[Lenz] A Scrapbook of Wonder

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Lenz on March 17th, 2014, 7:51 pm

Just a List of my Favourite Words

It had come to me whilst reading and writing. I was reading a novel which took place back in the middle 1800's with the main character being that of the wonderful Edger Allan Poe. I'm a huge fan of him and the new movie from 2012 called "The Raven" just set me for life with interest.

The book I was reading included all these difficult words that hardly anyone uses anymore and I was intrigued. I was looking up some of these words and adding them to my vocabulary list for future use (I'm school myself at home, so I get to do fun things like this) when I couldn't help but love how some of these words were spelled and pronounced.

I wrote them down along with their definitions, hoping that I would be able to use them in my writing both in real life and on here. I have some listed down below for you.

1. vexation: the state of being provoked to slight annoyance, anxiety, or distress
2. inebriated: to cause somebody to become drunk or intoxicated
3. vindictive: to be vengeful or to have the means to punish someone or something
4. ubiquitous: to be presented everywhere at once
5. rectitude: righteousness or correctness in judgment
6. erudite: to be very knowledgeable through the course of studies or experience
7. dissonance: inharmonious or harsh sound; an unpleasant noise
8. churlish: someone with bad manners or someone who is unkind, grumpy or rude
9. abstruse: to be obscure or difficult to understand
10. loquacious: to be talkative or to talk excessively and sometimes unnecessarily

Those were a list of ten of my favourite words. I would love to know what some of anyone else's favourite words are, so if you would like to, you can post them below or somewhere in my scrapbook. I haven't had anyone post anything in my scrap book yet. I feel a little sad about that, but that's okay.

I apologise for the delay in publishing some scrap book posts. I hope to do more consistently in the near future.

Until next time!

Last edited by Lenz on March 22nd, 2014, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Words: 528134
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2013, 9:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on March 17th, 2014, 7:54 pm

The Song I Have Been Listening To For The Past Hour

Yup, the title says it all. I don't know what's so addicting about it, but I am really obsessed with it. Is it the melody or the cute chimes to it? I love the synthesizer in it as well. I must admit, Tasty Network is one of my all time favourite music uploaders.

I hope you enjoyed that song. It was a little different from the classical ones I always post, but we all need to mix things up every now and then!

Last edited by Lenz on March 22nd, 2014, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on March 19th, 2014, 7:14 am

A Day of Piercings

TBA

Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on March 19th, 2014, 7:20 am

Dance Your Pants Off!

...wait, what?

Here's a song that has been driving me insane the past few hours. It's the middle of the night over here (actually 2:15 am) and I'm just sitting here at my computer listening to music and posting random stuff in my scrapbook. I don't think I even brushed my teeth yet, oops.

This is a very different song than the one's you guys are used to me posting. I listen to this kind of music, I do. I hope to take Japanese next year and learn more about the culture, but right now, I absolutely love Vocaloid, so I hope you do now as well!

Love you all!

Last edited by Lenz on March 22nd, 2014, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Radiant on March 19th, 2014, 10:45 am

You're not alone, sister. ;) I listen to Vocaloid music as well and Japanese pop in general. I have a rather wide genre of favorites, but J-Pop is on top 3.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Lenz on March 19th, 2014, 1:40 pm

Oh, I know you do. ;) I've bustled about in your scrapbook a few times and listened to your choice of music. Some of them are pretty amazing if you ask me. Thanks for checking out mine!

Last edited by Lenz on March 22nd, 2014, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on March 19th, 2014, 9:16 pm

Current Threads List of Spring, 514 AV

Spring Fever
Date: 1st of Spring
Summary: Lenz and Ipisol spend the first day of Spring inside, having some "girl time" and enhancing their creativity and imagination
Participants: Solo

A Quiet Place Outside Bedlam
Date: 2nd of Spring
Summary: Lenz goes out one day to talk to her dead mother at the cemetery when she runs into a ghost
Participants: Lenz, Noaru

Fashioning for New Weather
Date: 4th of Spring
Summary: Lenz goes to work where she ends up fixing the stitching on a pair of old pants and making a shirt for a young lady

The Mystery of the Missing Silk Skirt
Date: 13th of Spring
Summary: When working one day, a piece of clothing Lenz was making for a woman goes missing. She meets a man who helps her track down the thief.
Participants: Lenz, Gad

From the Eyes of the Manipulated
Date: 19th of Spring
Summary: Lenz goes out to spend time in the cemetery to comfort the dead when terrible memories of her past come back to haunt her

Halted by Devious Winds
Date: 33rd of Spring
Summary: Lenz and Ipisol are caught in a wind storm whilst riding Ametrine. They have to seek for cover and end up in Lucern's Lodestar, an abandoned lighthouse

The Cat's in the Cradle
Date: TBA
Summary: Lenz and Serta both have their eye on a stray cat when someone steals their money. They have to work together to retrieve their items as they also learn something new on the journey
Participants: Lenz, Serta

Busking for a Mining Adventure
Date: 52nd of Spring
Summary: One day whilst busking and hoping for money, Lenz meets Matthew who is interested on taking her for a little geological, spelunking adventure in the mines below
Participants: Lenz, Matthew

More to come soon!

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on March 19th, 2014, 9:24 pm

I'm So Tired...

Although, I am more than willing to post up another song. I like posting a song after something else. I like to keep order, rhythm or pattern; whatever you wish to label it as.

I had to attend play practice from 8:30 this morning (which I had to wake up around an hour before for morning rituals) up until I was dismissed, which was round 2:20 this afternoon. We were on our feet the entire time.

It was a dress rehearsal because the actual event takes place this coming Friday. The dress rehearsal meant getting all gussied up as if the actual event was taking place.

Someone did my makeup, which was horrible by the way. I had blue eye shadow up to my eyebrows, foundation that made me look like a clown and lipstick as red as blood. I also had my hair curled which didn't look all that horrendous after I refused to be sprayed with the stuff that holds it in place. I fluffed it here and there to make it seem more natural, so I think I was good there.

To clarify on why I looked like a baboon, I am currently acting as a stepsister in this play. Because we can't make the actress who plays Cinderella look like a goddess, the stepsisters all have to dim their sparkle. I was very disappointed.

So, yes, now I am tired, but I won't leave until after I have posted a song for you to enjoy as I take a long nap!

That is all for now. Have a wonderful rest of your day and I hoped you like listening to that song! :P

Last edited by Lenz on March 22nd, 2014, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 6:41 pm

Ugh...

I can't believe I managed to make it to eight pages in my scrapbook only to learn that I hate the template I have used for every post. -.-

As of now, I am going back and editing each post, changing the template to something more suitable and professional looking.

Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on March 22nd, 2014, 8:56 pm

A Day of Play

The title says all, but I think it would be best if I just ran down the list of how the day went.

Yesterday was the day of my play performance. I was told to be at the building where it was to be held at around three thirty in the afternoon. I had to bring all of my makeup and hair accessories and whatnot, because personally, I like to dress myself rather than have people do it for me.

Once I arrived, I was immediately complimented on my hair. The day before I had it dyed half red and half black. The top part was red where it covered the bottom half which was black. My hair was cut with a razor so it had that jagged and spiky look to it which I really loved. The woman who did it for me was amazing and knew exactly what she was doing.

I set all my stuff down on a table to the back of the room across the hall from the theatre. I instantly went to applying my makeup. They say that you always need to "over do it" because the spot lights "fade you out". That is exactly what I did.

The play was a Cinderella remake and I happened to be one of the step sisters. My dress wasn't as terrible as the other stepsisters (there were six in total, including me) but it wasn't the best either. I applied dark blue eye shadow to the outer corner of my eyelid until I blended it with a shiny white/silver on he inside. I made sure it went up to my eyebrows which I found really weird!

I didn't curl or straighten my hair because the woman who dyed my hair said any heat would take the colour out and I was trying to avoid that for as long as I could at all costs. So instead, I teased the back and loaded up on hairspray so I looked like a punk rocker chick which I was very fond of. I mean, I wouldn't go out everyday looking like that but it was horrific like the other girls. Besides, I would stand out already considering my vivid hair colour!

After I was done with my makeup, after I had caked on some foundation and plastered blush onto my cheeks, I went to the backstage through a hallway and secret door. I put on my dress, put on proper shoes that wouldn't be too noticeable under my dress and waited until the show started.

I was so anxious, you have no entire idea. The only other time I was on the stage was in the fourth grade (about five years ago) where I played a puffer fish with allergies. I had on a large beige shirt with pillows stuffed underneath. I had an asthma inhaler which I used and I talked like I had a stuffed up nose. I should have gotten an Oscar for that, I tell you!

But anyways, once the show started, I was panicking. We had done a dress rehearsal before, but everyone gets jitters when the house is full, right? However, once it started, I was on a roll. My parents thought I was one of the best actresses on stage, so I beamed at them when they told me.

I have this crazy idea that there might be some scouts in the audience just waiting to find the perfect person to take with them to Hollywood where they would make them a star. I’m a movie freak. I probably watch two movies every other day or more, so I know what I’m talking about when I thought it was strange how everyone overacted. But a play is very different from producing a movie, so I didn’t complain. Instead I just showed what I could do, and mind you I’m sure I made myself known. With vibrant red hair under the spot lights, it’s hard to miss me!

I adlibbed (as well as did other people) much more than I had before, but it was decent and I made sure to not laugh at my own jokes. It was a big success, much better than I had initially thought the first time. When we had the dress rehearsal the day before, I wasn’t amused, neither was I pleased with how it was turning out. I know my stuff.

At the end, we all bowed and fled to the outside of the theatre, where we took pictures with people, autographed the playbill (yes!) and received compliments and praise from family members and friends. It was pretty fun in the end. But I was still on a play high so after cleaning up and eating the after party snacks, my mum drove me to Target of all places where we randomly jogged down isles and picked things off shelves.

Overall, the night was amazing and I slept peacefully by the end.

That was my adventure of the play of Cinderella I had just the other day! I had been mentioning it in chat and to other people through private messages for the past week, but now that it finally happened my feelings and thoughts changed dramatically. I plan to be a part of the play they’ll have next year!

Thanks for reading this and hopefully I’ll have more updates on my whereabouts in the near future!

-Lenz

Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext