(Nyxie's ... ) This is not a scrapbook.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

(Nyxie's ... ) This is not a scrapbook.

Postby Nyxie Nadira Draer on January 8th, 2014, 5:52 am

Reasons for Starting this Scrapbook

This'll be my outlet for boredom. A place to post my humdrum thoughts. A haven for my mild insanity, free of judgement. A therapeutic process of self-discovery. :)

Like most of the writers here, I did indeed fall in love with the world of Mizahar when I first found it, early in the year of 2013. I won’t go into detail about the time + process I took to really find my bearings here, but I do want to thank everyone in this community for being so open and kind to newbies. Fellow players and moderators have been incredibly helpful and patient with me; thank you all, so very much. Y’all are truly amazing people, with so much creativity and passion---I'm excited to be a part of it all.

Reader, thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this generic intro to my scrapbook – it means a lot to know that I’ve succeeded in sustaining your attention for this long :D

Of course, feel free to post replies; I'm entirely open-minded, and I'm sure that as long as we keep the classic 'Golden Rule' in mind, we won't run into any trouble :)

Stay awesome~!

Last edited by Nyxie Nadira Draer on April 12th, 2014, 8:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Nyxie Nadira Draer
slaver & swindler

Words: 111204
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2013, 3:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

This is not a scrapbook. (Nyxie's ... )

Postby Nyxie Nadira Draer on January 9th, 2014, 1:56 am

A Little More About Me

Name: Michelle (see here) I don't mind being called by my PC's name; but you could also call me 'Gear' :D It's a nickname that stuck in Uni, 'cause it was the easiest way to shorten my real name~
Nationality: Canadian

I've always had a problem with using this; everyone knows that the 'likes' that people post here aren't the ONLY things they like. It's just a sampling of things they recalled during the state of mind they were in when they wrote the list. Thus, here's a sampling of things I like:

Cage The Elephant (listening to their album right now; "Things aren't always what they seem to be~" ), Psychology, the smell of morning dew and fresh cut grass, standing at the top of a mountain, zip-lining, sleeping, photomanipulations, crafty-stuff, arts, non-professional dancing, singing, Disney songs & movies, Canadians, maple syrup, sugar canes, mangoes... I'll stop there before I get hungry :D

Dislikes:

Same as before; here's a random sampling of dislikes:

Mashed potatoes, closed-mindedness, long and/or dirty fingernails... being left alone ... yea, let's stop there. ^_^

Wanna know more? Ask me anything! :D

Last edited by Nyxie Nadira Draer on April 12th, 2014, 8:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Nyxie Nadira Draer
slaver & swindler

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Nyxie's Scrapbook] ...Introspective Thoughts n' Stuff

Postby Elysium on January 9th, 2014, 2:13 am

YOU DON'T LIKE MASHED POTATOES?!

Oh man.
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Nyxie Nadira Draer on January 9th, 2014, 2:21 am

It tastes like I’m eating mushy, bland baby food. Yuck. :P
Nyxie Nadira Draer
slaver & swindler

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Elysium on January 9th, 2014, 2:37 am

But what about copious amounts of butter and garlic? Doesn't that help?!

If it makes you feel better, I like Canadians too.
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Nyxie Nadira Draer on January 9th, 2014, 2:51 am

I guess it just might be that I've never had a satisfying experience with that stuff---I doubt that I've ever had a properly made plate of it. I don't exactly come from a family that makes homemade mashed potatoes; I've eaten its equivalence in starch from the copious amount of rice we cook :D

And yay, we're pretty awesome, eh? And totally modest too, eh? :P

Nyxie Nadira Draer
slaver & swindler

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nyxie Nadira Draer on January 9th, 2014, 4:14 am

Here's a poem I'm working on... Comments + suggestions + critiques are totally welcomed and appreciated :D

**Unrequited love, Wintery imagery**

Time freezes in your presence, as I feel those
Icy blue eyes softly piercing my skin

Your charm chills infectiously

Frosted words harden truth, and
Dreary replies only polarize

We are
Polar
Opposites

Cold, bitter heart
Thaws
By love’s warm, tender blood

Here’s a list of words for personal reference; the poem is a WIP afterall :P

• nippy
• chill
• freezing
• biting
• remote
• frosty
• frigid
• polar
• bleak
• colourless
• pale
• hazy
• crisp
• harsh
• crystal
• gusting
• delicate
• fluffy
• dreary
• hibernate
• snuggle

Nyxie Nadira Draer
slaver & swindler

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nyxie Nadira Draer on January 31st, 2014, 6:26 pm

Titles kinda make a Post look more Official :P

I read a scrap somewhere at some point where someone suggested a way to get rid of writer's block: writing gibberish. I can't remember who it was, so in the rare case that that person reads this post, I wanna say thank you :D Typing out gibberish has really helped me get past that block/procrastination phase; it just works~

I feel like I should scrap (that's a legitimate verb, right?) more often. I've never really been that great at it; I care too much about what other people think of my writing. Probably shouldn't. It's not like I ever say anything offensive---I guess the issue is more that I don't really want to sound naive---but the reality is that I am an inexperienced writer. Mizahar is my only experience with a PbP RPG; plus, I know for a fact that my character requires so much more development. I guess this sort of circles back to Goss's post about new players being intimidated by the veterans. Yea, I'd certainly say that I was intimidated at first---in some ways, I still am. Well, I do understand that it just takes a bit of time and effort to figure out the direction of my PC---plus, the point is to have fun---and I'm definitely having fun :D It's almost a bit of an addiction now :paranoid:

Should I post this? Yeah, I'll post it. Maybe I should add a graphic of sorts...

Kay, here's a tattoo that I wanna get for Nyxie at some point, after she's done a bit more travelling... Great detail work, and beautiful shading~

P.S. Thanks so much to Traverse for nominating me for the Artist award!!! :D Gosh, I don't believe I could really call myself an artist, by any legitimate means---but I do love putting creativity into making boxcodes---it's so fun~! ^_^
Last edited by Nyxie Nadira Draer on February 20th, 2014, 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nyxie Nadira Draer
slaver & swindler

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Nyxie's Scrapbook] ...Lost in Thought...

Postby Nyxie Nadira Draer on February 20th, 2014, 2:42 am

Does anyone watch ‘Girls’?

It’s a TV series. And a depressing one. But it's also oddly addicting. Because it’s kind of hilarious.

I find myself being able to connect with these characters who are living a life so completely different and far more miserable than mine. Does that make me sound like a snobby person? It's true though: I still live under the roof of my parents' home, carrying out a fairly cushy lifestyle. Whereas the characters in this show are all trying to make rent in Manhattan, desperate to make a decent and secure living. Maybe I'm invested in these characters because I imagine myself in their shoes someday----someday, I'll have to go out into the 'real world', and make it on my own. And the world is potentially full of crazy shit.

And then there's Marnie. She's the character I despise + support the most; a girl who is incredibly judgmental, and thinks she deserves better… but she’s also highly insecure and wills herself to try her best in life to change the way she’s been living. I find myself loathing her and loving her at the same time---hoping that the writers will eventually develop the growth of her character as the series progresses.

It’s difficult to explain why this show brings out such juxtaposing feelings out of me---feelings of both antipathy and obsession out of me. I think I just want to rant in order to relieve myself from internally screaming at the void that gets created in the pit of my stomach, every time I finish an episode. Every single one of the episodes takes me on a roller-coaster of emotions, and I never get to talk about this show with anyone, ‘cause no one I know has ever watched the episodes. Sure, people have heard of it. And if the topic ever comes up in a conversation, it’s not easy to describe the show, not to mention why I find myself liking it.

Kay, I’m done. That was freeing. And utterly useless. Oh well. :)
Nyxie Nadira Draer
slaver & swindler

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Nyxie's Never Necessary News

Postby Nyxie Nadira Draer on March 20th, 2014, 4:44 pm

Full House

My dad loved this show. I remember watching a couple episodes when I was pretty young. Uncle Jesse might’ve even been my first crush.

But my dad loved Michelle in particular. As did most Americans who watched the show, ‘cause the girl was so darn adorable. :D The video is a collection of cute/funny moments with Michelle~

In fact, my middle name is Michelle :) My dad wanted to give me a name that started with the letter ‘M’, since his name, his father’s name, and his grandfather’s name all started with ‘M’. But my mother had other plans, so they decided to compromise. ‘Michelle’ is supposed to mean ‘who is like God’---I apparently changed my parents' lives for the better, so they believed the name was appropriate. >.<

Why is this relevant to my scrapbook? Well, I’ve decided to go by Michelle around here. It sounded better than ‘Gear’ (a nickname that stuck in uni, since it was the easier way to pronounce my real name), which sounds a little too mechanic :P

So yea. Main point: Feel free to call me Michelle~ :)

Last edited by Nyxie Nadira Draer on March 30th, 2014, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nyxie Nadira Draer
slaver & swindler

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next