Closed [Zastoska Bath House] Soft Hands

The new massuese at the Bath House turns out to be quite the charmer...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Zastoska Bath House] Soft Hands

Postby Lavine on July 11th, 2014, 6:05 am

31st of Summer, 514 AV

Lavine spread her wings and pumped them rapidly, flying as quickly as she could down the nearly bare streets of Zeltiva. No one wanted to risk being caught out with the Mage Silencer about, but Lavine was almost certain that she would not be targeted.

Not in owl form at least.

It wasn't long before she passed the familiar sights of the edges of the city, marking her close proximity to home. Her wings ached with the day's work of flying and hunting and her feet felt heavy as they dangled beneath her body. Just a little farther and you can rest for the night.

No sooner had the thought graced her mind than a voice called out to the nearly empty street.

"The Zastoska Bath House is taking walk-ins! Come rest your weary feet with a massage! Only 5 Gold Mizas for a full body treat!"

These were perhaps the only words that could have stopped Lavine in her tracks. She screeched to a halt, perching on a nearby building to watch for a bit longer. I'm only resting. I need to continue home when my strength returns, she told herself. But the barn owl knew that she was unable to resist the lure of a spa.

I just need to move a bit closer so I can hear. The excuses went on and on in her head, occupying her mind as she scooted a bit closer to the woman. Deciding that even a distance of a few feet was too much, Lavine landed softly on the street just in front of the woman's feet.

Lavine tilted her head in curiosity, watching the woman as closely as she could without looking suspicious. It never once crossed the girl's mind that an owl in Zeltiva might come across as suspicious nevertheless.

Lavine
Safety is merely an illusion

Words: 48336
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2013, 10:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Tais on July 11th, 2014, 6:39 am

31st of Summer, 514 AV

It was dark out and the moon was suspended in the air. Tais could see the ominous glow through the wispy clouds of the night. She could feel the summer breeze caressing the hairs on her arms and she could sense the burden that was near close to lifting from off her shoulders.

“I just don’t see why you can’t find something that interests you Tais,” came a scratchy voice from an aging mother. “You’re too picky, is that it?”

The burden dropped again.

“I’m going out tonight,” replied Tais, refocusing her attention on the façade she so dutifully portrayed. It was happy- a happy mask- one that everyone enjoyed seeing her wearing. However, her irises were a smouldering golden brown, indicating a sliver of anxiety blossoming in the pit of her stomach.

“Going out where?”

“I’m going to find myself a job, mum.”

“You better find one. I can’t take this anymore.”

Being twenty three and bearing no brains to maintain a job weighed down on the young woman’s self esteem. With little hope, but a splinter or two of faith numbing the pain, she slumped outside her cottage and into the wilderness.

Slender branches and thick shrubbery were growing over her head, but nothing was out of the ordinary. That is what gave her the chills, this is what gave her that tingling sensation underneath her ribcage. Everything was the same and nothing was different. It was insanely boring how there was no change. It irritated her the most when she had to live through a life that had already been figured out for her. She couldn't fix anything or move anything around. She had to follow the plot line or suffer from mortal consequences. That is how she saw it at least.

She threw up her left arm to push away a low hanging branch. This is when she found herself emerging from the canopy above. A city full of bustling locals were loping through the streets with loud voices and earnest expressions latched onto their faces. She noticed this upon impact. She had left her hospitality, her habitat and had entered a new one. It was foreign, but familiar all the same. Tais wondered if any of them were suffering in eternal misery like she was.

Her eyes, now shifted back to their neutral brown tone, danced across rooftops until they sloped down the siding of a decaying building. An elderly woman was standing outside of the building next to it shouting with all she could muster. She was saying something about massages. Massages? Instantly hope welled up inside of the girl. How hard could that be?

She traipsed through the mob of people before standing right in front of the old woman. She tilted her head back, because of her short stature, and peered into her luscious blue eyes with her cynical russet ones. They were almost pleading as she said, “May I have a job here?”

The woman looked down at her with confusion. She cocked her head to the left and then to the right before stepping to the side and waving her hand for her to walk through. Tais obligingly took a step forward before being welcomed inside a very tall building.

“Let’s see what you’ve got,” the elder said suddenly, following directly behind. “Have you had any experience before?”

Tais shook her head somberly.

“Well, that’s alright. It’s not that hard to scrub someone’s back and add a few twists and turns of the wrist.” She began to weave her way around a few obstacles.

“Massage. You ever heard of it? Just dig your fingertips, not your nails, into their tight muscles. I’ll watch and see how you do and then we can talk about permanency, deal?”

Tais nodded her head this time before following woman yet again through the labyrinth of workers. A large pool was situated in the middle of the establishment. Light fixtures of with glowing embers held inside were adorning the walls as the two continued to trek their way to the back. Where were they going? Why not stop here?

Finally, upon reaching their destination, the elderly woman stopped walking and stood off to the side. There journey had been completed, and her hand was now outstretched as if requesting for Tais to begin working. But what should she do? What could she did? Was was there to use? Who will she be massaging today? Without much guidance, she simply sat down, next to the pool and waited for someone to come to her.

oocI hope this is a decent beginning?

Tais
Freckled with Despair

Words: 5459
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2014, 2:37 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Lavine on July 17th, 2014, 1:10 am

31st of Summer, 514 AV

Lavine watched as the woman stopped shouting to speak with a quiet young woman out front. With her exceptional hearing, the barn owl caught nearly every word the girl said.

They're just going to offer her a job?

It seemed a bit shady to Lavine. With this in mind, the owl spread her wings and followed the strange pair deep into the bath house. They passed through multiple rooms that were softly lit with pools bubbling from somewhere unseen, but none of them seemed to bother the leading woman. She clearly had a destination in mind.

When the leader dropped off the prospective employee by a pool, Lavine felt torn. Stay with the new girl or follow the old woman? Left with little time to decide, Lavine found herself hustling back down the corridor with the woman, leaving the sweet girl all alone. She hated to leave the new girl, but Lavine wasn't sure she would be able to find her way out on her own.

Upon returning to the entrance, the woman started up her spiel once more.

"Zastoska Bath House..."

Tuning the rest out, Lavine hesitated to make a decision. Once the choice was made, it only took a chime for her to rush to the nearest alley, switch to her human form, and rush back out to greet the woman.

A naked girl on the streets of Zeltiva clearly gave the poor soul a shock, but when Lavine made it clear that she was looking to be a paying customer there was no further questions.

"Come on in! Right this way! I'm free right now, so you'll get the best right from the master." The woman winked conspiratorially. "Would you like a cup of tea? Just a Silver!" At Lavine's slow nod, a cup of tea was produced from thin air and handed to her with a flourish.

"This way. Are you looking for a massage today or just a bath?"

"Uh, massage?"

The woman stopped abruptly, nearly causing Lavine to spill her tea in her haste to stop. "And what kind?"

Lavine could think of nothing but her aching arms and feet, although her neck and back were sore as well. Deciding to indulge herself, Lavine timidly asked for the works.

"I'll get that ready for you. Wait here." And with that, the woman dissipated without giving so much as a name. Lavine stood silently in a state of shock, only understanding enough to sip her tea and wait for her return.

ledger- 1 SM for tea at Bath House

Lavine

Character sheet
Artist (1)

Postby Lavine on July 20th, 2014, 4:52 am

31st of Summer, 514 AV

The woman returned as suddenly as she had left. With a beckoning gesture, the woman began to strut away and up a flight of stairs. Lavine scrambled to follow her, and before long she found herself in the presence of what could only be the massage tables.

Without giving Lavine time to take in the surroundings, the woman turned to her and began introductions.

"I am Anelda, and today I will serve you." Anelda flashed a smile that made Lavine's distrust melt away.
"If you would just lie down here."

Barely conscious of her own actions, Lavine lay herself down on her stomach on the massage table where Anelda had indicated. A soft towel was draped over her body with cold hands.

A whisper in her ear told her that things would get better in a moment. They were oh-so right.

Anelda's expert hands warmed up quickly and slid smoothly along the ragged skin of Lavine's back. The masseuse's fingertips prodded the sore muscles gently, urging them to release their painful grip. The gentle warmth of her palms soothed the aching of the girl's body and left her nothing but content. The calming smell of the tea still residing on the floor wafted up to Lavine's nose, tempting her to breathe in deeply. As she did so, she could feel her back tense...and relax. The release of tension was marvelous, and only got better as the time passed.

As Anelda worked at Lavine's neck, shoulders, and eventually feet, the Kelvic had to fight to stay awake. By the time the soft hands landed on Lavine's scalp, her mind was drifting and snores were escaping her open mouth.

It could have been ticks or bells later. Lavine had no notion of time. All she knew was that when she opened her eyes, Anelda had a hand covering her shoulder and gently shaking her.

The trip home that night was much more pleasant, and any stress Lavine may have had went out the window with her.

ledger- 5 GM for full massage at Bath House

Lavine

Character sheet
Artist (1)

Postby Aoren on July 27th, 2014, 1:21 pm

Oh my!

Ms. Lavine,

On page 154 of Ms. Gossamer's scrapbook a list was posted concerning a certain players registered Alt Player Characters. Both Tais and Lavine are listed as being registered to the same IP address.

That means this thread potentially violates the rules wherein the following is stated:

1.)Two PCs from the same player cannot be related, know each other, interact in any way shape or form with each other, or benefit from each other in any way shape or form.

2.)Two PCs from the same player cannot be in the same Domain at the same time unless they have a really good reason and permission from the location's DS or a Founder. Once there, rule number one applies.

3.)Alts (even if they are mod/PC combs) cannot be in the same thread at the same time without HD permission. The Help Desk will only grant this permission if the occasion is very special (say a wedding of a friend of both alts) and if permission is granted, rule number one applies.

4.)PC alts of Moderators cannot interact in threads the same player's moderator posted with the sole exclusion of shop threads that are self-serve or moderated by a different mod at the time of the PC posting.

5.) Mods cannot grade the threads of their PCs.

6.) Players cannot have more than 5 accounts at any one given time.

You may find the rules governing Alt PC's and Multiple Characters here and here.

I cannot prevent you from receiving a grade but you will have to petition the Help Desk.

Respectfully,
Aoren
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)