Location [Syliras Location] The Ironworks

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] The Ironworks

Postby Klyphaestus on December 16th, 2010, 3:34 pm

10th Day, Winter 510

Klyphaestus paused at the door. The smell of heat and fire rushed onto his face, rubbing off the soft winter which had just begun. He entered with light footfalls and stood in the middle of the shop. Fancy weapons and glimmering armours lined up neatly on the walls, throwing a thousand flickering bright orange daggers into Klyphastus' eyes. The young man stood with one hand in his pocket squeezing the money. Those coins now felt suddenly mroe precious then ever, and the icey touch contrasted so dramatically to the lively warmth around him. Eventually Klyphaestus sighed and walked up to the front, speaking out each word so solemnly that one could easily mistake his speech as an announcement from an official.

'A shortbow, a sheaf of game and flight arrows, a pair of assasin's daggers, a hunting kife, and a ribbon dagger. I want all of them.'

He had abandoned all thoughts of haggling when he saw the strong Isur at the furnace. It was still early in the morning. But Klyphaestus was already weeping over the loss of his wealth.
Klyphaestus
Commoner

Words: 20504
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2010, 3:04 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on December 17th, 2010, 4:27 pm

Ros Vizarian peered over at the new costumer that entered his Ironnworks. He glanced around a moment to see if any employees were going to step up and talk to the man, but they were all too preoccupied with not doing their jobs to so much as notice the man. Grunting lightly, a sound that was eaten whole by the roaring furnaces behind him, the five foot Isur man walked over to Klyphaestus. "What can I get you?"

After Klyphaestus told off a list of gear he needed, in a reluctant voice as well, Ros only nodded and disappeared momentarily. It wouldn't take long before he and two young boys returned, lying the gear on the counter in an organized neatly manner. Ros spoke up again. One Shortbow, forty Arrows, half game, half flight. Two Assassin's Daggers, a hunting knife, and a ribbon dagger. I'm not going to ask questions, but just as a warning, the Knights are not tolerant of violence in the city. If there's anything else you need, let me know."

Secret :
Shortbow - 30 gm
20 Arrows (Game) - 4 gm
20 Arrows (Flight) - 3 gm
Assassin's Daggers x 2 - 8 gm
Hunting Knife - 5 sm
Ribbon Dagger - 1 gm

Total Cost - 46 gm 5 sm
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Lozylir Wright Terras on December 18th, 2010, 7:29 am

1 winter 510 av

The young Isur found the ironworks at last. The heat of the forage felt at home to his skin as he entered the large shopping area with his cart in hand. He still wore his backpack and a basic longsword. One could tell if they looked closely it was not done by a master and if one knew of the isur race they could put it together that the young isur made it himself in training.

Lozylir looked around looking for the master of the forage. He found what he guessed was as he saw the other Isur who he greeted with a smile and a bow of the head. He knew the other Isur would understand what Lozylir was in for not only with how he was dressed as a long traveler but by the purple left arm that stood for he was part of the Terras clan which were known for the skills of crafting with any metal and was mainly held by females. It was a rare sight to see a male Terras.

"Greetings Brother, May Lord Izurdin guide our hammers and help guide our forages to greatness. I travel from our homeland and I wish to seek your blessing to train under you if I may."

If anyone overheard the young Isur speak they would not hear common or anything close it to. For he was speaking in the language of the Isur that only Isur knew and could speak. Very formal and gave a lot of details then what common speech could. In the end the young Isur was seeking a job in the forage.
Lozylir Wright Terras
Player

Words: 5003
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2010, 11:34 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ataraxia on December 18th, 2010, 7:55 am

For Ros, every single day was a busy one. The Ironworks was a bustling place, and his responsibilities would overwhelm the mind and body of a lesser man. Even in his rush, he could find time for a customer... or prospective employee.

As Lozylir introduced himself and made his wishes clear, the Isurian Forge Master smiled. Hearing his native tongue was a pleasant experience, especially when coming from a mouth other than his own. He casually flipped a pair of blacksmith's tongs in his hands as he eyed Lozylir, taking in his introduction.

"Lord Izurdin has blessed this day, brother. I hope and pray your travels were uneventful and comfortable." Ros said, his native tongue rolling forth in a cascade. He spoke it far too little, and he relished this meeting.

"If it is work you seek, look no further my brother. Though I have many apprentices and employees, an able bodied Isur of the Terras Clan would be an asset to me and my forge." Ros said, his eyes falling to the simple longsword Lozylir carried. Not amazing work, but passable. He could make a fine smith out of this Isur, if Izurdin willed it. Of course, Ros had a feeling that he did.

"My name is Ros Vizerian. Tell me brother, what experience do you have? As much as I would like to do so, I can't hire you on the spot without a bit of background."
Ataraxia
It's like nirvana, but not really.

Words: 49327
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2010, 6:25 am
Office
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Lozylir Wright Terras on December 18th, 2010, 8:06 am

"I would not dare ask to be given a job on the spot without you hearing of my tale Brother. I am Lozylir Wright Terras, my mother was Suesan Wright a skilled weapon crafter. My father, Ielir Coglias was a skilled fighter but passed away many moons ago. Yet before he did he helped me learn how to swing a blade and my fist around. My Mother taught me the basic understandings of blacksmithing, Armorer, weapon-smithing, drawing and math. As I am sure you know it helps to know how to draw the ideas and blueprints of the design of what you are working on and the math is always needed to craft down the road. I know I am not anywhere near good but I am learning and I also walk with the blessings of our god. This blade I foraged as a training lesson and held on to it since. Plan to use it as a training rod for combat but I did bring with me a good fair bit of our steel so when I do become a better smith I can craft my own weapon and bless it."

The speech was long but still in the native tongue which outsides only heard so little. He gave information from both sides of the family and let him know his basic skills both in the forage and outside it freely like any Isur would for they were all brothers and sisters that you could count on to tell the truth to each other.

"I do also seek a place to rest if you know any as I work in your blessed forage as my travels have been uneventful but long from our homeland."
Lozylir Wright Terras
Player

Words: 5003
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2010, 11:34 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ataraxia on December 18th, 2010, 8:25 am

Ros folded his large arms across his chest as Lozylir spoke, nodding occasionally in affirmation of his tale. His credentials and family history pleased Ros, the fact that he was less than experienced doing little to dampen his hopes. His new charge seemed quick of mind, and would make an excellent addition to his forge.

"I am glad to hear you traveled here safely. It is a dangerous world beyond these walls... but as you come to sharpen your skills here, with me... perhaps we can do our part to make sure those roads become safer. I welcome you to my forge Lozylir, and accept you as my apprentice." Ros said, nodding and unfolding his arms. He held the blacksmith tongs with his strong Isurian arm, and began rapping it against his other arm's open palm as he spoke.

"With your credentials are versatility within your craft, you will do well here. For an Isur of your caliber, you will receive eight Gold Mizas for every day of work. I expect this will more than make your stay here worthwhile... not counting the skill you will undoubtedly gain as your work continues. As far as lodging, well... there is human woman in the city who runs an inn of sorts known as Traveler's Row. You'd do well to seek her out, and perhaps rent one of her many rooms for a season. In that time, you will have earned enough Mizas here to purchase your own lodgings within the castle proper... and I trust you will do just that." Ros said, leaning forward a bit and matching Lozylir's eyes with his own.

"I trust you will remain in Syliras for quite some time, as my apprentice." He said in a friendly, but inquisitive tone. It was a simple fact that most who walked through his doors disappeared not long after, either tired of the monotonous work or enticed into travel. It never quite made sense to Ros, as his employees were paid quite well... and they lived in the safest city in all of Mizahar.

"You can start today, if you wish. I understand if you would like to take the day to acclimate to this glorious city and procure yourself a room within Traveler's Row. If you do so, come back here tomorrow at the 7th Bell. There is much to be done."

With that, Ros nodded with a light smile and returned to his previous task... which seemed to be scolding one of his lesser employees for botching the repair of a set of armor.

Congratulations!You are now an employee at the Ironworks. You will receive 8gm/day for working here, and you may potentially get a raise or a bonus depending on the amount of work you put in directly to you job via training threads or solo threads involving our job.
Ataraxia
It's like nirvana, but not really.

Words: 49327
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2010, 6:25 am
Office
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Dusk on December 23rd, 2010, 3:59 pm

Seasonal XP Award!
Fall 510 AV

Eanos
XP Award: Weaponsmithing: 2 XP, Auristics: 2 XP
Lore Award: Syliras Ironworks (Competent
Swag: Once you move into your new shop, you a request from the Ironworks to forge a cold iron sword as a present for one of the ranking Knights. You are given the materials to complete it, and 30gm to pay for the work. Feel free to use this project as a training thread, and submit it to me for grading.

Additional Note
Keep up the good work!
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Eanos on December 29th, 2010, 2:35 pm

Winter 11, 510

It had been hardly a ten day since Eanos had last visited the Ironworks, the place where he had worked for two seasons. Now though he was not coming as an employee but as a customer, albeit not one who was looking to purchase a finished product.

He waved greeting as he entered the shop front but immediately went in search of Ros, his fellow Isur.

"Ros!" He smiled at the man who was such an important part of this city, and one whom if he was not an employer any longer still held the power over whether or not his new venture would be a success or failure.

He offered his hand in greeting and when that was done, launched into his proposition.

"I wanted to thank you for the order from the Knights and the cold iron which you provided. The work is much appreciated." He gave Ros a nod for that. "I have a new customer who wanted a blade and I was wondering if you might be able to see your way towards supplying me with some steel or cold iron. I understand that it is not so easy to obtain, and will be expensive."

He wasn't entirely sure that it would be possible at all, and if it was whether or not the price would be prohibitive. He'd given Hrafn a quote which had been perhaps rash, yet to have done otherwise would have indicated a lack of knowledge which he wasn't willing to admit to for it would have raised questions about his skills. Yet too he had made no promises about making what the Isur wanted in anything other than iron.
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Words: 443521
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 2:38 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ivan on January 14th, 2011, 8:25 am

Ivan casually strolled into the place called “ The Ironworks”. He’d heard much about it on the streets, and it sounded nice. It did not disappoint. It was like home, truly. The heat of the forge and the sound of metal beating upon metal, the soft breeze of the bellows breathing life into the flames of creation... It gave him the only comfort he’d had since he left Sultros. He’d also heard that an Isur was the master of this place, which made Ivan’s pleasure even greater as he took in the sights.

One of these sights was an Isur with a gray arm... Which Ivan had never seen before. Ros Vizerian, he was called. Though of an unknown clan, he was still of the race he’d been raised to serve. Ivan walked to him, his stride confident and his chest a bit puffed out, his hammer resting on his shoulder and his shield on the opposite arm as always. He relished in the fact that he could speak in his language again.

“ Hail, brother. I am Ivan Stonecrusher Coglias. I hear that you sell weapons here.”

“ Tis true, i do offer weapons to those with the coin for them, but other things too. What are you lookin’ for?” At this, the smith waved his hand over several new blades, that seemed to be made from his very own hand.

“ A small axe, if you would have one. Cold steel, preferably. It needs to last against the force of my strike.” The smith picked up the indicated weapon, and told Ivan it’s cost. It was quite expensive, but well worth it. Ivan gave up the 18 gold and took the axe. Ivan placed it in his belt, the blade keeping it up. It rested on the right side while his small hammer hung on his left. Much as he entered, he soon departed.
Beast, Man, Or God, I Know Of Nothing That Survives A Severed Head!

The RechaYomi
Ivan
The Man And The Hammer.

Words: 27113
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2010, 5:53 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Vimos Stonejaw on March 7th, 2011, 7:41 am

Spring 511av

Vimos strolled out of the light rain and into the huge forge known as the Iroworks, the ringing hammerblows, crackling fires and hissing steam sweeter then song to him. He walked to a nearby forge station, setting his pack on the ground. He removed his hooded cloak, already dry from the heat in the forge, reveling his Isurian heritage via the blue green coloring of his arm. He briefly wondered where the forgemaster was, but quickly forgot as he picked up a hammer, the heft reminding him of home. He was suddenly over come with guilt and sadness, staring deeply into the fire. Vimos sat the hammer down and sighed.
Vimos Stonejaw
never respected always forgotten

Words: 7516
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2011, 7:42 am

PreviousNext