[Location] Citizen Registration Office

Here you can register as a citizen of Ravok.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Russell Wood on April 14th, 2014, 11:45 am

4th day of Spring, 514

Russell found himself walking into the registration office; he had only been here for a couple of days and was already beginning to love this city. The entire atmosphere here was different than his home, but that’s exactly what made him feel so much more comfortable here. No stuck up knights telling him what to do anymore, nor did he have his grandfather breathing down his neck to practice magic until he was close to hurting himself with it. He had woken up extra early this morning to make sure that he was here on time, he wouldn’t have to keep his identity as a new person a secret anymore, and he’d have all the papers to protect him.

He saw the papers on a table as soon as he came in, a number of people were already here which surprised him a good deal. He made sure to sign in each and every bit, but he found himself hesitating as he had to sign in his place of birth and the magic skills that he knew.

Filled out sheet.” :
Name: Russell Wood
Race: Human
Parentage: James and Anne Wood
Place of Birth: Syliras

Primary Trade: Voiding.
Known Magic: Flux, Hypnotism, Voiding
Financial Holdings: 544 Gold Miza’s

Please state your reason for being in Ravok: To seek out a new life away from the mess that is Syliras, and pave a new path in life out for myself.

Russell felt a little satisfied after having finished that piece of paper off, now just to hand it in. He found himself taking a closer look at the room around him, it wasn't very busy, but he felt a little intimidated by the man guarding the single door. It was rare for him to feel intimidated and that's what bothered Russell the most about this situation. He decided to keep his paper in hand and wait for his turn to come around.
Russell Wood
Player

Words: 79132
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2014, 11:32 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Abstract on April 30th, 2014, 5:34 pm

Daegron

"That's satisfactory," he said, nodding, after both statements. The pledge done, he handed Daegron his probationary citizenship and sent him on his way.

Russell

Tawny frowned at the mention of Syliras... it was a disliked city in Ravok, and any mention brought dislike. However, Russell seemed to hate the city nearly as much as any citizen, so... there wasn't too much to complain about. Still, he was suspicious. What if Russell was a Syliran spy?

"Okay,' he said gruffly, staring up at Russell blandly, but it would be enough to make the newcomer uneasy. "Swear your loyalty to Rhysol and the Black Sun, please... and swear to obey all of the Black Sun's laws."
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Postby Vayl on May 5th, 2014, 9:39 am

Imagex
51st Spring, 514 AV

Vayl stepped into the room, and pulled his hood down, looking around himself, taking in the exquisite architecture. Well this was certainly much better off than the parts of Ravok he lives in. But he was right opposite this.. 'Black Sun' building.

This office itself was a little... foreboding, but he'd seen plenty worse before.

As he had assumed through intuition, there was a slip of paper to fill in. He pursed his lips. He wasn't going to be able to be wholly truthful, but that was hardly a problem. This was Ravok after all, truth is a luxury.

Name: Vayl Vestrange
Race: Mixed blood: Human/Symenestra
Parentage: Symenestran Father, Human mother
Place of Birth: Sunberth

Primary Trade: Swordsmanship
Known Magic: None
Financial Holdings: 47 G available, 600G in resources

Please state your reason for being in Ravok: A place to settle. Ravok is a fair city and gives everyone an equal chance at pleasing Rhysol.

With a slight grimace, he signed his name at the bottom. The only truth on there was he had a sword and his name. But that was of little consequence, it would be next to impossible to gain papers otherwise. Sitting down on the isle of seats, Vayl raised his knees to his chin and tried to avoid meeting anyone's gaze. There were far too many humans around to be comfortable, let alone the heavily decorated... warrior of sorts standing in front of the door he assumed he'd have to enter.
x
But one day
you will stand before death's decrepit gate,
without really knowing why
"Summer grasses,
All that remains
Of soldiers' dreams"
Vayl
Forever Dolce's

Words: 58133
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 12:03 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Viridian on May 6th, 2014, 6:57 pm

66th of Spring, 514 AV

She hated this. The light of the sun was too bright, and the people too many. they all pressed close to Vi, jostling her. Surely they would notice that she wasn't one of them. They would see her, hate her, and kill her. She was so nervous her hands trembled slightly as she pulled the hood farther down to hide her Symenestra features, quickly folding her arms beneath her cloak again to hide the elongated arms and other obvious giveaways.

I shouldn't have come... she thought, but Caridan had urged her to. He said this was what you had to do, to gain citizenship. What a joke. A slave gaining citizenship? Its impossible, ridiculous to even imagine. If Caridan had not come with her Vi would not have come at all.

She hated crowds. Crowds were stupid, idiotic and prone to rash actions. A person you could reason with, could talk to. A crowd you could only run from. As the approached the building-- Gods she never would have found it without Caridan-- Vi's nervousness only grew. Inside the building it was no better, and in fact it was in many ways worse. There were still people here, but the space was smaller, more pact. More confined.

Like a coffin... Vi thought before she could stop herself. Pulling the hood lower, praying that no one noticed her, she moved to the table witht he slips of paper and quickly began to fill it out, glad for the distraction.

Citizenship Application

Name: Viridian
Parentage: Human Mother
Place of Birth: *Viridian paused here, not certain what to put, but in the end she chose one of the earliest cities she remembered* Kenash

Primary Trade: Acrobat
Known Magic: None
Financial Holdings: 300 GM, no housing as of yet

Please state your reason for being in Ravok: For freedom. To serve Rhysol. To live.

As she pend her reason for being in Ravok Vi bit her lip, a bit of venom falling there and there was a slight tingle as she licked it off. It probably wasn't the best reason, or the most well thought out, but what else could she say? I came to sahova because I was a slave, then I killed my master-- it was a complete accident by the way-- so now I am free and I want to be a Citizen so I don't get killed or thrown back in chains? Somehow Vi thought those workers at the Citizenship office would not appreciate her background.

Once she was done Vi brought the paper to the man's desk, looking back nervously at Caridan before carefully laying the paper before him. He might not notice her overly pale features. It was possible he wouldn't think it odd that her eyes were the color of amethyst, but she could not hide the long black nails that slid the paper forward. She tried to look confident, but failed. She felt like a slave, and she was sure she looked like a slave. If Caridan wasn't here they would probably kill her where she stood. They might still do that she realized. She kept her mouth closed, hoping they didn't ask her to speak so they wouldn't see the fangs. She prayed to Rhysol that it would work, that they would let her stay. Let her be a citizen. She might not be a devote follower, but surely he watched everyone in his own city right? Maybe, just maybe he would give her protection as well...
Viridian
Blink and I am gone

Words: 18664
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2014, 4:47 am
Character sheet

Postby Russell Wood on May 6th, 2014, 7:34 pm

Russell found himself wondering why the man had frowned for a moment, but the answer was simple he found himself being a little worried at what he was going to say. The look in the man’s eye put Russell on edge. He knew what he needed to say, it would be simple from this point onward. ”I swear to follow Rhysol with all that I am, and that I’ll entrust my future to the black sun from here onwards.” It flowed out naturally; he took a second beforehand to think about how he’d get around to saying it. Russell sighed and looked back at the man in front of him, how could someone make him feel so uncomfortable, he’d have to get around to learning something like that.
Russell Wood
Player

Words: 79132
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2014, 11:32 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Abstract on May 14th, 2014, 12:31 pm

Vayl

Tawny frowned at the Sym’s application, then back at the spidery creature’s face. He smirked for a moment, looking pleased with himself, and sat down the paper. ”Lemme make a deal with you…” he said, eyeing Vayl in a dominant manner.

”See, the city of Ravok likes to make non-humans pay a… fee… before they become citizens. It’s believed your kind will make more trouble, and it’s an investment of sorts. The problem is…” He tapped the paper to make his point. ”You don’t have enough to pay. So how about this… you give me forty, and I might just scribble down your race here as… human. Sound like a plan?”

Viridian

Tawny was having a boring day, and when a Symenestra appeared… he couldn’t help but have fun. ”A spider!” he exclaimed smirking at the pale-skinned woman. ”What are you doing here? You should know Ravokians don’t like spiders…” He sighed and shook his head, but took the application.

”So… it’ll be an extra two hundred for you, spider, for safety. But you can pay, can’t you?” He rubbed his fingers together and held out a hand, obviously expecting a payment.

Russell

The vow was simple, and compared to some… positively short. But it got the job done. Tawny nodded at the man and quickly wrote down a probationary citizenship, before handing it over. ”Good luck, don’t get into trouble, and don’t leave Ravok,” he said, as cautionary words, before waving Russell off.
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Postby Vayl on May 14th, 2014, 8:47 pm

Imagex
Vayl raised an amused eyebrow and smiled a toothy grin.

"I see how it is then. Well if I'm paying you its probably worth no more than 30. But hey" Vayl motioned languidly with one hand. "I'm feeling generous, so I'll offer 30 and this unique training weapon. I bought it for fifty gold. I'm sure you can sell it for more."

Vayl leaned back comfortably. He loved situations like this.
x
But one day
you will stand before death's decrepit gate,
without really knowing why
"Summer grasses,
All that remains
Of soldiers' dreams"
Vayl
Forever Dolce's

Words: 58133
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 12:03 pm
Character sheet

Postby Annalisa Marin on September 1st, 2014, 12:36 pm

29th of Fall, 514 AV

It was the day after arriving that saw Annalisa Marin entering the Citizenship Registration Office of Ravok. The concept seemed similar to her as the Sahovan Judgment, a means of determining who was worthy of being allowed special privileges and who was not. Therefore Anna had opted to dress her best for the occasion, her fine black silk robes trimmed in purple wrapped around her body. Her hair was styled in a long ponytail, her white eye clear on display without fear in this place. Wrapped around her right ring finger was a silver ring with the sigil of a burning scroll upon it, and dangling from her ears were earrings that depicted the sun and a crescent moon. Within the folds of her robes and kept on her person at all times was Chaos Thorn, an ornate dagger that still bore echoes of Rhysol’s power.

The tall woman’s eyes fell over the person at the desk, feeling her mark resonate and identify them as Chaon. She smiled at whomever was working at the citizenship desk that day and handed them the form she had filled out, keeping the information comprehensive. Most of it was rather standard, honestly the sorceress was actually surprised that mere parchment could make one a citizen. Sahova had required a test of skill, proof that one was worthy of being named even an Apprentice. Compared to that, this seemed almost too easy…

Name: Annalisa Marin
Parentage: Mother-Liana Marin, Father-Farik Marin
Place of Birth: Zeltiva

Primary Trade: Teaching, Drawing.
Known Magic: Reimancy, Glyphing, Voiding, Spiritism, Shielding, Summoning, Auristics, Magecraft. Marked twice with Chaon.
Financial Holdings: 503 GM 3 SM

Reason for being in Ravok: To pursue the worship of Rhysol more actively within his most holy city of Ravok. To serve him however he might wish me to. Also to hopefully work more with my cousin, Clyde Sullins, an Ebonstryfe Soldier.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Nemesis on September 12th, 2014, 3:25 pm

Annalisa Marin

It was quite possibly one of the easiest applications that Tawny had ever had to look over. The woman stood before him was finely dressed, as befitting a citizen of the lake-based city, and her adornments were just as sophisticated and intriguing. “Welcome, Miss Marin,” he greeted politely as he quickly glanced down at the first line of the papers that he received off of the young woman, and then looked up to meet her eyes.

There he could plainly see the most inviting things about the woman - the pale, white eye that gave the woman away immediately as one of the Favoured of Rhysol. With this, he gave the application a quick once-over, and was evidently impressed with what he saw. “
We are very pleased that you have decided to attend the Defiler in his own city. Given your... exotic array of abilities, I am sure you are interested in the Institute of Higher Learning?” He spoke as he wrote the details out on the woman's new Citizenship Papers, “however, it might sound foolish to one such as you, but I do require a verbal vow from you fir loyalty to Rhysol and the Black Sun. Also to obey the laws of the Black Sun and Ebonstryfe.

Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Annalisa Marin on October 30th, 2014, 11:26 pm

Anna shuffled in place slightly as the man looked over her papers, unused to this entire process. In Zeltiva she had simply been born a citizen, in Sahova she had fought tooth and nail to be accepted through cunning and ability. Here however it seemed a scrap of paper could decide one’s acceptance in a city. One of Rhysol’s many mystery’s she supposed, something she would need to simply accept as it came her way.

The Institute of Higher Learning? The sorceress had no idea what that was, though given the context in which it was spoken she assumed it had something to do with magic. If it was then that was indeed likely something that would interest her, or perhaps she would interest them. She allowed herself a slight mental chuckle, after having walked with the last mages of a dead empire she was likely far more qualified than most mages. She allowed a mental thanks to be directed towards Amaryllis before answering.

“That would be most agreeable, sir. Any direction you might be able to grant for a mage of more… martial talents would be appreciated.” She stated.

“I swear, with every fiber of my being, that I shall remain loyal to Lord Rhysol and his holy attendants even after I draw my last breath. His enemies are my enemies. His goals are my goals. Should He order me to fall upon my blade I would do so without hesitation. For as long as I remain in his holy city I shall obey and uphold the laws of his faithful servants.” Anna stated, the words sliding from her tongue naturally.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)