Quest A Hunting We Will Go

[Razkar, Riaris]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

A Hunting We Will Go

Postby Traverse on October 1st, 2013, 1:31 am

The meal was consumed in relative silence, the two warriors battered and exhausted from their long journey, ending in the ultimate battle.

"I have heard reports of a bloodthirsty Myrian ripping apart Zith with is bare teeth, and a dark Purple Akalak fighting them 5 to 1..."

The voice came form the dusky blue form of Onithet, one arm bandaged, but otherwise seeming no worse for the wear as he approached the table where the two males ate. He maintained a respectful distance, back straight, eyes glowing with something that could have been sorry...or mayhaps glee.

"We lost many good Akalak and Drykas this night, but I am glad Dira did not call you into her embrace as well." He glanced thoughtfully over his shoulder a moment.

"Linoa tells me you are both fit for travel when you are ready to depart, and I believe there is someone that wishes to take you home, Riaris." There was a snort, and a high pitched whinny that called to the three figures from outside, following by a shuddering of the earth and a-

"PETCHING BITCH!"

An indignant snort followed the cursing, and Onithet rubbed his nose, perhaps covering a smirk or merely getting an itch. "If you would like, Riaris, you can take Patience as your own mount, it is the least we can do for a fellow brother in arms after your display in battle, and...well I'm not sure if she'll let anyone else ride her..." The Akalak glanced at Razkar, bowing his head.

"I believe your mount fell in combat, comrade, but there are a few supplies we've recovered from the fight that I'm sure could be of use to you, and there are plenty of mounts to choose from to bring you back to the city."

The Akalak gave a long bow. "Your service to Riverfall will not be forgotten."

And just as swiftly the Akalak strode off, talking to other recuperating warriors who were waking and eating their fill as well. It had taken so long, so much, but now their ordeal was over, and neither Razkar nor Riaris was coming away empty-handed.

The Sea of Grass provides for those who are strong enough to take it, just as they had shown themselves to be.

oocAlright guys, any last words and then I shall give you your heaping amount of loot, please be patient with me as I sort this all out, and thanks for sticking with me, this was an epic thread!!!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

A Hunting We Will Go

Postby Riaris Dovukalis on October 1st, 2013, 8:22 pm

Riaris lifted his head and stared hard at the Akalak, he said nothing, but the look in his eyes were enough to translate his thoughts into three different languages, and in none of them would his words be kind. It was likely Riaris and Recoomas fault for the longer travel time and all of the extra trouble they got into, but the Akalak wasn't about to let that get in the way of a good brood.

"Onithet, still kicking I see. I did wonder if you were killed, but then I remembered that you would be to stubborn to lay down long enough for Dira to claim you."

There was nothing hidden in his voice, Riaris was not happy with this Akalak. But he sucked it up enough to stand and walk outside where he learned Patience was waiting for him. They had a time, the warhorse and Akalak. They fought against and with each other, and even for the other. It was a blooming relationship and even though Riaris hadn't been to kin on horses before, he had at least learned to like this one.

"You are a true warhorse I will say. Killing Zith isn't something that every Akalak can't lay claim to, much less a horse."

A weak smile formed on his face and he reached up to gently pet the horse and was surprised that it allowed him. "I can't say which of us is the most stubborn, but I think we both know the answer, don't we?" The Akalak shook his head when he realized that he was publicly having a one-sided conversation with a horse. Finally, he turned around and faced Razkar, the blood thirsty Myrian that had fought like an Akalak through the night.

"You fight well Razkar, impressive even. Perhaps one day we shall battle side by side again."

With a nod of his head, Riaris reached a meaty hand out to shake that of the Myrian if he would have it. " Live well Razkar, and fight better."

The more you try to silence me, the more I'm gaining ground.
Riaris Dovukalis
Prediction?......Pain

Words: 299930
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)

A Hunting We Will Go

Postby Razkar on October 2nd, 2013, 3:47 am

The Myrian watched the exchange of words between the two Akalaks with a sort of detached curiosity, as another would observe a pair of male birds puffing and strutting on a nearby branch. Obviously there was some tension between them, but it's measure and nature... he had little stake.

"I believe your mount fell in combat, comrade, but there are a few supplies we've recovered from the fight that I'm sure could be of use to you, and there are plenty of mounts to choose from to bring you back to the city."

That was directed towards him, however, and after giving a short bow of thanks, Razkar set off to wrangle a spare steed. Onithet was as good as his words, though: wrangling was unnecessary. A line of milling, riderless horses was tethered not far from where they were eating, and Razkar picked a painted grey almost at random.

"Not Mrrko," he mumbled under his breath as he fixed a saddle to it, then wondered which dead man had ridden him the night before, "But good enough to get home..."

Home. He caught the word as it exited his lips and shook his head. Home for him as an ocean and a jungle away, but still-

"Your service to Riverfall will not be forgotten."

The militia commander certainly didn't lack for humility. Even surrounded by lackeys and underlings, he bowed his respect to the Myrian without pause, and Razkar caught no lie or insincerity in his words.

He had been touched, but Razkar would wonder days later, all but hounded from the perfect-looking city of Riverfall, if the honorable Akalak had leaped to his defense, or had turned a death ear when he heard of a condemned Myrian dueling in the Gideon Arena.

By then of course, it was academic. But in the moment...

"Honor was mine."

The larger, older male did not stay around much longer, and soon it was just the two sparring partners and sometimes scouts and warriors. They took their measure of each other one last time, a glimmer of fond farewell passing between their gaze, until-

"You fight well Razkar, impressive even. Perhaps one day we shall battle side by side again."

The Myrian cocked his head at the words, and a smile that was both savage and pleasant oiled its way across his face, displaying sharp teeth. Side by side, the Akalak said? Perhaps... or face to face. After seeing flashes of the brawls the hulking heap of purple muscle had engaged in, Razkar knew it would be... quite a battle.

"Live well Razkar, and fight better."

But that was for the future; in that time and place, Razkar took the outstretched hand, squeezing firmly but not hard... and was pleased to find that the Akalak attempted no similar testosterone-fueled showiness. A show of respect, perhaps?

A few guttural words in Myrian were uttered and Riaris frowned... until Razkar's smile widened a touch and he spoke in clear, slow Common.

"Until that day..."

One of this people's most ancient farewells, given to allies, kin, comrades and mortal enemies alike. Until the day they loved and laughed together again; until the day they fought and only one departed. Until the day that Dira embraced them and Myri rebirthed them and fathomless Lhex weighed and measured their deeds.

Razkar turned his horse away and urged him (or her) gently towards a knot of exhausted-looked Drykas setting out for the west, towards Riverfall. He settled in behind them and did not deign to glance avariciously at the piles of discarded Zith weapons, nor the piles of burning bodies.

Some indignant voice far from that places of grass and plains growled that he'd been robbed by his own injuries and the actions of his "allies": no scalps would be claimed, nor trophies... but She had seen. She always saw where armies brawled and blood was shed.

Especially by her children.

The Myrian rode on and the Akalak watched him slowly shrink with the rest of the party. Soon the grass swallowed them all, Horse Lords following the inscrutable Web to steer themselves past pools of rampant djed and packs of prowling Glassbeaks.

Razkar heard the sounds of the camp fade like shadow before rising Syna. Soon sound would leave that clearing; nothing would stir save the jackals and vultures already circling and watching the charred feast they only had to wait for. Then legions uncountable of insects and wriggling things would harvest what was left... and then the Sea was obliterate everything else.

Would there be a trace of that desperate skirmish under Leth and flame in a year? A month? A decade? Perhaps not. Razkar ruminated on that as the sounds finally left his ears, but there was no despair in his eyes when a wry smile alighted his face again.

He had fought, slayed, survived... and the dawn was all the sweeter for it.

OOCNine months and we finally put a cap on it. Trav, Riaris... if I was wearing a hat, I'd take it off to you. Thanks to ya both.
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Hunting We Will Go

Postby Traverse on March 5th, 2014, 6:59 pm

The Ultimate Grade of Ultimate Destiny
(Finally)

Razkar

Experience:

• Acrobatics 3
  • Cooking 1
  • Dagger 1
  • Dual Wield 5
  • Endurance 5
  • Hunting 3
  • Intimidation 3
  • Kukri 3
  • Land Navigation 3
  • Leadership 1
  • Medicine 1
  • Meditation 1
  • Riding (Horse) 5
  • Running 3
  • Sewing 1
  • Shortbow 1
  • Tactics 5
  • Tracking 2
  • Wilderness Survival 3

Lores:

• Eating a Zith Heart
  • The Sea of Grass Holds Many Dangers Beside Zith
  • Encountering Snarlwings
  • Olidosapux: Furry Tskanna
  • Riaris: Prideful, But Sensible
  • Gaining Recoomas's Respect
  • Best to Keep Fights as Short as Possible

Inventory:

+ 300 GM

+ 1 Ivory Headed Long Spear A finely crafted weapon with a shaft carved from an ash tree, smooth, yet easy to grip. The head of the spear is an intricately carved sharp head the base where it is attached to the spear holds two Night lion heads on either side of the spear head, one a lion with a flowing mane, the other a lioness, mouth open with fangs beared.

+ 1 Drykas made Shortbow

+ Several Zith Scalps

+ 1 month's worth of dried rations courtesy of the Kuvay' Nas

Riaris

Experience:

• Acrobatics 5
  • Bodybuilding 2
  • Brawling 1
  • Endurance 5
  • Hunting 3
  • Intimidation 4
  • Investigation 1
  • Lakan 5
  • Land Navigation 3
  • Leadership 1
  • Long Spear 1
  • Longsword 1
  • Meditation 2
  • Riding (Horse) 5
  • Running 2
  • Skinning 1
  • Socialization 3
  • Tactics 5
  • Teaching 1
  • Tracking 2
  • Unarmed Combat 4
  • Wilderness Survival 3

Lores:

• The Duties of a New Recruit
  • Knowing the Dangers of the Sea of Grass
  • Razkar: Surprisingly Intelligent
  • Razkar: Infuriatingly Strong
  • Gaining Razkar's Respect

Inventory:

+ 300 GM

+ 1 Serrated Longsword

+ Patience: A Sungold/ Bloodbane mix, Patience is a large warhorse with a bloodthirsty streak. She is stubborn, ornery, and prone to violent moodswings, yet respects and obeys Riaris...for the most part.

+ 1 Section of Zith Skin (Face)

Shared Lores:

• Scouting for the Kuvay' Nas
  • Fighting Off a Snarlwing Horde
  • Linoa: A Skilled Konti Healer
  • Defeating a Massive Zith Attack

••••••••••••

Additional Notes :
Alright, so I owe you guys both apologies for taking so long in delivering this massive grade, I have no excuses so I shall present none, though I hope you're satisfied with the grades as this thing net you quite a chunk of XP all told. This thread has literally spanned my entire career as an ST so I definitely look on it fondly, and I really enjoyed going through it with you guys, you're both great writers and it was just pure violent fun.

I awarded the GM partially because of the fact that even though the Kuvay'Nas was volunteer based when you guys set off on this quest, it isn't any longer and I know they would have compensated both of you as skilled fighters who made a difference in the battle, with the leftovers and looting that probably went on after the fight, I doubt that was a hard amount to part with.

If you think I missed anything lore XP, or reward wise, let me know.

Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous