Closed Marked by Magic and Chaos. (Clyde)

Two wizards meet, both marked by Rhysol's blood.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Marked by Magic and Chaos. (Clyde)

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 13th, 2014, 4:01 am

Anna allowed her pleasure to show on her face, she had been lacking reliable contacts as of late unfortunately however Clyde was appearing rather promising. He was a skilled mage, more skilled than Anna in some respects as well as being a fellow Chaon. The dark haired sorceress considered his offer regarding magecrafting seriously, it was often best to know ones enemy after all. Perhaps learning it could open up more avenues in the Citadel, Anna could access the funds of Sahova after all so likely she could acquire reagents if need be. Working with Clyde could be interesting, if nothing else she’d gain a new ally that she suspected would soon be gaining some notice in Citadel politics.

A smirk crossed her lips, a trip to the Synchrograph Office already being planned out on her schedule as the matter of getting the reagents started to form in her mind. She would of course need to acquire a list of what Clyde would need as well as the funds for it, though she suspected getting both from this mage would not exactly be that difficult all things considered. Her rank would certainly grant an ease to getting these, though she suspected it would definitely throw Silverheart for a loop if he found out about her drawing upon the resources. It might even lead him to believe she was a magesmith as well, which would certainly amuse her to no end. Let him stew in his mistake to have dared to underestimate her, she would be laughing when she threw his corpses to Testing Grounds beasts.

“Hmm… that would be acceptable to me. I’ve always been rather curious regarding the art of Magecraft; recent circumstances have prompted me to seek to learn it though the circumstances had never arisen. I shall require a list of what you will need from the office, of course, as well as the funds to carry out the transaction. Provide me with both today and I can pay a visit to Bebe today, see if I can’t get you what you will require.” Anna said at length, knowing that for that particular visit her good robes would be good to wear as Bebe had been a bit… difficult when she had been an Apprentice. Petching Nuit.

No doubt Clyde already had a workplace taken up in the Common Labs so there was no need to worry about that hopefully. So that business out of the way Anna found herself pondering what Clyde had done to earn the notice of their master. It was a natural thing to wonder she supposed, though she reigned in the asking as it was a rather personal thing to ask after. Anna’s own marking was something she rarely spoke of, and the only living people that knew of it were Celeste, Daren, and now Clyde. Unliving counted Amaryllis and technically Kouri.

“So you’ll be presenting a Magecrafted product to the Judges on the 80th I assume. I might have to sit in on it on that date then; I’d rather like to see the looks on their faces. Anyway, I don’t suppose you would be willing to divulge what it is we are going to be working on then?” Anna inquired.

Yes indeed, she would need to make a habit of sitting in on Judgments though not just for the amusement of watching the Judges lose face before powerful pulsers but also to search for an Apprentice. She needed to find someone to serve under her for a time, for as much political purposes as getting an extra pair of hands on projects. She was a Wizard after all, Wizards were expected to foster apprentices and train them to some degree. Though the word ‘train’ had many interpretations on Sahova apparently, such as Maelstroms own view on the subject.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on February 15th, 2014, 1:16 am

The smile on Annalisa's face made it quite clear there was more to her thoughts and motives than what lay on the surface. But then, the same could be true of Clyde's own motives. In that way they were both similar, Clyde thought to himself. It appeared both felt they where using the other to their own benefit, getting more out of the deal than the other.

“Hmm… that would be acceptable to me. I’ve always been rather curious regarding the art of Magecraft; recent circumstances have prompted me to seek to learn it though the circumstances had never arisen. I shall require a list of what you will need from the office, of course, as well as the funds to carry out the transaction. Provide me with both today and I can pay a visit to Bebe today, see if I can’t get you what you will require.”

“So you’ll be presenting a Magecrafted product to the Judges on the 80th I assume. I might have to sit in on it on that date then; I’d rather like to see the looks on their faces. Anyway, I don’t suppose you would be willing to divulge what it is we are going to be working on then?”

"Well, my material requirements are quite straightforward. I already have the rarer and more odd bits and things I will need to do the crafting. All I need is the relatively more common reagents used in vast quantities by such a enchantment. Enough for a MC 4 item... So costing about... 5,000 gm. I have the needed funds for such a enchantment."

"Though I suppose that cost might be mitigated somewhat by using some of the common reagents about the common labs. As I said, there is enough for a MC 1 or 2 item, so maybe a thousand or so Mizas worth of the needed reagents could be acquired from what is available for use. But certainly around four thousand or so would need to be acquired directly. Oh, and I also need inscribing paint, since I will need to prepare quite a large swath of the lab with Glyphing to keep out unwanted ambient djed. I have some already, but I could probably use a fresh pot or two."

"Yes, I would be presenting on the 80th. As for what we are making... Well, it is a staff, a Magic Staff. But I can explain further on that later."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 15th, 2014, 2:09 am

Anna didn't understand what the term MC meant exactly, but she certainly did understand how much petching money Clyde was talking about. 5,000 GM's was hardly spare change to be thrown about here or there with reckless abandon, Anna had never seen that kind of money in her life. That was certainly a vast sum of money, yet Clyde spoke about spending it with relative ease. She had to wonder whether he was wealthy or simply had no concept of the value of currency. Certainly it was a means to an end, but with 5,000 GM's Anna estimated she could buy a house or a fully stocked lab.

Magecrafting was certainly expensive, certainly more than just for personal pet projects here or there. MC 1 or 2, which were apparently lesser, cost around the range of 1,000 GM's to craft. Anna had to marvel at that kind of resource draw, and then reflect that her own crafts were rather inexpensive by comparison. Glyphing could be done with most anything and made most any way, by contrast Magecrafting sounded limited by resources and cost.

Inscribing paint... that was something Anna was familiar with, a useful material to make Glyphs with. Anna herself preferred ink, but to each their own she supposed. Magecrafting was sounding rather hazardous, with talk of ambient Djed being tossed around though Anna supposed that since it was a World Magic it would certainly be less harmful to the mind than Personal Magic. That and she would be observing and learning from one who certainly sounded accomplished enough. So she cast aside any worrying doubts.

“Well, that shouldn’t be overly difficult to arrange. How about we meet back here in a few bells? Provide me with the funds then and I’ll get it squared away today. When the time comes for our crafting… stop by outside the Palsa Hydrasa, it’s the large structure north of the Courtyard. You might not be able to get in, but odds are I’ll find you due to our… mutual friend.” Anna said.

Clyde, the name still managed to nag at the back of her mind as something she should know, something that was buried in the past. Understandably, her memories were more than a little jumbled and suspect given her ‘friend’ Daren’s abilities. Sometimes she had trouble knowing what was real and what was not real, it was certainly quite the quandary. She knew his name though; she felt that it meant something to her. It was just a matter of figuring out exactly what, what did his name mean to her and why did it stir old memories?

The tall sorceress quirked and eyebrow and what they would be crafting, a Magic Staff. Anna was not of the denomination of wizards that put much value in the traditional staff, not really seeing it as all that powerful. She vastly preferred using her blade, though she was shyke at it the grip just felt right to her while every time she had held a staff it had just felt large and clunky. Perhaps it was just her, though she was rather curious as to what this crafting would entail. No doubt Clyde would inform her once the time arrived.

For her part Anna strode forward and offered her hand again, this time the gesture was more like the sealing of a deal of some kind. This Clyde Sullins was certainly… interesting, a kindred spirit based on initial observations. A skill mage in his own right, though certainly no one Anna was willing to place her trust in at the moment. He might have been a fellow Chaon, and while that established a connection at the start it also meant she would have to be doubly wary around him. She knew what Chaon’s were capable of, being one herself.

“It was a pleasure meeting you, Mr. Sullins. I hope you stick around, the Citadel could use more interesting people.” Anna said, smirking at the man.

With those parting words the Sorceress would depart the lab, her mind puzzling over this new variable on the political field of Sahova. Only time would tell whether he became an asset to her cause, or a liability, however Anna took it as a sign. Rhysol was watching, and he no doubt had an interest in Sahova and with her self-imposed mission to bring the island into his fold. It only reaffirmed her faith in him, the god who she loved most.

OOCRight, well that should be the last post from me. Short, but to the point. Looking forward to the next one, Clyde. ;)
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on February 15th, 2014, 4:44 am

Of course when dealing with Magecrafting, expenses where all a subjective thing. What was on the relatively tame side for a creation, was generally a small fortune by most peoples standards. And going up even one or two more levels above that tended to enter one into a obscene amount of Mizas.

So for Clyde to say a MC 4 item would cost him 5,000 gm in common reagents and such, he of course found such a thing matter of fact. Particularly knowing that was only the cost... Usually one could sell a finished product for around 3 times the initial cost. Assuming you could find a buyer.

Of course unlike all of Clyde's other creations, there would be no eventual selling and profit by it. Instead he planned to keep it. Particularly with all of the vast amounts of time he had put into crafting it, and with the odd reagents he planned to use on it.

“Well, that shouldn’t be overly difficult to arrange. How about we meet back here in a few bells? Provide me with the funds then and I’ll get it squared away today. When the time comes for our crafting… stop by outside the Palsa Hydrasa, it’s the large structure north of the Courtyard. You might not be able to get in, but odds are I’ll find you due to our… mutual friend.”

“It was a pleasure meeting you, Mr. Sullins. I hope you stick around, the Citadel could use more interesting people.”

With that Clyde shook Anna's hand, a bit unsure by the fact of how quickly all of this had come to fruition. He was a bit uncertain how meeting someone had so quickly turned into what it had... But then, there was there common marks. Funny really, that have a mark of Rhysol in common was enough to get to people to work together, and to convince him he would not be betrayed in this instance.

But then, there was much more to this situation that such simple things as that. Clearly Anna had more in mind that she felt she would gain by their agreement.

"I will do so. It was certainly an enlightening encounter, Wizard Marin. Once I get the reagents, I will get the initial bits of the process going, and then call you in once I have it moving well."

When the time would come, Clyde would return with the promises funds to purchase the needed ingredients.

But if Anna should betray him, steal his money, or do some other underhanded thing... Well then, mark or no, there was not a barrier on Sahova that would keep him from finding this wizard afterwards... Clyde had never been a good person to make a enemy of. And when it came to his lifes work, Magecrafting, and a enchantment he had spent well over a full year in the makings... Well then, in that case he did not joke about such things.
Funds :
-4,006 gm for: MCing reagents and 2 pots of inscribing paint
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Mirage on March 11th, 2014, 6:42 pm

Annalisa
Glyphing +1
Rhetoric +1

Lores :
  • Clyde: Magecrafter and skilled Glypher
  • Glyphing: Specifics lower risk
  • High level glyphs can catch hostile spells

Item's Recieved :
+1 Scroll of Lightning

Clyde
Rhetoric +1
Persuasion +2

Lores :
  • Sahova Politics: Titles are important
  • Common Labs: Stocked with the basic necessities
  • Annalisa Marin: Wizard of Sahova
  • Annalisa Marin: Reimancer and Glypher
  • Glyphing: Trapping a Hostile Spell

Truth Hidden by a Mirage :
Great thread guys! PM me if you have any concerns :)

Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)

Previous