[Alaia's Scrapbook] The Sketches of a Mind

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Alaia on June 7th, 2014, 11:45 pm

Alaia's Scrapbook!

~ Comment, post stuff inspirational or funny!
~ Everyone is welcome here ^^
~ This scrap book is for the writer of:

Alaia
Sorcha
And
Scarlet Rose
Last edited by Alaia on July 31st, 2014, 3:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
Alaia
My soul whispers to you in the silence.

Words: 181488
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2014, 7:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Alaia on June 7th, 2014, 11:52 pm

To Do's

Summer 514 AV Threads

• Make a new friend
  • Create something artistic
  • Learn a new skill
  • Further herbalism, philtering, medicine and combat: suvai skills
  • Travel away from Riverfall
  • Job threads
  • Meet up with an old friend
Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Postby Alaia on June 15th, 2014, 10:15 pm

~ Bored, drawing a Calla Lily - enjoying how it's coming out but I still need to work on the background and work on the left wrapping petal a little more for me to be happy I think ... figured I'd share the progress!!

~ Medium: Charcoal
Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Postby Atoll Northwind on June 18th, 2014, 8:15 pm

I was being lazy about posting and made you a thing. There are three versions because I could decide. Fiddle with what ya like :) I'mma try to make ya an avatar next because I wanna work with those pain in the butt scales!

Version 1 :
Date

Words.

Version 2 :
Date

Words.

Version 3 :
Date

Words.
Speech (Fratava). Speech (Common). Speech (Tukant).
Atoll Northwind
Live by the Sea

Words: 55665
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2014, 10:17 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Alaia on June 18th, 2014, 8:23 pm

I love them! Thank you so much Atoll ^^ *hugs!*

I can't wait to use them!!!
Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Postby Alaia on June 19th, 2014, 8:03 pm

Posting a video ..... enjoying the song while writing a post for Sorcha!

Enjoy!

Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Postby Scarlet Rose on June 25th, 2014, 9:38 pm

Posting this because it reminded me of Miz ... the things you find when you're procrastinating on writing ^^

It almost makes me want to make a bunny Kelvic one day who is obsessed with hoarding carrots >.< Ahhh that must go on the back burner though because I already have my hands full!

Actually I have some ooc comments I'd love to share on my four characters =) I hope you enjoy the musings of my mind

Alaia is very much the good girl next door, always willing to help everyone around her. She trusts easily and though she may never actually get close to many PCs she feels the health and the well being of everyone is equal and needs to be cherished. She will eventually become a teacher of sorts, maybe a guide or a mentor as time evolves and she will most likely stay a staple in Riverfall as she finds her place in future seasons ... and I absolutely love playing Alaia, I mean who doesn't love the chaste virgin? :D I feel like Alaia is my stronghold, I know where I plan on her going and I know -her- in my head already ... Obviously her life might get completely derailed one day but I feel like she will always be true to this sense of peace and tranquility I picture her being surrounded by even in the darkest of times ...

Right now she is going through a struggle with her gift and the fact that every time she touches someone she can see a part of their life she never should be able to, this inner struggle of hers is very eye opening to me as her writer ... she will eventually work at the Sanctuary with Kavala, probably after her trip to Kenash, but this struggle of hers let's me realize that even though she dreads skin to skin contact with her current patient she still walks into work every day with a smile knowing that as long as she keeps healing everything will be okay even if at the end of the day she wants nothing more then to swim in the sea for hours or get lost in drawing or just be alone away from the hustle and bustle of the medical center ... if all goes well she'll find peace in working with animals but I feel the inner struggle is a necessary part to her character development =)

(above picture mainly for laughs :D )

Then there is Sarai ... my little Kelvic ...

Sarai was the first character I made here in Miz and I've still not completely figured her out, I find it hard to write her some days when my mind is to ... I don't know, not as care-free as it needs to be with her. I made her in the hopes to have a character who was all curiosity and exploration and I enjoy writing her when I do :) I am going to have to spend some time really giving her the attention she needs in my mind to blaze a path for her aside from adorable hunting leopard of Zeltiva ... I suppose where she differs from Alaia is that, while they are both gentle and innocent, Sarai tends to walk a blurrier line then Alaia. Sarai thinks that stealing is okay if it means she likes what she gets, she's definitely not good at it but it's not her fault that people leave things laying around! She will quickly make friends with anyone she talks to if they give her the chance and honestly I could see her just curling up on someone's feet if they let her. She has her own moments of reserve from others but that's usually washed away once the other person does something that remotely peeks her interest - after that she's focused on them and understanding them. She's naive where Alaia is not, Alaia understands the evils of the world and with Sarai's lack of education and just generally short life span she hasn't really encountered things that would make her question the goodness of someone.

(Actually I'm really glad I'm writing this post now, just free writing that for Sarai has definitely made me understand her a bit more ... +1 for me!)

Magic, darkness, hatred ...

I suppose Sorcha came about when I was looking to make a character that enabled me to explore the dark desires of my mind ... With her twisted past she is a perfect candidate for a character driven by hateful breeding and revenge ... She's still rather undeveloped in the number of threads I have written for her but I see her striving to become someone well known on Sahova, I don't see her leaving any time soon either. There are several magics I want her to learn though she is starting with Malediction mainly because I think that is the hardest challenge for me ... I've written characters before who have done magic in other RP settings but I wanted something to challenge me - I have a feeling she will be another one who will start off hard to write for simply because I will be feeling my way around the land of Malediction as a writer ... I think she is something of a way to improve myself as a writer, she is a hurdle and when I jump this first one I will create a second with her in another branch of magic ... Her emotions are also so twisted compared to what I'm used to playing - contrary to Alaia and Sarai's gentle natures I'm used to playing characters more like Scarlet who are a bit rough around the edges but can go either way depending on my experiences through them ... Sorcha however is everything that is dark inside my mind poured into one character and expressed through careful planning .. there are seeds of humanity in her, doubt at her abilities and her love for her dog Jasper but if one day she could bathe in the blood of someone she murdered slowly ... I'm pretty sure I'd be quite content with that, maybe she'd even use their skin as strips of leather ... well that's a bit twisted ... lol >.<

Scarlet!

I feel like she is most true to the type of characters I typically play ...

She is by no means perfect, none of us are, and while I have plotted out parts of her future already with other PCs it's sometimes nice to have a character's mind wrapped up into a small little phrase. I feel her need for perfection can ultimately lead her down a very dark path depending on what her relationships are with people ... I'm enjoying imagining her future and the possibilities that will flow with it - will she be good? bad? Somewhere in between? I have no idea ... That unknown excites me with her, I think with her experience in threads is going to be such a factor that it might even be more important then it is with my other three girls .. She is also probably my character with the biggest ego and because of that it can easily get bruised should someone she wasn't expecting to out rank her do just that ...

All my characters have a life of their own in my head, whether they are hard to write for as I learn them or easy right off the bat ... they are all a part of me, I don't think you can write without putting a part of yourself into the character ... I'm just hoping as I learn them and through them I learn me that the ride will be as thrilling as I expect it to be =D

Anyways I'll stop rambling now!
Do you want the truth or something beautiful? Just close your eyes and make believe.
Do you want the truth or something beautiful? I am happy to deceive you.
Secrets, lies, and falling veils I can be who you want me to be.
Scarlet Rose
One day I'll be the best.

Words: 43868
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2014, 1:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Scarlet Rose on June 26th, 2014, 12:29 am

makes my headaches go away ^^
Do you want the truth or something beautiful? Just close your eyes and make believe.
Do you want the truth or something beautiful? I am happy to deceive you.
Secrets, lies, and falling veils I can be who you want me to be.
Scarlet Rose
One day I'll be the best.

Words: 43868
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2014, 1:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alaia on June 29th, 2014, 1:37 am

I've realized I haven't really told anyone about me in this forum and while I don't think that's really a requirement I would still like to!

^ Yes, That's me, both of them, I usually switch between dark red and blonde hair ... blonde is my natural coloring

My name is Rae and I'm 24 years old. I live in New England with my wonderful husband and my beautiful two kitties. I've only been married for a few months but we've been together for almost 4 years. I'm currently in college for a degree in Fine Arts (focus in digital drawing/drawing) and I'm loving every minute of it though unfortunately I will have to take a break from college until we move. Currently we live in a condo and my husband is looking for a job somewhere else (he's some computer nerd thing) so it makes no sense to start the fall semester in case we have to move far away during those months.

I grew up on the ocean with my father and my brother, my parents were divorced when I was just a toddler. I was very close with my dad though he passed away when I was 16, he was easily one of my best friends. I am not as close with my mother even though I live only 20 minutes down the road from her I see my Mother-In-Law (who lives 2 hours away) far more then I see my own mother.

I actually almost did a degree in Biological Science (I know ... it's very different then Art) I was going to focus down the line on being able to work with and study wolves. Why didn't I go that path? While my heart was in it I still felt this overwhelming lack of fulfillment that pursuing Art filled. So here I am I guess ... ^^

I've been roleplaying for 12 years everything from table top to forums and practically everything but LARPing and that's only because I don't know any LARPers here :D .... I play D&D regularly though lately I've been having a horrible go at keeping my characters alive! lmao

Recently I went vegetarian despite growing up and loving meat, I'd almost say I was vegan however every once and a while I'll eat cheese so I think that's cheating to say vegan? :D I'm not bothered if others eat meat (my husband does daily), I did it for health reasons and allergies I have ... also I love animals but that wasn't what pushed me into it and it would be a lie to say it was.

I'm a pretty relaxed and roll with the punches kind of person ... in between my psycho moments anyways ...

Warning Psycho Moments May Include:

• Putting toast in the freezer because I hate the smell of toasted bread but like the crunch
  • Eating things on my plate one at a time, I don't care if they touch but I can't mix and match food between bites
  • I have ridiculous moments of being claustrophobic where I don't even like someone on my same couch cushion (Yes I realize this is not normal lol)
  • I argue with myself on a regular basis
  • I often lose said arguments
  • If I think of more or have more pointed out to me I'll let you know :D

I'm ridiculously shy, I mean once I get to know someone I'm the most blunt uncensored person ever but I really get nervous about starting off talking to someone ... so if you want to talk to me please do! I'm really nice! I just don't like approaching other people first and if I do I'm usually awkward :D

oh also I have two tattoos! I'll post them below ... the japanese one says "Protector" I got at 16 when my dad died... and the hummingbird one says "Patao" which I got for my grandma when she passed (my mom has a matching one with different colors) Patao was my grandma's signature on her art work

right now I am working on drawing my next tattoo which is going to be an entire upper back tattoo with wolves and pagan influences that wrap around my japanese tattoo and come up over my shoulders in "dripping" tribal colors influenced by the ebb and flow of water but that'll be a while from now because I'm so picky I've been working on this drawing for over a year plus it'll be wicked expensive ...

and

Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes