Flashback First goodbye, [Sevris]

When two friends part for a long time, it can get emotional, or not?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

First goodbye, [Sevris]

Postby Amelia Cross on March 8th, 2013, 1:18 pm

[92nd day of winter 508.a.v.]
[Shore of Lake Ravok]
[Near The Southern Trading Post]
[Middle day]

It was clear that spring was near, now that the weather was good even outside of Ravok. Fauna had found a place in the warm sun to rest, while Amelia was sitting on a big rock. Waiting patiently, her face was a mixture of joy and sadness as the hair she let lose occasionally flew in her face because of the wind. The first visit of Ravok in Amelia’s life has come to an end. Her thoughts of the city were still a big mess as it was everything her mother had told her about it, but so much more. The people were nice for the most part, but the ones that weren’t…every city has the people who are always grumpy. Not to mention, the beauty of the city itself was amazing, Amelia still could recall the time she just stared at buildings and how she almost fell into the lake. She just couldn’t imagine how her mother could have said of Ravok to be the hearth of all evil? Her mind just didn’t understand, or maybe that was because her father made sure, that the girl saw only the best.

Nearly a bell passed while Amelia was preparing Fauna for the trip back to Syliras. She made sure to brush and clean the horse well, secure the saddles and her bags. The white leopard colored horse was young, but bout of them have managed to find good contact with each other and strangely, the horse liked it here in the Trading post stables. Everyhting was directing Amelia towards staying, but she couldn’t. Her mother wanted to see her and the men she would be traveling with would be here soon, or so she hopped… but that wasn’t what she was excited about, she missed Syliras and her mother, but what the black haired woman was truly impatient about was seeing a friend - Sevris Lazarian, the one person in Ravok she managed to befriend, or so she thought. The two teens had arranged a meeting here, outside the city. She still wasn’t sure how it happened; all she remembered was the words ‘see you there!’ that were exchanged a few days ago when the two of them discussed the departure of the girl to the city of the knights.

Once she returned to her all seeing position on the top of a rock, her mind couldn’t stop but wonder where is Sevris? Slowly her red lips curled into a small frown, as she hugged her knees close to her chest and began singing a song she knew well. ”She’s here, she never left, her hearth is staying here where the sun never leaves and moon shines brighter, her hearth belongs to Ravok”

Last edited by Amelia Cross on March 9th, 2013, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

First goodbye, [Severis]

Postby Sevris on March 9th, 2013, 5:06 am

It was the type of day that could warm even the most cruelest of days. However that particular day Sevris could only produce a fierce scowl. He was no warrior just yet, and was not used to letting go. He wanted to believe it was an innate ability within everyone. But he was not old enough to know that such things are a myth.

He had told her that he would meet her outside the city. Before she departed he had wanted to have at least one last time with her. Amelia was one to enjoy such simple pleasantries. As Sevris neared their desired location, his ears were overtaken by such a pleasant sound.

He recognized it, it couldn't be anyone else anyways. He came up behind her as she sung and stood acutely aware of her soothing voice. She was aware of his arrival and turned around. But continued to sing, as she locked eye contact with Sevris.

Resisting the urge to smile was impossible for the young Lazarin. When she finished Sevris said to her, "That was a mighty fine tune. Bravo."
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Words: 187865
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

First goodbye, [Sevris]

Postby Amelia Cross on March 10th, 2013, 8:57 pm

The dark haired girl wasn’t close to finishing her song, when she heard footsteps near her. One could say that her hearth smiled as she did recognize the rhythm they made. She turned around, the song still in half and now her face was also full of a smile as she locked her eyes with the young man she awaited, the Lazarian himself. ”her hearth belongs to Rhysol’s Ravok” Amelia finished with a bit of notable sadness in her voice despite the smile on her face, but it was washed away soon enough with his well-placed compliment, earning a small chuckle out from the girl ”Thank you, too bad I’m not half as good at making rhymes as I am at holding a tune” she answered while climbing off her improvised pedestal on top of the big, grey rock. At times like this, she was sincerely glad that she chose to wear boots, not high heeled shoes like most girls.

”I’m glad you came, for a moment I thought you wouldn’t show up” the black haired girl almost skipped a few steps until she was finally face to face with Sevris, barley holding any distance. Her black eyes staring right into his, her ever present red smile was eager to lurk out a more fun part of him, something not as serious and a bit freer. Amelia was aware of how her father wanted her to act with Sevris, what kind of impression she had to make on him and potentially the whole Lazarian family. But Amelia was still young, and her father’s teachings seemed to only linger in the back of her head when she was with the man, with her friend. At least, Amelia wished to believe he was her friend. She didn’t want to pretend with the only person in the city, who she felt warm with.

Before she managed to follow her own thoughts, she toke Sevris’s hand into hers and quite innocently asked him ”A walk?” her head tilting to the side and as usual for her, eyes half but looking up into his, looking for a reaction, she wasn’t naïve but she was hopeful that she wasn’t the only one of the two who thought of the other, as a friend. Amelia was well aware of the fact that she was new to Sevris, the two teens knew each other for no more than a season and it wasn’t quite enough to get emotionally attached, but, she liked to hope and dream no less than any girl on these lands. Ravok could be so lonely, if she had a friend, she would have someone to return to, other than her father.

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

First goodbye, [Sevris]

Postby Sevris on March 11th, 2013, 3:39 am

It took no longer than a millisecond for Sevris to revert from his usual solid and dull exterior, to a more freewill young man, whenever he was around her. She had for a fleeting a second believed that he would not show. He felt the smile creep on his face as he batted his white hair away. "I wouldn't miss the pleasantry of your company for anything."

She approached him as he spoke. As she got closer he became increasingly aware of distinct and pleasant aroma. He reacted to it instantly, he knew the scent for it was a signature scent. And it only belonged to Amelia. The Apprentice had never shared this information to her as Sevris felt it was revealing to much.

Amelia was one of the first people he had ever shared such a strange connection with. Strange because he felt slightly invigorated by inhaling it, a most curious sensation. He noticed it the first they had met, and ever since has noted on it with every encounter. "A walk." She had taken his hand and tilted her head, staring into his eyes.

He grasped her hand firmly and merely said, "Of course." He led her along a beaten path at a slow pace. They said nothing at first, for the conversation was inevitable. But they enjoyed the grace of each other company for a fair minute.

Sevris kept taking fleeting glances at her, hoping to find some way for the right words. He wasn't exactly a smooth one, but he found the courage to ask what was really on his mind. "When will you return?"'
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

First goodbye, [Sevris]

Postby Amelia Cross on May 15th, 2013, 6:30 am

Amelia’s smile brightened as soon as Sevris agreed to the walk. If this had ended up as just a simple and dry goodbye, she’d be disappointed. Strangely, she’d be disappointed in herself, as she would have forced someone to cross the lake of Ravok, for exchanging just a few sentences. She was glad, sincerely, and as she could feel the young man hold her hand a bit tighter, she couldn’t help but feel at peace. ”Lovely” was all she added with an innocent flip of her dark hair, before Severis himself began leading the way.

Amelia didn’t protest, to her, the company was enough. She didn’t want to speak, probably because she wasn’t sure of what to say. There was the little girl in her who wanted to be weird, funny and playful. Then there was the Amelia who is so devoted to her father, that she knew, Severis was to be treated as more than most men. With all this thinking, she didn’t even have much left in her to concentrate on where they were going. All she could tell apart was the noise of Fauna walking behind them.

”…” just as she turned towards him, to finally say something. The young man spoke, before she managed to get any sounds out from her lips. ” When will you return?” such a simple question, but Amelia hadn’t considered it. For her father, she could stay in Ravok forever,he’d like that, and Amelia’s mother, the woman was used to letting Amelia do almost anything. What did Amelia want? She wasn’t that sure of that.

For a brief moment, She turned her eyes away from him once more, the free hand of hers found its way to the fabric of her dress, playing with it nervously, before a coy smile came upon her features again and she spoke ”I don’t know, I never thought of it” almost a giggle ”I have a complicated situation you know, not to mention, Ravok is such a lonely place” The girl stated, as she pulled her other, hand away from Severis. ”You see, I could return as soon as fall, or as late as a few years” little to no emotion in her voice. She didn’t say anything else for a moment, wanting to get used to the thought herself. Could she really live that long without Ravok? Did she even want Ravok, or was it something else from here she craved…

”You see, I have learned to love this city despite it being so different from what I am used to, but that doesn’t mean I can cope with the loneliness…in this city, it seems that people are wearing masks all the time, like they don’t even know who they are anymore…” Amelia began speaking, of her favorite comparison to Ravok, an endless masquerade where people have more than just one mask…they change from one to the other depending on the partner they dance with ”If everyone hides, it’s so…lonesome and I need, contact…emotional and…” slowly rubbing her upper arms, to comfort herself, much like a child ”…physical”

A snap, as soon as she finished her sentence she realized how much she had been talking of things that probably don’t interest the young man, who is probably more interested in war. ”Well didn’t I just get emotional!” she chuckled, letting her hands fall freely by her side ”The thing is, I don’t know…but…would you want to see me back?”

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

First goodbye, [Sevris]

Postby Sevris on June 24th, 2013, 10:15 pm

Sevris listened intently as he walked alongside Amelia. She was crestfallen about her choice to leave their beloved city, and maybe something else. Though when she spoke it sounded like she there was something lacking in her need in the city. Her words, ”The thing is, I don’t know…but…would you want to see me back?”

He looked at her suddenly taken aback by the question. "Of course I would. Serving chaos can make one lose his balance on the world. You serve as a chain to pull me back. Besides there's still much to do in our lives."

Sevris had held moved his whitening hair out the way of his face. He was strange looking human based on skin color and hair tone. It made him feel weird, but not when he was around Amelia. He grabbed her hand again and looked directly into her eyes. Careful not to miss a beat. "Promise me you will?"
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

First goodbye, [Sevris]

Postby Amelia Cross on June 25th, 2013, 2:41 pm

Amelia had expected the man to make fun of her overly emotional speech. To joke around about the Cross girl being too girly and overly dreamy. But nothing of that came, what came to her, surprised her more than anything really. Sevris told her, he would really want to see her. The girl was sure, it was mere politeness and nothing beyond that, but actually, he didn’t come off as someone to pretend in order to be polite. The family, Lazarin, they didn’t need it. So it made her wonder.

”Serving chaos?” Amelia questioned, out of a little bit of awkwardness. She didn’t think a Ravokian would call their life ‘serving chaos’, as she was sure that people here didn’t find it like that. She was sure that they were thought to think of this as the best way to live.

None the less, that was forgotten, as soon as Sevris toke her by the hand, looking into her eyes and asked her to promise him, to promise him that she would come back to Ravok. Did this mean he was asking her to come back to him to? Or was it politeness? It was all too confusing as she didn’t expect him to honestly miss her, she thought it was a passing friendship. ”If you…really want me to come back…I…I promise, I will come…at fall…probably” clearly stuttering in her words as she had a slight blush on her face, it was natural, wasn’t it?

Somewhere in the distance, not really that far away, Amelia could hear the voice of men. Making her wonder, were they the men she was supposed to meet up with, the ones she is traveling with back to Syliras. If that was the case, it meant that time had passed too quick.

oocpoking this to the conclusion, hope you don't mind

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

First goodbye, [Sevris]

Postby Sevris on June 30th, 2013, 4:38 am

OOCYea I know I suck. I got hit with a thunderstorm that rocked my internet and it hasn't worked since. Only way I can to do it is to get the hotspot. But we can have a chance meeting at a certain party perhaps ;) "I do honestly. And till the fall I shall wait." Spending most of his time training to be a killer. Developing skills that would be better in hurting someone, instead of developing more mental skills, like missing someone. An uncommon feeling with Sevris as his family was stationed here as the hierarchy of Ravok. They never left or let Sevris feel like he was truly alone.

But as it was with Lazarin's, distrust began to spring around him. He felt he couldn't trust any of them. Except a complacent Amelia Cross, who did not fear his station nor family. Such luxuries come at a price unseen by the regular civilians. Sevris however was taken by her, despite her being a beauty which was only a plus to him.

Faintly he began too hear men in the distance. He noticed it because he was so focused on his still beating heart and its synchronized beating with Amelia's. The young Lazarin felt that his time was drawing near with her. Unaware of what to say afterwards, he felt that words wouldn't work. Perhaps acting he could say what he wanted.

He drew her near with a gentle pull. Unlike him. As his what he was doing was unlike him. Sevris leaned forward towards her and planted a simple kiss on her lips firmly. Letting them linger only for a few seconds before he pulled back and said, "Either reprimand me, or come too me. Next I see you ma'lady." A ghost of a smile looked to be upon his face as he said goodbye.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

First goodbye, [Sevris]

Postby Amelia Cross on June 30th, 2013, 3:01 pm

The slowly building up silence between the two was highly unpleasant for Amelia. She wasn’t used to feeling nervous, not around men at least. But somehow, that was exactly how she felt. Nervous and possibly even awkward. The girl didn’t have what to say anymore, she just waited for him to say his goodbye and leave. She was even prepared, that their named friendship, was nothing but a chance thing, that occurred with no real reason.

However, the moment she was pulled towards him, she was lost. Maybe her confusion was the reason she didn’t protest, at least that would be what she would tell herself. But truth be told, she wanted it and had a bolder fall down from her chest, the moment she was pulled into the kiss. Was it her first? No, and it most definitely wasn’t her last. But still, it felt different then all the rest, and somehow, special.

The soft, quick kiss was over. Amelia knew, that the moment she moved away from him, she would leave for a long time. ”Don’t say goodbye, say, till next time” Amelia told the young Lazarin as she stepped away from him, and using a nearby rock as mounting block, got on top of Fauna, who seemed to be eagerly waiting to get back to the city of Syliras. ”Till next time, Sevris” Amelia told him, blowing a kiss before she tapped Faunas side, to head over to the men who were waiting for her.

As she arrived, her hearth felt heavy, she had a good friend waiting back at Syliras, her mother and dear people…but somehow, she missed Ravok already, and she could still see the lake. She was bound to come back, someday.

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

First goodbye, [Sevris]

Postby Alric Wilmot on October 14th, 2013, 3:46 pm

Grades

Amelia Cross
  • Seduction +2
  • Singing +1

Lores: Longing Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Sevris
  • Detection +1
  • Observation +1
  • Seduction +1

Lores: An Anchor in a Sea of Chaos

Notes

Secret :
Any questions or criticisms? PM me and I'll get back to you. Also, please delete or edit your post in the Ravok Request Thread to indicate that it has been graded.
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets