Completed [Open] Mayhem and Folly

A Charoda arrives in the midst of the chaos borne from the Denvali Coup d'état.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Open] Mayhem and Folly

Postby Yuri Lehrer on November 6th, 2013, 12:26 am

OOCSorry about the late reply, I have been sick over the last week.

Sprinting towards the bandits was probably not the smartest idea, but... taking out the enemy leadership is a priority in any fight or battle and I don't like a prolonged fight. This was Yuri's only thought in the short amount of time it took him to cover a majority of the ground between him and the thugs before the man he'd unarmed decided that the leader was worth saving, and stepped in to throw a kick, low again, while Yuri's main target, the leader, took a defencive stance, dagger guarding his face, and threw a punch towards Yuri's face.

High and Low, again? They must think that because it worked once, then it will keep on working... but, they have to learn that enemies learn and that the same trick rarely works twice on the same person, but I have to get it right or I may not get out of this easily or at all. Thinking this, Yuri kept up the appearance of running towards the Brigands while doing a hasty calculation on the approximate distance between the leg of the Low Attacker and the Fist of the Leader. Now approximately Three meters away Yuri quickly goes over the calculation in his mind and reassures himself. If my quick calculations are correct then this should work... otherwise it will hurt... a lot.

Barely One and a Half meters away now, Yuri implemented his idea, and without slowing down, kicked off of the ground, pointed his sword towards the leader, and tried to get between the attacks by half-rolling and half-lunging. In the air Yuri thought to himself If this works then I will be in the best position to take down the leader, which should cause the others to run, but if I am knocked out of the air, then, I will be in a slightly disadvantageous position, but I should be able to fight my way out of it, although I doubt it.
All thanks to Assilsa Curare for the signature.

Replied Owed 1/1 | Threads 1/5 (3) | Threads Planned: 1 | Threads Awaiting Grading: 0

Threads that need replies: 1/1 (1)
Death to Death
Yuri Lehrer
The Honourable Mercenary

Words: 118678
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2013, 4:19 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[Open] Mayhem and Folly

Postby Phyolea on November 6th, 2013, 3:02 am

The bandit who had thrown the kick at the swordsman swept nothing but air as the swordsman leapt. The leader found himself punching air and in the worst position imaginable. The swordsman had pointed his sword and leapt. The leader prepared for the attack... but there was none. The swordsman had leapt between his two attackers.

The bandit who had kicked low wasted no time. He ran to recover his dagger. "Bahan!" he called to the leader. "We need to get out of here! Look what the little girl did!" The leader glanced quickly at the fish woman and the girl whom he blamed for this mess.

The three bandits on her end were attempting to escape. Two of the three were bleeding. It looked like Jareth was missing a foot? The girl and the fish woman stood together. The leader didn't know what the fish woman was capable of doing... was she biding her time? Was she just as wicked as the crazy tall one next to her?

The bandit succeeded in retrieving his dagger. "Bahan!" The leader seized up the situation once more.

"Petchin' tourists. Don't be stayin' in town." With that, he attempted an escape along with his cohort.
Phyolea
Quicksilver

Words: 42951
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2013, 9:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Open] Mayhem and Folly

Postby Yuri Lehrer on November 6th, 2013, 9:23 pm

Having successfully fit between the attacks, Yuri thought to himself while he followed his course Well, that certainly went better that I thought it would... I didn't even get grazed by their attacks, now to take care of this matter. as he landed, Yuri grunted then rolled behind the leader, standing up and retaking his stance after coming to a halt. Now in an advantageous position, Yuri took a more in-depth observation of the fight, or what was left of it.

The Low Attacker hadn't wasted any time after missing the attack and scurried over to where his dagger had come to rest and retrieved it, he called out to the Leader "Bahan! Look what the little girl did!" This caused Yuri to briefly look at the resulting scene of the fight between the Tall Woman and the thugs which had taken the fight to her.

Two of the Men were bleeding and one of them appeared to be missing a foot, but the simple fact of the matter was that all three of the bandits were trying to escape and the Tall Woman was standing next to the Charoda, sword at the ready, protecting her from any possible surprise attacks, no matter how unlikely that one might be.

Snapping his attention back to Bahan, the leader, Yuri fixates a cold glare on him as he begins to run away calling out as he goes "Petchin' tourists. Don't be stayin' in town." Before Bahan is halfway through his sentence, Yuri sprinted in front of him and stopped and stared at him with cold eyes, and in a calm yet solemn voice tells him "If I ever see you or any of your gang ever show your faces around here again and get into a fight with anyone, make no mistake I. Will. Kill. You." Pausing between each of the last four words to punctuate his point. "Now go, and get away from here Bahan, before I change my mind." With that last comment Yuri stepped to the side to allow Bahan to escape.

After turning back to the women, Yuri began to walk over to them, and introduced himself "Yuri Lehrer, at your service." and bowed courteously to them while informing them on the events which caused the scene barely a minute ago "I do apologise about that, Zeltiva isn't normally like this but, until thirteen days ago the Denvali declared that they were the leaders, and the Old Leaders disputed that claim... and well as you can see, it has developed into an attempt at a coup d'état, with riots all around. And who might you two be?" Adding on the question to hopefully find out who he had saved, and possibly why they were in Zeltiva in the first place.

Replied Owed 1/1 | Threads 1/5 (3) | Threads Planned: 1 | Threads Awaiting Grading: 0

Death to Death
Yuri Lehrer
The Honourable Mercenary

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[Open] Mayhem and Folly

Postby Iff on November 7th, 2013, 4:38 am

With the men retreating, Iff spared a quick up and down look for Phyolea, but the charoda did not seem to be injured. It was only then that Iff bent to see to her injured leg, examining the wound curiously to see if she would need to find a needle and thread to sew it shut of if a simple bandage would do.

Iff nodded in agreement to Yuri's words. "It is so. I have not been here long and yet this is what I am told. The Denvali are troublesome and when I join the Wave Guard I shall work to persuade them to placidity. I am Iff of the Hellcats, this is Phyolea."

She nodded to the Charoda, her hands busy with binding her wound.
Iff
Player

Words: 14848
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:08 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

[Open] Mayhem and Folly

Postby Phyolea on November 7th, 2013, 5:46 am

Bahan had reluctantly turned to retreat when the swordsman stepped up to him and threatened him. "If I ever see you or any of your gang ever show your faces around here again and get into a fight with anyone, make no mistake I. Will. Kill. You. Now go, and get away from here Bahan, before I change my mind." The swordsman had given him a cold stare. Bahan returned his stare with a smoldering glare. The provocation nearly made him go berserk with rage.

"You wanna change your mind? Let's handle this now, petchin' pansy. You think you're bad because of your sword? HUH?" Bahan moved to answer the swordsman's provocation with his dagger, but his cohort forcefully pulled him away. "Get yourself together! Jareth needs you!" Bahan's friend turned his head toward the direction of the other three bandits. The bandit with the missing foot was still losing blood. His skin had started to become paler. "Tch," Bahan spat irritably. The two of them went to help their friends. The five of them got themselves to safety and disappeared into East Street.

The swordsman was free to address the ladies. "Yuri Lehrer, at your service." He bowed courteously and continued. "I do apologise about that, Zeltiva isn't normally like this but, until thirteen days ago the Denvali declared that they were the leaders, and the Old Leaders disputed that claim... and well as you can see, it has developed into an attempt at a coup d'état, with riots all around. And who might you two be?"

Phyolea stood in silence with a webbed hand covering part of her mouth. It looked as if she was in shock. The cut from the punch she received to the face was not visible. Nor did she particularly care about it at that moment. Iff spoke up. "It is so. I have not been here long and yet this is what I am told. The Denvali are troublesome and when I join the Wave Guard I shall work to persuade them to placidity. I am Iff of the Hellcats, this is Phyolea."

The Charoda finally focused her eyes on the swordsman and on Iff, having been roused with the mention of her name. She nodded at the swordsman. She hid her thoughts as she considered the information that the swordsman told them. The bruises from the repeated punching from the bandit would show up later on her silvery skin. She wasn't in the mood to worry about aesthetics. Still keeping one hand over her mouth, she extended the other webbed hand to shake the swordsman's hand in greeting.
Phyolea
Quicksilver

Words: 42951
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2013, 9:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Open] Mayhem and Folly

Postby Yuri Lehrer on November 11th, 2013, 9:56 pm

Standing up straight and sheathing his sword, Yuri was glad he had been able to do something about this incident, unlike the rest of the coup, which was like a version of hell on earth. Rolling his shoulders, Yuri got a better look at the pair he had helped out, compared to the brief glance he had given them towards the start of the encounter.

The Charoda seemed to be OK, if in a state of shock, webbed hand at her mouth. The Taller Woman on the other hand seemed to have been cut on her leg, a wound which was still bleeding and would probably need medical attention if not treated and covered soon. Yuri's question still hung in the air, if for a few brief moments, before the Taller Woman answered "It is so. I have not been here long and yet this is what I am told. The Denvali are troublesome and when I join the Wave Guard I shall work to persuade them to placidity. I am Iff of the Hellcats, this is Phyolea." Iff and Phyolea? Both names are easy enough to pronounce, unlike some names I have heard. Iff wants to be a member of the Wave Guard as well, which means she should have some combat experience. Yuri thought to himself for a few moments after getting the answer to his question.

During his quick session of thought, Yuri noted that Phyolea had nodded at him, and had also proffered one of her webbed hands to shake his. Accepting the proffered hand, and holding it firmly, but also gently, Yuri shook Phyolea's hand. After shaking Phyolea's hand, Yuri said, in a conversational tone "Nice to meet you Phyolea, and you as well Iff, are you trying to get somewhere in the city?" Yuri asked, because it seemed like that when he had jumped in to aid them he continued by asking, with sincerity in his voice "Also, that cut of yours may get infected Iff, would you mind if I made a poultice and dressing to put on it, to reduce the risk of infection and to speed the recovery?"

Death to Death
Yuri Lehrer
The Honourable Mercenary

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[Open] Mayhem and Folly

Postby Matthew on March 12th, 2014, 8:12 pm

Yuri

Experience Points:

• +1 Observation
  • +3 Weapon: Broadsword
  • +3 Tactics
  • +1 Brawling
  • +1 Weapon: Dagger
  • +1 Acrobatics
  • +1 Intimidation
  • +2 Socialization

Lores:

• Tactics: Using Taunts to Manipulate Battle
  • Weapon: Using a Pommel for a Simple Disarm
  • Tactics: Using Strategy even in the Midst of a Fight
  • Acrobatics: Basics of a Twisting Flip

Additional Notes :
Phyolea, Iff, neither one of you have updated your CS to reflect the Living Expenses for Winter. When those have been updated, please PM me and I can edit this post to reflect your grade.

If you have any questions or concerns relevant to your grade, don't be afraid to send me a private message so that we can work it all out! Please remember to mark your Grading Request as Graded.

A shout-out to Ollic Rimesage, who was kind enough to make this template for me.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Previous