Flashback I hate brats! [Rachel]

Revy goes back to the orphanage to talk with Calyn and (un)fortunately meets a youngster

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

I hate brats! [Rachel]

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 3rd, 2014, 9:54 pm

Rachel was really walking on the sharp of a blade right there. She dared to call the job of a mercenary disgusting? "Oi brat, say that once more. Say that my job is disgusting once more and I'll petching gut your ass.", she said clearly pissed off. But unlike her earlier anger, this was cold and hard like steel. "Thanks to me you guys at least have enough money to last a while. So could you tone it down about my job?"

And now the girl was starting about friends. If there was one thing that Revy had learned in Sunberth was that no one had true friends here. Yet she toned down her voice a little. "I talk the way I like and you ain't gonna change nuthin' bout it. She knew that I hated to hear about... the situation I found myself in many seasons ago and she still started about it. Then you went ahead and exploded at me talkin' about manners and stuff. Well... do manners bring food to hte table? No, they don't. Do manners protect you from a blade between your ribs? No they don't. I ain't got no use for stuff that I can't make money off or use to protect me.", she said, "I only trust in my cold hard steel. And if I were you, you should do the same. Friends are only friends while it is beneficial to them. Once they're done with you, they'll throw you away like an old boot."

Clacking her tongue, she grabbed her stuff. She needed a drink.... lots of em. Dealing with kids was always a headache and this time it was no change either. "Oi, next time I see you, I hope you'll not mouth off to me like the goody-two-shoes you are. I hate people like that. Damn hypocrits.", she snarled. "Tell Calyn that I might drop by after a few seasons again. Gonna go look for a contract to get out of this hellhole again."
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

I hate brats! [Rachel]

Postby Rachel Messer on March 5th, 2014, 4:36 pm

"..." The girl took a step back, out of fear and instinct to protect her friends from a raging mercenary. This was Sunberth, if Revy decided to slaughter the children here, no one would bat an eye, save for Madame Calyn, and what the Konti could do against this woman? Not much, she assumed. Rachel didn't know that Revy was constantly providing funds to the Orphanage, she regretted to have insulted her occupation, but then... realization dawned on her. This meant that some of the Orphanage's funds were blood mizas, mizas gathered from a job that involved maiming and killing others. Sure, those people were most likely thief and bandits, but still... to think she ate breads bought from blood mizas uneased her.

This woman was older than her, stronger than her, and far more jaded, Rachel was gradually convinced that no matter what she said, Revy wouldn't change her mind. Frankly, she was just a little girl in the mercenary's eyes, spouting nonsense. "No... but..." She clasped her right hand near her chest, soft golden light shining, eating away at her fears and feeding her heart with courage, it would do the same to Revy should she accept it, "If everyone just... act kind to each other, we wouldn't have this... all of this," She gestured to the window, it was the innocent idealistic mind of a child, but this very mindset that attracted the Goddess of Hope a few years ago.

"No, Madame, you speak as if all friends are betrayers, but..." She held up her right hand, showing the glowing vortex mark to Revy, "This is from Priskil, she's a Goddess, she said she is my friend, I believe her, I believe she won't kick me away like an old boot." Her voice held so much conviction, if Revy couldn't believe without physical proof, then here it was, Priskil's mark in all its shining glory.

"I'm not a hypocrite, Madame," All anger had left her now, Rachel regarded the woman with politeness, "If I am, Priskil would not be my friend," True, she found out that if she didn't give the bread to the old woman or took the bread back after the old woman returned it, Rachel wouldn't find out she was actually Priskil, "She can be your friend too, if you only stop seeing everyone as enemies..." The teen girl turned around, giving a quick glance at Revy, "I'll tell her that, I promise, I hope you are happy..." With a small sigh, Rachel walked away, heading into her own room. She would sit down on the bed and think about this, about how important Priski's presence must be. Dear friend, I learned a lot today, I see your struggle, let me help you, let me spread your light on this world.

OOCAlright, this should be my last post unless Revy chased after her or something. :)

"Common" | Thoughts

Note: Radiant here, Syliras have an AS, so I'm getting her back up. ;)
Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Words: 141244
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 2:46 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

I hate brats! [Rachel]

Postby Zandelia on April 8th, 2014, 10:37 pm

Revy :
Skills
Observation – 3
Intimidation – 1
Socialization - 3

Lores
Repaying Debts: Good Practise
Teaching Kids: Puh-lease!
Taking It Out On The Kids

Rachel :
Skills
Observation – 3
Socialization - 3

Lores
Revy Hiroe: Orphan
Revy Hiroe: Bitch
I Wanna Be A Warrior!

Notes :
Nice thread. Sticking to the characters for the win!

Any questions about my grade? PM me at any time. Keep Writing!
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous