Completed [Mithryn Outpost] Arrows and Coyotes

Ball is on the wall... coyotes and arrows ensue.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Mithryn Outpost] Arrows and Coyotes

Postby Ball on April 18th, 2014, 8:28 pm

18th of Spring 514AV

Ball found himself standing on the walls of the outpost, it was early morning just a bell or two after the midnight bell rang out, Leth’s rays were gracing the lands that stretched out before him, placed nearly directly above the gates forced Ball to have to stand at the very edge of the wall to look over, his small form just unable to see anyone attempting to enter without doing so… Sometimes it just stunk being three inches tall. Luckily he wasn’t like most of the knights and squires that found themselves manning the walls of the outpost, the pycon had managed to wedge a hand into one of the mortared gaps between stones close to the edge and lean over the rampart and look down.

With hand in the wall Ball could feel the airflow that channeled through the wall, keeping the inner chambers cool and survivable, but it also brought with the airflow the most of the vibration of trussed wagons, armored knights on horseback, and the carts and plows of farmers on their daily work routine. The feeling was nexus-numbing but without his hand grip there the pycon couldn’t see below. Even during a time as slow and quiet as this very moment that Ball found himself on the wall did the pycon feel it was important to make his presence known and his participation recognized. A hand—well gloved finger actually – tapped the three-inch squire’s head gently, it wouldn’t do any good for another person to spook a man on the wall, knight or squire… Especially one so small and ‘fragile’ just hanging by a hand over a very long fall to the hard packed dirt below.

It was a young fellow that happened to be on the wall, one of the local boys enlisted to help with wall patrol this morning instead of working the fields… Ball assumed this child was going to become a squire in the future, he looked a bit young for the larger pycons to be a squire. The boy was a mute one at that too, not speaking a word he pointed to a group further down the wall, these men were talking heavily, but they weren’t really paying much attention to the fields on the other side of the wall.

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on April 18th, 2014, 8:29 pm

This annoyed the squire, these men lived here! They knew the dangerous beyond the wall and there they were… Apparently in their cups from earlier in the night or just getting into them. Petching shykers. Pulling himself to standing position Ball shifted his body to the middle of the rampart drop and then climbed the upper part that would put him on the wall and aiming for their direction. It didn’t help that the wall dropped low every other foot. Ball understood why the wall did that, but it made traversing it a real pain in the clay-arse. Ball did the only thing he could do, taking each upper plateau of stone and wood at a running start Ball waited until he was near the edge and jumped.

As he cleared the first foot gap of air, legs kicking in a running motion to allow for him to keep the momentum he had, the pycon landed with barely a sound as his clay feet splayed a bit, gritting his teeth though Ball kept running, taking the second jump head first, clearing that gap was easy, moment carried him even farther this time and as he came close to landing near the middle he rolled forward.

This roll took him forward towards the edge, quickly he overtook it and kept straight forward, this time though he had to grab hold of the edge of the drop and climb himself up. He wasn’t far from the people now, just a few more jumps more and he found himself next to the men. They were clearly talking about the night before, or the early morning currently. Tired, drunk, and rather annoyed they were it seemed. Ball growled at them, it was obvious he was annoyed. Yet he went ignored, typical locals didn’t give two hoots about the three-inch squire.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on April 18th, 2014, 8:29 pm

“Hey!” He roared, that got their attention, people keep forgetting that his race’s voices were louder and more gravelly than expected and a roaring word like what Ball just did came across pretty menacing. Their attention turned quickly to the pycon, but that was quick to disperse as they looked beyond him, Ball growled and then turned when he realized their faces had drained of color and fear was seen in their eyes.

There the source of their fear was, several dozen yards away, was a small pack of coyotes, couldn’t have been any more than six or seven of them. Now for some reason this pack wouldn’t have struck fear into most farmers, but these men have been drinking, this much Ball could tell from the waves of alcoholic stench rolling off of them. Ball sighed, he didn’t have time to call forth Imass and take to the fields himself, instead he had to get these men to snap to it and do what was needed. This men though had one more advantage over the squire, they had crossbows and bows… Flight capable weaponry that could take the pack out from this distance, give or take a several yards…

“Hey. Luh.Es.Sin.Tu. Me.” [‘Hey. Listen to me.’] He pointed at the woodland predators below, “Dey.Wuh.Eel.Ee.Ta.Ur.Cha.Kins.Ur.Puh.Igs. If.Ya.Du.Nah.Ta.Sta.Ah.Pah.Dem.” [‘They will eat your chickens, your pigs, if you don’t stop them.’] Ball looked pointed at back at the men.

“Ah.Ur.Ma.Ur.Bo.Za.An.Da.Tah.Ake.A.Ma.” [‘Arm your bows and take aim.’] Ball didn’t have time for them process what he meant, if they didn’t respond and quickly those coyotes were going to get closer and make them harder to attack. It didn’t take them Ball’s last command for them to realize what he meant, the men had snapped to sobriety pretty quickly and had armed and ready their projectile weaponry.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on April 18th, 2014, 8:30 pm

Now it was just a matter of waiting, Ball was no good at judging distance from the wall and thusly had no clue when to fire, but he watched as one of the men kept bringing his bow’s angle closer to the wall as the coyotes got closer. When the predatory canines reached a point where the bows were at an angle Ball felt all could hit a target the squire made his call. “Fuh.Ir.Ur!” [‘Fire!’] The whoosh of arrows and bolts flew past Ball in a small flurry of arrows, several men around the small group he had startled into recognizing his presence were now defending their livelihoods from a pack of wild creatures bent on being fed. The men with bows and arrows were able to load and fire far quicker than the ones with crossbows.

The trouble with these current situation is Ball found himself in the middle of a small volley of projectiles that moved faster than he could handle -- even for his weight, height, and mass distribution -- the arrows were enough to cause the pycon to stumble forward. The more he stumbled the closer he was to getting to that edge that meant falling to a very painful and potentially fatal drop that would result in a quick and unceremonious stop.

The squire though was saved by time, in the four ticks that the men started firing off arrows and bolts, the coyote pack laid dead and Ball found himself a stumble away from falling to the ground below. Saved by the quick hands of one of the men Ball sighed relief as he was knocked backwards roughly, landing heavily on his backside the Pycon fell backwards. The man that knocked him backwards wasn’t a pretty man at all, crooked stained teeth, scraggily beard and mane of hair… It was the face of a working man.

Smiling at his savior Ball sat back up after a tick and looked out in the fields. By Leth’s rays Ball could see the fallen canines. “Go, gah. Et. Ta. Da. Bah.Dees. Tah. Ake. Dem. Tu. Fuh.Ur.Ers. Da. Muh.Eet.Ta. Iz.Ur.Za.If.Uh.Wah.Ant. Et.” [‘Go, get the bodies. Take them to furriers, the meat is yours if you want it.’] Two men, without another word, left to gather the corpses, as they did that the squire looked back at the other men and pointed to their cups. “Pore.Dem.” [‘Pour them.’] he pointed at the ground on the other side of the wall, the side he nearly fell from. “Foo.Eels. Eye. Sha.Ud.Tah.Urn.Ya. In.Na. Tu. Stu.Er.Ta.Kna.Igh.Ta.” [‘Fools. I should turn you in to stewart knight.’]

With that Ball dropped from the wall to the men’s feet and stomped off away from them, he was done on the wall with these fools. Tomorrow I will locate the stables, find Imass and take Thorn out to the fields.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Radiant on April 22nd, 2014, 4:42 pm

Ball :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Intimidation +1 XP
Acrobatics +1 XP
Running +1 XP
Leadership +2 XP
Organization +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Coyotes Like To Steal Livestock

Loots
+2 Shield Points

Notes :
Haha! Ball is starting to be a leader now! Good! Work on it! :D

I gave you organization for organizing a small squad of archers along with leadership for... well, leading them. ;)

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)