A Meeting of Magic

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

A Meeting of Magic

Postby Alric Wilmot on November 17th, 2013, 7:31 pm

Alric found the shift in conversation both welcome and unexpected. He had assumed that Miro only wished to introduce them all to each other, and play the farce of making himself master over them. But no, it seemed he needed help with something too. Another wizard, out and about within the confines of the city. Apparently this was what the meeting had always been about. Alric stroked his chin in thought, listening to Miro's words.

Rayage was in league with Miro before this endeavor it seemed, both hailing from the isle of Sahova. Alric had never heard the name before, but he was familiar with Nuits, having met two now. Undeath seemed to follow Miro like a plague. Alric narrowed his eyes then as a thought occurred to him. Was the large man also undead? Miro had just said that Sahova was the "undead" isle, and both he and his target were no longer amongst the living. Did that also mean that Rayage, who had come from the same island, was undead?

Alric decided to keep subtle in his inquires, in case this was something he was not supposed to know. He smiled though, when Rayage was called professor. A professor with such a well-built body was not par for the course, and it made Alric happy. Deceiving appearances were a great joy that Ionu taught all to take pride in. He decided he liked the professor just a bit more. Rayage's face had made curious twists, smirks, and grimaces at certain parts of Miro's speech. It only made Alric all the more curious. He briefly looked over to Lessom, the poor bloke he had constantly ignored. It was so easy to do, unfortunately. Servants were made to blend in, but that did not make them any less dangerous.

Alric wondered too if he was underestimating the unassuming man. He let his thoughts be as Rayage took Miro's cue and began to explain the situation in greater detail. Forus was a thief it seemed, who had escaped this "undead isle" with a powerful magical artifact of unknown powers. Rayage, almost confirming Alric's earlier suspicion, said that this device was important enough to send two Masters after it. Miro, and Rayage, of course were those masters. And if Alric was only half as intuitive as he thought he was, Rayage was a master Alchemist. The ouroboros on his cape, matching the alchemicaly modified cloak Miro had gifted to him earlier, being his reasoning.

Rayage made it clear that he did not trust them nearly as much as Miro, which seemed rather expected to Alric if Rayage was indeed undead. In his experience, the undead were shadowy suspicious characters with a knack for egotism. Kuvarakh being the rare exception. Alric's face became pale, and his hands cold at the mention of various magical disciplines known to this Forus. He only knew one magical discipline! Well, two, but his reimancy was laughable. Pitiful, really. How could Miro hope that he would be able to contribute in any way? Was it that odd technique he had pulled on Ender? Was that what made Miro think him in any way capable of fighting a mage with four disciplines?

Alric put that aside, for the moment, unwilling to abandon his friend despite the odds. Despite the fact that he was dominating, crazy, undead, and possibly psychopathic. Though he seemed to still retain some of his old aspects. Alric caught on the words Rayage said last, about the artifact falling under Forus's research. Did that mean that Forus himself had made it?

"Excuse me, but I would like to ask a few more questions. The fact that this man has access to four magical disciplines does not bode well for my sense of self-preservation. Miro, you may be incapable of death now, but I am still quite susceptible. Also, this man is a Nuit, yes? I have had few encounters with the lot, but do know that they prefer to be left alone. Where are we to find him? He does not need food and water, so I cannot simply start interrogating the market. He may not have ever set foot there.

Also, this device, he made it? If so, then we are in far graver danger than I first suspected. He may have access to more than one, for all we know. In fact, he may have taken it apart to better hide it, only to put it back together later. Later being a few hundred years! I do not mean to doubt you two, or this island of Sahova. But what is to make you believe that he can be found in Ravok? And what is to stop him from completely vanishing for a hundred years or so? I must admit, my knowledge of the undead and Nuits is lacking, but I see no reason for him to risk discovery with you two so near. Especially considering how easy it is to spot you in a crowd Miro.

No offense, but it is far easier for him to spy on you than he him, I should wager. I can not think of a way to find him, or even what he might want here. You two don't know what the device does, or its appearance, so how are to look for it? I want to help, you, I do. But I have a rather...limited skill set. I- oh, well I suppose we all need to know each other's strengths if we're to succeed. Consider this an act of trust Rayage, and may you be humbled by it. I only have Hypnosis as a skill, and it is not a very good defense against someone I cannot find.

And, finally, the end of my concerns. Does he have a gnosis mark of any kind? Are we dealing with a faithful man, or one working autonomously? Four disciplines is quite a lot already. If he has any god's help, things are beginning to look dire."

Alric took a deep breath. He had not meant to go on so long, or oust himself. But he felt that if this was what they were all here for, they needed to know what all everyone could do. He kept his Illusionism mark a secret, in case things turned sour. Hypnosis was a feared discipline, even among other wizards he had encountered. But Alric knew its failing more than anyone. It could be a very powerful tool, but against a master wizard who might have lived centuries? Who was to say. He thought he might help the situation go a bit more smoothly, however. Just in case.

"I suggest that everyone reveal their strengths, if only so that we may strategize accordingly. Miro has already ousted us all as wizards, so it should not come as a great shock. And If you do not trust each other, then trust Miro who trusts us. It should be close enough."
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)

A Meeting of Magic

Postby Lessomm on November 21st, 2013, 4:16 am

Like any good servant, especially one of the non human variety in a city like Ravok, Lessomm remained quietly and to the side of the whole conversation, leaving it up to his master and the guests to do the talking. It was neither Lessomm's place nor his desire to join the conversation. He could sense that Miro was not happy at all with the response he had been given by each person in the room but he could also sense and see that Miro was not about to burst them all into flames. Or eat them, like some undead do, or so he had heard.

Due to his master spending a lot of time talking and one of the two guests having refused all food and drink offered to him, Lessomm stood quietly near the table with the plates on it, out of the direct line of sight of the guests. He listened to Miro's words as he addressed both guests directly, commending them on their individual aspects and strengths. In general it felt like he laughed their reply off, although Lessomm knew better than that after having spent every day of the past season with the man. He was surprised when his master focused on him as well, wondering in Lessomm's stead what his final goal would be.

Without a word, Lessomm accepted his master's words, which made him feel as though he was being scolded at the same time. He nodded at the end of Miro's speech, indicating that he had heard every word and that he would think on what Miro had said. For Lessomm, the answer had been simple just a season ago. He was in every regard a simple servant, perhaps with a higher degree of professionalism than most other servants but a servant nontheless. After his time with Miro, Lessomm was not so sure anymore if just being a servant was all he wanted to be. It was obvious that Miro had limited to no use for a normal servant. So, would he remain unchanged and stay a useless tool for his master or should he chose to rise above his place, perhaps even join these people as their equal: a wizard? It wasn't something he could decide on lightly.

When Miro spoke about a man named Forus and about stealing and criminals, Lessomm attention turned back outwards, towards the two guests sitting in the chairs and towards his master finishing his speech. The giant "professor" didn't seem very enthusiastic about sharing this information as he stood up from his seat to replace Miro as the speaker. With his master having finished speaking, Lessomm quickly poured him a cup of wine as well, knowing that he had no need for it but perhaps a desire for it. He offered it to Miro with a slight bow.

The professor was outright rude in his behavior and had it not been for his body being twice the size of Lessomm's and the fact that his master held the man in high regards, Lessomm would have demanded some more respect from the man. From his position slightly behind his master, Lessomm listened carefully to every word that was said. The news about Forus and the quest was new even to Lessomm and so he did his best to understand most of what was said. Lessomm had no idea what Djed shackles were, although he could imagine their effects, or what the magics were, besides shielding, that Forus could wield. He tried to remember if perhaps his master had mentioned any of them before but his mind couldn't grasp at anything related to them.

Lessomm was glad to have Alric in the room as well, asking a bunch of questions that Lessomm had been wondering about as well, and some question the young servant hadn't even thought about. It was obvious from his questions and his train of thought that Alric was more learned in the subject. If it had been only Miro and Rayage, Lessomm would have most likely never gotten an answer to any of his questions. Lessomm wished he had his notebook somewhere close to take some notes. On top of the djed shackles and the various magics that were mentioned, Alric added another word that Lessomm had never heard of before. Gnosis. Perhaps afterwards, Miro would be willing to answer some of his questions.

When he finished his series of questions with a somewhat strange suggestion, Lessomm couldn't help but feel as though telling other people, besides his master, about his skills that it would somehow make him less useful towards his master. Yet at the same time he was already opening his mouth ready to speak and reveal his own skill set. Lessomm blinked as he realized that he was about to speak first, before the guests and before his own master. What a strange notion. He shook his head lightly and stared hard at the floor in front of his shoes. It wasn't his place to speak, not first at least and especially not without making sure his master was ok with it. So Lessomm stayed quiet for now, pressing his lips together in an attempt to stop the sudden desire to speak up and reveal his own magical skill, weak as it might be.
Lessomm
How can I be of service?

Words: 108542
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2013, 10:47 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

A Meeting of Magic

Postby Miro on November 22nd, 2013, 10:00 am

Rayage took the lead and explained the bit on Forus. But he offered little more than Miro could have besides disrespect and discontent. Though the explanation of his abilities seemed to send a wave of shock through the room. He could sense the nerves rising in his other two guests, and knew that Rayage was just as vulnerable as the others. It was well explained, definitely so, but hardly Miro's own plan. Things had changed, and though the plan to capture was the same, the Reimancer was not going back to Sahova. He had only just come to know Rhysol and could not dare to tear himself from the god.

And as expected it triggered the first reaction, of course from Alric. Lessomm was too reserved and professional to react out of turn, but wore his anxieties in his body language. Questions were always welcome, but to present them in such a way as to hint at disloyalty or show doubt was concerning. There was still a great cloud of distrust and mystery among the lot. Especially from Rayage, as it seemed he was upset with the amount of control Miro had taken. If he had stepped up, done the work, not taken a detour to Nyka, things might be different. If even he had put in half of the work the Reimancer had, his word would have some weight. As for now he was running on past credit, quickly running dry.

While the Alchemist had been with the Chained One longer and more recently than the others, recently he had been scarce. And seemingly distanced and standoffish. He had more to detract since leaving Sahova than he did to contribute. And if things would continue as such, he might ask Alric to fix the problem. No trust in Miro's acquaintances meant the Nuit lacked trust in the wizard's judgement, which was an insult. If Rayage felt that way then should he not be the one leading them? Of course not. He was not the type to take immediate and decisive action. Though he would still be rewarded for doing very little. The least he could do was be thankful.

At least the Hypnotist's reaction was valid. Though it was not going to do anyone any good to get worked up and scared. Especially not Miro, and that was what mattered. He listened to all that was said, but would set things straight immediately after. "Enough Alric, calm down. It will do you no good to get worked up, my dear friend. I shall put your all of your doubts and concerns to rest. First of all, our intelligence is good, and Forus is here in Ravok. And even I am capable of death, when alone that is. Or is it redeath? And I have a man under me set to track down our quarry. One much more tactful and hard to pick out. One with resources at his disposal."

The Reimancer did not care the truth of anything, for lies were a tool, neither good nor bad inherently. Like all tools, it was how they were used. Miro personally loved to distort the truth, and he had always enjoyed doing so. But with those he considered friends or allies, he made sure to use deception for constructive purposes. Such as now, as he hoped his false words would unite and inspire his friends, and best of all produce results. "He may have a lead that could give us exactly what we need. The device is not of any importance, nor his skill, for I am a master wizard, Chained One, a hero unable to be killed. A Sahovan Nuit, he has likely long since been forgotten by the gods."

Though he could not quite leave it at that. While lying presented itself as a form of domination, it was but a tease. Though it did lead well into manipulating them with Hypnotism into siding with him. Whether he would be successful or not, he was completely unsure. However he would do his best to push them to see things his way, even if only just a bit. And like Ender said, Alric was capable of causing them all to trust each other. He wondered what his Familiar thought. "Ender, what would you do right now to get Rayage to quit acting so mistrustful and crass?" The Irylid almost did not want to answer, as he thought his master might take offense. But his will to serve kept him from biting his tongue.

"I would get Alric to Hypnotize him. He is acting bitter and resentful without reason, and has grown bitter, acting like the old man he is. Alric could help him to see clearly, as he did with me. All it would take was for him to be convinced it was necessary. However I do not expect him to turn his magic against another master on your command. He would need reason. Reason such as, well, if he were dangerous. Claim how you have realized your failure with your initiation, and how you have damaged his mind by making him hungry for more power. Use your Hypnotism to make him realize what an ancient Alchemist who is a Nuit can do when lost on the path to magic. What will happen when Reimancy causes him to be lost to overgiving."

Ender waited for the reply to come and for his master to accuse him of still bearing grudged against the corpse. He would claim that it was a way to assert the domination over Rayage he had always wanted, and for him to be taken down. Though it was the best way to get it to happen. If he had asked for Lessomm, it would not be quite the same. The best way to get Alric to Hypnotize the servant was to claim that he needed to be made trustworthy around all of the masters coin. As he had access to it at all times. However Ender knew that Miro did this on purpose. He encouraged anyone to play a game and steal from him. If any did that they were asking to be killed.

However his master was taking a while to reply. He was starting to wonder if he was even going to be ignored. But Miro was only thinking over what had been said. "That is pretty clever. You're probably right, it is that simple, if I am convincing. However I would need some time along with Alric to discuss such things. And also I have business with Lessomm still. Of course before all of that I must finish things in the room." The Chained One had been building his Djed in his throat and preparing to channel Hypnotism through his voice. He would inspire them to follow him and see things through to completion.

Miro focused his Djed to expand his aura of influence. He struggled to maintain the connection to each of the three targets in the room, and though it was bad form, he knew a gesture was needed. Or in the case of Hypnotism, many gestures. To emote, present himself, exude his charisma. He started by brushing his hair back, and he took a deep breath to clear his mind. With renewed focus he was ready to begin. The words he would speak would be suggestions, hypnotic messages pressed into the subconscious mind. "Together we have all of the resources to find our quarry, overpower him, interrogate him, and handle him."

Miro gave a shrug and slight chuckle as he walked closer in proximity to his targets and prepared to cast further. "With our Djed shackles, he will be unable to cast, and with my Reimancy, I can not be beaten. If it makes any of you feel safer, I can deal wit him alone. And when he is captured, if the artifact isn't immediately available, Alric may Hypnotize everything out of him we need." He went up to Alric and focused on him specifically. He placed his hand on the man's shoulder and looked him dead in the eyes from behind his mask. "And then you shall rewarded, given more fair compensation for your effort."

The undead felt a rush of euphoria from casting, and heard his Familiar tell him something in an odd voice. "Now Hypnotize Lessomm, have him speak openly and display his feelings. He is itching to speak, biting his tongue. Push him into speaking out, pushing the others to agree with you." However when the wizard replied to Ender, something was odd. "Yes, of course, if I Hypnotize Lessomm into speaking for me, they will all be inspired to my side." However Miro did not realize until the Irylid responded again anything was off. "Neither Alric nor Rayage care anything for Lessomm's word as a servant. You needn't convince Lessomm, he will serve his role."

It was startling to realize that he had nearly given into a sweet whisper, and failed to realize the strain casting had put on him. He gripped his forehead as he limped to stand near his servant and finish what he had to say. "Alric is but a Hypnotist as he claims, and Rayage is a professional wizard, but his focus is Alchemy, a world magic. Lessomm Is a personal wizard as well. However I will give each of you the chance to reveal your skills. It can only benefit you to reveal your abilities, for mutual trust keeps us all safe." He could not resist casting one last suggestion, and focused it at the Alchemist. "We need to find a way to work together, for each of you are my most trusted allies. And if you trust me, you trust the other people in the room with you as well."

A perfect way to close off that part of the discussion. He hoped that now each of them could work to display some level of cooperation. And atop of it show trust and loyalty to Miro. It was the least he asked of his friends. Though that would require equal participation, something that Lessomm hadn't been giving. Miro draped his arm across the Eypharian's shoulder. "You are not only a servant, but a wizard too. A wizard is meant to be a proud individual, and as such I expect you to speak your mind. Ask questions, take part in conversation, convey your feelings. Tell us all what you are capable of." The Reimancer turned his attention back to the others and spoke in a serious tone. "I assure you, Lessomm is an impressive wizard, but a well mannered gentleman as well. He is quite talented in many regards."

Miro was quite pleased with how he had set things, and hoped his Djed could be the catalyst to cause the proper reaction. As soon as his allies could join together and rid themselves of mistrust and the reserves all wizard's held, the better. He could not help but to think how much simpler things would have gone had they all sworn allegiance to him. Someday it would happen, he would see to it. However even as loosely joined as they were now Forus would be taken down. Things were in motion, and all of the resources needed to complete there mission were here. The only thing left was to let everything fall into place. The Chained One just hoped that he was successful in his arrangements so far.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Meeting of Magic

Postby Rayage on November 30th, 2013, 7:59 am

Everyone seemed to have something to say about Forus, mostly Alric. Rayage frowned at the others show of concern. In reality Ray never really thought about the danger to himself, Miro, or the others. He was so assured in Miros ability that the thought never cropped up, even when Qiao mentioned that Forus’ main avenue of study was anti-magic.

”The possibility of the artifact being an object of his own creation is high. How very astute of you.” Rayage complimented the other wizard, ”As Miro says, nuit are not a race heavily favored by any god. He most likely does not have a gnosis mark.” The Alchemist tried to reassure and take a bit of control back of the situation. He needed to be confident, dead confident, in not only his abilities as a wizard, but of Miro’s as well. It was with this confidence which he hoped to inspire the others present. If one of Sahova’s Masters can be so calm, then it really should not be a big issue? He needed to keep the others from panic.

”However, we cannot be certain of that fact. The very fact that he might here in Ravok means that he might have Rhysols support for all we know. However, that is no reason to deter us from our goal. Our path is set, and I feel that no god would come to his aid. He might have taken the artifact in hopes for protection, as if that would be enough to employ someone to stop whoever might come after him. The fact is we don’t know for sure. We must not let ‘what ifs’ cloud sound judgment and reason. We must act on what we know, and try to find out other things. Worrying will not help in this situation.” Rayage had the most on the line for this mission. He was eager to see its success.

”Miro trusts you all for a reason. I am sure that he has a plan, but if everyone is going to be shaken by a possible threat, then we might as well not take any action at all.” The nuit paused as if thinking over what to say next, ”We all have various skill sets to our advantage. As Miro said, I am an Alchemist, but Alchemy is not the only magic I know. Miro has said we all together here were born from his res, meaning we all have some skill and working knowledge of the magical discipline Reimancy.” Ray dared to state the obvious.

”The magics I employ are not flashy or very fancy at all compared to that personal magic of Reimancy. However, they are useful. I know the magical disciplines of Auristics, Hypnotism, Leeching, and Glyphing.” he stated most of his known magics, ”Along with the magic of Alchemy, which I specialize in, thank you Miro for introducing that.”

”My skills vary, and I am not the most powerful Personal Wizard, but I should be able to aid us…” Rayage ended.

“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Meeting of Magic

Postby Lessomm on December 30th, 2013, 1:32 am

The conversation between the three mages happened while Lessomm kept himself quiet. They had different ideas and thoughts and the Rayage one seemed intent on continuing to insult everyone in the room. Alric seemed sensible, in Lessomm's eyes, a smart human. There weren't many of those, least of all in Ravok. As Alric was doing quite a bit of talking and Rayage didn't seem to want anything to eat or drink, Lessomm's job was mainly one of decoration. He stood near the table with the drinks and snacks, his hands behind his back, the right on resting lightly in the left one. He listened to the conversation as the mages continued their arguments.

When his master suddenly moved his hand up to his forehead and almost staggered towards him, Lessomm quickly stepped forward and crossed most of the distance between them, standing next to his master, offering a helping hand to make sure he was alright. But as usual, his master ignored his help and stood on his own, caring not for whatever seemed to have happened to him a moment ago. It was strange to be called a wizard amongst these masters. He didn't feel as he had earned the title. Yet. He stood still and watched from the corner of his eyes as his master leaned on him, one arm across his shoulder.

"Thank you, master." He didn't dare go as far as claim that his magic was impressive in any way. "I am a shielding mage, although my skills are nothing compared to each of yours. As for my questions, I feel they can wait until this topic has been resolved." He brought his left hand up to the side of his face, touching lightly the scar that moved down across his face. From the outside it was most likely perceived as shyness for the praise his master had given him. On the inside it was more of a curse towards his ailment. At one point he had been more capable with the magic than he was now but over time he had forgotten it again and again and had been reduced to this magical state. Barely more than a novice. He smiled at the two guests. That was about all he had to add to this conversation.

He had seen for himself the skill and power of his master, on several occasions. The fact that the two guests both boasted an equal level of skill in their respective magical disciplines had come as a shock to the Eypharian. He saw the two guests in a whole different light now and suddenly, he realized, he could feel the same sort of oppressive force from them. Especially from Rayage, with his giant body and shaved head. It struck him that, until he had met his master, his world had actually been impressively small and boring. And now here he was, talking to master wizard about how he could shield and how they would go out, find and attack or even kill an evil master wizard. In the process, he had deflected an indirect order from his master as well, all in the same sentence. He swallowed lightly but didn't move, afraid his master might collapse if he moved from under his arm.
Lessomm
How can I be of service?

Character sheet

A Meeting of Magic

Postby Miro on January 7th, 2014, 10:29 am

Miro was more or less finished with their current arrangement. At least with most of the people in the room. With Alric he still had some business to attend to, but Rayage and Lessomm would need to be gone first. The wizard was more or less disappointed in everyone in the room. At least with the Hypnotist, it was more a stand of independence for the relationship. One of equality between them. That was fine, though much like Rayage, it would have been so much better if they had played the part. Nearly everyone in the room could have made a better impression. Or perhaps it was just the Nuit that made him feel that way.

Ender seemed to be reacting well, and even perhaps slightly fond of Alric. Ironic as it was. The Irylid was going to murder the man before falling to Hypnotic disciplining. Since then the Familiar had surprisingly been different, as if he had woken up. Just looked at things different now, and was able to put all of his harsh feelings aside. This was something Miro desired to learn, and would indeed do whatever it took to get assistance. If it meant offering Reimancy or other magic, it was worth it. Recently Alric had shown interest at the mention of Animation. Another card to be played.

First the Chained One was to wrap things up with his other guests and get rid of them. He walked up to the Nuit and placed a hand on the towering giant's shoulder. "I am quite sorry that things had to be so forward here, but you will see that it turns out in our favor. Soon Forus will be ours. There is a chance that my asset will soon track our target down and lay eyes upon him. Or perhaps not. Things do not always turn out so well." He gave a smirk and pat on the arm before turning to Lessomm. Getting rid of him would be easy.

"Come here Lessomm." The wizard waved his servant over to him. When the man arrived the Reimancer would continue to speak in a soft tone. "I wish for you to see Rayage home. Serve him on the way to his destination. Or in the case that he wishes to hold your assistance for the entire day, destinations. However, once he is done with your services, you are free until tomorrow." The undead raised a cautionary finger and waggled it slightly. "But remember, Rayage is a very important colleague. He may be a bit eccentric, crass and upsetting at times, but his happiness is very important. He is a very wise man, and he acts the way he does for a reason. Be tolerant of him and you may learn something."

Miro stood at the door and waited for his guest to be ready for escort. It was likely Lessomm would prepare something odd before leaving as he often did, and Rayage would likely have something grand to say. If the Nuit did not, it would likely be substituted for a smug and grumpy look. One filled with contempt for some complaint his old mind created to keep him from smiling. The wizard held the door wide open and slammed it closed behind them instantly. Now it was just him and Alric. "Ah, much better, wouldn't you say? This room is most comfortable with just two. Now we can really get down to business. I could tell you all about Animation, if you might tell me a few things in return."
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Meeting of Magic

Postby Lessomm on January 15th, 2014, 4:08 am

Lessomm made sure his master was ok as Miro moved towards Rayage and placed a hand on his shoulder. He seemed stable enough to stay on his feet on his own. Lessomm turned and started to arrange the cups and fruits he had set out. If it hadn't been for the nature of his master and his company, Lessomm would have been insulted at the lack of eating and drinking that had happened. The wine hadn't been cheap, even if all the money had come from his master's pocket. He recorked the bottel but left it out for now, in case Alric decided wine was necessary while Lessomm was out. As he was about to arrange the fruit according to type, Miro called out to him.

Lessomm walked over and bowed forward slightly, listening to his master's soft spoken words. He did his best to keep his face blank as he listened. It showed on his face, in his eyes and in the way his lips twitched down for a moment, how Lessomm wasn't happy with his orders. Guide Rayage home was no problem. But stay there at the whims of that bag of bones... Lessomm rebuked himself mentally and smiled. "Of course, master. I understand." There was no cloak to offer Rayage, as he had never taken his off, and no bags to carry so, while taking off the white gloves and hooking them in his belt, Lessomm walked outside in the hallway, where he waited for Rayage.

"I will call you a ravosala to take you home." He informed the nuit of his plans before heading outside. Lessomm didn't run down the stairs but his legs carried him quickly and efficiently down to the streets and the canal between it. He waved for the Ravosalas attention and waited as one made his way across. Lessomm recognized the Ravosalo driver that always took Miro around. Reny, Renne, Renzy... something like that. He didn't think anything of it. These people had their spots and it was only natural for them to stick around places where many Ravosala's were hired. For a moment, Lessomm wondered if they actually ever saw the whole city or if their trips were back and forth between a few spots in the city, doing the same trips every day.

As he waited for Rayage to reach the side of the canal, Lessomm gave instructions to the Ravosala driver as to where he wanted him to go and spoke quickly about the weather and the traffic on the canals. Apparently, things were still quiet and nobody had capsized yet, which the driver found funny. Lessomm stepped aside as Rayage reached them, leaving him to step in first, if he so desired. In case he did take the Ravosala home, Lessomm would even offer him a hand to get in and step in after him, yet remained characteristically quiet in the presence of the large professor.
Lessomm
How can I be of service?

Character sheet

A Meeting of Magic

Postby Abstract on February 25th, 2014, 10:32 pm

Grade Awarded!

~|-|~

Miro

Award :