Closed The Creation of Feeling

[Razkar]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

The Creation of Feeling

Postby Edreina on October 8th, 2013, 6:11 am

37th of Fall, 513 AV
22nd Bell

The night had started off like any other: at the end.

Lanterns sputtered beneath breath before dying, fires were banked, even Leth hid behind a silvery cloud. The sounds of snoring and humming competed with crickets, bats, and footsteps. A gentle breeze whispered through the camp, making a tent's entrance flap flutter, exposing for an instant two figures.

The fact that two figures shared a tent was no phenomenal detail in and of itself. Their writhing, barely restrained motions, however, would draw the eye. One figure could have grown from the darkness itself, painted by voids, with hair like a tipped vessel of ink. During the day, he claimed one's attention, decked in glinting metal and a fierce scowl. But, in the night, the arched figure of his dance-partner stood out as plainly as a sixth finger on one's hand. Her skin was bleached a vibrant shade of white by Leth's waning light, and seemed to be adorned by a pattern of spots hand-painted by a goddess herself. Blue eyes normally glinting in even the faintest light were obscured by pale lids; hair like fire dazzled with each disturbance.

Their lips clashed with a silky whisper, motion a mutation of the simple kiss they had started with in an attempt to end their night. But now, passion had exploded forth in a wave neither could deny nor fight. There was the furtive motion of one shadow as it was pulled atop another, chests pressed close, hands exploring hips and shoulders as the kiss wore on. Edreina felt herself pulled downward, pressed against evidence of his arousal. Or, had she moved in such a way of her own volition. In any case, the feeling of it caused the Svefra to flex intimately, eliciting a surprised gasp.

You're going to far... Part of her warned, but it was smothered by the part of her that was urging her on. Fifteen days! Fifteen meticulously counted and controlled Syna and Leth cycles they had abstained. All was quiet, all save for the guards slept soundly.

They shifted again, movements made clumsy by haste, another sound left Edreina's lips. Exactly... Everyone else is asleep...

She did not want to stop.

But, she needed to.

"Razkar..." She gasped, hands pushing at his chest. Resistance often became a game between them as one would make the other work for a reward, for control over the other. This time, its intended effect was muddled by passion.

They needed to stop.

Their ruse had been worked for, fought for, for too long now. To throw it away for a few chimes of pleasure would be foolish. The thought sobered Edreina as easily as the time Razkar had launched the drunken Svefra into the Suvan. Without meaning to, Edreina reached for words that would make him understand their need to stop.

Instead, the tiny flame in her chest flickered back to life, tongues of warmth lapping at her lungs. As the words formed on her lips, Djed danced up her throat and onto her tongue. "Raz, we have to stop." The words were infused, rather weakly, yes, as the Hypnotism had not been conducted entirely on purpose, with a trace of Edreina's wyrd. The touch on Razkar's mind would be distinct as its intent differed so drastically from what he had been desiring only a fraction of a tick before. In her words wove the need to stop, to control themselves and abstain for the night.

But, the moment she realized what she had done, Edreina forcefully removed herself from Razkar's embrace, falling back onto her arse and elbows upon her own bedroll. Frantic, her hands moved even as her lips did. "I'm sorry," she said, eyes wide with terror at his reaction. It was no secret that her lover did not appreciate meddling with his mind; part of the Svefra worried that she would be lumped in with the Dhani trickster from days passed because of her transgression. "I'm so sorry, Razkar... I-... I did not mean to..." To what? Influence the mind of your lover? Most women would kill for such an ability. And yet, Edreina shirked from it.

Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Creation of Feeling

Postby Razkar on October 13th, 2013, 6:50 am

Razkar knew, as any true warrior did, that death in battle was his most likely end. Myrian though he was, the realization of that mortal fact had frightened him as a boy. But, as a Myrian, he'd accepted it quickly, even embraced it. It emboldened him in the manic swirl of combat, allowed him to shear away his fear of mortality and become the fighter he needed to be.

But it taught him never to miss those precious moments of beauty and peace life and the gods offered him. Any might be his last. And the moments with his Edreina were among the sweetest he could ask for.

His hand roved and his lips smacked against hers and their careful ruse was easily forgotten in the heat of his passion. In the darkened camp, filled with slumbering souls and bereft of peering eyes, such masks could be hurled away... moreso in the privacy of their tent. Though they could barely see each other, every inch of flesh he found was so... familiar to him. Intimate. Cherished. Exploring it without his eyes was just another quirk of their relationship, appreciating with touch what sight could not.

He was so greedy for it, and greed, like any other sin, removed any sense or control. She was pushing against him and he bullishly ignored it, like most males would. Oh, no. Long hours on Mrrko, overseeing the trudging caravan, riding through wind and rain and tedium, had only added to that fire, that yearning, and he was not about to cease-

"Raz, we have to stop."

Yes, he was. Yes, he did. Impelled from somewhere without and within in the same moment, Razkar's mind and body stalled like he'd hit a wall. The sheer... wrongness, of that denial, his own lusts sated like a well run dry in a blink... he'd felt it before, but-

No. Not here. Not her. She wouldn't-

"I'm sorry/ I'm so sorry, Razkar... I-... I did not mean to..."

For long, horrified ticks, the Myrian could do nothing but stare. Better she didn't see him in that immediate aftermath, he would think later. The look of mingled betrayal and disgust that contorted his features so would have scarred her worse than the white stain his gladius had left on her shoulder. She heard naught but his tense, stunned breathing for a while... occasionally saw the faint slivers of Leth touch his wide, black eyes, staring at her...

She tried to... to...

She made a mistake. You know she foisted a kernel of Hypnotism from the Dhani, and she seeks to learn more. She... she wanted to protect you.

By forcing her words into my mind?!

Look at her, boy. Look at her and see any of what you saw in that witch...

Razkar did... and could not. Even in the dim darkness of the tent, he could make out her quivering lips, knees pulled up to her chest, moisture shining on her blue eyes and misery underlying it. He tried to summon the anger and disgust he'd felt so strongly before, just moments before... and couldn't.

"Edri..."

He breathed the word and nothing more. Choosing them now was crucial. So he wetted his lips and gathered his thoughts and a shuddering exhale shook the air between them.

"... I know you are sorry. I know." Shuffling in the darkness and his looming shadow came closer. A change in texture and shape... his hand reaching... cupping her cheek. "But... you must be careful. Must have control. Powerful wyrd you are wanting now. Must practice to-"

The thought struck him like a blow and his mind almost vomited at it. But the more it rattled through his barbaric skull, the more merit he found there. Practical, usable, combative merit. Something he could use against those sneering shykes like Karin who were too weak to fight like true warriors and so conjured visions and phantoms to fight for them. Yes... it was tempting...

A slash of sharp white met her waiting eyes. A breathless laugh that almost worried her, then-

"Practice. Practice on..." Just one more word. Hard as it is, bu all roads to strength and knowledge are. "... me."
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Creation of Feeling

Postby Edreina on October 18th, 2013, 1:18 am

As her name left his lips, it took everything in her willowy frame to keep from cringing mildly. And next would surely be the criticism she was preparing herself for. She had been a fool, allowing herself to slip and exert her will on him without permission.

Admitting that he knew she was sorry was a step. Had he not moved to touch her cheek, she would have sought the comfort of it on her own, taking it between hers and resting the rough palm against her curving cheek. Instead, she rested her hand atop his, leaning into it. Her thumb made small motions across his knuckles, a subconscious sign of her own vulnerability.

"I- I know! I know I need control," she said quietly, moving to perch on her knees, placing both of her hands on either side of his neck. Her hair was mussed by their exertions and glittered faintly in Leth's light, but her eyes were still only faintly visible as were Razkar's own features. At his suggestion, a surprised, quiet gasp slid through her lips, and she touched his features gently with her fingertips, like a blindwoman. In his expression, she found no sign of jest.

"What... What do you mean, practice on you?" She whispered, past the point of believing. Had she actually fallen asleep after their kiss? Was this all some convoluted dream? "Raz... You can't be serious? You'd..." she looked down, not trusting herself entirely. "You would resent my pushing thoughts upon you... Even if you don't mean to, you'll hold it against me..." There was a flurry of movement like embers being jostled by breeze as Edreina shook her head. The gentle breeze mingled with the sigh that left her lips as she sat back, fingers trembling. "Besides... I doubt I could do it again if I wanted to." It was partially an excuse pushed through her teeth by fear of how he would react to her intrusions, even if he volunteered. The rest of the force driving those words was sincerity... She truly had no clue whether or not she was capable of such once again.

Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

The Creation of Feeling

Postby Razkar on October 20th, 2013, 2:17 am

"Raz... You can't be serious? You'd..."

Razkar tilted his head a little to the side and grimaced as if to say "yeah, not sure I am, either". Stepping outside of his body for a second, he wondered if he'd be equally stunned if someone looking like him, talking to someone looking like Edreina, actually suggested she practice that wyrd he despised more than any other on him... well...

"I know it sounds... out of my mind," he found the words and was completely aware of the double-meaning, but how else could he put it? "But I think-"

"You would resent my pushing thoughts upon you... Even if you don't mean to, you'll hold it against me..."

The opportunistic, ambitious twinkle in the Myrian's eye died with his smile at the sight of her insecurity. Her gaze shied away from his own and she seemed to shrivel in fear before him... but not of him. Any persuasive comeback he might have concocted was abandoned before it began.

Edri had seen the hate and disgust and the never-admitted fear that Raz had displayed to hypnotists... and now he wanted to include her within those maligned ranks? It bordered on cruelty, and Razkar wondered (with typical male ineptness when assuming the female psyche) if she thought he was trying to sabotage their relationship.

But before he could reassure her, there was a minor tornado of red and orange flashing in front of him as she shook her head.

"Besides... I doubt I could do it again if I wanted to."

The twinkle came back. Weakness... of a sort. He sensed it. And while he heard the sincerity and self-doubt under her words and felt the urge to aid her... he also perhaps noticed the tone of one who was looking for someone else to give her a reason not to do something.

Razkar smiled, slowly, gesture like a lazy Winter sunrise... and he stroked her cheek again. When she met his gaze, he tried to make his eyes as steely and reassuring to her as the feel of her fanged and bladed whip she wore.

"You can. You did it once, and you can do it again." He didn't want for her to give another reason, another layer of damnable logic and caution. Nothing was gained without risk, and this was no exception, so he plowed on. "But this not just helps you. It helps me. You know I hate those who make lies in my mind and in my eyes, like that snake shit," his explanation veered into guttural, visceral Myrian, a particular curse he'd taught her, "and you can help me know when someone makes that wyrd on me. Know what signs are, what it feels like."

The Myrian shuffled about in the darkness, eager if not-quite-coherent thoughts spilling from his every gesture. He wetted his lips and grasped for a metaphor, a comparison, and-

"Ah!"

-apparently found one.

"When you spar, with... say... your wakizashi, and I use my gladius? You learn to use your weapon, yes? Yes, of course. You learn to strike and block and parry and thrust... but your enemy, he learns your weapon, too. He learns what it can do, how it can move. This is the same."

Now both hands touched her cheeks, cupping them, callused and hardened palms so gentle against her smooth cheeks. Twin spots of glittering ebony stared at her... about to make another landmark.

"I love you. Love is nothing if trust is not with it... and I do."
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The Creation of Feeling

Postby Edreina on October 27th, 2013, 9:28 pm

For all of his comforting words, Edreina was still ill-at ease when considering the situation. She hated the prospect of forcing her thoughts on her lover, but even more abhorrent was the possibility of him being subjected to the will of another because he could not recognize the feeling. And so, the Svefra sighed and turned to kiss the Myrian's palm, forcing the tension to leave her body as she resigned herself with the fact that there was no changing his decision. Stubborn old Myrian.

"Just... give me a minute..." she whispered, settling back into a more comfortable stance. She placed her hands atop his, holding them against her cheeks as she sought some sort of inspiration to draw on the Djed. Never before had she thought to summon the power, only taken advantage of it when she needed it the most. Blue orbs were obscured by pale lids as she retreated into herself, reaching down into her chest to locate the source of her Djed.

Its warmth and light seemed so far away, like the faintest glimmer of Syna on the horizon. Between she and it lay a vast sea, roiling and dancing with her own emotions as she worried over her actions. To reach it... I probably have to focus, she realized belatedly. Every other time she had touched it, her mind had been consumed by a single emotion or intent, thus making the waves of the sea more predictable and monotonous. As her mind was not under the assault of fear nor a sense of duty, she would have to seek another alternative. Perhaps... the consideration was met with a gentle scrunching of her nose, a pursing of her lips, if I can calm all of my emotions, I can reach it?

As odd and unreachable as it seemed, she had promised to try. Slowly, she sought something to focus on while she attempted to calm her mind. It was the same technique she used to fall asleep when her mind was a riotous tempest, only she hoped to stay awake this time. Usually, she focused upon the gentle motions of the sea around her. But, they were in the dry wilderness and the Svefra was unable to find a rhythm in the songs of the birds nor of the wind. Eventually, Edreina realized that, within her tent, there was a rhythm. It was the same one that had helped her sleep in recent nights.

In and out, in and out came the breath of her lover, the one who was now trusting her enough to allow her to impress the whims of her mind upon his. In and out, in and out. After an eternal tick, Edreina felt her breath aligning with his and her mind stilling ever so slowly. In... and out... In... and... out...

Drowsiness nearly seized the woman until she remembered her purpose. The thin edge of Syna was now more visible as she peered across a more still sea. This, she realized, could be traversed. Mentally she plunged across the surface of the water, drawing herself closer to the source of light and heat that filled her chest. As she moved towards it, it crept closer to her, begging to be used.

Finally, her fingertips submerged in the radiance. From there, warmth bloomed in her body, trickling up her throat and coating her vocal cords. She felt a whisper of power humming through her veins, sparking on her tongue as it waited.

And now, she came to the question of how to direct it. Emotions such as fear, anger, and confusion were too heavy for this moment. No. Edreina wanted to reward Razkar for his acceptance, for his courage to allow her to practice this foreign skill upon him. Amusement. The word danced into her mind without hesitation. It was something that she always aimed to do anyway - amuse the stoic Myrian - perhaps now she would be able to do it on purpose and not through some unconscious antic.

Finally, her eyes opened and they were alight with a playful energy. Full lips quirked ever so slightly as their eyes met. Dredging through her memories, Edreina was unable to find anything that could make him laugh except for a joke he himself had once told her. Here's hoping this works...

The Svefra knew that jokes were meant to be funniest at the punchline and so she kept the Djed on her tongue in place until it came around. "Two Myrians come across a Akalak in the jungle. After killing him, they decide to split the body evenly. "Look," said one cannibal. "I'll start at the head, and you start at the feet, and we'll meet in the middle."" She hesitated, realizing that her nervous energy and excitement was causing her to speak too quickly. Taking a breath, she forces herself to slow as she continues. "So the two begin to devour the Akalak's body. After a short while, the first Myrian looks up and says, "How's it going down there?"

"I'm having a ball!" replied the other.

"No!" shouted the first Myrian." Like liquid gold, Edreina allowed the Djed on her tongue to drizzle over her next words, imbuing them with the need to amuse Razkar as they left her lips. The entire time, her dancing eyes remained locked wit his." "You're eating too fast!" " Once the punchline left her lips, she felt the Djed flowing through her body snap and recoil back into her chest. Her focus had disintegrated as she moved from trying to impress a feeling upon Razkar to attempting to discern his reaction. As expected, a lack of surety seized her, sending the ocean in her chest into violent waves once again. She could only hope that she had managed to accomplish something.

Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

The Creation of Feeling

Postby Razkar on October 30th, 2013, 2:42 am

"Just... give me a chime..."

Razkar gave her more than the singular. As long as she needed, that was as long as he would wait. The war of indecision and latent guilt was barely-disguised in her beautiful features, marred as they were by his dark hands on her cheeks... and that alone prompted a his lips to quirk into a slow smile. He could feel the tension begin to ease out of her, even as her brows knotted in concentration.

She gained peace from him. Strength. Rhythm. The savage cocked his head to one side and whatever his face was in the darkness, it was not the distrust and suspicion she was so afraid of.

Razkar could think of three other souls not of his blood that he would trust this far. Three among millions.

And only one barbarian.

Her eyes opened again and for a moment, it seemed brighter in the tent. Just for a tick. Her eyes, like gimlets, shone with some wyrd that immediately raised Razkar's hackles, the hair on his neck, the stiffening of his jaw... until he forced himself to relax. This was just part of it.

"Two Myrians come across a Akalak in the jungle..."

An odd, breathless little gasp was snatched from Razkar's throat by the sheer... inanity of the statement. Until he realized it was not a statement: it was the start of... oh, no...

His lips went from an oval of confusion to a rising half-moon of wary amusement. Oh, he'd heard this before! Damnit, what was the punchline? Breathless and stumbling though her delivery was, the incredulity of, of Edreina, his Edreina, telling that dirty bloody joke that had set beery sellswords roaring with laughter in taverns across the world-

"I'm having a ball!"

There was a muffled choking sound that could have been laughter, but Razkar held it back. Be watchful! You are training here, remember?! Besides, the joke doesn't end there, does it? Ah, how did it-

"No! You're eating too fast!"

It wasn't that funny. Now the words were fully formed in his mind, Razkar remembered laughing at it before, rolling his eyes, but that small section of him that found amusement there... he felt it... swell. Balloon like a pig skin filled with water, willing him to voice his-

-snorts of laughter much like a coughing dog rolled in fitful waves from the tent, waking up a sellsword next door. Razkar actually clamped a hand over his mouth, shoulders still bobbing madly, eyes manic even as Edreina slumped in exhaustion.

"Sh--Sh-Shyke...!"

He had to wait until that feeling subsided before realizing that it had not been entirely his own. A new, wary curiosity crept into his eyes as he turned them inwards. What had that been? He had... felt it. Something... blossoming inside his mind. Not just the belief her joke was funny but the suggestion... that came from...

Outside. That was the only word he could find for it. The Myrian's face fell into a deep frown of contemplation as he sought to burn that feeling into his mind. He had felt a pressure there, something compelling his lips to laugh. As she watched him, breathing harder and harsher with effort, Edreina saw a flash of shark-like teeth in the gloom of the tent.

Like a dueling stance. You see it, you learn it, and when you see it again in your enemy, you know what to expect. The unknown is not a weapon against you.

"I felt it," he said eventually, and she felt the reassuring squeeze of his hand on hers, "In my head... I felt that... push, of your wyrd."

He paused, grim and formless silhouette pondering some nameless conundrum before speaking again.

"And you need to learn how to tell a joke."
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The Creation of Feeling

Postby Edreina on October 31st, 2013, 12:10 am

Edreina's face fell into a frown that met only her eyebrows. For a tick, her lips struggled with it before eventually succumbing to a frown. "Jokes are not my strength," she agreed, unable to find the strength to punch him in the shoulder. "I would say I want to try again, but I fear that I do not have the strength..." As if to prove her point, she swayed unconsciously in place. How could simply altering one's mind so fractionally sap her strength in such a way? "Can we... try again tomorrow? And then nights after that? It will benefit us both."

No matter how tired she may have been, the thought of getting to practice something so strange was an intriguing one. This... this might work. If I can get good enough at this... "Razkar... I have to practice this... And being able to practice on you is my best option." There was an unfamiliar air of seriousness in her eyes. This magic... She had seen Karin do terrifying things with it. Perhaps one day she could use it to keep herself and Razkar out of danger...

OOCPM me what skills you want from this and I'll turn it in. Then, we can start the next one tomorrow.
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

The Creation of Feeling

Postby Perplexity on November 3rd, 2013, 2:04 pm

Riddled with Rewards!

Edreina
Hypnotism +2 XP
Meditation +1 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP

Lores :
  • Hypnotism: To Pierce Through Passion
  • Meditation: Calm Your Emotions
  • Hypnotism: Magical Jokes
  • Rhetoric: Two Myrians and an Akalak

Razkar
Persuasion +2 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Philosophy +1 XP

Lores :
  • Persuasion: Allaying Another’s Fear
  • Observational Insight: The Deeper Difference Between Friend and Foe
  • Rhetoric: Artful Metaphors On Practicing
  • Moral Conviction: Edreina Is Not Like The Dhani

Notes :
If I were you Edri, I would have just left it at the “I’m having a ball!” bit. I did chuckle. As always, well done you two!

Razkar, a Note: Recognizing Hypnotism is difficult. Not so much from a novice Hypnotist but at the higher levels most definitely. The reason being is that Hypnotism acts on an already existing desire to do what it is the Hypnotist is trying to convince you of doing. A Hypnotist convinces a person that what they are suggesting is a good idea by making it seem like the idea originates from their own psyche. Thwarting a Hypnotist is as easy as being of a firm belief that what they are suggesting is wrong. That’s the catch though, the skilled Hypnotist convinces you otherwise.
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)