Location [Syliras Location] The Ironworks

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: [Syliras Location] The Ironworks

Postby Gossamer on November 1st, 2009, 6:14 pm

Norvan

Ros nodded. Half Isur? That changed things considerably. Though half-breeds weren't uncommon, he knew how Isur could be, especially outside of Kalea where there weren't many women of their own people living let alone young and willing. He eyed the young man with a new appraising gaze and looked thoughtful. This changed the whole outlook Ros had on Nor. Unlike most 'Syliran' minded people, he was biased towards the Isur and everyone vaguely related to them. "Pay starts at 8 mizas a day. You get a small room to yourself if you need it. It has a cot, a desk, and a bed. There's a latrine out back, and my workers get a free pass to the Baths in town. I expect you to use them daily. Now, before we finalize this, we need to give you a simple test. How about you take a chunk of iron over there, one of those twenty pound bricks should give me some insight.. heat it up, and work on some metal lengths perfect for horseshoes." He said. Horseshoes were the basis of any blacksmithing art... heating up the iron, softening it, slicing off a length to work into a long bar to be bent into a horse shoe. IT was easy enough work, beginners work really, but when Nor got started on it, Ros would learn leaps and bounds about the man and his work habits.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Nor on November 1st, 2009, 6:42 pm

Norvan went to the iron chunk, his hands feeling along the surface touching every nook and cranny of the metal. As he did so, the memories of the years spent in the foundry came back, the familiar feel of the metal, the grip of the hammer and the heat of the forge. He picked up the chunk and placed it on the anvil, taking a second he took a deep breath to relax his nerves and started to shape the iron.

He functioned purely on an instinct that had spent years being drilled into him in the foundry of his village. Gregnar, the Head Blacksmith of the foundry had always told him to treat the metal with respect and it will return that respect ten fold. Norvan felt that now as slowly but surely the metal started to take shape, bringing a smile to his face. A while later it was the shape of an average horse shoe, the red hot iron let out a hiss of steam as he lowered it into a bucket of water. A few seconds later he removed the horse shoe and felt it with his hand ignoring the fact it could still be hot. Besides, he though, you never got anywhere in a foundry without being burnt at least once.

The metal was cool to his touch, but strong. He turned around with the horse shoe in his hand outstretched to Ros. "Do I get the job?" he asked, as he wiped the sweat off his brow.
If your dads Frankenstein and I'm a Vampire, why are you a Werewolf?

Nor
Player

Words: 3001
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2009, 8:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Mixed

Postby Gossamer on November 1st, 2009, 7:38 pm

Norvan

"Indeed, thats a fine example. Please, feel free to move into the fourth room on the left out back where the rest of the apprentices stay. I told you the salary. You'll work every four days and take the fifth off for a six to eight hour shift unless we have a crunch on special orders, then everyone jumps in to help. You are free to take commissions yourself, and anything you make you will get 10% of if you work the material and make the sale all on your own. Otherwise, your duties will be simple. Work on my backlog, it won't be glorious, but there are dozens of repairs, wheel bindings, and back orders that need work. Don't be picky, just work from the oldest to the newest in that direction. Whomever finishes a project first gets the very next one in line unless it is too technically difficult for them. I am the judge of that, not you. Do you understand those terms?"
He asked carefully, looking thoughtful. "If so, welcome to the team." Ros said, holding out his hand for a handshake.

Mod NoteYou can feel free to collect a daily salary (even on your days off) from Ros from the point you are hired to the point you leave employment. Also, feel free to answer posts in this thread and to do threads entitled [The Ironworks] where you get independent jobs if you can arrange them with other players. You will get experience for this.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Nero Czan on November 28th, 2009, 7:28 pm

89th day of Fall, 509 A.V.

The cloaked fellow walked into the shop and smiled from the familiar scent of ash and metal, reminiscent of his childhood. He walked up to the counter and looked around for someone, Anyone. He was about to call out when a close-cropped faintly Isur man came from a back room. "Ah, for a second I thought you might've gone out for lunch." He kept up the friendly smiled as he made his order, "I'd like one Teethed Gauntlet, a Studded Gauntlet, and..." He looks down at his right hand and was distracted by how beaten and tearing the glove on it actually was. "Damn it.. You wouldn't happen to have actual gloves for sale, would ya mate?"
Last edited by Nero Czan on November 29th, 2009, 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan
"Lead by Example, Protect by Force."

Words: 121734
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2009, 2:44 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Nickorius on November 28th, 2009, 9:34 pm

Nero

Ros, while making his rounds around the Ironworks, came upon a cloaked figure who seemed to be thoroughly lost. As he made his way around to the counter, the strange fellow made a comment "Ah, for a second I thought you might've gone out for lunch."

Ros looked at the man, one eyebrow raised. He couldn't deny that he was slightly offended; there was work to be done around here, he couldn't just sit at the counter all day and way for some wayward fellow to waltz in and demand things. He let out a breath, calming himself down. It was a busy day in the forge today, his new workers were nowhere to be seen and things were behind. The customer was just making an attempt at humor.

Ros mentally when through their inventory as the man relayed his order. One studded gauntlet, one teethed gauntlet: This guy was lucky: Ros was pretty sure he had a couple of those items in stock. Then he asked for gloves...

"I'm sorry friend," Ros began, "We should have the gauntlets in stock, but we don't work leather here; purely metal. There is a leather worker on the fringes of town though. A nice, dark skinned fellow. Lives with a tiger. He should have what you need." He smiled, "Let me go grab those gauntlets, it'll be 15 gold Mizas."

Ros returned, gauntlets in hand, to make the transaction. "Anything else I can help you with?"
Nickorius
Harvester of Souls

Words: 13932
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 9:53 pm
Office

Postby Nero Czan on November 28th, 2009, 10:00 pm

Nero chuckles a bit and with his casual smirk, replies in a bit of an apologetic tone. "Nope, that'll be all really." He counts out 15 Mizas and places it on the table, then goes to check the gauntlets. The left one works like a charm, and it's 'sword-snatchers' look to be top-notch. The rugged glove on his right makes it a bit difficult to throw a gauntlet on, so he just removes it without incident, throwing it in his pack. When he does so, the elaborate Drykan tattoo spiraling every inch of his hand is revealed. The right seems to fit even better than the left, and he smiles a grin of satisfaction at this man, but changes his expression to more of a humble tone. "Sorry if I came off a bit strong, now that I take the time to look around, it seems like it's just you working around here... Oh! Before I forget..." He takes off the gauntlet and extends his tattoo-ridden hand out as if to shake. "The name's Nero, pleasure to meet ya."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan
"Lead by Example, Protect by Force."

Words: 121734
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2009, 2:44 pm
Character sheet

Postby Slade on December 2nd, 2009, 6:20 am

Slade had heard of the concept of "buying" items before, but had never felt the need to actually put it into practice. Stealing always seemed so much easier. However, with the beginning of his so called new life, he might as well give it a shot.

He browsed through the starting array of weaponry, unsure of where to start. He had never been particularly skiled when it came to fighting. That had always been Slade's area of expertise

Perhaps I should take over? thought Jericho, unable to contain his obvious excitement.

Fine. Just don't do anything stupid.

Slade sighed and let down his defences. He hoed he hadn't just made a terrible mistake. Jericho had a tendency to be somewhat...reckless at times.

Jericho shook Slade's arms, letting the Kelvic's face split into a wide grin. It had been some time since he had been able to take the reigns while they were in human form. He began to strut confidently through the shop, scanning the items on sale.

After a few minutes, he picked out two weapons. A pair of Bladed boots, an Assassin's Dagger and a pair of Edged gaunlets. He presented them to Ros and slapped down the necessary gold. 20 gold mizas for the boots, 4 for the dagger and 8 for the gauntlets. The total cost was exactly 32 gm. Not too shabby.

"Pleaure to be doing business wih you," growled the smith.

Jericho responded with a nod and exited the shop, breaking into a run with his items in his arms. If he was in control, he might as well have some fun while he could.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Self modded
Did I do it right?
Slade
World's Largest Midget/World's Smallest Giant

Words: 5017
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2009, 7:22 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Devandre on December 17th, 2009, 5:35 am

Day 5 Winter 209

Today Devandre was in a particularly merry mood, well merry wouldn’t be the first words that come to mind from the outside spectator. Walking out of his dark home making sure his cloak and face cloth is in place cane in hand. Beginning his walk to greet Mr. Ros Vizerian, and pick up his woodsmen’s axe, it’ll come in handy in the later days of winter.

Walking into the very hot shop run by the skilled blacksmith, he speaks to no one other then Vizerian. “I am sure you know why I am here, and I am sure an axe for me is ready. You are always one to not keep a customer waiting.”

A jump and a tick later, and four gold mitzas gone Devandre is soon out the door tapping his way back to his home.
Devandre
Player

Words: 39870
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2009, 6:45 pm
Character sheet

Postby Jaquise Emittere on March 8th, 2010, 9:31 pm

1st day of Spring, 510 A.V.

"That''ll be 140 gold mizas for the chain mail, 60 gold mizas for the greaves, 50 gold mizas for the vambraces, and 5 gold mizas for the spiked gauntlets." The man actually seemed to smile a little as he said the price. He wasn't the owner of the shop, that much was obvious. Probably a student, maybe a partner.

The prices theses shops charged for the simplest things. A Slender chain-mail armor at 120 gold mizas. It was robbery. Hell his katana had been cheaper. Given it was a rather old bit of junk but that wasn't the point. Thankfully he had already bartered for the rest the last time he visited. Jaq may need the armor sorely but that didn't mean he was going to give an arm and leg for it. "I'll give you 98 for it." Jaq's bad mood carried through his voice. Hell even the price he had offered was obtuse just for the sake of being so.

The man's smile turned sour and his gaze went from gloating to angry. "Are you joking, the metal it was made out of was worth more then that. I can drop the price down to 130."

"And I can walk out of this store and you can get nothing. 108."

"That's all your life is worth to you huh? 120 is the lowest I can go without losing money."

For a moment it looked like Jaq might try and barter further, and he seemed in the midst of saying 118 when he thought better of it. The man was a jerk for trying to overcharge, but his anger was at the man he had lost his last set of armor to. It was nothing short of the work of the gods that he had lost that hand and more likely the work of some dexterous sharks. No need to take it all out on this guy. "Fine, deal." Jaq searched through his purse in his jacket and pulled out the right amount of gold. The man in front of him handed over the mail shirt and held out his hand. Jaq dropped the coins in it, took the metal shirt, all of the other stuff, and walked out of the store grumbling and trying to balance the load he was carrying.
Jaquise Emittere
Magic Swordsman

Words: 173150
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2010, 2:59 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eanos on March 22nd, 2010, 10:28 pm

Spring 22, 510

Even considering the size of the city, it had not been hard to find the ironworks. He'd not spent time sightseeing once he'd got through the gates into the city; there would be time enough for that once he'd established himself here. He was more comfortable now that the buildings shut out the horizon but now the crowds of the city irritated him and so what small relief he'd gained soon evaporated. At least though the panic had subsided, and he held on to that as he kept himself from shoving aside those who blocked his path.

Entering the familiar environment of the ironworks he glanced around, noting the quality of the items for sale. It made him itch to get back to work and that perhaps was the one thing more than any other which had irritated him about the trip to get here, which was that it had been a waste of precious time.

"I'm looking for the owner," he announced to the first worker who seemed ready to pay attention. He'd heard that one of his race ran this operation; it was the only reason he'd decided to come here where he could extend his metal working experience. Back home that was the province of another clan and he hadn't yet been ready to enter the Silver Tower, not until he knew more of the basics.
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Words: 443521
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

PreviousNext