Completed A Slight Commotion

In which Dallen is blocking traffic on the docks in the never-ending quest for art.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Slight Commotion

Postby Dallen on February 14th, 2014, 3:39 am

Looking at him quizzically, Ricky said, "What’s de sudden need t’ hide f’r mate? " Saying nothing, Dallen pointed to a pretty woman, who was walking down the street, rust-colored hair twirling in the wind behind her. Crouched over, Dallen moved quickly over to a nearby building, and pressed himself against the wall. "Her name is Akia, and I've known her for quite a long time, since I was twelve, in fact, but she has a quirk that surfaces every single time she's around me." Grinding his teeth together, he growled, "She asks me to draw her. EVERY. PETCHING. TIME." Sighing, he rubbed the bridge of his nose with his forefinger and thumb, and said, "She's a very nice girl otherwise, I do have to admit, but it gets annoying after a while." Mumbling, Dallen mused, "Now, how do I get past her without being seen..."

NOTICE: THIS CHARACTER IS BEING PLACED UNDER HIATUS. ALL CURRENT THREADS SHALL BE FINISHED, BUT THIS CHARACTER WILL BE SUSPENDED TILL FURTHER NOTICE OTHERWISE.
Dallen
Art is Everything

Words: 29774
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2014, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Slight Commotion

Postby Ricky Maze on February 15th, 2014, 6:59 am

If Ricky didn’t know better than to assume anything, he’d guessed right off the bat that the two were crushing on one another. Once he heard Dallen explain the reason as to her need to be his muse, he couldn’t help but force himself not to laugh in amusement. At best there were plenty of chuckles as his eyes lit up, interest definitely developed as he flashed a hearty grin to the artist that hid behind the corner wall. "If Oi didn’t know any better, Oi’d ‘ave t’ say she’s got feelin’s f’r ya mate." He pointed out with arms crossed as he leaned on the wall with his shoulder, being the size of a bear he was Ricky definitely made a pretty good tower over Dallen. Likely well enough to where she couldn’t easily see him, now that the fisherman purposefully propped himself to hide away the man. It wasn’t likely any of his business but now that Ricky had gotten the chance to observe the girl, he found himself wondering what exactly kept Dallen from speaking with her.

That is in regards to personal matters like “affairs of the heart” as so many would call him. Sure enough the ginger was cute and she did hold herself confident in stride, so what exactly kept the artist from going there with the woman? Did he not have the stones? The confidence? Was there something about her he didn’t favor? Curiosity was well worth looking into but Ricky really didn’t want to ruin anything, as far as mutual grounds went since both fisherman and artist stood as strangers. Come to think of it the last time Ricky knew an artist; he died and came back an undead chained one with a penchant to cut up pretty women. Such a shame that turned out to be, considering he was a very close friend and all. Yet that bond was beautiful because of it, that friendship that linked them so close that they felt sure they would remain a part of each other’s lives forever. Oddly enough even with little chance in seeing him again, Ricky felt sure that Valo was still out there somewhere living the rest of his eternity. He could only hope the Chained One found peace with himself since the split of the road, considering they’d not seen one another since Ricky’s venture to Nyka.

Finally unable to hold his amusement and interest in anymore Ricky blurted a question just loud enough for Dallen to hear, while he kept his back to the artist and avoided a look over the shoulder. While he did this Dallen would notice a mark right under Ricky's left ear, quite the size of the thumb with it a coppery hue to it's appearance. That was a mark of his vow to Cheva, the symbol of his oath with his wife at home. Those who would see such a mark could easily tell what it stood for, so Dallen had the chance to quickly take note of that with just a bit of observation. "Y’know, Oi t’ink she might dig ya mate. If she wanna be yer muse, maybe she’s waitin’ f’r ya t’ ask ‘er out." He kept to being casual about it but all the same looked natural as though he might be mumbling to himself, that way any speculation that he would be hiding said artist could easily melt away. Of course as for getting around said gingerly muse… that was Dallen’s current issue now wasn’t it.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Slight Commotion

Postby Dallen on February 15th, 2014, 11:31 pm

Laughing quietly, and giving Dallen a smile, Ricky said, "If Oi didn’t know any better, Oi’d ‘ave t’ say she’s got feelin’s f’r ya mate." Waving his hand and smiling, Dallen said, "Well, I'd certainly hope so. It'd be terrible if I had known her for all of these ten years, and she was cold and diffident towards me!" Oblivious, Dallen relaxed a bit, with naught a clue. Looking up at Ricky, Dallen noted with a nod of the chin, that Ricky had a copper mark under his left ear. With a knowing tone, Dallen said, "Married, huh?"
"Y’know, Oi t’ink she might dig ya mate. If she wanna be yer muse, maybe she’s waitin’ f’r ya t’ ask ‘er out." When Ricky blurted out his question, Dallen was completely unprepared. Gagging on his own air, Dallen hacked and coughed up a storm, likely drawing attention to the large fisherman. Turning to Ricky incredulously, Dallen coughed out a large "WHAT?", and continued to wheeze.

NOTICE: THIS CHARACTER IS BEING PLACED UNDER HIATUS. ALL CURRENT THREADS SHALL BE FINISHED, BUT THIS CHARACTER WILL BE SUSPENDED TILL FURTHER NOTICE OTHERWISE.
Dallen
Art is Everything

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Slight Commotion

Postby Ricky Maze on February 17th, 2014, 8:48 pm

Thinking on it the fact they knew one another for ten years was a long time. About as long as Ricky and Telion knew one another and they remained best friends throughout most of the course of those years in fact. It wasn’t until the next person in Ricky’s life who’d grown to be his closest friend as well, gave the two a much needed push to set their relationship a little bit further down the road. It made Ricky wonder how Hannah was doing out there now that she’d left Zeltiva in need of a break, yet the fisherman wouldn’t hold it against her if she didn’t come back for season or two. He understood the needs to take a break and gain some distance when necessary, sometimes even wished he could do the same if he were to be honest with himself. Yet he couldn’t put the things that needed him here on halt and just take time for himself, not when he had a family to take care of back home when the work day ended.

Upon his remark of observation with the whole “girl trouble” situation Ricky heard Dallen choke on the air he breathed for a few ticks and couldn’t help but grin, although the noise could likely give away his location if he didn’t watch it. However it could easily be thought of as background noise to the street when one walked their way down through the crowd, so for Ricky it could go either way when Dallen seemed to catch hold of his breath again. The “what” that the fisherman heard though made him laugh, amused with the reaction the artist held as he continued to watch the ginger walk on. "Judgin’ by de sound o’ dat, Oi’m assumin’ dis guy’s in de same position as Oi was." He thought to himself in secret with the assumption that Dallen didn’t know how he felt towards this woman, he could’ve been wrong a thousand times over sure enough; but to Ricky it just looked like the same sort of situation he was in. It was a relationship where he hardly recognized his true feelings to someone so close to him.

That’d been Ricky’s way of acting for so long and it hardly got him anywhere most of the time, until finally he’d decided to clean his act and finally do something about it. Such an eventful year this had been to be sure, the emotional hurricane that just never seemed to end finally started to lessen as the year actually began its close this season. That is of course with the fact there had been several plans made for the new year too, Ricky had much to work on come Springtime and its new daily practices. "Aye," He mused with a chuckle, "Justin’ pointin’ out at de fact she looks good mate, someone who’d be worth gittin’ t’ know f’r sure. Who knows, ya may actually find yer self feelin’ somethin’ deep wit’ ‘er." He looked over the left shoulder with a grin to Dallen, the mark still noticeable from the artist’s point of view. "Believe me, Oi was de same way once. Ignorant t’ those who ‘ad feelin’s towards me, dat is until Oi managed t’ quit bein’ so ignorant ‘bout dem." He spoke with a sort of understanding in his tone so he knew Dallen could register that to be wisdom, rather than a simple matter of opinion on the subject, since he was so experienced with such trivial matters alone.

"By de way, how’s dat plan t’ gittin’ ‘ome goin’ mate?" He redirected the topic back to the focus of the moment, since Dallen was so keen on avoiding such a woman so much.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Slight Commotion

Postby Dallen on February 18th, 2014, 2:54 am

"Aye, justin’ pointin’ out at de fact she looks good mate, someone who’d be worth gittin’ t’ know f’r sure. Who knows, ya may actually find yer self feelin’ somethin’ deep wit’ ‘er. Believe me, Oi was de same way once. Ignorant t’ those who ‘ad feelin’s towards me, dat is until Oi managed t’ quit bein’ so ignorant ‘bout dem." The rugged fisherman spoke to Dallen in a sage, wise tone, which Dallen relaxed at the sound of.

In all of the ten years that Dallen had known her, Akia had never really shown any sort of... affection towards Dallen. She was more like a sister than anything, and yet... Dallen was glad that Ricky had opened his eyes to this, for some reason. Maybe he had actually had feelings for her all these years, and hadn't noticed it. Maybe he should draw her one of these days.

"By de way, how’s dat plan t’ gittin’ ‘ome goin’ mate?" Ricky's candid question brought him reeling back to reality. Looking back up at the Wave Guard's rugged face, Dallen said, "Well, I was hoping that if maybe you could stand here for until she passed, then moved behind me, so she couldn't see me from behind, I could walk quickly home, and then meet you at the Pier." Chancing a glance at Akia, Dallen ducked back behind Ricky's massive form. As the redhead walked past, Dallen glimpsed her slender frame, and felt a pang of...something. This was evident by the look on his face, which resembled one of longing. Shaking his head, Dallen whispered, "Okay, let's go."

Stepping quickly down the stone street, Dallen's head stuck above most of the rest, and slouching, Dallen tried to make himself less visible. When he reached West Street, he breathed a sigh of relief and stood straight up. This was a mistake, however, for when he did, a light, pretty-sounding voice called out, "Dallen McHenderson, there you are! Slow down!" Akia, rust hair flying about wildly, sprinted up to him. Huffing, she said, "Well, Dallen, I heard you were near the docks today, but when you weren't there, I decided to check at your house." Flashing him a dazzling grin, she continued, "It turns out that my gamble was profitable." Looking towards Ricky, she nudged Dallen in the ribs with her elbow. "Dallen, why didn't you introduce me to your friend here?" Holding out her hand, she said, "Hello, my name is Akia Gratton, and I am Dallen's best friend, who are you?" As she stood there smiling brightly at Ricky, Dallen stood to the side, embarrassed. Putting his hand behind his head, he shrugged, embarrassed.

Dallen
Art is Everything

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Slight Commotion

Postby Ricky Maze on February 18th, 2014, 6:46 am

It didn’t take the sharpest eye to see that something was clear in the way Dallen looked to the girl that walked by, even by the dedicated attention he gave her Ricky could tell something deep down remained hidden inside. The fisherman chuckled as his assumptions seemed clear all right, this was just another case of “Ricky the Ignorant” in the fisherman’s perspective… only this time it wasn’t Ricky who’d been idiotically avoiding things. Nothing was solid of course as this was evidently the feelings Dallen had inside, whether they were true to reflect what Ricky anticipated was all up to the artist. Still it amused Ricky to see such young love bound to prosper, even better help such a thing come to attention at such an early state. In Ricky’s mind the sooner such things were noticed the better, considering he already had his boy on the way by the time he was ready to tell Telion everything.

Yes the situation as a whole was but a wild twister of emotion for Ricky, just when he’d taken interest in a ginger with hair more fiery than the one Dallen watched just now, before he knew it that woman had drugged both his and Telion’s Kelp Beer and left the city. Her intentions were truly honest though, as Ricky knew now her reason behind it. All the same he could never be happier to think of Hannah as a close friend, if not a sister, thanks to her role in his life. She’d not only influenced the much needed spark in the relationship between Ricky and Telion, but unintentionally caused Martin to be brought into the picture as well. If anything Ricky saw her and Martin both blessings in his life, considering the several tragedies he’s had to face time and time again.

"Sounds good mate." Ricky nodded in agreement even if he’d still been looking over his shoulder, and followed the artist’s lead as they went on through the crowd and further into the street. Sure enough they’d passed the crush that walked along and made it well away from her zone of search, which all the same kept Ricky on his toes as he watched with intrigue for the time. It wasn’t until the light voice of a feminine creature called out the name, full name mind you, that belonged to the artist, which in turn caused Ricky to freeze in place as surprise caught up with him. "Dooooh Shyke." Were the initial words that crossed Ricky’s mind as he turned to face the very same gingerly woman that they worked to avoid, a wide amused grin rubbed all over his face as he chuckled with a bit of enthusiasm towards this Akia. It never failed to surprise him how any plans he was involved in went south, then again his luck was always up and down all the time when it came to life’s smallest situations.

Upon the introduction Ricky’s face beamed slightly red with modesty, caught up in how much alike the girl really was with Hannah. Although she didn’t possess all the same qualities as Hannah did there was still a small resemblance… rather a mix between Hannah and Telion’s personality by the looks of it. "Oi be damned, she gotta mouth like ‘annah’s an’ a tongue like Tel’s by de looks o’ it." With his first impression starting to settle Ricky merely handled the greeting as though it were any other, quick to avoid any direct eye contact while he introduced himself in turn. "Ricky Maze o’ t’e Wave Guard lass, but ye may just call me Ricky or Rick if ya prefer." He noted with a gentle handshake, amazed at how the words déjà vu easily came to mind in the present situation.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Slight Commotion

Postby Dallen on February 27th, 2014, 8:50 pm

"Ricky Maze o’ t’e Wave Guard lass, but ye may just call me Ricky or Rick if ya prefer."

Beaming, Akia shook his hand with a gentle, yet firm grip. "Oh, I should have guessed you were one of the Wave Guard, I mean, you DO have the uniform on and all..." She let go of his hand with a smiling shake of her head. "I'm so unobservant sometimes." She turned to Dallen, and said, "So where are you headed to, Dallen?"

Dallen, still a bit embarrassed, managed to get the tinges of red out of his face. "Well, Akia, I'm headed back home to get more supplies, so I can paint the harbor." Holding a hand out towards Ricky, he said, "This fine man here agreed to show me a place to paint without bothering all the sailors." Rubbing the back of his neck, Dallen grinned, abashed, and said, "I apparently bothered one so much, he threw my palette into the harbor.."

Akia laughed good-naturedly and smacked him back the upside of his head. "Dallen, you've gotta stop that." Getting more serious, she ruffled his hair, and said, "Really, someday you're going to get hurt. You have to learn when to let go..." Pulling Dallen alongside her, Akia chirped, "Well, if you need to go to your home, then let's go!"

As he was dragged along, Dallen glanced back at Ricky and gave a lopsided shrug and grin.

As they approached his flat, if Ricky followed further, he would see that the door was an older one, but solid and well-oiled, with a latch that opened easily to Dallen's twist of the key and rotation of the handle, the bar iron. The room was well-lit from about three shuttered windows, and as Akia opened the nearest one, the room became even more lit. Dallen headed to the back of the room, where another door awaited him. Opening it, Ricky would have caught a glimpse of a bed with a chest beside it. In next to no time, Dallen pulled out a board, which was about the same size as an artist's palette. Dallen also pulled out a small canvas, and rolling up the previous one, tossed it into the chest, closing it. Moving out of his room, Dallen closed the door and strode over to Akia (and possibly Ricky). "Okay, I have what I need, so let's go!" With Akia following, he exited his home, and locked the door. Moving to the street, he motioned to Ricky. "Lead on, friend!"

Dallen
Art is Everything

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Slight Commotion

Postby Ricky Maze on March 3rd, 2014, 7:02 pm

Ricky’s response was but a quietly amused chuckle that would’ve sounded like a snort, had he not the ability to suppress it the way he did. He couldn’t really tell for sure if this girl acted out or seemed to really be so… well he couldn’t really place a word on her at the moment, not when he’d just met her for the first time it seems. Her remark on being unobservant still made him wonder if it were just a façade led on by an act, he couldn’t place a finger on it but he could assume there was more to her than she led on.

With interest Ricky stood there with hands in his pockets and a simple grin, content with the situation as he rubbed Fenvur gently in the pocket the cat resided in. They were muffled but the purrs were the genuine response of a kitten in bliss as he loved the warmth and massage he dwelled in, hence why the cat probably loved being in Ricky’s pockets so dam much. He couldn’t agree more to the fact Dallen seemed headstrong, only silently did he do so with a chuckle at the interaction between the two. Clearly this was something similar to Ricky when he was with Telion, two best friends for years and not a sign of attraction between the two. No. The attraction was there but they just never had it in them to wonder, unfortunate that Ricky couldn’t have grown a pair sooner and attempted to see how the relationship would’ve developed beforehand.

Yet he still couldn’t complain with how things turned out between him and Telion, the two were truly in love with one another and had their first child together. Albeit one hell of a way to start a married life, Ricky was somehow rather glad Hannah drugged their Kelp Beer that night. It was an indirect way to set them up, and somehow still seemed to work in the end. Gods. ‘annah Oi miss ya so much. He could only hope she would return soon, seeing as how she needed a break from Zeltiva altogether. Maybe when it finally warmed up she would be back, she did after all need to be there to be a part of Martin’s life.

In his own thought Ricky had followed Dallen and Akia by instinctive habit; since he’d grown accustomed to their appearances he knew where they’d lead him. He paid little mind to the home Dallen lived in as he couldn’t pull himself to dwell on it, though simple and tidy came to mind sure enough when he waited for the artist. He definitely wished that he’d a bigger room to live within, rather than the simple bedroom he’d purchased back at the beginning of the year. There was so much planned that he thought he’d literally have more rooms to make into a house by now, yet for some reason life threw unexpected events his way and led him to have a family to look after first. Thus the lifelong dream of having another house to call home became longer, as Ricky would have to work hard just to build enough savings for the rest of the complex. Upon hearing the words Dallen said Ricky nodded in compliance, happy to finally take the lead in their walk.

"Roi den, de Cerulean Pier it is." He turned to the direction the pier resided within the city, and led onward with a content expression as he wondered just how bad Dallen and Akia had it with one another. He would certainly have to see about speaking with the artist later on, just to find out how much inner feelings were kept hidden away. "If ye look t’ paint de obelisks den we’ll ‘ave t’ go t’ de end o’ de pier. That’ll ‘ave de best view o’ both de obelisks an’ de docks." He assured the two with a thought held back, it was a comment he kept to himself that it was also a good spot to see the ocean too. Likely romantic enough for Akia’s, or any other woman’s taste of course. The thought remained quiet though with but a chuckle to escape him, he really found it amusing at how much of a reminder the two were.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on March 7th, 2014, 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Slight Commotion

Postby Dallen on March 6th, 2014, 7:51 pm

"Roi den, de Cerulean Pier it is." Pointing towards the pier's location, Ricky continued, "If ye look t’ paint de obelisks den we’ll ‘ave t’ go t’ de end o’ de pier. That’ll ‘ave de best view o’ both de obelisks an’ de docks." Ricky had a slight look in his eye, one that made him look both older and sadder, but also happy as well. Huh. Never would've thought that this man was more than five, maybe six years older than me. Yet he has the look of a world-worn old man... Looking at Akia, Dallen, unaware of what Ricky was doing, asked, "Akia, would you like to come with me? I might need you to keep me from annoying a giant fish." The sarcasm was light-hearted, and brought a beam of light to her face. "Of course, Dallen! Wouldn't want you to get eaten, at least not until your birthday!" As Akia walked down the pier with him, Dallen, slightly nervous, looked at Ricky for encouragement. Finding some comfort in the fisherman's Wow... The sunset looks amazing today. As he unrolled the canvas, Akia sat down next to him on the very end of the pier, their legs hanging over the ocean. It was such a nice way to end the day. Sunset splashing orange across his face and clothes, Dallen started painting, Akia watching closely, interest shining on her face. When the sun had sunk to its lowest point on the horizon, Dallen, almost as an afterthought, added two black, almost shapeless figures sitting upon the pier, where he was sitting.

Secret :
Whew! This thread is nearing to a close, it seems. You can post one more time, if you wanna. It's okay if you don't.

Dallen
Art is Everything

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Slight Commotion

Postby Ricky Maze on March 7th, 2014, 4:55 am

It sure didn’t take long for the group to arrive at the pier since West Street was rather close to it, and of course when they did Ricky made sure to reveal the best spot he referred to as Dallen and Akia seemed to somehow fall in with the scenery around them. Look at dat, dey’re practically already in cahoots wit’ one anot’er. He thought in silence with a grin on his face, he assumed well enough that the attitude between them had changed by now. His job today was also certainly well done in regards to his duty, not only did he go out of his way to help a fellow citizen of the city, but he also spared a bit of his own time just to bring a few things to light.

First off the fact that there were definitely far better places to find inspiration in something other than the docks, considering that seemed to be where Dallen’s troubles began today. The second and likely most valuable lesson learned was that being blind to something obvious never really paid off. Considering it somehow landed him with not just a beautiful wife but a baby boy in one whole process, Ricky knew good and well that to recognize something was better rather than to ignore it. Thus when he noticed the chemistry between these two young ones, he couldn’t help but try and avoid a probable mistake from happening as he remembered the very one of his own he’d made. Now that he’d seen the two of them settled on the pier it was clear he had did a good thing today, thus saw that his time was pretty much no longer needed for Dallen.

Convinced that things were just right between the two he’d silently left them as though he were a mere ghost, though not as graceful as one he went well silent with naught but a smile on his face as he thought about the two of them. In due time when he got home from the Wave Guard Head Quarters Ricky soon found himself ever eager to hold both Martin and Telion close, the image of the two young couple on the docks a reminder to the love and connection he felt for his wife and child. Such reminders were always uplifting to have, thus Ricky found that his day ended rather well in the comfort of his home with thing he loved and cherished most; his family.

oocThat sums up my post pretty much. Good work thus far mate! Looking forward to future threads. :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext