Are you a future grader? I certainly think so.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Orion Michaels on January 24th, 2014, 9:53 pm

Hey folks! I just wanted to give a friendly bump to the Grader program we have out there.

I've seen an increase in people concerned about the long wait time in some areas for getting grades. It can be disheartening to have to wait several weeks, a month or two, or longer to get that precious, precious XP. Well I've got some good news. If you can meet the criteria listed in that link, you can help us out and tackle some of the monstrous queues in a few of these cities. Whether you do it for altruistic reasons to just help the site or are a selfish vagik like me just wanting to get your grades faster, join up and help the team.

Whether it's a STer, a grader, a mentor, or as CSL, there's always more people playing than supporting the play. Every little bit helps, and anything you offer to the site will be greatly appreciated. Spread the word. With enough support we can make sure every gets grades in a timely manner and take some of the stress off the ST types so they can focus on developing and weaving us wonderful adventures and quests!

So if you think it's for you, give it a read, and apply as it says in the wiki article.

Thanks folks! Happy writing!
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Radiant on January 25th, 2014, 5:05 am

I second this! Syliras always welcome another helping hand. We are currently one of the most busiest domain and even with 3 STs, the grade request can still pile up to 5 pages in just about a month. So, apply graders! :D We'll greatly appreciate your help!
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 25th, 2014, 5:53 am

One piece of advice; Study the grading guide carefully. You will be given a true false test to get awarded a grader medal. If you can't pass the ten question test it breaks our hearts. So study and treat it seriously. The folks you will be awarding XP deserve it.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on February 17th, 2014, 5:15 pm

Much to my disappointment, I'm not seeing people running around with new shiny medals.

Don't break my heart Miz.

I will go all Sarah McLachlan and guilt trip you if I have to. :|

Volunteer today. Take the advice Goss gave and run with it. Help out Miz. Help out yourself.

Thanks, guys! :)
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on February 17th, 2014, 6:21 pm

Miz only works on volunteerism. If you don't volunteer to grade, you honestly won't have a leg to stand on when your own pcs and their grades set at length in grade request threads and moderators quit because they have too much grading to do and not enough time to do it in.

If you attempt to become a grader and don't pass the test, its your own fault because all the questions are straight out of the grading guide. Magpie worked hard coordinating and writing that thing.

As far as I'm concerned, I think the grader program is looking to be a huge fail. People aren't stepping up. Grades aren't getting cleared out. Yet day in and day out chat is full of people that just sit there hours bsing, talking off topic, and not writing.

It was one of the reasons I took the weekend off this weekend from Miz. I'm getting frustrated and annoyed. Everyone's always demanding things from the mods, but just a tiny percentage is giving back.

And I do mean tiny percentage.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Shijara on March 19th, 2014, 5:22 am

I hope you guys don't lose too much hope. When I reach 60 days active game play on Miz, I hope to give back. I think this is a great system, and I know how overwhelming it can probably be.
TO MY WONDERFUL PARTNERS: You guys are the best.
Shijara
Soul Stealer

Words: 95233
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Daegron on March 19th, 2014, 1:56 pm

Wait for me too ! Just a mere.... erhm... quite a few days actually left :rolleyes:
But I think it is an excellent idea and a good way to help our ST's focus more into threading with us :D

The Art will twist you and turn you.
It will break you and tear you asunder; from your scattered remains it will shape you.
It will engulf you and spit you out.
It will fester in your mind, disfigure your body and blacken your soul.
And so on and so forth, through an endless chain of transformations till the time comes and you are everything...
Then you'll truly be nothing...

Daegron
Fleshcraft made Art

Words: 200831
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2014, 4:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on March 19th, 2014, 3:01 pm

I think I've talked to you about this before Jen, but the only reason why I haven't volunteered yet is because of the age limit. But come a couple of months you said I can talk to you.

I don't think the grader system is a total bust. Just look at the people who did sign up already. I'm sure the grades wouldn't be in the same place they are now without them. It might not be a lot of help but it is help, and you can't ignore that much. Besides, I think the program just needs a little more time to developement, because something big doesn't just happen right away. In time, with more people volunteering, people will become braver and confident and sign up for it. Because I think one of the main reasons why people don't sign up when they want to is because they are afraid they'd screw up or afraid they're too new or something of the likes. I know I felt like that when signing up for the Mentor Program. The other's who don't sign up are likely too busy with their lives and PC's already to sign up. (Or they're lazy :P)

But seriously you guys! If any of you have the extra time, maybe even an hour or two a week to get one or two grades done, that would mean the world to a lot of players and most definitely staff. It's not a huge job and you're not suddenly being thrown into a ST's position, just simply helping them out with grades. Besides, if you're one of those people that likes reading other's threads and keeping up with storylines, this is another great reason why, because you can read those threads and reward them for their hard work! Doing grades is a huge thing for Mizahar and I'm sure 99% of Mizahar players will be terribly glad that you decided to help out. And it doesn't even have to be for forever. I mean, if it was long term then that's obviously best but if you can only do it for a month or two or something similar then I still think that's worth giving it a shot, because grades and stories is what makes Mizahar go around and without people to help and grade the threads, as one can see, there evolves lots of frustration on both ends and it doesn't get us anywhere.

So please! Sign up you guys!

Okay, that was my rant. *steps off the soap box*
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Kuvarakh on March 19th, 2014, 7:31 pm

I don't think it's been a "huge" failure.
There may well be domains where it doesn't seem to be making a difference. I can only speak for the zones where I have PC's.
Eyktol was a 6 month back-up that is now up to date, though admittedly it is a very slow zone, sadly.
Ravok had 80+ entries on its grader forum before the program and it has been very much in control for quite some time now.
I don't deny I'm not aware of the situation in other zones where it may be a travesty, but I'd at least like to see the graders that ARE stepping up get a shout-out, and not be lumped under a banner of failure.
I can only say for certain that Caelum, Vanari and Verin Rush have held up their end. They've combined for a good twenty threads of my PCs alone!
Anyone else that knows of a grader that has shown a solid backbone, speak up! :)
Perhaps those that don't see their name mentioned will feel motivated.
ALCHEMY.....When evolution is just too slow.

CS - Plotnotes - Alvadas Linkmap - Dev Thread - Grading - Architectrix
Kuvarakh
ties a rope to a tree and hangs the world

Words: 656536
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby meep on March 19th, 2014, 7:39 pm

I am certainly looking forward to applying to be a grader when my (active) 60 days pass. I like the idea, and think it's a good way to show support to a wonderful community.

::covets the shinny medal::
meep
Player

Words: 5304
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2012, 8:58 pm
Race: Ghost

Next