[Wanda's Scrap] Wait. What?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Annalisa Marin on November 21st, 2013, 3:47 am

Sure its possible. With enough caffeine, blood, and lots and lots of tears anything is possible Wanda m'dear. :p

Also, since I haven't said this yet welcome back! I missed you so very much as well as your delicious artwork. This box is still my default posting code after all. Also the turtle may or may not have been seen when I was in the middle of drinking something, so I'm billing you for a new monitor. Again, good to see you back. ;)
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Mooozik [Wanda-lust's Scrap]

Postby Wanda Endust on November 28th, 2013, 8:22 pm

Music: Wanda's Themes

So because I've actually been doing IC posts every day now, I've had to come up with some songs that get me into Wanda's mindset. I'm gonna put them here for me to keep up with and for you to enjoy!

"Dog Days Are Over" - Florence + The Machine :

"Good Time" - Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen :

"A-Punk" - Vampire Weekend :

"Evening Wear" - Mindless Self Indulgence :

"I Love It" - Icona Pop :

"Unwritten" - Natasha Bedingfield :

"Wild Child" - Enya :

Edit:

And, of course, this. :

Edit 2:

And when Wanda is feeling despondent :

Last edited by Wanda Endust on February 16th, 2014, 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Words: 178647
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2013, 6:10 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Wanda Endust on December 16th, 2013, 5:23 am

Heads up!

First off, sorry to everybody who was expecting a box code this week/last week! I had planned on doing all of them at once, but then I got a sudden influx of PMs for threads. :) I'll be trying to sort them out very soon, but not until I get allof the threads up and running! Speaking of which, I have about four more threads I need to get started on, not counting solos. So! If I already have a thread with you, I'll probably be putting my replies on hold until I get the remainders set up! I'm not expecting it to take longer than this week, but life sure does have a funny way of proving us wrong!

Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Wanda Endust on December 31st, 2013, 3:18 am

Warning: Angsty Teenage Rant in progress.

((I forgot what I was initially going to say, so have an angsty teenage hormone-fueled rant! Yay!) Ugh.)

[wordvomit]

Sometimes it hits me just how young I am.

Sometimes I wonder how on God's green Earth I let seventeen years of my life go by without actually growing up. Even more times, I wonder how, with only seventeen years of experience under my belt, I can be expected to make a choice that will impact what do for the rest of my life. My whole entire life. I have never had a job. I've basically never had to work for anything I've gotten -- in some ways I loathe myself because of it, in some ways I pity myself because of it, and in some ways I think it doesn't matter how I feel about myself because of it. Really, one of the biggest worries I've ever had to deal with is "what if the kids at the new school don't like me?"

And then people think that just because you're 1/5 through with your life, your capable of making important decisions.

I was originally going to post something about Mizahar, but I've just got so many pesky little thoughts crunching around in my brain. I've never really ranted before. I'm not a ranty person. So maybe I've just got so many feeling-thoughts bundled up here that once I cracked the metaphorical cap (simply to see what would happen), all the carbonation and fizz started to escape and spill over and the next thing I knew I was leaking my feels all over the place.

Phew, put that cap back on.

I've never been good at putting my feelings into words. That's a pretty shoddy characteristic for someone that likes to think they're a writer. Oh, I can give you a nine-page essay describing anything, but ask me to describe the way I feel about said thing? Nooo way.

Like I think I was trying to get at earlier, I wonder if it's because I'm just too inexperienced to come up with the right words to grasp my innermost thoughts. (Oooh, that makes it sound so dramatic, doesn't it?)

Maybe. Maybe not. After all, there's a good number of folks three times my age that are just as angsty and immature as I am.

All I really know is that right now I'm sitting here listening to my friends bash another friend because her smelly boyfriend is 6 years older than her and lives in another state, and all I can think is "I KNOW THERE'S MORE TO LIFE THAN THIS."

[/wordvomit]

Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on December 31st, 2013, 3:57 am

Hi, I noticed your rant and decided to pop in and offer some free, unsolicited advice, in case there's a chance it could be useful to you. ;) (Feel free to ignore it of course.)

When I was at my most angsty and my biggest problems were about whether people liked me, my dad suggested I go do volunteer work. Aside from getting to feel good about yourself for helping, and possibly wracking up something to put on a resume for when you go looking for a job or college or whatever, volunteer work is also pretty good for getting "perspective." And from the sound of it, perspective is what you're looking for, i.e. a way to sense that the world is bigger than these problems that may feel petty.

Volunteer work is also a good way to meet and learn from people who probably have a bit more experience with life, and listening to them could help you gain a broader understanding of the world :)

And don't worry too much about not being grown up yet. Growing up is a gradual process, and no one can really say when it happens, but not many people expect it to happen right out of high school. And very few people know what they want to do as a teenager either, but the good news is, you're not stuck doing just one thing :) You'll have plenty of time to change your mind, or do a couple things at once.

Anyway, I hope this was at least a little bit comforting.

(P.S. if you want more advice from people smarter than me about this subject, try starting here, and maybe there ;) )
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Abstract on December 31st, 2013, 2:02 pm

I can sort of... half understand your points, and half realize this is nowhere near my life... (I realize after writing this I didn't mention it at all... v.v in the Immaturity-spectrum-thing)

I have to agree with Alea's volunteering idea. Actually, where I live, it's mandatory to graduate... but anyways. Volunteering's very fun, half because you get the feeling of "AHA! I'm doing something!" be it actually helpful or no, it's satisfying.

And if you're talking about making University choices (or college, depending on your plans/where you live), I've read a lot of things that tell you: Don't decide! Really. The general piece of advice is do something genaric in first year, then figure your way out afterwards...

Unless that had nothing to do with your problem... XD

I think the biggest thing I agree on, however, really has nothing to do with your rant at all... putting feelings into words. Some people have a great time writing down their emotions and stuff, a good stress reliever... but sometimes it's hard. I've decided that my mind half runs on words, and half... not. Feelings are so funny and strange that words don't work.

I'm even having problem's writing this :|

I was probably not very helpful, buuuut.... I thought I'd try saying something :)
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Postby Wanda Endust on December 31st, 2013, 3:13 pm

Thanks, both of you! I wasn't expecting any feedback at all, but it was a nice surprise. :)

Alea: I read your post and I was all like "I do volunteer work!" And then I realized... I don't. Not really. I've put roughly 125 hours of volunteering towards my total needed to graduate, and not a single one of those hours was spent actually helping people! That's kind of a disappointing thought, but it brought up some important ideas. :)

My friend's church is taking a mission trip over to Louisiana to rebuild houses, so I think I'll hop on board there. In the meantime, I'll see about scoping out some charities or something!

Also, those videos were very handy, especially "What To Do With Your Life." :) Thanks for that.

Abs: Ha, yep, I was halfway just grumbling about choosing colleges and choosing majors. There's just so much pressure from all kinds of different sides. But I have this trepidation that if I take a year off, I'll just have one more year to keep worrying about all these things...

But nearly everyone has to go through this at some point in their life, yea? And the general populace has turned out fine.

I imagine that everyone (or at least most people) have a moment in their life when they realize that the world isn't everything that they wanted it to be, and it frustrates them... Then they either ignore the problem and pretend like they're content or try to do something about it. So I'll definitely be looking into the volunteering scene!

Really, thanks to both of you for putting up with my convoluted thoughts. :) Guess I just needed to get them out into the world so I can stop holing them away up here in my noggin.
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Wanda Endust on January 2nd, 2014, 2:45 am

DA FUTURE, da past

I'm lazy! Have a quote from someone I really look up to.

"Yo

One piece of wisdom before 2014 happens: do like Yoda and let the fuck go of things you’re afraid to lose. Only then can your mind live in peace.
Write down all the negative things in your head and crumble it up and throw it away. Literally and figuratively. Make ‘14 worth it, dude. If you need a wake up call, here it is. I don’t care if you have to write it in my inbox. That’s why it’s there. Get rid of anything dark in your head and start the New Years with a new perspective on life.
Do or don’t, there’s no try.
If you want to be happy, you absolutely can be.
There’s been too much sadness in ‘13 and it needs to change. Emanate positive vibes and all the good shit will come flying at you.
Stay safe, peace out and don’t let no bitch walk all over you.
Daf, over and out."

Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Wanda Endust on January 2nd, 2014, 8:42 pm

Things.

Just dropping this here for reference.

Gillar on Jamoura

Massage for Dummies

More Wanda pictures! -- Thanks Nyxie!

Young Wanda 1, Young Wanda 2, Young Wanda 3

Alvadas Wanda. Sahova Mistress Wanda

Playlist - "Wonder & Whimsy" -- Thanks Naeya!

BG Resource

Interesting dude.

Beautiful

Murder Cow: African Cape Buffalo

tattoo, cool design, brocade outfit, brocade outfit 2

this

Minions 1 Minions 2

sig :
Code: Select all
[center][style=width:370px;padding:20px; font-size:200%; color:white][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=33428[/img]
[style2=margin-top:-37px][shadow=black][right][webfont=Inkburro][shadow2=black,0,0,3][size=140]No fear.[/size][/shadow2][/webfont][/right][/shadow][/style2][/style][/center]

Secret :
[center][style=width:400px;padding:20px; font-size:200%; color:white][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=31720[/img]
[style2=margin-top:-15px][shadow=black][left][webfont=Inkburro][shadow2=black,0,0,3][size=110]Wanda Endust[/size][/shadow2][/webfont][/left][/shadow][/style2][/style][/center]

Secret :
[style=padding:20px; font-size:200%; color:white][center][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=30732[/img]
[style2=margin-top:-103px][shadow=black][webfont=Bellerose][size=50]Those who fear the[/size][/webfont] [webfont=Apocalypse Now][size=200][color=black][shadow2=gray,0,0,3][b]darkness[/b][/shadow2][/color][/size][/webfont]

[webfont=Bellerose][size=50]have never seen what the[/size][/webfont] [webfont=Eutemia][color=white][shadow2=#fde0a9,0,0,3]light[/shadow2][/color][/webfont] [webfont=Bellerose][size=50]can do[/size][/webfont][/shadow][/style2][/center][/style]

Quote :
“Everybody wants to be on the mountaintop, but if you’ll remember, mountaintops are rocky and cold. There is no growth on the top of a mountain. Sure, the view is great, but what’s a view for? A view just gives us a glimpse of our next destination-our next target. But to hit that target, we must come off the mountain, go through the valley, and begin to climb the next slope. It is in the valley that we slog through the lush grass and rich soil, learning and becoming what enables us to summit life’s next peak.”
— ― Andy Andrew

Quote :
"My past has not defined me, destroyed me, deterred me, or defeated me; it has only strengthened me."
― Steve Maraboli

Last edited by Wanda Endust on April 1st, 2014, 11:32 pm, edited 30 times in total.
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Wanda Endust on January 8th, 2014, 2:01 am

Stuff

I spent the day working on a design for Wanda's new CS that I'll be using in Spring! It'll hopefully be reflective of her shifting emotional and mental state. I'm really excited for it, so I just had to leave this post as a little sneak peek. It was super fun to come up with, and kudos to this site for being an awesome source for background images.
Last edited by Wanda Endust on January 21st, 2014, 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)