[Anona's/Fae's Scrap] Scrappy-Doo

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on February 27th, 2014, 10:44 pm

Just going to throw something out here about the Vantha skin color :)

I do know that a lot of Vantha don't have the darker-skinned models (myself included. There are just HUNDREDS of pictures of this model, soooo :P) But I honestly find it... confusing. Think about it. Darker skin is usually a trait of people who live in warmer, hotter, areas, due to some evolution-or-other. Lighter skin is for colder, more northern areas (or south, if you're talking the other side of the equator)

The Vantha have dark skin. They live as far north as possible in Mizahar.

Ehh?

Also, when funny things like that go on in chat, I just leave for a bit. Some of the conversations can be quite interesting, especially when discussing lore and characters. Radiant is right, it's a great place to chat to people, so don't avoid it :)

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Faelith Skyglow on February 28th, 2014, 10:53 pm

To Spirit: again, I definitely get that it's infinitely easier to find pictures of lighter skinned models/actresses-- I had to search for a while to find Faelith's model, and there are only 7 or so pictures of her that would be any good on Miz. For shame!

And I actually thought that the Vantha were based on Inuit people? I don't actually know that, though, and it was more of a pet peeve than anything. c':

On to today's little mini-rant: customers.

Specifically, customers at restaurants. Since I was 17, I've worked in food service (first in fast food, and now in a "fast casual" Subway-style restaurant), and I swear sometimes the customers act so freakin' entitled. I'm not saying people shouldn't expect good service, because they should, but allow me a little bit of space to rant about my absolute favorite type of customer comments:

• "Is that really all the chicken/queso/hot fudge/whatever I get?" Yes. Yes, it really is. Yes, I'm sure. I work here. I know what the portion sizes are better than you do, I promise. And a related one,
  • "Could you, like, put just a little extra on there for me? Pretty please?" No. Do you know what it's called when you give somebody food without paying for it? Stealing. I could be written up or fired for giving you extra of whatever the heck it is you're asking for.
  • "Are you guys closed?" I promise you, p r o m i s e you, that if it's close enough to closing time for you to be asking this question, you are being a massive pain to every member of the staff. If at all possible, avoid going into restaurants in the last half hour of service, at a minimum.
  • "You should be grateful that I'm here at all! I'm the reason you have a job!" Listen to me, you entitled walking pile of salt, you are not the reason I have my job. There are literally thousands of other people who buy food from here: if I never have to deal with elitist trashbags like you ever again, I will still have this crummy job.

Ugh. Sorry guys, I'm on my break on my 12-hour shift today and this stuff just kinda piles up, y'know?

edit: oh, and to everybody waiting on sketches from Anona, sorry about the wait! My work schedule has been piling up, but I hope to get some stuff done this weekend!
Anona -- Faelith
Faelith Skyglow
Player

Words: 15402
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2014, 6:55 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Faelith Skyglow on March 1st, 2014, 5:43 am

ALRIGHT, SO BRIEF TO-DO LIST HEYO
  • PM Abstract about the thing forgot that I totally already did this earlier.
  • modify Anona's CS
  • post reply in Maintaining Death
  • Get some color schemes put together for boxcodes
  • Do 2 sketches for Anona's Antics

Last edited by Faelith Skyglow on March 1st, 2014, 6:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Anona -- Faelith
Faelith Skyglow
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Faelith Skyglow on March 1st, 2014, 6:02 am

#E9A278

#D79D89

#95B2C0

#7C9496

#52524A

#9F9C88

#2F2724

#BCA557

#B5904C

#AF9653

#C8B86A

#9FB3B2

#4D1137

#D1D5B0

#ACB598

#88686D

Anona -- Faelith
Faelith Skyglow
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Anona on March 5th, 2014, 9:06 pm

Today's to-do list!

Get at least one post up for Careless Whisper

Get Summary section of Drawing Peer Review Article finished
Anona -- Faelith
Anona
Player

Words: 39126
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2014, 7:29 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Anona on March 7th, 2014, 6:23 pm

Tax season is absolutely horrible.

The company that I used to work for never sent me my W-2, and I've been on hold with their payroll department for 10 minutes now waiting to talk to somebody and get them to resend it.

I was panicking at first, but after a little bit of digging it looks like the worst that'll happen is I'll have to pay a fine, but... dude. Come on-- this is not my fault even a little bit? I don't want to have to pay a petching fine for something that wasn't my own fault.

Ugh.

UPDATE: on hold for half an hour
Anona -- Faelith
Anona
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Anona on March 14th, 2014, 6:41 pm

Hoo boy. I have this sudden, intense desire to share something with you guys.

Anybody hear of a game called Ib?

It's a freeware little pixel horror game (very light on the horror, but it definitely qualifies), and as an aspiring game designer, it is my number one inspiration. I won't go too far into the plot because I know I'm terrible with explaining, but I'm so emotionally invested in this game that I sometimes get teary-eyed just hearing Garry's theme. Essentially, the game revolves around a young girl named Ib who falls into one of the paintings in an art gallery and must survive while she tries to find a way back.

I'm going to leave some of the soundtrack here because, in my opinion, the music is absolutely phenomenal, and can be appreciated even if you've never played the game yourself.

"The Little Doll's Dream"

"Blind Alley"

"Inquiry"

and my absolute favorite, "Hide and Seek"
Anona -- Faelith
Anona
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Anona on March 20th, 2014, 5:48 pm

Heyo!

This is a brief post to leave my apologies for being slow on some replies right now. I've been incredibly fortunate and got a promotion at my job, and my wallet and I are ecstatic about it, but as I'm sure most people will understand this is also a very sudden change in schedules: I have more shifts with more hours packed into them, and since they're night shifts what ends up happening is I work until eleven, come home, shower, etc., and then wake up with barely enough time to make myself decent for work. Blegh. Again, I'm so thankful for the weight this is lifting off of my shoulders financially, but it's leaving me with less free time than I would have liked. ;n; I do have tomorrow off, though! I want to get any and all replies done tomorrow, and hopefully start slowly chipping away at catching Faelith up with her job threads.

On an unrelated note, I punched myself in the jaw. With my car. That's a first!
Anona -- Faelith
Anona
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Anona on March 24th, 2014, 5:15 pm

Ahoy, a new template!

I'll be totally honest and say that I'm not super thrilled with this one, but alas, I'm at work and have only pixlr to help me edit! No fancy layer clipping, no simple copy-paste, and only default fonts. It's a nightmare, I tell ya! I'll definitely be mocking up a proper similar one when I get home and have the luxury of photoshop once more.

Even still, I doubt this template will be getting much use, since it doesn't reflect Anona whatsoever, but I mean-- come on! Look at that dress, that hairstyling, the glittery black skull. How could I let this photoshoot go to waste? It's seriously making me want to take really morbid stuff like skulls and bones and make them black and glittery and decorate my room with them. It's such a lovely idea.

In any case, onto the actual topic of the post.

I'll admit that I have certainly not put in relatively extensive research for my characters outside of Mizahar's own lore, if only because I haven't really written about anything that would require research yet, except for one thread: in my first (and so far, only) job thread for Anona, he tidies up James's house like the servant he is. I put in a little bit of research about fireplaces in medieval times just so that I could describe it accurately, and lo and behold I stumble upon a veritable treasure trove about people ironing their clothes, of all things! I never really gave it much thought, but I was still shocked to learn just how old a craft ironing really is! Shyke, Norsemen were even doing it. I ended up wiki-ing the petch out of older ironing methods, and it was way more interesting than it had any right to be.

To anybody else reading this scrap: have you ever come across something similar when researching for your PC?
Anona -- Faelith
Anona
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Anona on March 28th, 2014, 6:24 am

Well, I can't let this template just rot away! Strike while the iron is hot, and all that!

I gotta say, even though it's absurd and I'll probably never use it except in my daydreams where I might fantasize about using this sorta theme for grader templates *sigh* I just... I could not resist. And it's all Radiant's fault, I swear!

On a slightly unrelated note, I've really got to get some better fonts. Not that I don't enjoy the good old TNR to fall back on, but I need some good stuff sans serif. Any recommendations?
Anona -- Faelith
Anona
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext