard grunted and staggered back off guard with just a moment to follow up with a reaction, the axe aimed for his skull as his eyes returned to his opponent. Ricky eased back into a roll away from the attack as he felt his back hit the hard ground, quick to roll to his feet as he mentally recollected his surroundings. There was only the slight haze in his mind from the reaction he quickly chose but as he remained knelt down the merc had charged forward with his axe raised, followed with a bloodlust roar as he zoned in for the killing blow he had ready for Ricky. The guards focus centered on the middle of the merc's chest as he kicked off with his sword angled forward, a jab sent towards the armor he wore as the mercenary came even closer. Ricky heard a loung ping follow with the sound of metal scraping metal as flesh became pierced, his eyes closed shut as he blocked out the such sound with the thought of home. Home and family, both waiting for his safe return.

He pulled back with a clockwise spin to follow as his blade soared around to knock his fallen opponent down, blood covered his sword as he held together his composure. Burt had finished the fight he had with his opponent, and he was quick to check on his son immediately afterwards. "You alright?" Ricky could only nod as he was at a loss for words now, he killed yet another man in the name of self defense. Killing others a thing he didn't appreciate he found it all the more easier to do in times like now, however that didn't mean he didn't regret taking that person's life in the process. "C'mon son, we've to move. Now!" He nudged Ricky forward as he followed along once more, eyes still at the mercenary he dispatched as a blood puddle slowly grew from underneath. He caught sight of others rounding a corner onto the street they were on, just as they themselved rounded a corner to head further along into the Old Quarter. They had to hurry lest they be caught in a fight they couldn't win, and with hastey caution as to which routes they took they swiftly approached the Old Quarter.

Finally after many made bee lines that helped get them to this section of Zeltiva, they were on the main street now as people ran in terror. Several Wave Guards fought along with other Zeltivans against Denvali and their hired mercenaries, the chaos of the battle rampant as people all around screamed and fled in haste. They were lucky to get to the building complex that housed Ricky's room, the door hung open as locals that fled filed in quickly to escape the danger. Ricky and Burt were quick themselves as they proceeded up to the second floor, and soon meet back up with Hannah and Telion once inside. There was much relief in seeing they were all present and together, and with the door finally locked to prevent intruders they could finally relax a bit and discuss the event that unfolded in the city today...
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

When The Storm Hits

Postby Ricky Maze on September 24th, 2013, 11:04 pm

"Meow." Fenvur stalked his way onto Ricky's lap as he and Telion sat at on the bed, Burt had taken the chair since Hannah watched the outside through the window while she leaned against the wall. Telion stroked the kittens spine while Ricky rubbed his head almost subconciously, the whole room still tense as they were all dead silent just for a chime. They could hear the sounds of the fighting outside, the people in the building terrorized as the chaos ensued within the city. They were all here but Ricky's mind wandered to others in his life, he felt sure Tallis was all right as the boy could take care of himself quite well, but Gale would have to be checked on later when they were all settled.down. As the shock of the event settled and slowly passed someone finally found the ability to break the silence. "Quite a turn o' events..." Burt sighed as he looked perplexed by what he'd seen, his scarred face troubled by the Denvali's uprising. "T' think the Denvali would try t' claim the city f'r themselves, they've 'nother thing comin' with this lil' stunt."

"Whatcha mean by that?" Ricky inquired with an arm around Telion, her head relaxed on his shoulder as she leaned onto him.

"If the Denvali think Zeltiva'll let them step up then they surely don't know the city. People will revolt and fight f'r freedom before lettin' scum like Denval callin' the shots." Hannah jumped in next after Burt explained.

"Meaning they have a serious fight on their hands, and I'm sure we all know who the winning side will be if we consider who's on it." The all remained silent as she stepped towards the bed and sat.next to Telion. "The Wave Guard for one, though they hardly have real combat experience. The University with its mages, if they help fight of course. Personally I think Ricky and I know one particular individual who'd be prepared for this."

"Ignotus." Ricky answered with a sharp look to Hannah, as he recalled their last meeting in the summer. "He knew the Denvali were up t' somethin' but I thought 'em wrong, mainly 'cause nothin' happened on the day he said the Denvali were t' strike."

"Yet he wasn't wrong, he just knew only so much. Had only such time to prepare." Hannah added with arms crossed.

"I'm sorry, who's this Ignotus?" Burt asked with an intrigued look.

"Ignotus Everto." Both Ricky and Hannah stated his name as they both knew him all too well, Telion remained silent though as she too hardly knew of Igno. However Burten's expression changed to surprise as he laid back in the chance, his face troubled by the mention of the name.

"So he's still 'round..." Burt then sharply looked to the three as he leaned forward once again. "Listen Ricky, you're best bet is to avoid getting involved in this Coup. Even better, avoid involvement with Ignotus." His suggestion caused Ricky's brow to furrow. "I know ya wish t' fight son, but you've a child on the way and that's first priority. Understand?"

Ricky slowly nodded in curiosity as he looked to his father. "Aye, but what's this got t' do with Igno?"

"Nothing right now," His father quirked, "but I'd avoid further involvement if I were you."

"Too late for that..." Hannah mumbled after a scoff, Telion glanced over to her with a concerned to Ricky afterwards.

"We all have a long season ahead o' us, so it falls to workin' t'gether t' see we make it. F'r now we'll remain indoors but when the fightin' and chaos calms enough, we'll work on gettin' suplies f'r the time we spend indoors." Burt explained after he stood up with crossed arms, the other three were silent but agreed with the plan. In the coming days they would have to take precautions and decide what they could do, and they would have to work.together in order to stay alive.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

When The Storm Hits

Postby Edreina on March 24th, 2014, 12:28 am

Ricky

Skill Points
SkillPoints
Brawling+1XP
Longsword+2XP

Lores Gained
  • Location and Ownership: General Store
  • The Coup of the Denvali
  • Ignotus: Right About the Denvali
  • Stay Together, Stay Alive

Notes
Not too terribly much to award, but a good thread nonetheless! :)

Inventory Additions
  • Basket (Large, Elaborate, Birch wood)
  • Undergarment (Cotton, Small)
  • Shirt (Linen, Small)
  • Breeches (Linen, Small)
  • Blanket (1 Sq yd Cloth, Wool)
  • Blanket (1 Sq yd Cloth, Cotton)

Please edit your grade request to show that this thread has been graded.

~
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)