Closed [Anthonius Fighter's Pit] The pointy end

(Roderick) Fallon is down at the pits again.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Anthonius Fighter's Pit] The pointy end

Postby Fallon on November 17th, 2013, 5:17 pm

There was a clink of metal. Hesitation was beginning to wash away, the nervousness of a novice beginning to grow into something more. Confidence bloomed, the flower of understanding sword play becoming more and more apparent with every swing, every defend and push back. And it was only now clear to her that the potential the lad had was coming to light. He met the blows and he met the attacks. Each of his own was growing more nimble, more testing by the tick, recoiling back and striking forth like a steel snake.

She gave a jerk with the arm, a gentle recoil of movement as both edges came together. She met him on the first descent, and was forced back when his thrust came. Fallon gave a tease of the tip, eyes peering at his. Unmoving and unflinching to the noise. How long ago did she become unresponsive to such things? How long ago was it before she no longer shied away from combat? She retorted back at him, hilt coming across her the tip ever pointing forward. The first was to keep it fluid, to allow movement between the offence and defence. She brought her rear foot towards him, quick steps as she rested upon her toes and worked on keeping the blades between them There was no slowing down, even as the stabbing thrust came at her legs.

Pleased would be her current mindset. Roderick had proven himself capable to stand up and fight in practice, and to put her suggestions into action. There was not much else she could do with him now he had managed to get this far. She watched him correct his posture, the hand press into his back to straighten himself. Eyes gave a glance down and across his form, her brow rising to study him for a few chimes. It would have allowed him to catch his breath, to be able to refresh the air in his lungs and wipe the layer of sweat that donned his brow. Fallon withdrew her blade, her stance easing off. There was no more to be achieved today, right? Shaking out a leg she returned the tulwar to the scabbard, lips curling into a smile, ”I think we’re done here.”

Gently she stretched herself out, tense muscles flexing as she gave a nod of approval to him, ”You’ve learned a lot. I mean you’ve definitely come a long way from just swinging a sword about. You’re starting to think when you use it. Starting to understand the flow of combat. And you’re letting yourself being submerged into it, becoming one with it…” there was the shake of the head, ”I’m twittering. You get the idea; you seem like the smart sort.” Shoulders rolling she gave a wave of the hand to suggest in gesture for him to lower it, ”Not sure what else I can show you though, you’re grasping the idea of keeping it light and quick though. Which is good.”

Sticking out a hand to shake she held it there for a while, ”All I can suggest now is you try it on others, you know how I move now so it wouldn’t help you in your learning. Anyway, any more questions Roderick?”

FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Roderick on November 17th, 2013, 5:43 pm

Fallon let her arm fall back slightly as his blade connected with hers, letting him expend the all the force behind the attack before she fought back against it briefly before they parted. Parrying his downward cut she took a swift step back to avoid his thrust; Roderick felt pleased with the progress he was making, but didn't stop to celebrate the small victories he was winning. Their eyes met, brows furrowed in concentration as they watched one another intently. Her reply came quickly and they continued their fight, her movements quick and fluid as she avoided or parried his strikes. It might have been wishful thinking, but the archer thought he saw a little upward curve to the woman's lips as they went about their business.

In the slight interlude he had between them continuing the fight he quickly fixed his stance and made certain his grip was proper. Surprisingly enough Fallon did not immediately move in on him; instead she remained where she was, eyes scanning him from head to toe, looking over his stance. Lowering her weapon she relaxed into a normal standing position, sheathing her blade and smiling "I think we're done here." She used the same words she'd used before, but this time they were not dismissive or disinterested; instead she smiled and nodded approvingly. The bout over Roderick sheathed his own blade and relaxed himself, listening as she gave him her opinion on how things stood. A warmth spread through his chest as she complimented him on the improvements he'd made. Giving her a smile he stepped forwards as she offered her hand and clasped it with his own - firm enough to be polite and amiable, but not so hard as to cause her discomfort - and then released it.

"I think I've bothered you enough for today." He grinned, "Thank you, Fallon - you've been a big help today. I hope we can meet again, sometime. Until then." Nodding to her by way of goodbye, he backed away and gave a little smile, then turned about and started leaving the Pit. He felt good inside - like nothing he'd felt before. Normally he'd be aching or limping as he left, a number of bruises covering his body in the days after a practice session. Now though he just felt a little winded, his skin slick with a little coating of sweat and his breath coming out as a slight rasp. It was a sign that he was improving in his swordplay, if only by a small amount; learning to use your weapon was a more productive experience than being repeatedly beaten with a wooden stick. In a rare sight, Roderick had a smile on his face as he left the Pit that day.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Taylani on November 24th, 2013, 7:49 pm

XP Award!

Fallon:

XP Award:
  • +2 observation
  • +5 weapon: Tulwar
  • +2 socialization
  • +4 Teaching
  • +5 weapon:Small shield

Lore:
  • Roderick: Unused to the Tulwar
  • Combat; Do not waste time giving broad sweeps.
  • Roderick: Hasn’t trained in three years
  • Roderick: Also an Archer

Notes: Fallon got a full 5 points for Tulwar because of the amount of posts using it. However the first several posts she got more in teaching because she was not pushing herself past her own experiences rather than giving him instruction based on her experience.s These are comments.

Roderick:

XP Award:
  • +5 observation
  • +5 Weapon: Bastard Sword.
  • +2 socialization
  • +1 interrogation
  • +5 weapon: Kite Shield

Lore:
  • Tulwar: Only one edge bladed
  • Combat: Use of sword with shield.
  • Fallon: Pretty good for a novice
  • Tulwar: Best bet would be to strike near the hilt in defense against Tulwar.
  • Combat: A good stance is extremely important
Notes:I loved how Roderick failed more than you succeeded against Fallon. It was right on par with someone of Fallons experience and your own. You got extra points for that These are comments.

Comments :
as always if you have any concerns about your grade or questions feel free to PM me. Don’t forget to edit/delete your grade request.

TAYLANI
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous