Closed A Radacke's handiwork (Verena Lorak)

Tim needs to get patched up before the wedding.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

A Radacke's handiwork (Verena Lorak)

Postby Timothy Mered on June 21st, 2014, 4:27 am

43rd Summer 514AV

"Marked? What's that?" He was bright enough to assume that it had something to do with the strange, inky painting on the Doctor's body but lacked the courage to suggest it. His thoughts were whirring and many more questions rested on his tongue. Perhaps a day or two of being left to her own thoughts in confinement would loosen the doctor's tongue. It was as if speaking tired and annoyed her. It was a strange sight indeed for one of them knee-boots to not only treat lesser beings but to remain humble and quiet. Outside of Jed, Tim knew no other of her kind that weren't aloof.

The fact that she condemned how Jed had treated him surprised him even more and he began to question her true heritage. "You are very kind," he said as he nibbled another piece of bread. "You must have loads of friends..."

He paused for a chime, listening to the songs of birds outside before he turned his head to face the young lady again. Her kindness had dismantled all social barriers and Tim knew he could speak freely with her. "I want to become a knight some day," he said. "A good knight, one that doesn't kill unless he really has to, one that fights for truth and justice." A smile curled his lips and his eyes went into soft focus as he dreamt on about that unreachable future. Already he could see himself atop a mighty mount, fully decked out with a thousand knights at his back and the Whiplash plantation in front of him. The slaves would be freed, the Masters captured and jailed. Justice would triumph.
Timothy Mered
Determined

Words: 296697
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2014, 1:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Verena Lorak on June 22nd, 2014, 10:42 am

Verena imagined the swirling sigil the color of shimmering white perfectly in her mind. She had seen it a thousand times as she looked into a mirror. "It means the goddess Rak'keli had chosen me to do her wishes, that is healing anyone I can." Not every Lorak was marked and sometimes she wondered why the goddess had chosen her, instead of someone more likable - like Zorane, perhaps.

"You must have loads of friends..." Well, it was certainly interesting that this boy thought her attitude had granted her acquaintances, when in fact it distanced her from nearly everyone. If not a little ironic. She was a Dynasty who disliked parties and crowds. She treated slaves somewhat decently and she didn't speak much. Verena didn't truly understand why those things would make so many see her as odd.

It was times like this that had made Verena wonder about the way everything runs in the city, questioning the morality of it all. It had robbed this little boy of his childhood and dreams. That thought alone softened the doctor's cold heart somewhat. "My mother used to be a Syliran knight." And Yvenna was one of the few people in Kenash who disagreed with slavery. It was how she was brought up in Syliras and so mostly they tolerated her opinion.

Verena was indeed blunt most times, but even she was not careless enough to share her thoughts. Especially with Rujaros acting up lately, it wouldn't be hard to place suspicions on her.

Last edited by Verena Lorak on June 26th, 2014, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Verena Lorak
Detached Doctor

Words: 234038
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2013, 1:17 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Timothy Mered on June 22nd, 2014, 8:18 pm

43rd Summer 514AV

Important noteFor the sake of progressing the thread I presumed that Verena was more or less done with the actual healing. So I am not trying to godmod here! ;)
Tim kept on yapping about the Syliran knights, his voice getting more excited by the tick, until Verena was done. "Thank you," he said in a husky voice. "You are very kind and sweet and I don't know how I can ever repay you." He turned to face Taloe and thanked her too.

Now that he'd stopped talking, exhaustion washed over him again and he struggled to keep his chin from dropping to his chest. Remembering that he was supposed to stay for a while, he all too eagerly let his head sink into the pillow and within mere ticks he was soundly asleep. Curled up into a fetal position, he drifted away, his back resting on top of the blankets and his boots still tightly laced to his feet. I ought to pluck her a flower. And the white lady too.
Timothy Mered
Determined

Words: 296697
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2014, 1:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Vice on June 29th, 2014, 3:36 pm

Plunder and Booty!

Name: Timothy Mered

Secret :
XP:
  • +3 Observation
  • +3 Socialization
  • +2 Rhetoric
  • +1 Storytelling
Lore: Jed: Not a Bad Man, Fantasy: Knighthood!, Sharing Insecurities with Verena, Imprisonment grants a warped perception of time, Life of a Slave, Location: The Mortal Solace, Verena Lorak, Verena: Weird, Verena: Deserves Reward from Yahal

Notes: I like Tim. He's a neat little kid. Poor thing, though.

Name: Verena Lorak
Secret :
XP:
  • +2 Observation
  • +1 Auristics
  • +2 Medicine
  • +1 Socialization
  • +2 Leadership
  • +1 Rhetoric
Lore:

Hallon: In love with me?, Using Auristics to Sense Pain, Sensing Fevers and Hunger, Jed Radacke: Attacked his Slave, Timothy Mered, Timothy: Jed's Slave, Insistence that Violence Solves Nothing.

Notes: The usage of Aurisitics was much, much better this time. Next time, though, I expect to see the overgiving consequence come into play ^.^

If you have questions or concerns regarding your grade, do not hesitate to send me a PM and I will be more than happy to discuss the reasons as to why said grade was received.

Enjoy!

Vice
Pick yer' poison~

Words: 318086
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2014, 2:36 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Previous