[The Stained Pelt] Target Practice (Miu)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Palla Frostfawn on January 25th, 2014, 10:30 pm

Timestamp: 5th of winter, 513 AV
Palla was sitting on her bed in her condo, bored. There wasn't much to do there, except for carve, but Palla had no inspiration. She looked at her map, wondering where she should go. What's this place called the stained pelt? I've never heard of it before Palla wondered. Sounds like they sell pelts and the like...Maybe I should check it out.
Palla grabbed her coat and put on her boots, and left the building with her backpack, containing her map, knife, and a Miza. She soon found her way to the Stained Pelt, and looked at the small building. Palla studied it for a second before walking in. She soon realized that they also had bows there, along with pelts. There were targets for people to shoot at, and a dummy, and a wooden post, too.
While I'm here, I may as well practice my shooting. Hah! That's a thought! Me shooting something! I have no idea how to hunt. I may as well learn, though. Palla walked to the back of the small space, and spoke. "C-Could I rent a bow?" "Yes, for 3 gm." the man replied. Palla put a gold Miza on the counter. [i] I'm glad I brought a Miza here. Seven silver Mizas were handed back to her. Palla walked over to the bows and reached for one. At the same time, another hand grabbed the bow. "S-Sorry. You can have that one." Palla stepped back and waited for a response. The girl seemed pretty new to this, too. Palla studied her. She had short white hair and gray-blue eyes. She was pretty skinny, too, and Palla wondered why. I hope she isn't going hungry...
Last edited by Palla Frostfawn on February 5th, 2014, 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Words: 117768
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 3:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miu Lonewolf on January 26th, 2014, 12:30 am

✯Miu✯
"I will find peace within the future, This is what drives me forward."
Miu had come to the building as well looking to train herself in the way of using a bow since she had already purchased one along with many other items to help herself in Riverfall, She figured renting one for 3sm was reasonable and has paid as well just before, she was happy to be in a building at last and hoped her horse, Rowan was doing well with the cold weather tied beside her tent sleeping in the warmth of the fire she had made just that morning with her flint and steel and a lot of wood she had collected, she had cleared the snow and set up her tarp tied to two trees to keep the wind off the poor creature, she hopped to home her skills and catch game for food for both her and Rowan to live off of but for now she had to focus.

she reached for the bow after pulling off her gloves only to see a girl reach for it as well. "Oh..." her voice was low, monotone as if annoyed but her face was rather passive instead of angered, "You take it.." she reached over picking up another bow relaxing, her figure was very skinny due to only being able to cook a small hare after hours of stressful riding due to little experience on the blasted horse... she blamed herself though, being rather fond of the mare.
Last edited by Miu Lonewolf on January 26th, 2014, 8:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Miu Lonewolf
Lost Among Many

Words: 39707
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2014, 7:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Palla Frostfawn on January 26th, 2014, 12:58 am

Palla took the bow, as she saw that the girl had already picked another one. I should make small talk. I need to get used to talking to people. “H-Hello!” Palla stammered an introduction as she grabbed a couple of bows. “I-I’m Palla” She walked up to the target and then stepped back. Palla primed the arrow, pulled back, and shot. The arrow missed the target that she was aiming for completely. Instead, the target veered to the left and hit the very edge of the next target.
What else should I say? Maybe I can shoot with her or something. I should interact with people more... “D-Do you know how to shoot? I-I’m new at this, b-but I think that shooting is a valuable skill to learn. W-What if I have to learn to feed myself? A-Anyways, as you can see,” Palla gestured to the arrow on the floor “I-I need a lot of practice.” Palla made a mental note to see if she could get better using a bow before she tried to do this again and made a fool of herself.. Of course, this was the only place to practice using bows… I wish I had help with this… Who knows, maybe that girl will help me. Don’t be a fool, Palla, she won’t help some random stranger. Palla argued with herself.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miu Lonewolf on January 26th, 2014, 1:10 am

✯Miu✯
She smiled a bit seeing the girls poor aim and decided to take a spot beside her carrying her bow and arrows listening to her stammer and stumble over her words, "Aye, I know how to shoot." she turned to her a bit but just slightly in her footing as she rolled her shoulders trying to show off, her wolf like instinct to show off coming out a bit as she bit her lip with a rather sharp canine but not overly noticeable as she pulled the arrow back, eyes narrowing on her target before she released the arrow only to have it get stuck in the wall near it. She sighed as her eyes returned to the girl from before, "I used to watch the marksmen as a child a year before." she cleared her throat, "But I have never used one... Hello..." she added the introduction hesitantly. Who am I kidding? I'm terrible at aim...
Miu Lonewolf
Lost Among Many

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Palla Frostfawn on January 29th, 2014, 2:27 pm

OOCCan we try to make the posts at least a couple of paragraphs? Sorry this is kind of late.
Palla looked at the girl who claimed she knew how to shoot. She watched intently as she held the bow, pulled the arrow back, and shot. Eyes on the arrow, she watched it's path as it missed the the target completely, and lodged itself in the wall near the target. Palla couldn't help smiling as the girl explained that she had never actually shot an arrow, just watched marksmen shoot. The girl, whose name she still did not know, added a hesitant introduction, too.

Palla slightly altered her stance, and shot her second arrow from the shortbow. She managed to actually hit the target this time, but only on the edge. Pala looked to the girl for a second, and shot again. She got the same result. She shot twice more, one arrow hitting the wall, another the very edge of the target. Palla retrieved her arrows, then turned to the girl expectantly while getting the bow ready.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miu Lonewolf on January 31st, 2014, 10:17 pm

✯Miu✯

Miu signed blowing the hair out of her eyes watching the arrows fly as she looks around the place, she had a love for the hunt that showed in her eyes and her movement, she turned back to the target ready to try once more. Pulling the arrow back she narrowed her eyes at the targets on the wall as she breathed once, twice...

The arrow went flying and smacked into the target with a loud thunk! It did hit within the target on at least the second ring but didn't stay, clattering to the floor. With another sigh and a slight adjustment in her stance she tried once more focusing on the target before her as her fingers itched to release it, Move up a bit... It should arch and hit the target, pull back a bit more and.. with this newborn confidence she adjusted once more pointing the arrow up slightly and pulled it back a bit more before letting the arrow rip through the air.

Her heart quickened and her eyes flashed to follow the arrow as it smacked into the target sticking to one of the closer putter rings showing much more improvement, with this relief she relaxed smiling a bit to the girl beside her, "I... Think I hit it." It was an awkward tone between them that seemed to drift and stay trailing off into silence.
Miu Lonewolf
Lost Among Many

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Palla Frostfawn on February 2nd, 2014, 7:45 pm

Palla pulled back the bow and looked at the girl. She could see it in her eyes that the girl felt a thrill from shooting. I could probably shoot an animal, if I could shoot, but I don't think I would ever be thrilled by the hunt. Relieved, if I caught something when I was starving, but never thrilled. Palla realized that she was still staring at the girl, and turned away, embarrassed, to look at her own shooting. She couldn't help noticing when the girl's arrow bounced off the target and clattered to the floor. That's unusual for a straw target...

Palla shot and watched as her arrow hit the wall and fell to the floor. She retrieved her arrow and tried again, watching as her arrow barely even hit the target. She looked at the girl's target and saw nearly the same result. Palla watched the girl while pulling back the bow. At least I can hold the bow and kind of shoot, but that's not saying much.

She was surprised to see the girl not only hit the target, but hit one of the rings closer to the center. Palla gave the girl a warm smile. "G-Good job."Palla copied the girl's movements, and was pleased to see the arrow in the second to farthest ring. The awkward silence between the two still hung heavy in the air, though.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miu Lonewolf on February 3rd, 2014, 7:02 pm

✯Miu✯

Miu narrowed her eyes to the straw targets, foolishly jumping onto the floor to retrieve her arrows when others were shooting. She didn't seem to mind though, almost getting hit before pulling her arrow out. She kicked the target hard once the arrow was loose and grinned hearing the thunk of wood. "...I knew it, Scam..." She had suspected such a thing to come from the race that kept her people as slaves, turning back to the woman she gave her a look before coming back to throw aside her bow into the baskets beside the racks of bows making arrows spill, "You!" She turned to the man who had rented her the bows. "You claim these are Straw?!" She was hissing practically at the blue skinned man that had glared knowing, "Hmph..." She didn't even ask for her money back she just grabbed Palla's arm and made her let go of the bow in her rage, she had become rather fond of the woman's company.

"We ride..." She had dragged her out of the building that she would soon work for but certainly not in this rage that took over her eyes, they burned and seemed to be like the mighty storm clouds that struck fear into hearts. She whistled calling Rowan over to her, the mare snorting as she looked Palla over with a complaining neigh. "Yea, Yea... She's nice, girl." she patted the mares white and cream patched flank before mounting with Palla being dragged up on the mare behind her. "We're going to my Camp, Palla." She was rather blunt with her words in this rage. "You will hunt with me, I promise you'll get your money worth in experience." She couldn't help her feverish thoughts in this mood as she pressed her heels against the mares sides starting to ride, hoping the girl had hung on.
Miu Lonewolf
Lost Among Many

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Palla Frostfawn on February 3rd, 2014, 8:54 pm

OOCWell, this thread is turning out differently than I imagined! :)
Palla watched the girl run to retrieve her arrows, foolishly, while others were shooting. The girl narrowly missed getting shot, and kicked the target in rage. Palla was surprised to hear wood behind the straw target. Why would the girl be so mad about that? Palla watched the girl yell at the Akalak who had rented her bows, and then throw her bow and arrows down. Palla put her bow away carefully, and just as she finished putting away the arrows that had spilled, the girl grabbed her arm. Palla let go of the bow which she had hung up just a second ago, and was dragged away by the angry, white-haired girl. No! What is happening? Is she kidnapping me!? Palla's heart beat fast and she trembled with fear. "W-Wh-Where are you taking me?" Palla was shocked by this girl's agressive way of dealing with things. Wow... She has anger issues... The rage in her eyes was unmistakable, and she was one to be feared... Over such a little thing, too.

Palla didn't resist as the girl dragged her to a horse. Kidnapping me on a horse...? Why would she kidnap me anyways? I'm not that valuable... Am I? Palla was surprised when the girl patted the horse and dragged her up onto it behind her. She listened to her blunt words as the girl told her where they were going. To her camp? To hunt? I don't know how! I only have my carving knife, and what will I harm with that? I have poor aim, I wouldn't be able to throw it. Palla looked at the girl nervously. I'll help her then, if that's what I need to do. Why would she take me, though? I'm still confused. I don't even know her name!
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miu Lonewolf on February 4th, 2014, 7:04 pm

✯Miu✯
They had been riding for what seemed to be hours but really it was twenty minutes or so when she stopped at a clearing where it was just tall grass.

"You're probably questioning my anger. They were scamming us, making us think it was just straw to shoot more arrows when they bounced off." She mumbled to her going through her saddle bags chewing on a bit of fish, "this might scare you but you're going to learn to hunt today. That is my gift to you."

Even though she was speaking of hunting she was pulling off her jacket and clothes as she spoke in a rush, not even embarrassed. "You will take my bow from Rowans saddle bag and shoot the hare that run out." She spoke bluntly as she kicked off her knee high boots and pants before getting down naked, her skin pale and her ribs visible yet she looked toned and fit, an odd combination.

"Focus and just aim, don't worry about the hare, it will serve a purpose just trust me" that's all she said as she jumped into the the waist tall grass with a flash of light, shifting mid air as she landed on all fours, watching her with gray eyes from the grass unseen before she took off to startle the hare.

A howl came from the swaying grass as she made her way through the weeds and vegitation sniffing away on the hares tracks, she was warning her that they were coming and they were. Their gray ears becoming visible fast through the grass as they fled from the large white furred wolf that ran hard through the feild, hoping to repay the woman for some reason. She was a loyal person, selfless to anyone.
Miu Lonewolf
Lost Among Many

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next