Closed Magic can be wonderful (Aoren)

Aoren and S'Essy meets once more

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Magic can be wonderful (Aoren)

Postby S'Essy on July 13th, 2014, 4:34 pm

She was right. She was suprised she was right, even with her Common. But she spent many years using mostly that language, she was obviously better. At least a little a bit. But it was also amazing. She had never given a thought about how size would change the power of the shield. It wouldn't, which mad eit even more amazing. "And I guess, the bigger the person or item we want to put the shield, the more time it will take?"

She was looking at the shield he made. It had some holes but Aoren "fixed it". Which made her think about another matter. But that could come a little bit later. He was focusing once more but he wasn't that focused like before. She wondered why. A strange thing happened. A breeze out of nowhere just strucked the shield. It had a bright light, then it vanished, like if the breeze blew it away from the book's cover.

"How..." She started but stopped as Aoren was speaking. Would be rude to cut between his speech. She was also wondering why it happened. She was more curious what did he do? Aoren must have used another magic. She smiled back at him. When he finished thinking she paid attention to every detail again. Didn't want to miss any information.

"Interesting... Can you tell me about Reimancy? What's that?" Well... she knew the name now the magic he used. "And there are a few things which I don't get though. You used the same djed right? I mean, your OWN djed. How can that djed be more different when you used Rei... Reimacy? That magic. That gas...we use, is not the same? Also, I can also use my own djed to make breeze? You so easily did it." She was curious, she didn't know she would be able to do it. Maybe not.

She nodded at his offer. Give a smile. "Sure, I want to ask something anyway and for that I will need a shield. But please give me a few chimes, I'm a bit slower." She then closed her eyes. She blocked everything in her mind. She didn't want to hear anything only her breathing, which started to slow down. Steady. In and out and repeat.

When she could only pay attention to the breathing, she started the imagine that the gas comes out from her lungs with the air she was about to blow out. Then slowly with her fingers, she started to form it. She tasked it with the same thing as Aoren. Slowly she started to put on the book's cover.

She openned her eyes. She saw as with her fingers, the sea blue shield of hers appeared on it's surface. It was like she was pulling up curtains on it. When she was done she looked back at Aoren. "Well, it's kinda the same as yours, just it's appearance is different. Like it?" Gave a quick smile then continued."So you used that magic which destroyed your shield. Pity. But now I think about it, you tried to 'attack" that shield so the different use of that djed must have disturbed the shield's djed which you used differently. But let's say you don't want to destroy it but strengthen mine. Do you think it would block your djed even if you would use it to fix it? I know you could fix yours but care to try to fix mine?" As she spoke a little hole already appeared on her shield. Perfect! Then she chuckled."I said djed so many times.. djed, djed,djed,djed,djed,djed...blee! Hehe"
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Aoren on July 13th, 2014, 5:39 pm

Yes. That would be correct as far as I know. It certainly takes a lot longer to Shield a table for example when compared to Shielding a book.” He chuckled. The largest object that Aoren had fashioned a Shield over to date were the windows in his living quarters at the University. As of late it was the chief outlet for his Shielding practices.

Reimancy is the magic that allows me to manipulate the natural elements.” Aoren listened to her questions. He admitted that they were the same questions that arose in his mind as well. He didn’t know the answers. They were things that could only be answered with time and study.

I don’t know S’Essy. As far as I know the djed I use to accomplish my Reimancy, Auristics or my Shielding all come from the same sources. I can only guess that it is the way that I use that djed that affects how it interacts with other forms of my djed.” He thought on that for a moment. It would make an interesting topic for a research paper but Aoren possessed neither the knowledge or wherewithal to even know where to begin with it. “You could. Reimancy requires an initiation though. It is not one that I perform often. Even then I only do it after careful planning and preparation.

Reimancy was a dangerous initiation process. If performed correctly the worst the initiate had to deal with was discomfort, pain, and convulsions after which there was a lingering ache throughout the whole body. At the worst of times, with a stray thought the Reimancer doing the initiation could kill their pupil by accidentally transmuting their Res inside the students body. The last initiation that Aoren had performed had gone well but it was only because he had taken a number of precautions. At any rate it was a subject for another time as S’Essy began the work of building her Shield.

Aoren had only ever seen one other Shielder construct a Shield. It was during his journey to Zeltiva. The mage in question had been in the company of the hired mercenaries assigned to protect the caravan. It was interesting to watch. S’Essy wove her Shield in a completely different manner than Aoren did. Whereas he extruded djed from his hands in a liquid, almost gel like substance, she breathed a gas over the book. He had never considered weaving a Shield in that manner but he supposed the same principles applied. As long as it stuck to the object being Shielded, what did it matter? The silvery shine of her Shield was fascinating to behold. It reminded him of the waters of the Suvan. Then came her question.

That…is actually a very good question. I do not know. I don’t see the harm in trying.” Reaching for his own djed he decided to give S’Essy’s method a try right then and there. Concentrating on making his djed light and wispy to match the consistency of what he saw, Aoren took a deep breath. This was a new method to him so it took a fair bit of concentration on his part. He could feel the djed pooling in his lungs. He willed it to travel up from his lungs and into his mouth as a gas. Exhaling he brought his hands to his just a few inches in front of his mouth cupping them. The result was gaseous Res that was not the color of his Shields but the definitive cerulean he knew so well.

Ah. That won’t do. Give me a moment.” Grasping the Res he willed it back into his body closing his eyes concentrating. As his Res fell back into place, Aoren again called upon the powers of his Shielding. He concentrated harder this time. With a few steadying breaths he again willed his djed to flow out of his mouth in a gaseous form. The result was a success this time. Cupping it in his hands he brought it down to brush against the wisps of S’Essy’s Shield. Aoren prodded his own djed to mingle and mix with hers. The wisps of his rudimentary Shield did not take to S’Essy’s. In fact his Shield ended up pressing against the borders of hers. He could feel the resistance. There were small slivers that jutted themselves into S’Essy’s Shield but they looked out of place. However, there were a single area that seemed to fall into place in line with the Konti woman’s Shield. Aoren’s djed filled a gap that had formed. He willed it to mesh with S’Essy’s and for a moment he thought it would be successful. Then Aoren’s Shield overwhelmed S’Essy’s and both of them collapsed.

Well…” Aoren looked up at S’Essy. He wasn’t disappointed. The beginnings of the idea of being able to weave a Shield together with another Shielder was there. He had seen the Shields begin to weave together. “…I think it’s possible. It looked like our Shields were starting to weave together. I just don’t think either of us is skilled enough to do it effectively.
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby S'Essy on July 13th, 2014, 7:21 pm

"Reimancy, Reimancy, Reimancy." She kept saying the word again and again to memorize it. She also paid attention what he said about it. Controlling the elements. Sounds dangerous but also exciting. She was wondering about her own question. Aoren didn't know the answer either. She had an idea but she wasn't sure if she should share it. She looked at Aoren. Why shouldn't she? She trusted that the man would not laugh at her.

"Well... we can say that we transform our djed right? And you said reimancy is about manipulating elements. You transform that djed in a different way. You used it to attack the shield rather than helping it. And I guess because the shield itself is also a transformed form of your djed, it can't transform your breeze back into djed and use it for its own task." Or she thought that way. She was far from knowing about magic. She only had experience to make guesses. "It's like... tea and ale. They both are liquids. But if you pour the ale into the tea, there won't be more tea in that cup."

Then she just placed her face in her palm and give a big sigh. Did she really make an example like that? She was embarassed. She pulled away her hand and tried to not look at Aoren. She was afraid also that he would laugh at her. "Sorry that was... really... ugh... could have find a better example than that. But you get the idea.... I hope."

Her interest however was more peaked when he said she could Reimancy. Though it would require iniation. She wasn't sure about that and dropped the idea to use Reimancy with that. She didn't want to ask him if he would do it. It also sounded a bit dangerous. He has to make careful planning and preparation? She started to feel a bit coward.

She was watching how Aoren tried to fix her shield. First attempt, it was different. She was staring at him. She was doing shielding in that manner. Did he try to do the same way as her? It amused her. Didn't work first. S'Essy chuckled. "My way is a bit harder?" She didn't want to offend him, just joking a bit. The second attempt were succesful... kind of. He made some progress and the shield he was casting was about to be one with her. But his was gone, just like the one she casted.

Well at least she knew he could... if they would be better. "Okay, can we rest a bit? Just get our power back a bit. I still want to try one thing or two. Maybe even more." She gave a smile to him. It wasn't that hard and exhausting to weave shields, but rest never hurt, he also used other magic too. "Oh. Mind if I ask, when did Rak'keli mark you? I mean, it's always interesting to hear when you have to prove yourself to get her attention and not born with it...like me. Also.."She chuckled again."...just like in my case, she chose that you should show off your power by placing the mark on your face."
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Aoren on July 13th, 2014, 10:30 pm

I admit I have never tried to make a Shield that way. It was different. I will just have to practice making my Shields in a variety of ways just like I do my Reimancy.” At S’Essy’s suggestion to put a pause on their undertaking he nodded. Switching back and forth between using his Reimancy and his Shielding had begun to make Aoren feel a little fatigued. He was still eager to learn a few more things alongside S’Essy but she was right. It would do them some good to take a small break.

Sure. We can pick things back up when you feel comfortable.” From everything that she had told him S’Essy was only a practitioner of Shielding magic. As it turned out, a very novice practitioner at best. Aoren however was on the verge of becoming a Master of Reimancy. He had experience manipulating three different forms of Personal Magic. He supposed this had made him more accustomed to the drain of Djedweaving. It was no less taxing on him to work with his basic knowledge of Shielding but it was something he’d come to expect. Aoren blinked a few times at her inquiry about his Gnosis Mark. His right hand, the same hand bearing the Mark of Avalis, came up to brush his fingertips over the Mark of Rak’keli on the right side of his face.

He was silent for a long while. The memory of the events that played out not but a few seasons prior were still relatively fresh in his mind. They were not something he would forget any time soon. Aoren didn’t think he ever would. It had been a trial to say the least. He hadn’t been entirely certain that he would live through it. Dropping his hand he rest both hands on the surface of the table.

It was Fall of last year.” He leaned back in his chair folding his arms across his chest. Looking skyward he worked on recalling all of the events that played out. “I had been searching for herbs in the Bronze Woods around Syliras. I heard screaming and went to investigate.

The events played out in Aoren’s minds eyes. He could still feel the rush of the wind against his face. He could feel the branches grazing over his skin as he brushed past them. He could hear the screams echoing in the woods.

What I found was a Drykas raider trying to abduct a young woman. I tried to persuade him to just turn around and go home. I tried to settle the conflict without resorting to violence at first but I was no fool. I knew I would be hard pressed to convince him. The Drykas man and I ended up fighting. For the better half of the duel I thought I would end up losing and in so doing wind up either a prisoner of the very raider I was trying to stop or dead. By some miracle though, and with the help of the woman, I managed to overpower him.” He remembered the crucial assistance that had been delivered by the young woman at just the right time. It had shocked the Drykas warrior so thoroughly that Aoren had managed to render the man unconscious.

The moment I delivered a blow to the raider’s skull so hard I ended up cracking bone. It was right as I delivered the decisive blow to my opponent that his comrades showed up. They were not alone however…” He could still hear the flap of leathery wings. He could hear the numbing roar of the beast that had followed the raiders and the cold terror that had washed over him at hearing it. The mere memory of it made Aoren shiver. It had not been a pleasant encounter. He closed his eyes as he recalled some of the screams of Drykas men killed by the beast. When he opened them his expression was dark.

Do you know what a Balicani is?
Aoren

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby S'Essy on July 14th, 2014, 11:11 am

She leaned back as well while she wa slistening to his story. All started in Syliras, in the Bronze Woods. She knew you could find yourself in unexpected situations there. She was thinking how she met the squire she helped out... who she was with right now in the city. She also heard that somebody was yelling. The story was nearly similar. But just nearly, her eyes widened as she listened.

A drykas raider trying to abduct a young woman. She didn't expect that."I have met a few drykas in Riverfall... never thought they are that... violent." Well being within the city which was guarded by the Akalaks, she could hardly seen one. Or working in the Medical Center for that matter. Not much violence to see there, only the results of violence and accidents. She was also suprised that he fought. He wasn't a healer during that time and even if he would have been, he could fight for self-defense. There was a life at risk.

She just saw the picture he described. Terrible, made her shiver a bit. But she got used to it. Not the first time she saw such things, but that didn't change the fact that they were all horrible for her. But the goddess must have seen something in during these crisis. But the story wasn't over. He asked about the Balicani.

She was looking around the place, trying to recall if she heard it before. Not much luck. "Balicani..Balicani... No. Not familiar at all."
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Aoren on July 16th, 2014, 3:29 pm

The Drykas have fallen on desperate times from what I understand.” Aoren reflected on what he’d learned during his skirmish with the raiders. It had not been encouraging. There were questions that he had to ask but he had no way of pursuing their answers at the present time. Like a great many things in Aoren’s life it would have to wait.

A plague has ravaged their people. They have lost so many that they are or at least they were abducting others to increase their numbers. It is not the kindest route to prevent themselves from dying out but knowing what I do I cannot hate them.” What would he do if driven to such lengths? How far would he have to fall to become that desperate? Aoren did not know. He had never fallen on such hard times. He hoped he never would. Regardless he ceased pondering such things to continue on with his story.

A balicani is a beast that roams the wilderness around Syliras. It is a fearsome leathery creature with tough hide, monstrous wings, claws and sharp teeth. That is not even the deadliest thing about it.” Aoren suppressed a shiver. He could still hear the screams of those men who had met the terrible fate handed out to them by the balicani’s most lethal weapon. “The beast can spit acid that will melt most anything it touches. Outside of magic I don’t know of anything that can withstand it.

He sighed heavily rubbing his face with both hands. Rocking back in his chair he gathered his thoughts as he recounted the hectic events that came next.

The raiders were fleeing one of these beasts. Whether it just happened upon them or they managed to anger it, I don’t know. It was following them though. What I thought was going to turn into a fight against men turned into the most terrifying experience of my life. I am amazed that I lived through it when several others did not.” He glanced at S’Essy to gauge her reaction to the tale he was telling. All of it was true. He had no reason to embellish the story with magnificent feats or terrifying specters from the dark corners of the world. The story was there. All he had to do was relay the events as they actually happened.

The balicani killed several, as I said. Ultimately the raiders and I ended up working together to run it off. We didn’t kill it. I don’t think we could have but we managed to scare it away.” Aoren left out the part that involved his use of Reimancy. In truth one could almost say he scared it off single-handedly but that was not the way he saw it. If it had not been for the bravery of the Drykas raiders who distracted the creature he would not have been able to pull off the maneuver that he had.

After the beast was gone there was the warrior that I had fought to tend to along with a few other injured Drykas. I was caught between what I should do. I used the gift of Avalis to determine the character of who I had just fought with. That was when I learned of the plague. So I helped them.” He shrugged his shoulders. To Aoren it had been the right thing to do. Uncovering what he had he would not have been able to forgive himself had he left them all to just die.

That was when she appeared.” There was no mistaking who Aoren was referring to. A gentle, almost sad looked entered his eyes as he spoke about the memory. “She asked me why I bothered to help those who would have tried to kill or enslave me were it not for the beast. I told her it was just the right thing to do. I told her that everyone, no matter their choices in life, deserved the chance to live if it was within my power to save them. The truth of the matter was that they still could have enslaved me. They still could have killed me. I didn’t care. Abandoning them would have been wrong.

He reached up brushing his fingertips over the mark on the right side of his face.

She embraced me then. She enfolded me into her warmth and touched her lips to my face. In that moment I was healed and blessed. In that moment I became one of her servants. And then she was gone, leaving me to my work.” He smiled reaching up to rub at the back of his head with a small blush.

Sorry. I didn’t mean to go on like that. It was only after she left that I realized the very woman who I had tried to save turned out to be the goddess.
Aoren

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby S'Essy on July 17th, 2014, 3:11 pm

Plague, a terrible disease, which could do more damage than good. Luckily she never had to see it or deal with it. Though that still is not an excuse for violence. S'Essy had another "battle" inside her thoughts. She didn't hate them, but can she judge them? It was their people at sake. No.. she can't judge, she was not there. She tried to remember her Oath to Rak'keli. She continued listening to his story.

She just shivered by hearing about the acid spitting beast. These always reminded her how little she knew about the world, even though she spent years outside of Mura. A monster in short. She kinda started to feel bad for the raiders even more. Nobody deserves that, nobody. His story was trully dark. Even just hearing it, but being there and seeing it would have been a different situation.

But there was somethign heart warming in that story. Overcome your judgement and helping to thse raiders, even though one of them just caused trouble for him and for the woman. A true aspect of a healer. She knew why would Rak'keli chose him, not just her sister. And she didn't know that they were doing it because of the plague until then.

And the happier part of the story came. Her goddess came and asked questions from him, to be sure he was worthy. A smile appeared on her face as she was listening what was his answers. How different it was for him, how challening, yet for her... She finally commented."You deserved that kiss. And you deserved her power." The Konti saw how he blushed a little.

She was suprised that the woman was the goddess. Truly the gods liked to take them into situations and see how they react. This one was no different. So she saw in him something before that incident. Just she wanted to test him. "Sorry? For what? I'm glad that you told me the whole story. You know how different it is? You proved that you can be a healer. I didn't have to... I was born with it. My family, my grandmother, my mother, my cousin, my aunt, we were all born as healers. I was raised like that." She remembered at the times, when she didn't get why did she have to have that responsbility as a child. "But I don't mind, in fact I'm glad. I had a choice and I intended to stay one. Our Goddess put faith on me and on you."

Then she was staring at his hand. Her eyes lost focus, she wasn't completely there. An idea got into her head. She was ready to try shielding again and she wanted something different this time. Could she do it? With Aoren she felt more confident and felt a bit smarter. Silly as it sounds. She "came back" to the library and looked at him. "Can you give me one of your hand? I mean... I have hands..." She was babbling again. She placed her face on her hand for a second and tried again. "Okay strange request. Touch the book or my arm. Try to memorize what was it like, then can you put it on the table and keep it there? I want to try something."
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Aoren on July 19th, 2014, 5:11 pm

Aoren could only shrug his shoulders and blush. He was not accustomed to such praise. He wasn’t dismissive of his accomplishments but he was far from used to speaking of them aloud. It was interesting to him how easily conversation with S’Essy came. She had a very disarming nature about her. There was a natural comfort in being in her presence that he did not often share with people. He had come a long way from the very distant, stoic, silent recluse that he once was but being social was still something of a challenge for Aoren.

Thank you.” It was all he could say really. He didn’t have any other words to put to how he was feeling at that moment. The blush on his face didn’t recede until after a few moments however. Aoren had grown up with the gift of a god. It had been tough. It had set him apart from the children his age and even as an adolescent. It was something he hadn’t fully understood at the time but he’d become stronger and wiser because of it. When Rak’keli marked him though, it was an entirely different experience.

Avalis had blessed him. He didn’t know why. He likely never would until such time as he was face to face with the goddess. He was grateful for her gift despite not always being wise with its use in his early youth. With Rak’keli? He had been challenged. He had been pushed. He had almost been certain of his impending demise. In the end the goddess had rewarded him because she had faith in his abilities.

That in itself was a profound thought.

Not just one but two deities had faith in Aoren just as he had faith in them.

At S’Essy’s request he quirked his head arching an eyebrow slightly. His curiosity was peaked but he did as requested. Reaching out he placed the tips of his fingers on the bare flesh of her arm. He felt the bump of scales along the lower portion of her arm. The way his fingers glided over the odd layer was fascinating to him. As he drew his hand back the tips of his fingers brushed over the back of her hand gliding over the scales to be found there. The fascination was painted clearly on Aoren’s face.

The sensation of touch was something Aoren did not often delve into. He kept to himself. Rarely, if ever, did he reach out to touch other people or things unless it was in greeting or entirely necessary. He seldom paid attention to it as it was a sensation that existed in the back of his mind. At feeling the odd bumps on S’Essy’s skin however he was driven to pay more attention to it. What was obviously natural for a Konti, as he’d seen it all before growing up in Syliras where there was a strong Konti presence, was completely foreign to him.

Alright then, what’s next?” He folded his hands together resting them on the surface of the table. It had been a strange request but he imagined she had a point to it. From the distant look in her eyes not but a few moments ago she was obviously thinking quite hard on something. Was it perhaps another look into her past? Was it more questions regarding his own?
Aoren

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby S'Essy on July 19th, 2014, 5:42 pm

She was glad that he didn't refuse her request. At she saw he was about to touch her skin. She extended one of her hand towards him. Was looking at him as he running through his fingers on her scales. Not that suprising, humans didn't have them, which was just as odd for her as odd might have been for them to see that Konti did have them. But that made them different and unique from one and another.

She noticed the reactions on his face. Gave a smile to that. She didn't blame him, her request was not an usual one. But she was curious and it was for just magic. Although S'Essy was glad that he did that, she was sure it was something new to him so he could memorize it better. She pulled away her arm when he finished and put his hands on the table as she asked. She nodded. "Now I ask for you to be patient with me." She winked at Aoren and closed her eyes.

She obviously wanted to use shielding again but in a different way. She thought she should be more creative with that magic, it's not only beautiful. It was a new idea she was experiencing with. Blocking senses, she wanted to block Aoren's sense of touch. Now that he knew what was her scales felt like, he could tell the difference for her. Her breath was slow, but she couldn't hide her excitement.

Trying something new was always exciting and she wanted to do it quickly which wasn't that good. Her breath was slow but her focus was bad, really bad. She was rushing the whole process. She already started to imagine that she breaths out gas like djed to her hands. She was tasking it to block the sense of touch. She openned her eyes and was forming it to pull it on Aoren's hand.

She was rushing, she didn't focus enough, her exctiment was too great, she wanted to do it quickly and wanted to see the result. She was putting on the shield on his right hand like it was a glove. Her shield's color and form appeared. But it was thin and fragile. When she was done, his hand was covered with the shied. But it was bad. If Aoren would have moved his hand, the shield would immedieatly vanish away. But she didn't know that. "Try it now! Touch now!"
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Aoren on July 20th, 2014, 8:45 pm

Aoren merely nodded at S’Essy’s request for him to be patient. Shielding still didn’t come easily to him. It still took a bit of concentration and a great deal of focus on the task he was trying to achieve. He couldn’t just will a Shield into existence on a whim like he could quite nearly do with reimancy. He had to be in a relatively calm, quiet place where he could concentrate in order to weave his djed together in the proper manner. As she worked he observed her.

The set of her brow, the squinting of her eyes and then finally the high speed excitement with which she spun the weave of her Shield over his hands. Slightly taken aback by her excitement Aoren nonetheless did as she asked only for the Shield over his hand to immediately fall to pieces the moment he moved it. He watched the wisps of it fade away into nothingness then gave S’Essy an apologetic smile.

Don’t be discouraged. We’re both new to this sort of thing. Neither of us can construct a Shield with any great success right now.” He reached over to gently pat S’Essy on the back of her hand.

The point is to keep practicing. You’ll have to remember not to move so quickly though. Shields require thought. They require concentration and very focused casting. If you rush into the construction of a Shield then you’ll find it is even more weak than what we as beginners are already capable of.” Aoren could guess at the reason why she had asked him to memorize the sensation of either the book or the skin of her forearm.

You were trying to block the sensation of touch, weren’t you?” It was more of a rhetorical question than anything else. He already knew the answer. With a nod he leaned back in his chair thinking for a few moments.

Touch it seems to me is one of the more difficult senses to completely block. With sound you simply have to increase the thickness of the Shield tasking it to enforce a wall of silence. To that end you could make the Shield in a quiet place and task the Shield to mimic that quiet. For blocking out light it’s equally not entirely all that difficult. You make the weave of the Shield more opaque and darken the threads or perhaps close your eyes and imbue the Shield with the darkness you see behind your eyelids. When it comes to senses like smell or touch though I think it would be a little more difficult.” Leaning forward Aoren decided to give S’Essy’s idea a try for himself. He gestured to her hands.

May I?
Aoren

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext