PM to join Interesting Times

An artist, a merchant, and a Wave Guard sure do make for interesting times.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Interesting Times

Postby Dallen on April 16th, 2014, 9:30 am

Dallen McHenderson

Dallen clenched his teeth at the man's words, forming his hand into a fist. Barely restraining himself, Dallen leaned back against the wall, face red. Remember, Ricky's going to handle it... Calm down... When Ricky spoke, Dallen stood stock-still, leaning against the wall.

"First off Oi want ye t' quit lookin' at yer boy like 'e is a piece o' meat f'r one, an' second Oi want ya t' drop dat bottle so Oi know Oi've got yer undivided attention." At Ricky's authoritative voice, the boy flinched like about to be struck, but his nervousness was quickly assuaged by the fisherman's quick smile. At this, the boy's father grimaced, and looking Ricky straight in the eyes, downed the rest of the bottle, before defiantly tossing the bottle against a wall behind him, shattering it.

"Yer boy ain't tol' me not'in ye should worry bout, only dat yer drinkin' 'abits lead t' a proper beatin'. Judgin' from what Oi've seen already Oi can see just 'ow it works too. De only concern Oi 'ave is why ye feel so inclined t' beat 'im all de same, when ya should be doin' de work o' a proper fat'er an' settin' a good example f'r 'im. Beatin' him roun' like a slave isn't all dat encouragin ya know." Ricky, eyes and face storming, was quite the imposing figure. Shaking his head disdainfully, he waited for the drunk to reply.

The merchant's father, spluttering in rage, stood up and clenched and unclenched his hands, as if wringing Ricky's neck. Whipping around violently, he sat down. Looking pointedly at Ricky alone, he said, "So, ah'm not supposed 't make there...consequences? And it's not necessarily... encouragin', but it'll toughen 'em up... And... and at leasht ah'm nawt... abandonin' 'em...."

At this, Dallen couldn't contain himself. Striding angrily forward, he reached the drunk, and grabbing him by the shirt, leaned in close to his face and began speaking. "Listen, you pathetic, sniveling drunken wreck of a man, let me tell you something. My mother is one of the nicest people in the world. And guess what? My FATHER abandoned her. You want to know something else? I STILL want to find my father and make him smile." Leaning in closer, so that his mouth was next to the man's ear, Dallen smelled the reek of alcohol in abudnance. "It's a son's instinct to want his father to love him." Standing up, he looked at the man like one would view something unpleasant that they had just stepped in. "And this isn't love, not by a long shot." Turning curtly around, he stood behind and next to Ricky, arms crossed.

Other's Words My Words NPC's Words

NOTICE: THIS CHARACTER IS BEING PLACED UNDER HIATUS. ALL CURRENT THREADS SHALL BE FINISHED, BUT THIS CHARACTER WILL BE SUSPENDED TILL FURTHER NOTICE OTHERWISE.
Dallen
Art is Everything

Words: 29774
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2014, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Interesting Times

Postby Ricky Maze on April 17th, 2014, 7:18 pm

With the drunks impulse to react Ricky held his ground with a firm unmoved expression that remained fixated on him alone, aware that this man felt the inclination to get his hands on Ricky to teach the man a lesson. However he was dealing with someone who was in fact the resemblance of a bear in size, and another Zeltivan no less, so if you put the two together the end result would never be the one favored by the challenger. Which is exactly what this man had taken to do really, challenge the philosophy as well as authority of Ricky when he knew good and well he was in the wrong.

Yet even when Ricky remained confident in his never ending resolve to make peace with this father, Dallen's own temper got the better of him in the moment which brought a jaw drop out of the fisherman. He didn't think on the idea that Dallen would wind up acting out the way he did, yet the words he chose were at least decent ones to help the situation even if his attitude was not. It would have to be something he looked out for after he trained to become a proper Wave Guard should he take up the challenge, as a temperamental attitude was easily the quickest downfall of a man on duty. The fisherman said nothing though, only remained watchful and held his peace, until at last Dallen seemed to calm just a wee bit. Enough to stand back once more while Ricky tried to talk to this man and console him to a better path.

O'kay, t'ink Ricky. De man's been sufferin' a lot an' surely ye can imagine why, use t'at concept an' put yer self in 'is shoes f'r a moment. He thought to himself for a moment as he wondered just what it would be like to live a life without Telion, he already knew well enough he wouldn't be here without her because of the love and care she gave for him. Even when they were just best friends she would help him out from time to time, make sure he ate well and all so he wouldn't exactly be starving like many others did. It was a kind act for her to pull yet all the same there was more than just acts of kindness, she became a friend he loved to have around because of what she represented in her self. She thought herself strong and confident even when she would seem shy at times, nevertheless she was proud to be who she was; a proud Zeltivan woman.

Now of course... now there was no doubt Ricky loved her to no end. He would tear apart land and sky for her, go to any great extent just to see that she be happy and safe from the dangers of the world. He made her happy and in turn that made him happy, and with their little Martin brought out into the world to be raised, he could find no possible way to imagine a life without Telion after that. To have that kind of life would be for him to not even live at all, or at least be but an empty shell of the life he was living now. Surely. Surely this man had felt the same way, and after he'd lost his own love he lost his way. That had to be it. Even if Ricky failed to comprehend the extent of pain in this, he knew good and well what it at least must feel like inside. He went on that alone and further improvised with his consolation.

"Look now, Oi know ya feel lost an' desperate. Yer not sure whet'er t' be angry 'r sad so ye only wonder, dwell on de way t'ings would'a been f'r ya had the one t'ing 'oldin it together remained. Believe me when Oi say t'at Oi feel f'r ya mate. Yet..." He looked to the boy with sincere eyes now and placed a hand on the shoulder, a few soft shakes with the boy followed before he returned his deeply open gaze back to the man. "All t'ings 're not lost mate, believe me when Oi say dis. Yer boy's a fine young lad who's still 'ere, still in need o' guidance rat'er t'en obediance. Too many in our world suffer when we need t' be the ones to show 'em de way, s'why ye gotta strive t' serve as an example f'r yer son even now. So t'at when ya pass life's torch ont' 'im he'll be ready to raise a family o' his own, de future rests in 'im as it does in yew too mate."

He started to wonder if he'd gone to far into detail with the speech, but the attempt was all the more to break some sense into the skull of the drunk. If he could get the man to think about it enough then surely that would start something, a spark that would be enough to create a desire to bring a change to everything. From there and only there could they help find the man the much needed fire of passion to make a difference, and in turn lead him to be the better role model he was meant to be.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Interesting Times

Postby Dallen on April 18th, 2014, 4:00 pm

Dallen McHenderson

"Look now, Oi know ya feel lost an' desperate. Yer not sure whet'er t' be angry 'r sad so ye only wonder, dwell on de way t'ings would'a been f'r ya had the one t'ing 'oldin it together remained. Believe me when Oi say t'at Oi feel f'r ya mate. Yet..." Looking at the boy, he shook his shoulder a bit before continuing. "All t'ings 're not lost mate, believe me when Oi say dis. Yer boy's a fine young lad who's still 'ere, still in need o' guidance rat'er t'en obediance. Too many in our world suffer when we need t' be the ones to show 'em de way, s'why ye gotta strive t' serve as an example f'r yer son even now. So t'at when ya pass life's torch ont' 'im he'll be ready to raise a family o' his own, de future rests in 'im as it does in yew too mate."

At Ricky's words, the man leaned forward, covered his face with his hands, and sobbed. "I... Yer both right, I'm nawt fit t' be a father like 'dis.... Ever since Lenala pass'd, th' drink was the only thing 'dat could make me think 'bout any'thin else..." Pointing at his son, he let out a wretched sob. "'E.... 'e 'as his mother's face and eyes... Every day, when I saw 'em, they remind'd me 'bout 'er... So then I'd drink more an' more t' try and ferget... But I couldn't...." Looking up at his son, tears in his eyes, the man said, "Ah'm sorry, so, so sorry, son... Will ye fergive me?" With tears in his own eyes, the boy nodded silently and hugged his father tightly.

At this display of sorrow and forgiveness, Dallen's face melted into one of sadness and happiness, and tears beginning to form at the corners of his eyes, opened the door quickly and hurried outside. Losing all composure, Dallen slumped against the outside wall and started bawling. Why... why am I so sad? I should be happy for the boy, right? But... why do I feel such a deep sadness? Is it because I never knew MY father? I... I just don't know...

NOTICE: THIS CHARACTER IS BEING PLACED UNDER HIATUS. ALL CURRENT THREADS SHALL BE FINISHED, BUT THIS CHARACTER WILL BE SUSPENDED TILL FURTHER NOTICE OTHERWISE.
Dallen
Art is Everything

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Interesting Times

Postby Ricky Maze on April 21st, 2014, 7:41 pm

Ricky’s face was one of astonishment at first but then relief seemed to follow as the overwhelming situation seemed to die down, as the father and son seemed to somehow finally make up for all the dark times they suffered through when the man lost himself to the only comfort he had left. Didn’t t’ink dat actually would work. He silently admitted to himself with a sigh of relief, rather content to see that the man was no doubt bound to start making his recovery. Even when the fisherman could understand that the painful reminder of his wife lived on in his son, he still knew and somehow convinced the man that his son alone was the one who should be given a chance at life. That he should be encouraged and promoted to live how he choose, and guided by his father just as every child needed to be. That alone convinced Ricky that he too would have to not only live up to be the role model of his child, but in turn see that his child grew up to become who he wanted to be.

Ricky noticed that Dallen had taken to retreat outside now and he decided to follow, seeing as how both father and son would have much to make up for after the harsh times in dealing with grief. As he followed Dallen outside he didn’t notice off hand that the young artist had seemed to cry, mostly because Ricky himself had taken to reflect upon the moment that had passed while inside the structure behind them. "Gives me somet’in t’ t’ink bout when Oi get ‘ome t’ see me boy again." He thought out loud just before he turned to see Dallen once more, his contemplative smile faltered however when Ricky finally noticed the tears in his eyes. "Are ya okay lad? Oi know ye got rat’er passionate back dere but… Oi’ve a feelin’ ye gotta story behind t’em tears." He quirked as he waited to see if Dallen would upon up to share, a silence only seemed to remain though thus he decided to open up first.

"Oi canny imagine what it feels like not t’ grow up wit’out a pa, only a ma since mine died when Oi was born. Bein’ raised by ‘im’ t’ough was de best t’ing f’r me, an’ sure enough Oi t’ought Oi lost ‘im when he went out t’ sea." He recalled the time Burt returned and the sudden urge to punch the man, out of so much anger from the fact he finally saw his father once again… when he was thought to be dead. "When he did come back t’ough Oi was too pissed t’ realize, t’at me pa was lucky t’ be alive after all dis time. Den not long after dat… he did in me arms." He finished in a bit of a somber tone, deep blue eyes casted down to their feet while he shared that last bit of the story. "Oi only know de pain o’ losin family mate, ‘ave been as it’s ‘appened countless times. So if ya ever need an ear or friend, ye can count on me t’ be t’ere an’ listen." He assured the artist with a humble smile on his face, hopeful that Dallen might now share with him his story.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Interesting Times

Postby Dallen on May 6th, 2014, 12:54 am

Dallen McHenderson

"Gives me somet’in t’ t’ink bout when Oi get ‘ome t’ see me boy again." Turning to Dallen, the man's smile slid off his face. "Are ya okay lad? Oi know ye got rat’er passionate back dere but… Oi’ve a feelin’ ye gotta story behind t’em tears."
Wiping his face, the younger man looked up at Ricky. "Well.... It's just... I've always had an idea of what a father should be like... And I'm sorry I was so naive, but I thought everyone knew what that was... And that wasn't it.... At least he found out before it was too late..."

"Oi canny imagine what it feels like not t’ grow up wit’out a pa, only a ma since mine died when Oi was born. Bein’ raised by ‘im’ t’ough was de best t’ing f’r me, an’ sure enough Oi t’ought Oi lost ‘im when he went out t’ sea. When he did come back t’ough Oi was too pissed t’ realize, t’at me pa was lucky t’ be alive after all dis time. Den not long after dat… he did in me arms."
Wincing, Dallen looked up at Ricky. "Wow, mate, that's rough..." As he began to finish his story, Ricky wore a somber tone on his face.
"Oi only know de pain o’ losin family mate, ‘ave been as it’s ‘appened countless times. So if ya ever need an ear or friend, ye can count on me t’ be t’ere an’ listen."

Looking up at Ricky gratefully, Dallen smiled. "Thanks... I... I'd like that... Standing up and slapping the dirt, Dallen said, "Well, now that you've told me yer story, I guess that I should tell ya mine. Come, let's speak on the way to the market." Stuffing his hands into his pockets, he waited a bit before continuing. "I have to tell you, though, only Aki or my mum know about this." Dallen sighed. "Okay. Here goes... When my mother was younger... in Sunberth... well, I bet you can guess what kind of job an orphan girl would hold there... And you know what they say, once you're in that profession, you really can't get out, y'know? So when she got pregnant with me, she decided things would change... for me... Anyways, my father was never around. I never knew him, and from what mum says, he was good-for-nothing. And when I was five, she decided to stow away on a merchant ship. I dunno, maybe that's when I was fit enough for escaping that hell. I don't remember much about the journey there, except it was dark and cramped. But halfway through to Zeltiva, one of the sailors decided to look around a bit after taking a piss in the head. I don't know why, but he practically made a beeline for our hiding spot. So, after that we were taken to the captain. He felt sorry for the poor girl with the five-year-old in tow, and offered free passage the rest of the way."
Blinking, Dallen rubbed a stray speck of dirt from his eye. "She always had a talent for art. So it kinda makes sense that when she arrived, she worked as a portraitist... I wanted to be an artist to be like her, you know... And still, I feel like I want to please my father. I think you understand."

Staying quiet for a moment, Dallen pulled his hat low over his eyes, waiting for the man, his elder by two years, to respond.

Dallen
Art is Everything

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Interesting Times

Postby Ricky Maze on May 10th, 2014, 3:59 am

Upon hearing Dallen's idea of how all fathers should be Ricky couldn't help but sympathetically nod in understanding, he too held beliefs that he liked to keep after all and indeed some was or once were naive to think about when one might dwell on them. Yet that was the way everything worked in life, everybody had something they needed to believe in order to push on and live. For Dallen that idea was a means for him to hope and see the positive in things, namely in the one thing he knew little about because of his past.

The story he shared did help in turn as Dallen seemed to have found it in him to share his deal in the story, the note that only his mother and friend heard it met with a chuckle from the fisherman as he waited to hear it. It both a sad and curious way to be brought into this world, how one easily fell into a lifestyle to earn themselves another day. The way Dallen's mother did so was only to earn a living and in turns she wound up with him, yet it sounded like she held no regrets over it as it led to a new beginning. A live better led elsewhere as she raised her child, the boy who grew up to be the artist named Dallen. The art was not just a family trade but a talent, a talent unrecognized by the one that created him in this world.

And so the artist wanted understanding. A sense of clarity in knowing he could pride himself by doing his own father proud, yet the means for such clarity practically held little chance of existence seeing as he didn't know the man. Rough indeed... Ricky sighed quietly through his nostrils as he felt for the man, likely not much difference in the age between the two... and yet somehow Ricky felt the artist had enough experience in his life time to know the gravity of a burden. Ricky knew because he in turn felt it as well, and on multiple occasions too considering the life he led as a fisherman. Things never seemed normal for him anymore but then finally after such a long time, and finally being granted the one thing he wanted most, Ricky started to think he found that sense of normal he was after.

Family. Something that everybody always needed, something that Dallen could use in his life seeing as how he felt alone. Isolated. It was easy to assume that these were the motions the young man went through, because that was the same feelings Ricky associated himself with as well. Before everything started to change for him. Maybe... That's what Dallen needed, a change in the place he was in now. Such a change was possible and could very well be good for the artist, but it was up to that artist alone to choose for that change in life. "Yea, Oi remember dat feelin' an awful lot. Wantin' make me Pa a proud man was somet'in Oi struggled wit' everyday, even t'ought if Oi lived and did de same he did Oi'd do so. Dat was 'afore he was missin' out at sea t'ough." He admitted humbly with eyes averted to the ground below, hands at his waist as he tried to offer some meaningful advice in this practical 'lesson' he was giving.

"By de time he came back t'ough Oi was already learnin' t' become me own person really, strugglin' wit' it a lot but in time Oi started t' learn what it meant t' be an expectin' fat'er. 'afore he died t'ough Oi learned somet'in truly important, somet'in Oi'll take wit' me t' me grave when de time comes." He returned his gaze up to Dallen hopeful that this would bring the artist's attention up to him, his deep blue eyes cast towards the face but slightly sheepish with any direct eye contact. "So long as Oi became who Oi wanted t' be, he was proud o' me all de same. T' see de kind o' man Oi became at dat time, dat alone made 'im a proud fat'er in de end. An' Oi know now what it truly means t' be a fat'er now in turn, an' Oi can only 'ope t' make me own son proud in turn, like me own fat'er made me proud o' 'im in de end." He gave a friendly gentle smile towards Dallen next, hopeful that the lesson in the lecture wasn't all ramble.

"In short Oi can only say dat ye shouldn't worry 'bout what yer own Pa t'inks Dallen, instead t'ink o' what makes yew proud t' be yew and live it." He assured the artist with a bit of encouragement. "Tell ye what, maybe later on ye can meet me own boy an' in turn we can discuss anyt'in ya want. Oi'm pretty sure ye got a lot ya wanna share yet nobody realy t' share it wit'." He offered with a hearty chuckle, hopeful the artist would take him up on his offer.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Interesting Times

Postby Dallen on May 18th, 2014, 1:08 am

Dallen McHenderson

"Yea, Oi remember dat feelin' an awful lot. Wantin' make me Pa a proud man was somet'in Oi struggled wit' everyday, even t'ought if Oi lived and did de same he did Oi'd do so. Dat was 'afore he was missin' out at sea t'ough." Studying the fisherman's face, Dallen studied the tan, rugged head, as if contemplating something. What the man said was wise, beyond both of their years. It seems that this man too had his own burdens.

"By de time he came back t'ough Oi was already learnin' t' become me own person really, strugglin' wit' it a lot but in time Oi started t' learn what it meant t' be an expectin' fat'er. 'afore he died t'ough Oi learned somet'in truly important, somet'in Oi'll take wit' me t' me grave when de time comes." As Ricky looked up at him, Dallen looked him in the eyes, careful not to miss a word.

"So long as Oi became who Oi wanted t' be, he was proud o' me all de same. T' see de kind o' man Oi became at dat time, dat alone made 'im a proud fat'er in de end. An' Oi know now what it truly means t' be a fat'er now in turn, an' Oi can only 'ope t' make me own son proud in turn, like me own fat'er made me proud o' 'im in de end." With a look of understanding dawning upon his face, Dallen nodded. He realized that he didn't have to live up to some imaginary expectations, formed around his idea of what a father should be. To be one's own is the only thing that matters.

"In short Oi can only say dat ye shouldn't worry 'bout what yer own Pa t'inks Dallen, instead t'ink o' what makes yew proud t' be yew and live it." Winking, Ricky continued speaking encouragingly. "Tell ye what, maybe later on ye can meet me own boy an' in turn we can discuss anyt'in ya want. Oi'm pretty sure ye got a lot ya wanna share yet nobody realy t' share it wit'."

Smiling, Dallen spoke. "Thanks, mate, I don't know how to tell ya how much that means t' me." Raising his finger, he winked slyly. "Although, I don't think that I have nobody to share my woes with. Miss Akia Gratton exists, remember?" Face growing appreciative, he said, "I would like to meet your son, sometime. Might give me some perspective 'bout the future and all that... Anyways, About that invitation to join the Wave Guard? I think I'd like that. Although.... I don't really know how to swing a weapon fer shyke. So... Mind teachin' me sometime?" Although he realized that after a deep discussion such as theirs a minute ago, this topic wasn't really appropriate, Dallen asked anyways, apologetically.

Dallen
Art is Everything

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Interesting Times

Postby Ricky Maze on May 24th, 2014, 5:55 am

The fisherman gave Dallen a friendly smile when he was given thanks for the pep talk, and then of course he couldn't help but laugh with the comment that Dallen made about his girlfriend Akia. The mood had definitely taken a lighter turn then as they both found a sense of understanding with one another, something Ricky was always glad to find when he familiarized himself with a person. More or less called them a friend. In truth he found Dallen to be quiet a good friend to have, considering the lad had both spirit and heart to follow deep down. Ricky chuckled further at the sound of Dallen's enthusiasm, the idea that seeing Martin would lend the artist some perspective insight an amusing one to say the least. Of course then the subject that was to be called upon, the idea of another recruit to join the order and take up arms in defending the city.

"Oh?" Ricky raised an eyebrow upon hearing Dallen's own words, a hearty smile cracked his lips as he chuckled with the acceptance of the offer before. Of course that meant Dallen needed training, training with a weapon were he to learn how to use one properly. "Heh, sure mate. Oi wouldn't mind 'elpin' ya learn a t'ing or tw'. T'ing is ye'll 'ave t' sign up at de Wave Guard offices t' be a recruit, when dat happens only den can Oi officially 'elp ya train." He instructed Dallen with a smirk, hopeful that the young boy will follow the advice. "After yer trainin's passed den ye'll take de initiation test t' see if ya can swim well enough, and den ye'll be a part o' de Wave Guard. But only sign up if ya really want t' mate, bein' a part o' de Guard is actually a serious t'ing t' take on." He added humbly with a gentle nod, as though he knew well enough what being a Wave Guard asked for.

"Dat said, Oi pro'lly need t' be gettin' ready t' go 'ome. Me shift is almost over now, so Oi can go 'ome t' see me boy an' t'ink more 'bout what 'appened t'day." At the sound of his own words he rather liked the idea of mellowing down with some quality time with his son, especially now that he had some things to consider since the both of them handled a tense situation with another father's issues. "Oh, before Oi go t'ough. Oi figured whenever ye're ready t' meet me son an' 'ave dat talk ye need, yer welcome t' drop by me place anytime ya choose... so long as it be a decent bell o' course. De buildin' ain't 'ard t' find, it's de old complex located in the Old Quarter near de University. Can't miss it! Me room is on de second floor even, at best ye can write t' me and send a courier dere, Oi'll likely get yer message in no time flat." He finished with a final hearty smile cast towards the artist, hopeful that he would hear from him again soon.

Without further ado Ricky then bade Dallen farewell and headed off to where he needed to be, in time when he was finally due to head home he did so with thoughts upon his son Martin. What had occurred earlier today, it truly helped him reflect on how he wanted to be, as both a father and a role model for the child. What he wanted of course was far more simpler compared to the ideas of greater imaginations, yet even so he still thought it a lifestyle he wanted to live. That want was for Martin to grow up in a normal life living to make his own choices with a proud mother and father, as they would both support him and see to it he grew to become the kind of man he wanted to be in turn.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Interesting Times

Postby Dallen on May 26th, 2014, 9:46 pm

Dallen McHenderson

"Oh? Heh, sure mate. Oi wouldn't mind 'elpin' ya learn a t'ing or tw'. T'ing is ye'll 'ave t' sign up at de Wave Guard offices t' be a recruit, when dat happens only den can Oi officially 'elp ya train." He instructed Dallen with a smirk, hopeful that the young boy will follow the advice. "After yer trainin's passed den ye'll take de initiation test t' see if ya can swim well enough, and den ye'll be a part o' de Wave Guard. But only sign up if ya really want t' mate, bein' a part o' de Guard is actually a serious t'ing t' take on." Nodding gravely at his words, Dallen said, "Oh, I intend to take this seriously, Ricky."

"Dat said, Oi pro'lly need t' be gettin' ready t' go 'ome. Me shift is almost over now, so Oi can go 'ome t' see me boy an' t'ink more 'bout what 'appened t'day. Oh, before Oi go t'ough. Oi figured whenever ye're ready t' meet me son an' 'ave dat talk ye need, yer welcome t' drop by me place anytime ya choose... so long as it be a decent bell o' course. De buildin' ain't 'ard t' find, it's de old complex located in the Old Quarter near de University. Can't miss it! Me room is on de second floor even, at best ye can write t' me and send a courier dere, Oi'll likely get yer message in no time flat."

Dallen, touched by the sentiment, smiled. "Heck, let's go right now!" Following him for a few steps, he broke out laughing and slapped him on the shoulder. "See you later, Ricky. I might come over in a few days." Turning down the street, Dallen headed towards his home, ambling off at an even pace.

OOC: Thanks for the thread, mate!

Dallen
Art is Everything

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Interesting Times

Postby Aoren on June 24th, 2014, 3:22 pm

Riddled With Rewards
Dallen

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation + 2 EXP
Intimidation + 2 EXP
Persuasion + 1 EXP
Philosophy +2 EXP
Acting +2 EXP
Storytelling +1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Observational Insight: Spotting A Fresh Bruise
Moral Conviction: On Proper Parenting…
Acting: Concealing Strong Feelings of Distaste
Storytelling: The Journey to Zeltiva
Ricky: A Friend To Turn To

Note :
Thank you for updating your ledger! Though, I would seriously consider selling some things from your inventory, or working with a storyteller to do an odd job or two to earn some money. If you haven't been awarded your Seasonal Wages yet and you've done your Job Threads, get in touch with Eldritch ASAP.

Ricky

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Logic + 2 EXP
Intimidation + 2 EXP
Persuasion +4 EXP
Leadership +1 EXP
Acting +2 EXP
Rhetoric +3 EXP
Planning +1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Observational Insight: Piecing Together a Situation Using Visual Clues
Intimidation: Projecting An Authoritative Presence
Observational Insight: Gauging A Man’s Potential
Persuasion: Appealing to Notions of Compassion
Social Nuance: Finding Common Ground In Conversation
Acting: Concealing Distaste
Moral Conviction: Never Lost, Never Dismayed
Moral Conviction: To Be a Proper Father

Notes :
A very emotional thread in the way of social interaction. I tried to reflect that in my grade. If you have comments, questions or concerns do feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Don’t forget to edit/delete your request in the Request Thread!
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous