Closed Behind Those Eyes

Edreina wants a lesson in Hypnotism, but magic isn't given freely.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Behind Those Eyes

Postby Matthew on February 15th, 2014, 12:11 am

38th of Summer, 513 AV
The Scarlet Sanctum

He waited, reading a small copy of a history book he had paid the library to copy for him. It was a very thin thing that was already a little dog-eared from quite a few bells of use. It had been a pleasant surprise to stumble across copying services in Sunberth, much less an assortment of books to read. While there hadn't been the most vast selection, there had still been material that he didn't have a clue about. The history of Sunberth was one of these things. From what he had seen in his brief moments in the library, there wasn't actually a single source of information. Everything was a fable, a tale, a journal. The manuscript he was slowly reading at that very moment was the accounting of a miner who worked deep within the shafts. He spoke of oppression and pain, of back-breaking labor that he couldn't handle for much longer. It was quite the tale.

The harlot set the book aside, eyeing the bottle of white wine and the two filled cups beside of it. The Sanctum had plenty of this on hand to help set many of the customers at ease. This was not his intention. He simply was aware that the Svefra he was meeting was fond of the drink. She had been kind to him multiple times in the past, so he in turn could be kind to her. He thought it was kind, at least. She liked alcohol, so he was giving her alcohol for free. Not enough to get her drunk. Their lesson wouldn't go well if she was drunk.

Matthew still wasn't sure how he felt about the lesson. She was one of the very few who knew about his magic. He didn't think she was the sort to ever use that against him. No, instead, she turned out to be the sort who wanted to learn from him. A sigh leaked from his lush lips, blue stare turning distant. He was scared of magic, even his own. She seemed so enthusiastic. He didn't exactly fault her for it, he just wondered how. Then again, it seemed that everything the Svefra did she did with so much life. Why should this be any different?

Still. If he was a friend like she had called him before, then shouldn't he act the part of a friend? He had studied the term once before. He supposed he would need to put it into action today. He had told her he could teach her. He had told her it would be dangerous. She hadn't really blinked an eye, if he remembered correctly.

The harlot was dressed in the normal garb of Ruby's Sanctum, an outfit he wasn't sure if Edreina had seen him in. Had he been wearing it back when her and Razkar enlisted him? A black bowtie was tucked neatly under his chin, and his upper half was completely bare. Black pants hugged his hips, completing the rather interesting look. However, he had made some changes for his guest. The most noticeable would be his scent. The air immediately around him smelled of the sea.

Returning his thoughts to the wine, he hesitantly reached forward. He hated wine, didn't he? He felt oddly scared about this meeting and the harlot had long since learned that if he could feel it, it was no doubt intense in some way. Hearing footsteps, assuming them to be Edriena's, he quickly made up his mind, grabbed the glass, and tossed it back.

There was only a moment of hesitation before he sprayed the entire contents of the glass back out into the air, apparently not able to handle his share of a fruity alcoholic beverage.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Behind Those Eyes

Postby Edreina on March 21st, 2014, 3:56 am

"You must be Edreina!" A voice said before the door even had closed behind the Svefra. It took a tick for her eyes to adjust to the dimly lit room but, once they had, Edreina was surprised to see a house of pleasure unlike any she had visited before. This one made her wonder if she had dressed appropriately.

The woman before her wore a simple, pale blue dress that came down to her knees and was made of a material that moved in the slightest breeze. Her doll-like, flaxen curls were matched by a cherubic face and eyes that seemed to shift colors before Edreina's own. Realizing she had waited a handful of ticks, standing there as she stared dumbly about, Edreina finally found her voice. How the woman knew her, she could only guess. "I am Edreina." Her voice had the subtle, rolling lilt of a native speaker of Fratava.

"Good!" The other woman grinned brightly, placing her hands on her hips. "He's right over there and waiting for you!" Even from afar, Edreina could not mistake such a well-maintained head of hair for anyone else, once directed properly. He seemed to be reading something which was far from surprising; Matthew was the only person she knew who's lust for knowledge could be compared to her own. "I'll take your cloak, milady."

Nimble fingers conquered the knot at the base of her throat and the soft material changed hands quickly. "Thank you." The light step of one accustomed to the ground shifting beneath her feet carried her quickly across the room, between tables and chairs. Once, she nearly bumped into a man in odd garb, though that was only noticed once she was able to pry her eyes from his well-muscled chest. Hey, she still had a pulse, after all.

Edreina wore her normal garb, that day. Apricot linen bound a honey-colored chest, containing the swell of her chest. Her legs were bound in russet leather and freckled skin peeked through the gaps in lacing along her thighs and hips as a swimmer's muscular legs and a woman's curve fought the restraining material.

Just as her lips were parting to announce her presence, a spray of some unknown liquid shot from the harlot's own lips, misting the air before him. Edreina laughed, shaking her head and stopping with her hands on her hips to the side of him. "Are you always so charming for your customers?" She asked wryly, before shaking her head, realizing that the humor of her statement had likely sailed over her unusual friend's pretty little head.

"You look... well," she commented, blue eyes dancing with amusement as she took in his choice of garb; no longer did she feel like the ridiculous one, in this place. Her lips parted suddenly as she scented salt, tasted it on her tongue with each breath. It was purer and cleaner than the waters surrounding Sunberth, giving her the faintest rush of pleasure. How Matthew managed to make such a thing happen in the middle of a building with lay in the heart of a shyke-covered city, she wanted to know. "It smells nice, here." Her tone conveyed comfort and even gratitude as she sank into the chair across the table from him, legs crossing at her knees immediately.

Blue eyes caught the wine, but made no move to take it until she was offered. Once such had happened, she would take a small sip of the bright, fruity liquid before setting it down again. She would prefer not to become even mildly inebriated until the completion of her lesson, but he had made an effort to accommodate her; Edreina found herself wondering if she was his first true friend for the hundreth time. Aside from the sip, she would not lift the glass again until he mentioned it or their lesson had concluded. Now was the time for waiting, she knew. Matthew moved at his own pace, sometimes deciding that he had no patience for formalities like small talk and others slowing down enough that his mind had time to analyze each instant that passed. He was doing her a favor, so the evening would progress at the speed he chose.

(c) Wanda Endust
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Behind Those Eyes

Postby Matthew on March 21st, 2014, 2:09 pm

The harlot picked up a nearby cloth and neatly wiped his mouth, brow furrowing at Edreina. The inside of his cheeks and throat burned. While he had been able to taste fruit notes in the wine, he had definitely been able to taste the sting of alcohol as well. Why did people enjoy the beverage? It was something he had never been able to indulge in. Often his clientele wanted him to partake in a heavy drinking session, and most of the time the harlot just faked eventual drunkenness.

He was quick to notice the glance at the wine, and offhandedly waved her towards it. He had put it there for her, after all. He certainly wasn't going to be pouring himself another glass. "Feel free to drink it, but limit yourself to around half the bottle if possible. It is the weakest wine we have, and that seems to be the inebriated point for most of the light drinkers that I am familiar with." He doubted she was a light drinker, for some reason. He hadn't actually ever seen her drink, but the carefree Svefra seemed like someone who could toss it down if she needed to. He studied her for a moment, absentmindedly nodding at her polite questions and comments. "I try to be charming, yes. The little show with the drink was something different though." Oh, now suddenly the harlot was being cryptic? Or perhaps he was trying to play off his aversion to such a beverage. "And thank you. I have my reservations about the uniform, but it is required of male employees." He nodded again at her comment on the smell. It had taken a lot more time than he had originally thought. He had spent several hours making sure he could accurately remember the smell of the sea, then he had used salt and water with a few other little ingredients to replicate it. Then he had soaked in it. For quite awhile. He was glad that it had been noticed. He liked it when he was able to make a correct decision about how to please person, even with how socially clueless he could be sometimes.

With a slight breath he rose, swirling djed to his throat as he did so. He had spent a few moments teasing at the djed before Edreina had arrived, preparing himself to twist it to his needs. It shimmered inside of him like a foreign ocean, and with a slight sense of apprehension he dipped himself into it. It sparked through his lungs and rose to his eyes as he willed it, a certain level of concentration needed in order to wield his talent. It filled him with an almost sickening sensation.

Why had he even learned how to do this? For the exact reason he felt he needed to warn Edreina about.

"Follow me. You can bring the wine." His magic struck with a subtle suggestion. Just the glass is okay. He bought it for me, after all. He wasn't really opposed to her bringing the whole bottle, if she decided to. However, he thought she was showing restraint, so he'd support her on that. He glanced her over as he motioned for her to rise, silently noting that she was more in shape than he had last seen. Her legs had the most noticeable evolution, and the pants with their tied strings were a good way to show them off. Did she mean to show them off? He still thought she would make an excellent prostitute, but he had long since determined that wasn't going to happen.

Matthew would lead her to one of the upstairs bedrooms, holding open the door for her and closing it tight behind them. It would be locked to give them privacy. Almost immediately Matthew plucked the bow-tie from his throat, tossing it onto the lush bed nearby. Turning to her, he sat on the edge of the bed and tucked a hand underneath his chin, blue eyes meeting her gaze. "How did you first learn about this sort of magic? Do you know anything at all, and if so, who taught you? Lastly, I assume you understand that the focus of this art is to control and manipulate... and sometimes dominate. To my understanding, this is morally wrong. Does that bother you?" His voice was soft and professional as always, though his insides hummed as he kept a steady grip on his well of djed.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Behind Those Eyes

Postby Edreina on March 22nd, 2014, 12:01 am

"Follow me. You can bring the wine."

Edreina shrugged and smiled, picking up the delicate wine glass as she rose to her feet. How queer some would surely see it, she imagined, that there had been no flirting, no foreplay as they sat together, not even a moment of chit chatting. The two simply rose and made their way up to a room and would likely be there for a handful of bells.

Instead of sitting on the bed, Edreina claimed the floor, long legs stretched before her, reclining back on her hands. If this was how the lesson would be conducted, so be it. It was certainly more relaxing and enjoyable than many of her lessons with Razkar had been. Perhaps she would be able to count the bruises from this encounter on a single hand.

"How did you first learn about this sort of magic? Do you know anything at all, and if so, who taught you? Lastly, I assume you understand that the focus of this art is to control and manipulate... and sometimes dominate. To my understanding, this is morally wrong. Does that bother you?"

The Svefra huffed once beneath the weight of so many questions, doing her best to remember each one so that it could be answered in turn. Rolling her shoulders, she brought her legs about beneath her, crossing them and placing her hands in her lap. It had been an eventuality she oft considered in the days leading up to this lesson, his curiosity of her entry into magic. "I was taught by a rather... strange Dhani on my way from Syliras to Zeltiva." Had that only been two seasons ago? "Her name was Karin and I'm afraid her reasons for teaching me were not innocent in the slightest. After that, a Nuit named Ignotus Everto improved upon my knowledge while I was in Zeltiva." Unlike with most, Edreina did not fear giving Matthew names; discretion was his business.

"I know a... decent amount," she admitted sheepishly, fingers knotting together as she looked up at Matthew. "I am able to impress a brief emotion upon others with my words, my eyes, and sometimes touch if I focus hard enough. Ignotus wanted to be sure I mastered this before we moved on." She failed to admit that he expected her back in Zeltiva by the end of the season. The nature of their shared art was far from a secret to her. She was not a woman suited for battle. Hypnotism had offered a way for her to serve a purpose at Razkar's side. They hoped that with her Djed, Edreina would be able to end a fight before it began by taking away the motivation of their enemies.

The final question gave her pause, bringing her eyebrows together for an instant as her mind whirled towards an appropriate answer. It does bother me to some extent. I think that to rob anyone of their free will is inherently wrong. The power to do so can easily be misused by someone with the wrong motivation or mindset. Personally, I only use it if I'm given no option other than violence in an attempt to avoid it or if..." She hesitated again, chewing on her lip. He had asked her a question, it was only right that she answered honestly. "If someone's ignorance will keep me from one of my goals or provides an obstacle that I cannot pass through simpler persuasion alone, I will give them... y'know... a little nudge in the right direction." The tone of her words rose slightly, displaying her reluctance to admit her weakness to the magic and again with the realization she was making excuses for her behavior. "But, I promise I never force someone to do what I want." As if that really made it any better.

(c) Wanda Endust
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Behind Those Eyes

Postby Matthew on March 24th, 2014, 3:42 am

Matthew was actually fairly aware of how others would see it, and he specifically planned it this way. To some, seeing such a casual interaction between the Svefra and the Harlot would be a good thing. It made her seem like a regular, it made her seem comfortable, and it would help other people think that they would be comfortable and casual as well if they tried to interact with Matthew. Most of the time, Matthew was completely clueless about social context, about the clues and impressions his actions gave to people around him. Here however, here in the brothel, this was his world. It had became his world over the past season and soon enough it would become his kingdom. He was so very close. He could feel himself on the edge of a breakthrough. Part of him wondered if Edreina would let him practice on her, if she would be the one that he could use in order to push his skills to the limit. Part of him thought it wouldn't work, though. She wasn't a customer or a contact, she was something else.

Edreina lounged out on the floor and Matthew watched her closely, nodding at her words, listening to each of them attentively. He kept a steady hold on his magic the entire time, balancing his focus between it and her. It was an odd kind of meditation almost, a peaceful sort of multitasking.

Karin.

Matthew's eyes suddenly narrowed, the blue gleaming brightly. The Dhani knew Hypnotism. That explained a lot of what happened to him back when she had come for a visit. Had her meeting with Edreina and Razkar been related to their association with him? That was arrogant, perhaps. He wrote it off as happenstance for now, but kept it shelved nearby in his memory. He had a haunting feeling that he hadn't seen the last of the Dhani and he wasn't about to let their next meeting go as the last one did. He let it go without a word though, continuing to listen to each of her responses in turn. He meanwhile focused a bit more on his Hypnotism, taking a subtle suggestion and weaving it into his magic. At some point their eyes met and he transferred the package along, letting it ride from his stare to hers. Thirsty. Wine. At the same time he nodded in response to some of her words, a very small distraction just in case she could somehow notice the minor use of magic.

The last question effected her the most, predictably. Her answer was interesting though, and almost exactly what he had expected. "In my belief, learning the power to do so almost automatically defines the sort of person that has decided to learn it. There are multiple options in magic. People can hurl fire, for instance. When it comes to weaponry, people can wield sharp steel or fire penetrating arrows. But we... you and I, we decided that wasn't enough. At some point we decided that instead of all of these options, we would rather take their mind. We believed that, under the right circumstances, it was okay to manipulate free will. That is only the nicest of us. A hypnotist, by definition, is a manipulator. If you know someone has it, or the minute you find out... be on your guard. That person is someone who finds it acceptable to manipulate your free will. I am not concerned with you and your magic, only the people who would teach you."

If she had taken a few sips of the wine, or even if she hadn't, that would be his next point. "Did you have an impulse to drink the wine? An idea that you were thirsty, and the wine would sate that thirst?" He gestured to the glass, drawing attention to it. "That was my Hypnotism, another technique called a suggestion. A subtle impulse that is felt on a very subconscious level. Things like Don't Go, Trust Me, Thirsty, and so on. I generate that impulse within myself, and then use the Djed to transfer the impulse via voice, eye contact, or sometimes touch. I also used it to tell you to bring the glass of wine up here with you." He spoke very clearly and at a easy pace, making sure that she was able to hear and properly process each and every word. "Feel free to attempt and practice this on me as the lesson continues, and let me know if you have any questions. But first, use the technique that you are already familiar with. Impress an emotion upon me." He watched her carefully, bracing himself, opening up to the woman in a way that he very rarely opened himself up to anyone.

Emotion. It was so very distant and didn't happen all that often. How would falsely generated emotion feel? He wouldn't have any preparation, any warning. It would be upon him in an instant. What would she choose?
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Behind Those Eyes

Postby Edreina on March 26th, 2014, 5:17 am

"Did you have an impulse to drink the wine? An idea that you were thirsty, and the wine would sate that thirst?"

Edreina choked rather indelicately with the wine glass at her lips, barely avoiding spewing the liquid as Razkar had so many nights ago and Matthew only chimes earlier. A faint, surprised blush crept up onto her cheeks, warming her face. I'm not even a fan of wine... In her time, Edreina had found that wine was secondary to harder liquor but came before ale. She preferred to become inebriated without feeling her belly bloat with the liquid.

A suggestion. Edreina took the word and committed it to memory, latching onto the new information like a fish onto a well baited hook. Emotions she had learned and come to be proficient in dealing with. This new method was more satisfying to her than any meal could be. Possibilities and uses already filled her mind and danced across her thoughts. Surely there was more to Hypnotism than even this? Her mouth all but watered at the prospect. Where Razkar excelled with a steel gladius, she aimed to be of equal power with her mind.

"Impress an emotion upon me."

An emotion upon Matthew? Edreina knew him well enough to know that most of the emotions that came to mind would be too drastic for him. No... She had to slow her thoughts and focus. Instead of using as much Djed as she could to make her emotional impression powerful enough to rise above the emotions already within the subject, she would have to tune it lower and temper it to feel natural within the harlot's mind. His words were not met with a nod, only the acknowledgement of a blink.

Her soul whirled and moved like a Tempest within her. Beneath the being of who she was, there was what she was, the energy that allowed her to be: her Djed. Warmth filled her body from within as she tapped into it. When new to the art, she had struggled to rein in her Djed and it had filtered into her fingers, her toes, her ears, everywhere each time she tapped into it even slightly. It had left her quickly exhausted. Now, she was able to hold her Djed in a little clay pot within her, to net it like a school of unruly fish and pluck out only what she needed as she needed it. Occasionally, she would note with surprise that the amount of Djed within her had grown or perhaps that she had grown to be able to use it more efficiently. Either way, she was pleased.

But, to the matter at hand.

Slowly, Edreina felt warmth dance down her arm and into her fingertips at her command. "How did you first learn Hypnotism, Matthew?" A simple enough question, she was sure. But, for Matthew, it meant delving into the past, something he had rarely done. Gently, she lay her hand upon his, Djed moving into her touch as she impressed a feeling of acceptance and comfort upon her friend. In truth, that was what she always wanted him to feel around her. The thread of emotion was gentle, subtle. It was enough to be distinctly felt by the usually emotionless harlot but gentle enough to keep him from being surprised or upset by it.

From there, she would pull her Djed back into her core and allow it to rest as he spoke, blue eyes intent as she listened.

(c) Wanda Endust
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Behind Those Eyes

Postby Matthew on March 26th, 2014, 11:48 pm

His eyes narrowed as he felt the warmth flood through him. Blue eyes stared at her for a moment and then slowly slid down to gaze at where she had touched him. His body noticeably stilled, the harlot becoming a statue as the unfamiliar sensations flooded his being. He watched it as if somewhere inside of himself, spying on the sparks of emotion as they flooded through his djed-soaked veins. He could feel his body relaxing, feel his muscles loosening, and for a moment it was all okay. It was a nice place, a comfortable place, a warm place. It was something that he could accept. His body relaxed and slouched for a moment, lips parting as he breathed out.

It took a few ticks for his mind to catch up and begin to logically process it all. The change was once more quite visible, the harlot suddenly straightening and re-assuming that stoic stare he always had plastered on. For a moment he had looked at Edreina like he was enjoying himself, like he was comfortable and relaxed in her presence. Then it was gone, wiped away like chalk from a chalkboard, only the recent memory remaining. He paused a moment, then once again begin to speak in that quiet and polite sort of tone. "I see. Good job. I have a harder time with this technique, as it is hard for me to imagine the sort of emotion that I want to push upon someone. Sometimes I can do it during my profession, but it is rare. The subtle suggestions are better used to aid my craft, though I dislike using it there as well."

Rolling his shoulders back to crack and loosen the suddenly-stiff muscles there, he glanced down at her hand, slightly disturbed by the occurrence. The magic-fueled emotion was very different. He wasn't so sure if he liked it. He continued to speak, but absentmindedly stared while he did so. "Those are the two concepts that I first learned and practiced. It was some time ago, back when I was a student in Zeltiva. I was young, and eager to learn all things. Casual acquiring of knowledge is reckless, and I have since learned better. You will find more techniques as you advance. Flashes, piercing thoughts, even a hypnotic trance. Would you like to learn by discovering these yourself or would you like a small example to guide you as you learn more? Also, were you made familiar with the concept of Overgiving?"

The harlot paused and then snapped his eyes away from her hand and back up to her own brilliant blue stare. The look on his face was suddenly somewhat fierce, much more intense than the passive stare of before. "Hypnotism's effect is greatly diminished if the target knows it is coming. Be very aware of this when you are teaching someone Hypnotism, or they are teaching you. They know of your powers and of what you can do, and in a way, that makes them much more dangerous than others. Never expose the fact that you know this art unless you absolutely have to. If you take anything away from this lesson, let that be it. Magic is something that grants power, yet at a price. Every magic user you will ever meet has in some way decided that their pursuit of power was justified in some way, no matter what the price. Never trust one, and never expose your hand." His eyes flashed, the blue burning brightly. "Repeat it back to me. Word for word. Show me you have listened and understood. Part of Hypnotism is the utter manipulation of another person, and it extends much further than the simple use of magic."

He gathered his Djed, continuing to weave and tease it within his body. He didn't dare let his hand come out of the pool he had dipped it in, needing he would need to skillfully use his magic in order to fully drive this lesson home. There was a certain range he could reach his magic to, but in this room...? He could reach everything. He stood suddenly, striding past the Svefra, coming to the door. With a deft touch and twist of his hand he produced a key and then locked it closed. Pocketing the key, he turned around, crossing his arms and staring at Edreina. "You seem to be naive and trusting when it comes to this. I will cure you of that. Try another emotion, but now from range."
Last edited by Matthew on March 28th, 2014, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Behind Those Eyes

Postby Edreina on March 28th, 2014, 5:06 am

"Would you like to learn by discovering these yourself or would you like a small example to guide you as you learn more? Also, were you made familiar with the concept of Overgiving?"

"I would like small examples so that I know what they are like to others. I feel that will give me a better grasp on the type of magical method being put into play. As for Overgiving... My previous instructor taught me what it was and how to be sure that I never fell to such draws." It was not the first time that she felt a stab of regret that she had yet to make good on her promise to return to Ignotus for further instruction. Then again, the man was Nuit; it was not like he worried about time, she was sure.

Flippant though she may have been, Edreina was keenly observant when it came to acquiring knowledge. "Hypnotism's effect is greatly diminished if the target knows it is coming. Be very aware of this when you are teaching someone Hypnotism, or they are teaching you. They know of your powers and of what you can do, and in a way, that makes them much more dangerous than others. Never expose the fact that you know this art unless you absolutely have to. If you take anything away from this lesson, let that be it. Magic is something that grants power, yet at a price. Every magic user you will ever meet has in some way decided that their pursuit of power was justified in some way, no matter what the price. Never trust one, and never expose your hand." Occasionally, she would slow. She did, however, manage to remember each word and the inflection he had used.

The Svefra's heart trembled as she found herself locked in the room with the harlot. There was something about knowing that an escape would be difficult that caused one to naturally become more aware of their surroundings. Even though she trusted Matthew - to a point - she knew that even the friendliest of people could surprise their peers. With slow breaths, she forced herself to relax once more, knotting her fingers in her lap thoughtfully.

"You seem to be naive and trusting when it comes to this. I will cure you of that. Try another emotion, but now from range."

His first words only heightened the sense of trepidation filling the Svefra; his second gave her a challenge to focus on. Despite the quiet worry dancing through her veins, Edreina focused on accomplishing what he asked of her. The puzzle in her mind kept her from focusing upon the intent of his original statement and the repercussions that could come of his "cure".

Again she let the gently flowing tide of energy in her soul flow through her veins, moving through her skin and her torso up into her eyes. This, she knew, would take more strength than she had used in the past. Her power built and compounded in her eyes, focusing as she decided an emotion to impress upon the harlot.

It was an emotion he played with daily, but had likely never felt himself. If he had felt it at all, Edreina imagined it was years ago. The red haired woman hoped to be able to make him feel this, even for an instant; the Svefra would feel incredibly pleased with herself if somehow she managed it. Her body curved slightly, moving to catch the light so that the innate femininity of her shape was brought to the harlot's attention. Hypnotism was one part magic to two parts physical grounding. She had been taught that if this manipulative magic were to be believed, it had to be partially grounded in the subject's own senses and emotions.

Her teeth fell upon her full lower lip, pulling at it lightly. When finally she looked up at him once again, her eyes were partially lidded, framed by thick lashes. But, the blue depths sparkled and she sent a tendril of pure lust slithering through the air towards the harlot's consciousness. After less than a tick, she would taper it off and let it fade into nothingness, making sure that she still had Djed in reserves for any other challenges the harlot was to present.

(c) Wanda Endust
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Behind Those Eyes

Postby Matthew on March 28th, 2014, 6:11 pm

He nodded in approval as she answered his questions one by one, as well as when she repeated back the requested words. She wouldn't have been in any sort of trouble if she had failed the task, he simply would have repeated the lesson and forced her to repeat it back until she got it right. That would have gone on until she had either gotten it right or stormed out of the room. Thankfully, she had gotten it right on the first try. However different the Svefra might be from Matthew himself, she still seemed to have a bright mind.

The harlot noticed her brief moment of fear, her hands knitting together and her clear blue gaze becoming foggy for a moment. She didn't respond to his almost-implied threat, merely moved on to the next part of the lesson. He interrupted her, lashing out with his magic. He had found that if he had the magic ready at all times, invisible strands floating in the air that were ready to pounce, then he could use it a bit quicker. This of course required a bit of pre-planning. He had to have the emotion or suggestion already developed and ready to transmit, much as it was in this case. The technique was a different one this time, designed both to draw her attention and introduce her to something new. It was a piercing thought, a single thought, spoken in Edreina's head with Edreina's voice but designed to be noticed. This is Matthew. If it successfully drew her attention, he would give her an almost cross look and shake his head. "Don't simply resign yourself to the fact that you can't trust me and you are trapped in here. Prepare yourself. Keep your mind aware just in case this was a trap. Always keep your mind active. Where did I put the key? How did I use the key to lock the door? What was the way out? Hypnotism demands a sly mind, Edreina. Magic demands a sly mind. You must be able to think on par with these sort of people." His blue eyes glimmered at her, on the verge of containing some sort of emotion. He successfully managed to keep it hidden though, like he did all the rest. He didn't know why he was having swellings of some sort of feeling. He didn't think it was her. Something in his head seemed to be straining.

Thinking it might aid the process, Matthew slowly drew upon his djed and twisted in a different sort of way. This djed he layered upon himself, specifically upon his eyes, burning it into his pupils and feeling it light up within the organs. The world shivered for a brief moment and then brightly lit up, Edreina the brightest of all. While he could actually see something of an aura that he assumed was the flow and shift of her magic, there was something else that was there. It was a golden brilliance, demanding his attention beyond all other things her aura wanted to tell him.So focused was he that her next step caught him off guard.

No, not her next step. Just part of it. He had been expecting another surge of emotion, but that emotion? For a moment, surprise lit his sky-blue eyes. Then they dropped to her lips. Then her shape. Then his eyes burned as the desire ran through him, the desire to take a hold, the desire to slampushtouchkissdevour. The desire to take shapely curves and form them to only fit his body and fit his body alone. He was so very hungry and hungry only for one thing. She had given him something he hadn't genuinely felt in so very long and suddenly it felt like a spark was there that he couldn't stamp out. And now it was threatening to burst into an all-consuming fire.

Lust was suddenly overwhelmed by fear.

His eyes went wild for a moment, truly breaking from their blue mold. He gathered all the lust within his body, snagging it from his veins with tendrils of Djed and gathering it up into a single rushing stream. He reached out with his magic, reached out with all of the gathered lust and want, suddenly desperate to have it gone. Djed buzzed through the air as he lashed out, practically throwing it all right back at her and then some, an emotional surge that would hint at the carnal presence that she had touched at.

More. Moremoremoremore. Over and over, hot tangled slick sweat. Thrusting clawing scratching pounding pain pleasure. Wall, bed, floor, everywhere everything give it to me. Give me everything so that you will be nothing but mine.

The emotion exploded forth and Matthew sagged for a moment, suddenly weary. Not quite yet aware of the impact his actions would have, he instead tried to integrate it into the lesson as his mind caught up with whatever she had just done. Whatever he had just done. It was all so very much to process. Bury it deep, like everything before. Continue on with the lesson. "That..." His lips felt tired. "...was a stronger version of what you showed me. A stronger more advanced technique. You are probably not quite at that level yet, but you one day may be. I... apologize. I reacted instinctively."
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Behind Those Eyes

Postby Edreina on April 1st, 2014, 5:21 am

Images and carnal emotion sprang forth in the Svefra's mind like water into a shattered hull. There was nothing Edreina could do to stop the flow once it started; instead she was subject to a torrent of enticing images as they moved in an all consuming torrent though her mind. The region below her navel clenched deliciously, and her lips parted around a surprised moan and her hands fell upon the wooden floor to grip uselessly at it's surface. She saw them together, intertwined as passion and lust and greed and a more gentle longing for contact ebbed and flowed between them. Energy sparked as two innately sexual creatures met, in her mind's eye, using their Djed to feed off of one another and inspire the other. He petched for money and she did it for fun; both were likely near experts in their fields. Blue eyes rolled back faintly as her chin tipped upwards, thighs pressing together gently as she did her very best to swim to shore, out of the powerful riptide of sexual desire coursing through her mind.

Razkar... You love him! The thought was simple, but biting as it lanced through her mind, piercing the red haze that had consumed her.

The fog's retort was just as acidic. When did love become exclusive? My kin was not meant to be limited to a single partner. I should be free to love whoever I please whenever I please! Pleasure is granted to us only while we live and each denied opportunity is a waste.

You would betray the trust of a man whose heart has tangled itself with yours for a few brief chimes-

...bells...

- of passion?

Edreina sobered then, head falling slightly as she struggled to reclaim a more relaxed stance. In her ears, her heart thundered and blood pumped into her cheeks, warming and reddening them. While she had silently admitted that making love to Razkar was not nearly as exciting as what she was accustomed to, they had the one thing that this harlot could never give her. That had to be enough; racial traditions could drown.

"That... was a stronger version of what you showed me. A stronger more advanced technique. You are probably not quite at that level yet, but you one day may be. I... apologize. I reacted instinctively."

The redhead nodded dumbly, still lost in her own thoughts for a moment. When it passed, she made a dismissive wave and finally raised her eyes to meet his once again. "You need not apologize. You are, after all, here to teach me. I'm afraid that you just taught me more than you meant to..." Deep within the blue of her eyes, desire still raged. But, it was trapped, wriggling and squirming, within a net of her better judgement. "How did you do that, I must know. I saw things in my head but... they felt real to me, as if I had thought them myself. I know that you were likely taking advantage of my less civilized weaknesses, but how did you know what to show me and... How did you do it without-" She stopped herself, then. From his face, she could tell that such a powerful burst had taken a lot out of him, so her last question was null. Perhaps, as her skill grew, so would her Djed or perhaps the efficiency in which she uses it.

"What other techniques are there?" Her lip was pulled between her teeth as she glanced down, only for a second. "If you must show me, please do not use lust again. You tempt a side of me I have long tried to repress..." As it was, she was finding it more difficult to ignore the more physical aspects of the master of seduction. With trembling hands, she reached to take another quick sip of the wine, hoping it would steady her nerves to some degree.

OOCSorry about how long it took me! I struggled over the wording for some time.

(c) Wanda Endust
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next