[Daed/Nayato's Scrapbook] Inventions of the Mind

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Daed/Nayato's Scrapbook] Inventions of the Mind

Postby Daedalus Dagwood on November 11th, 2013, 8:43 pm

When it Rains, It pours.

I wasn't initially sure I was even going to make a scrapbook. However, I had somethings on my mind I felt I wanted to share to let go of.

So here I go.

I just found out that my eldest cousin was murdered. He was gun down while just standing on a street after leaving a girlfriends house. You see, I have an eldest and younger bro making me a middle child, and my now departed cousin had two siblings and the six of us were a thick as thieves as children. We all grew up with each other, went to school with each other, and shared a lot of memories during family vacations and many life events such as birth days and holidays. Honestly, my mind still can't seem to grasp the concept that he is gone. It is a closure I won't feel for some time due In part to the fact I won't be able to make it to his funeral.

Now, I found all of this news out after getting out of the hospital where I stayed for about seven days due to gastroparesis; when the stomach stops working and you can neither eat or drink anything. So while my body was dealing with the after math of that, my mind struggled with the loss of my dear cousin. But, as a writer my I ended up falling into writing to relax my soul. I enjoy writing and it is my favorite form of stress relief. The fact it all started when Nano started was a happy coincidence.

I worked towards being productive and thought about all the good memories with family. I have reached that stage in grieving where I feel good about the life my cousin lived rather that not want to think about it.
  • Now I am working on having a book published.
  • Returned to my daily martial arts training regiment.
  • Finishing up my film making projects. The most recent being a documentary I have to edit. It just needs a few voice overs to be done as its only 85% done.

I think I have weathered the storm and come out of it even stronger. I'll be posting more here with my other Alts: Nayato, Quzon, and Baylin.
Scrap rules :
Feel free to Post images, comments, and ect.

Positive criticism (Trolls will be tossed into a furnace.)
Last edited by Daedalus Dagwood on June 27th, 2015, 3:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
Daedalus Dagwood
Endless Possibilities

Words: 157286
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2013, 8:38 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Daedalus's Scrapbook] Inventions of the Mind

Postby Daedalus Dagwood on November 15th, 2013, 5:56 am

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, Batman NANO!

So after a long previous day filled with training in various martial arts, weight training, and general outdoorsy stuff. I have decided to work on some Miz-Nano stuff. So I pretty much set myself a quota of posting to each of my five threads to day. Posting to each of them twice with a minimum 500 words, Or 1k each. Not that bad considering I Pulled it off before though time seems to just slip through my fingers. I shouldn't really have anything to do later today so I have no excuses at the moment.

Congrats to all the current winners for hitting the word count and even more to those people going past it. You are all beasts.
Daedalus Dagwood
Endless Possibilities

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Quint Caravel on November 15th, 2013, 7:27 am

Priceless picture of Adam West.

I met him once, years ago, at a party. I was struck by how normal he was. I mean, I knew he wasn't "Family Guy" loony, but I mean he wasn't Hollywood vain. We spoke about his daughters, his family, riding horses and ranching. He seemed slightly ... I wouldn't say bitter, but perhaps a much milder feeling... about his career, but was for the most part pleased at how his life had turned out. Being a father was actually more important to him than anything else.
Quint Caravel
Currently dreaming about you!

Words: 151579
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2013, 5:46 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Daedalus Dagwood on November 17th, 2013, 7:25 am

WHY DO I EVEN STILL OWN YOU!!!!

The feels :

For the sake of avoiding a long story. I simply sat down to enjoy some classic NES games when I stumbled upon a classic that caused me to rage just about as much as the guy in this Youtube video. So, i'll let the video speak for me in regards to ranting. However, I must say I was shocked I had yet to destroy the video game itself after all these years.

Disclaimer: Lots of foul language ahead.
Video :

Gamer rant over...

@Quint: I once met him at a autograph signing at a convention. Didn't talk with him but spoke enough to know he was a great person. Family guy really doesn't do him justice.
Daedalus Dagwood
Endless Possibilities

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Daedalus Dagwood on December 8th, 2013, 1:44 pm

So this morning I taught the 11 years old neighbor kid who I had to babysit how to use a stove. I taught him the basics of how to boil water along with the Danger of using a stove. It appeared to be quite an achievement for him. He smiled like I had taught him how to make money. I believe boiling water is the first thing a kid should learn on their path to eventually grow into a proper kitchen dweller. Honestly, It made me want to write a thread where one of my characters just learns to cook something basic. When I first learned how to cook it felt great knowing I could depend on myself to at least make some basic meals.

Anyway, just felt like sharing how the kid smile made my day.

Try passing on a smile to another person because it may make their day.

Bwhaha :

Anyway, onto Mizahar news.

After canoodling with the various minds of other players, I have a clear Idea about what I want all my characters to do. I am shocked that my muse is so revved up and ready to go. I think it is due to my new Writing Playlist that I have made on Spotify. Whenever I post for Daedalus I have one song playing over and over again which I have deemed to be his Theme song.

This song got me through Nano.

Last edited by Daedalus Dagwood on June 27th, 2015, 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Daedalus Dagwood
    Endless Possibilities

Character sheet
    Storyteller secrets
    Scrapbook
    Journal
    Plotnotes

Postby Naeya on December 8th, 2013, 3:34 pm

Hooray for boiling water & busy muses! I agree with the helpfulness of listening to theme music. Having a character playlist (and a great cup of tea) is a godsend for my writing ritual.

Also, I'm just going to leave this here as a symbol of your upcoming reign in Sunberth:

Naeya
    And yes I said yes I will Yes.

Words: 214237
    Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am
    Race: Konti
    Character sheet
    Storyteller secrets
    Journal
    Plotnotes
    Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)

Postby Daedalus Dagwood on December 13th, 2013, 7:04 pm

You know nothing...

As I began to work on a post, I have come to the conclusion that Daedalus is close minded to the world.

He has only ever been to Sunberth because he was born there, Nyka to visit family, Syliras to visit a family member (who had past away during his travel to the city which left him alone in the city upon arrival), and Zeltiva on his way back to Sunberth. In short, Daedalus believes Sylira is his world. To him "Mizahar" is Sylira.

Theses character fact had gotten me thinking about what Daedalus actually thinks about other cities and cultures of the world.

He has heard of Lhavit and believes the whole city is made of magic glass. No metal, no wood, or stone. Just magical glass towers and structures. While untrue, this is what he thinks of when he hears the city name. IC'ly Lhavit is his fantasy city where he would live one day if given the chance. Yes, Lhavit is a beautiful city however I think he would be a little let down upon seeing that it isn't a city of glass. To him, all of Kalea is a mystical land and Falyndar for that matter is an unknown wilderness.

As funny as it sounds, I think he believes Drykas are a bunch of nomads obsessed with bestiality who enjoy "Bonding" (*Hint hint*) with horses (A belief that can be equally shared with Wind Reach riders and their eagles) . Moving away from horses, I belive Daedalus only relates to Eyktol simply because he has a darker skin tone. Something that others may have told him before, so he has a hidden thought in the back of his mind that maybe he has ancestry from Yahebah.

If your character is in the same boat as Daedalus, What does your PC really known of the world around them other than about where they are from?
    Daedalus Dagwood
    Endless Possibilities

Character sheet
    Storyteller secrets
    Scrapbook
    Journal
    Plotnotes

Postby Wanda Endust on December 13th, 2013, 11:59 pm

I really like when characters get facts wrong! It gives them some extra dimension and, besides that, I'm sure ICly it'd be difficult if not impossible to find someone who knows about every place in Mizahar!

With that said, I found that Wanda knows next to nothing about the world outside of Syliras. To her, every city must be just as crowded and well-guarded!

All she knows about Zeltiva is that there's a college and the beer is gross.

Considering the Drykas raids on the city, she probably has conflicting emotions about Cyphrus - on one hand, she knows one or two Drykas personally, and they've been perfectly nice folks. On the other hand, she's been influenced to believe that anything that comes out of the region must be barbaric.

Of course, she must have some kind of general knowledge about the other cities in Syliras! I imagine she thinks Sunberth must be some kind of ghost town (cities can't survive without government!), Ravok is full of villains that got their behinds kicked by the Knights, and Nykans are a bunch of cultists.

And, if she heard if Taloba, she'd probably think of it as some kind of tropical paradise.

It's really interesting to hear how other people's characters see the world through their limited view!

Wanda Endust
    Searching for purpose.

Words: 178647
    Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2013, 6:10 pm
    Character sheet
    Storyteller secrets
    Scrapbook
    Journal
    Plotnotes
    Medals: 1
    Artist (1)

[Daed/Naya's Scrapbook] Inventions of the Mind

Postby Nayato on June 4th, 2014, 8:57 pm

Just a song to listen too...

So far I have been listening to this on repeat because it has been keeping my muse alive.

Nayato
    Embracing Eternity

Words: 146321
    Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2009, 9:03 pm
    Blog: View Blog (1)
    Race: Chaktawe
    Character sheet
    Storyteller secrets
    Plotnotes