Closed A Stretch in Time (Wanda Endust)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Stretch in Time (Wanda Endust)

Postby Letixia Raigner on March 8th, 2014, 2:02 pm

Spring 10, 514
Leti was leaving her training in pain, hunched over, breathing slow and staggered. She'd been sparring with her patron, Ser Ranqor, and tried to do a showy attack to catch him off guard. Not only did she miss, she succeeded in hurting a muscle in her back bad enough that she couldn't continue. He'd suggested that she go drop off her armor and gear in her dorm then make her way to the bathhouse and have a massage done. The thought sounded lovely, but the execution sounded painfully difficult. She slowly hobbled her way to her dorm, wincing with each step. Opening the door to her suite was excruciating and she gasped as she did so.

Finally making her way into her room, she slowly, choppily, removed her armor bit by painful bit. The worst was trying to remove her chain mail shirt, forcing her to lift it up and over her head. Her clothes stunk and were sweat soaked. Perhaps she would bathe while she was there too, she knew she needed it. She grabbed her coin pouch and made her way to the Soothing Waters Baths on the third tier.

She strode through the double doors, winced with each step down the stairwell, and stopped at the reception counter. A man smiled and greeted her, "Hello there. What can I help you with?" She looked at him, "I think I've injured a back muscle and was wondering if I could get a masseuse to check it out and take care of it?" He tutted, able to instantly tell she was a squire, "Well, all of our masseuses are busy with other people at the moment, so you may have to wait a little while. Would you like to bathe while you wait? We'll launder your clothes as well."

She nodded, then made her way to the women's locker room. She slowly stripped out of her attire handing it to an attendant along with a single silver as tip. She wrapped her towel around her form and made her way to the bathing pool. She found a set of steps, placed her towel on the edge and stepped into the warm waters. She was not shy about being nude here, having come here several times in her stint as a squire. She saw a few faces that she recognized but none that she knew too well. She waded around simply enjoying the warmth. She looked around for an attendant to get some soap and help her wash, her back making her wince every step or so, quite obvious to many onlookers that she was in pain.

Letixia Raigner
Player

Words: 92660
Joined roleplay: February 20th, 2014, 7:31 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Wanda Endust on March 13th, 2014, 11:32 pm

oocSorry 'bout the wait! And the length. I promise not all of my posts will be this long! :P

"Ahhhh."

The man beneath Wanda wasn't the worst-looking person she'd ever laid eyes on, but he was quite certainly one of the worst she'd ever worked on. A patchy beard lined his face and neck, and she was pretty sure that a good portion of it had migrated to his torso. Still, Wanda's hands dutifully marched their way around his girth.

He smelled bad too -- Wanda didn't have anything to compare it to, but it must've been way too long since his last bath. It took a good deal of willpower to keep her face from involuntarily grimacing, but she held herself in check with the fact that he was a nice enough fellow.

So she continued her work with determination. Luckily, the bell-long session was about over. Wanda pulled the heel of each of her hands down his back in one motion, having given up trying to locate the bones under his layer of fat. The muscles in her forearms and shoulders were sore from the extra force needed to work her way through his extra flesh, and all she really wanted was a break. It'd been client after client all morning, and Wanda could only hope she'd get a reprieve soon.

With an inward sigh of relief, Wanda put on the finishing touches and stepped back, putting as much friendly cordiality as she could muster into her voice. "Aaand that's it for the bell, sir," Wanda chimed, rousing him from whatever reverie he'd fallen into.

"Wha? You sure?"

Wanda offered a sympathetic nod, which wasn't a difficult gesture, given that she already felt some pity for him. And herself. She really hoped that he would get a bath soon.

In only a matter of ticks, she had the man up and set on his ambling way out of the room with a few muttered thanks and no tip.

Wanda took a moment to rest, leaning on her forearms against the massage table. Whew. It'll all be over in a few days, Wanda. Just a few days. And really, earlier than that. The caravan that would be taking her away from the city was set to leave on the fifteenth, but she'd have to leave the Soothing Waters earlier than that. Right? To prepare. Or, at the very least, she should let Ivis and Miss Zia have a sort of heads-up. Even if Wanda wasn't all too experienced, masseuses seemed to be hard to come by. As far as Wanda had noticed, a lot of people seemed to want to be healers -- a job that Wanda personally found tedious. And boring.

A few chimes passed and it crossed Wanda's mind that, if another client hadn't arrived yet, she just may be lucky enough for a moment of free time.

With renewed spirits, Wanda traipsed her way to the front desk. There was no use in getting her hopes up if there was someone in the queue, but as she approached and noted the quiet lack of people waiting, a smile spread across her lips. "Ivis!" she greeted the man behind the counter. Ivis, for his part, didn't quite seem as happy to see her. Who knew what kind of trouble Wanda would bring with her this time?

But Wanda wasn't trying to skip out on her responsibilities now -- or perhaps she was. Either way, if there were no clients, then there would be no harm done. "I don't s'pose there's anyone else lined up for a massage?"

A wry smile tugged at the corners of Ivis's lips as if he'd guessed exactly what she was up to, and what she was really asking. "Well, Alexus just took the man that was waiting. It would appear no one else is in line --" Wanda's grin grew wider for a tick "-- but a young lady came in just a short while ago. She's in the baths now, getting warmed up. A squire, I believe, with an injured muscle on her back. I was going to send an attendant to check on her but, since you're available, you can do the honors. Brown hair, fairly tall, I don't imagine you'll have a difficult time spotting her."

The smile on Wanda's face almost morphed into a grimace until an idea came to Wanda's mind. It was a simple plan, really, but it just might keep her out of her masseuse's room for a short while longer, and any free moment she could get was golden by now.

So, with a quick word on how she would just love to call upon this squire, Wanda made her way past the desk and into the great pool room. Like always, the heated mist greeted her skin and clung to the white chemise she often wore as her work attire. Having maneuvered the pathway many times before, she slowly wound her way along the side of the pool. She'd fallen into the pool too many times in the past, and now kept a good three or four feet of leeway between herself and the edge. Just as Ivis had said, it didn't take much peering through the steam before she caught sight of a willowy girl, though she was a bit too far away for Wanda to clearly make out her face or the color of her hair through the obstructing steam. Even so, the careful way she moved made it clear that she was in some kind of pain, and Wanda could only assume she was the squire in question.

The blonde teen wound her way to a position closer to the girl, so as to disrupt as few patrons as possible when she called out with a wave and a hushed tone, "Excuse me!" Wanda stepped closer to the edge and gingerly lowered herself to the floor, scooting herself towards the water until her own bare legs and feet dangled into the relaxing water. "Are you the squire that requested a massage?" she continued with a friendly lopsided grin. "I'm Wanda, an' I'll be your masseuse. But take your time!"

Wanda did plan to dilly-dally a little bit, telling herself that she was even being conducive. The massage might be where the real stuff got done, but the hot water served as a good primer by helping to relax the strained muscle.
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Words: 178647
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2013, 6:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Letixia Raigner on March 16th, 2014, 2:57 am

Leti could feel that the source of her pain was somewhere in the middle of back, on her left hand side. She waded around in the comforting waters, finding a spot to herself. Deciding that more warmth might be better for her, she tried to bend at the knees, to lower her entire torso into the soothing embrace of the baths. However, she'd only managed to get a few inches down, when her back demanded she go no further. The squire certainly didn't know what she'd hurt, but it was keeping her informed of its nuisance. Not wanting to risk further injury, she stood back up as much as it would allow, and continued her wading, seeing as all attendants appeared to be otherwise preoccupied.

She heard a whispered interruption from behind her, and turned, slowly and stiffly. There sat a young, pretty blonde woman. Leti answered her initial question with a pained nod of the head, and began wading over to her. Leti assumed she was an attendant and was about to ask her for some soap so she could wash up. Finding out that she was the masseuse instead, she was glad that she hadn't embarrassed herself by asking her of something below her rank. Smiling at the woman, "Nice to meet you Wanda, I'm Letixia. And I don't think I can do much in a hurry anyways. I've been meaning to find an attendant. I can't really bathe myself, I thought I was going to rip in two just getting undressed."

Leti glanced around the pool, still not seeing any attendants through the steam. On the other hand, she didn't want to impose upon Wanda who would likely have a hard enough job with the massage. But she really wanted to get cleaned soon so she could get under way with her treatment. Her eyes fell upon her masseur's, the question behind her own, but refusing to escape her lips. Leti moved to the side of Wanda's legs, and attempted to raise her arms to rest on the stone, but a painful spasm set that idea to rest, a small hiss being uttered.

Letixia Raigner
Player

Words: 92660
Joined roleplay: February 20th, 2014, 7:31 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Estrellir Konrath on March 30th, 2014, 6:15 pm

Letixia Raigner

Skills
Withheld due to retirement

Lores
Withheld due to retirement

Wanda Endust

Skills
Massage +1

Lores
Dealing with unpleasant clients
Strategies to evade work

Comments

Nice start for a thread, although there wasn’t much to give. As always, feel free to PM with questions or concerns!

Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)